|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sister Lewis chastises Brother Nixon for what offense?
(a) He let his cow get into her strawberry patch.
(b) He hangs his coat on one of the church's empty lamp brackets.
(c) He was talking during the trial, and she could not hear.
(d) He stepped over her without asking her pardon.
2. What will Jim Weston do to support himself and Daisy?
(a) He hopes to open his own general store.
(b) He hopes to get a job as a yard man.
(c) He plans to play music, but he no longer has anyone to sing and dance with.
(d) He thinks that she should work and support them both.
3. What does everyone believe has happened when the church bell begins to toll?
(a) Everyone believes that the trial is about to begin.
(b) Everone believes that Jim Weston has been cleared of the charges.
(c) Everyone believes that Jim Weston has been convicted and sentenced.
(d) Everyone thinks that Dave Carter has died from his injuries.
4. What does Daisy suggest Jim Weston can do for a living after they get married?
(a) She assures him that she will make enough to support them both.
(b) She suggests that he will make plenty of money as a guitar player.
(c) She suggests that he can become a waiter in Maitland.
(d) She suggests that he become a yard man and give up the guitar.
5. What order does Joe Clarke give to the people at the trial before they leave the church?
(a) He orders them to disperse quietly and return to their homes.
(b) He orders them to leave church grounds before they begin to fight.
(c) He orders them to help Lum Boger escort Jim Weston out of town.
(d) He orders them to leave their neighbors alone and mind their own business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Deacon Simms accuses Dave Carter of what?
2. How much time would Dave Carter do on a chain gang in order to prove his love for Daisy?
3. What does Dave Carter say he got enough of on Saturday night (the night of the fight)?
4. Hambo accuses Deacon Simms of telling what lie?
5. Where does Jim Weston plan to go when he gets up to leave after sitting on the railroad tracks?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)