|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Folk Tales, Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives in town at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) A bank robber.
(b) A travelling preacher.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Hurston's husband.
2. What does the younger brother at the end of the story in Chapter 2 do for a living?
(b) Plows fields.
(c) Rides in the rodeo.
3. What do the people in town want to know about the author when she arrives in town?
(a) If she has children.
(b) How much she makes.
(c) Her religion.
(d) How long she will be there.
4. In what state does the author spend most of her time collecting stories?
5. What do people hide behind at a "toe party"?
(a) A foot.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A curtain.
(d) A door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does the author cross into at the start of the book?
2. How do the men react to their partners at a "toe party"?
3. Why does Hurston want to go to a new location at the end of Chapter 3?
4. Which two people does Hurston say supply enough stories for one book?
5. What was in the smaller box in the tale of two boxes?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)