Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What argument does Deacon Simms use to defend Jim Weston?
2. Deacon Simms accuses Dave Carter of what?
3. How does Jim Weston respond to the Baptists' actions when he enters the church?
4. Where does Daisy suggest she and Jim Weston live after they get married?
5. Why does Joe Clarke get frustrated with Lum Boger?
From beginning to end, Act 3 is much more about Jim's and Dave's relationship than it is about Daisy's relationship with either of the men. Prove this observation by providing and analyzing evidence that reflects the importance of their relationship to the scene.
Several characters in "Mule Bone" prove themselves to be hypocritical through their comments and/or their actions. Describe those characters who could be defined as hypocritical and explain how they contribute to the humor of the play.
Analyze the importance of satire in the play. Where do the authors include satire, and what aspects of society are they criticizing? How effective are their attempts at satire? Provide examples from the text to support your point.
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)