|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Daisy and Jim Weston plan to go?
2. What evidence does Dave Carter present to prove that he is as clean as everybody else?
3. Why does Daisy refuse both Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
4. What does Jim Weston do as he sits alone on the railroad tracks?
5. How does Joe Clarke try to quiet the crowd when he enters the church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters express their opinions regarding the responsibility that Daisy bears in the fight between Jim and Dave, and their opinions are wide-ranging. Characterize Daisy. Is she an innocent bystander or a manipulative tease? Provide evidence from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the play, adults behave like children, and children mirror the behavior of the adults. Explain how this circle of immature behavior creates a dysfunctional community. Provide examples from the text to support your points.
Essay Topic 3
From beginning to end, Act 3 is much more about Jim's and Dave's relationship than it is about Daisy's relationship with either of the men. Prove this observation by providing and analyzing evidence that reflects the importance of their relationship to the scene.
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)