|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lum Boger respond to the women's reactions when he comes back to quiet them?
(a) He grumbles under his breath and kicks their chairs.
(b) He gets angry and begins to yell at them.
(c) He stands next to them and glares at them.
(d) He meekly returns to his seat next to Jim Weston.
2. Why is the church bell rung?
(a) Deacon Simms rings the bell to draw attention to his client's case.
(b) Hambo rings the bell as a way of ushering Jim Weston out of town.
(c) Lum Boger rings the bell to signal the beginning of the trial.
(d) It was an accident; someone fell and grabbed the rope.
3. Sister Lewis chastises Brother Nixon for what offense?
(a) He stepped over her without asking her pardon.
(b) He hangs his coat on one of the church's empty lamp brackets.
(c) He was talking during the trial, and she could not hear.
(d) He let his cow get into her strawberry patch.
4. What does everyone believe has happened when the church bell begins to toll?
(a) Everyone believes that Jim Weston has been convicted and sentenced.
(b) Everyone believes that the trial is about to begin.
(c) Everyone thinks that Dave Carter has died from his injuries.
(d) Everone believes that Jim Weston has been cleared of the charges.
5. How many people are in the church at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Only a handful of people are in church, but many are waiting outside.
(b) Exactly two people are in church, Jim Weston and Deacon Simms.
(c) The church is nearly empty.
(d) The church is almost full.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim Weston react when a person from the mob throws something at him?
2. What does Daisy suggest Jim Weston can do for a living after they get married?
3. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter express their love for Daisy?
4. How is Jim Weston escorted out of town?
5. How does Joe Clarke respond to Mrs. Nixon's accusation that he mistreats his wife and sells rancid bacon?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)