|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Jim Weston do to support himself and Daisy?
2. What other forgotten item does Lum Boger bring back to the trial?
3. How does Lum Boger respond to the women's reactions when he comes back to quiet them?
4. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What did Daisy do for Dave Carter the day before the trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the themes of "Mule Bone" is the criticism of religious intolerance. Using the authors' perspective, capture their points of view in an essay. Use specific examples that would mirror the types of complaints that Hughes and Hurston present in "Mule Bone."
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the play, adults behave like children, and children mirror the behavior of the adults. Explain how this circle of immature behavior creates a dysfunctional community. Provide examples from the text to support your points.
Essay Topic 3
Because of the falling out between the authors, "Mule Bone" is actually an unfinished play. Review the play and critique it. What changes would you suggest to improve upon the current version? Look at the notes about name changes as well. What versions of names would you use? How would you change or enhance some scenes? Be sure to refer to specific sections and examples as you discuss the play.
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)