|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daisy respond when Dave Carter and Jim Weston both choose their music over a life with her?
2. Why does Jim Weston think that the "mess and stink" was all for nothing?
3. How does Jim Weston react when Daisy puts her hand on his arm to comfort him?
4. How do the women react when Lum Boger comes back to quiet them?
5. What will Jim Weston do to support himself and Daisy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several characters in "Mule Bone" prove themselves to be hypocritical through their comments and/or their actions. Describe those characters who could be defined as hypocritical and explain how they contribute to the humor of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Many of the characters in "Mule Bone" are real hypocrites. They say one thing and then do another, or they make contradicting statements throughout the play, obviously trying to please or impress whoever they happen to around at the time. This characteristic is a focus of the authors' satire. Analyze their attack on hypocrites and their use of satire. Be sure to provide specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Because of the falling out between the authors, "Mule Bone" is actually an unfinished play. Review the play and critique it. What changes would you suggest to improve upon the current version? Look at the notes about name changes as well. What versions of names would you use? How would you change or enhance some scenes? Be sure to refer to specific sections and examples as you discuss the play.
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)