|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time would Dave Carter do on a chain gang in order to prove his love for Daisy?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) Twenty years.
(d) Forty years.
2. Why does Daisy refuse both Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
(a) She is tired of seeing the friends fighting, so she decides to leave them alone.
(b) She has found another man in Maitland who can take care of her better.
(c) She never really wanted either of them; she was just playing a game.
(d) She will not marry a man who does not want to work and earn a living.
3. Where do Daisy and Jim Weston plan to go?
(a) They do not know where they are going.
(b) They are going to move to Maitland.
(c) They plan to go back into town.
(d) They plan to go to Daisy's mother's house.
4. Where does Daisy suggest she and Jim Weston live after they get married?
(a) In town, with her mother.
(b) In Maitland, at her employer's farm.
(c) In another state.
(d) It does not matter.
5. What does Jim Weston assume when he sees Dave coming down the tracks?
(a) That he is lost.
(b) That he has been run out of town, too.
(c) That he is looking for him.
(d) That he is heading out to see Daisy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daisy respond when Dave Carter asks if she loves him?
2. How do the Baptists respond to Jim Weston entering the church?
3. What does Sister Taylor suggest that Sister Lewis should do for her daughter?
4. What does Jim Weston do as he sits alone on the railroad tracks?
5. According to Reverend Childers, why is an ass bone close to a mule bone?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)