|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason is given to support the idea of the Methodist minister leading the prayer?
2. What other forgotten item does Lum Boger bring back to the trial?
3. Who defends herself by saying that everyone's house has some bedbugs and lice?
4. What does Dave Carter say he got enough of on Saturday night (the night of the fight)?
5. What will Jim Weston do to support himself and Daisy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how an argument between two men over a girl becomes a community-wide battle over religion. Trace the evolution of the argument, and explain how the conflict evolves. Use specific examples to support your observations.
Essay Topic 2
Several characters in "Mule Bone" prove themselves to be hypocritical through their comments and/or their actions. Describe those characters who could be defined as hypocritical and explain how they contribute to the humor of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the authors' treatment of women in the play. What roles do the women play, and what stereotypes do they fall into? How do the characters perpetuate traditional gender roles and stereotypes? Be sure to use evidence from the text to support your point.
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)