|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everyone believe has happened when the church bell begins to toll?
2. What evidence does Sister Hambo provide to prove that she is telling the truth?
3. How does Joe Clarke respond to Mrs. Nixon's accusation that he mistreats his wife and sells rancid bacon?
4. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. How does Jim Weston respond to the Baptists' actions when he enters the church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From beginning to end, Act 3 is much more about Jim's and Dave's relationship than it is about Daisy's relationship with either of the men. Prove this observation by providing and analyzing evidence that reflects the importance of their relationship to the scene.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the use of tall tales in "Mule Bone." Why are tall tales used in the play and how are they received by other characters? What are the circumstances around the telling of a tall tale? What role does the tall tale seem to play? Be sure to use specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters express their opinions regarding the responsibility that Daisy bears in the fight between Jim and Dave, and their opinions are wide-ranging. Characterize Daisy. Is she an innocent bystander or a manipulative tease? Provide evidence from the text to support your position.
This section contains 1,449 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)