|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Daisy give Dave Carter to explain why she has not chosen him?
2. How does Daisy respond when Dave Carter and Jim Weston both choose their music over a life with her?
3. What Bible does Reverend Childers end up using?
4. What evidence does Sister Hambo provide to prove that she is telling the truth?
5. How does Joe Clarke try to quiet the crowd when he enters the church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the authors' treatment of women in the play. What roles do the women play, and what stereotypes do they fall into? How do the characters perpetuate traditional gender roles and stereotypes? Be sure to use evidence from the text to support your point.
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters express their opinions regarding the responsibility that Daisy bears in the fight between Jim and Dave, and their opinions are wide-ranging. Characterize Daisy. Is she an innocent bystander or a manipulative tease? Provide evidence from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how an argument between two men over a girl becomes a community-wide battle over religion. Trace the evolution of the argument, and explain how the conflict evolves. Use specific examples to support your observations.
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)