|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim Weston react when a person from the mob throws something at him?
2. To prove his love for Daisy, how much time would Jim Weston do on a chain gang?
3. How does Daisy respond when Dave Carter and Jim Weston both choose their music over a life with her?
4. Jim Weston accuses Daisy of hurrying back to town to do what?
5. How much time would Dave Carter do on a chain gang in order to prove his love for Daisy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the struggle between Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms. What seems to be at the root of their animosity toward each other? How does each use the trial as an excuse to gain power over the other? Provide examples from the text to support your points.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the importance of satire in the play. Where do the authors include satire, and what aspects of society are they criticizing? How effective are their attempts at satire? Provide examples from the text to support your point.
Essay Topic 3
From beginning to end, Act 3 is much more about Jim's and Dave's relationship than it is about Daisy's relationship with either of the men. Prove this observation by providing and analyzing evidence that reflects the importance of their relationship to the scene.
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)