|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the charge of assault and battery, how does Jim Weston plead?
2. Why does Jim Weston pull Daisy down to sit on the tracks with him?
3. How many people are in the church at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. How does Daisy respond to Jim's anger over her visit with Dave Carter?
5. What does Dave Carter say he got enough of on Saturday night (the night of the fight)?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the authors' treatment of women in the play. What roles do the women play, and what stereotypes do they fall into? How do the characters perpetuate traditional gender roles and stereotypes? Be sure to use evidence from the text to support your point.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the conflict between the Methodists and the Baptists. How much of their conflict is rooted in religious doctrine, and how much is rooted in individual, personal bias? What do their complaints about each other reveal about the people in the community? What does their behavior reveal about their understanding of ethics, morality and values? Provide examples from the text to help support your points.
Essay Topic 3
Because of the falling out between the authors, "Mule Bone" is actually an unfinished play. Review the play and critique it. What changes would you suggest to improve upon the current version? Look at the notes about name changes as well. What versions of names would you use? How would you change or enhance some scenes? Be sure to refer to specific sections and examples as you discuss the play.
This section contains 1,417 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)