|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Folk Tales, Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the boss dock the workers' pay after the boiler explosion?
(a) The money burned in the fire.
(b) They caused the explosion.
(c) The mill closed.
(d) They were up in the air.
2. In Chapter 4, what does Hurston initially think of the people in the city where she stops?
(a) She likes them.
(b) She hates them.
(c) She trusts them.
(d) She does not trust them.
3. How does Hurston become accepted by people in Chapter 4?
(a) Sells them some gin.
(b) Preaches to them.
(c) Tells them she is a bootlegger.
(d) Gives them a ride in her car.
4. Whom does the deceased person speak to after dying in the Johnstown flood?
(d) St. Peter.
5. Who is the first person to introduce himself to Hurston?
(a) Mr. Piefer.
(b) Mr. Clean.
(c) Mr. Pitts.
(d) Mr. Spock.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the "toe party" last?
2. Whom does Hurston plan to stay with in town?
3. What is Joe Wiley's story about in chapter 5?
4. What stories do the men tell on the way to work in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 4, the men tell stories about bosses. What are the bosses like?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)