|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Deacon Simms accuses Dave Carter of what?
(a) Of stealing Daisy away from Jim Weston.
(b) Of feeling jealous of Jim Weston.
(c) Of living an unclean life.
(d) Of lying to Jim Weston about his injuries.
2. Where does Daisy suggest she and Jim Weston live after they get married?
(a) In Maitland, at her employer's farm.
(b) In another state.
(c) In town, with her mother.
(d) It does not matter.
3. What Bible does Reverend Childers end up using?
(a) He uses the church Bible from the pulpit.
(b) Joe Clarke forces Deacon Simms to share his Bible.
(c) One of the Baptists in the crowd shares his Bible with him.
(d) He returns to his home to get his own Bible.
4. How does Joe Clarke try to quiet the crowd when he enters the church?
(a) He rings the church bell in order to get their attention.
(b) He yells at them to be quiet.
(c) He frowns at the crowd.
(d) He sends Lum Boger in to quiet everyone.
5. How does Joe Clarke respond to Mrs. Nixon's accusation that he mistreats his wife and sells rancid bacon?
(a) He says everyone knows that she lies, so he is not concerned.
(b) He says she will not be allowed to buy anything else from the store until she pays back the money she owes.
(c) He bangs his gavel and calls for order.
(d) He says she smells like a nest of yellow hammers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defends herself by saying that everyone's house has some bedbugs and lice?
2. What are Jim Weston and Dave Carter doing as the curtain falls?
3. Why does Jim Weston think that the "mess and stink" was all for nothing?
4. What does Daisy suggest Jim Weston can do for a living after they get married?
5. What does Jim Weston pour out of his shoe?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)