|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe Clarke get frustrated with Lum Boger?
(a) He has not shown up for the trial yet.
(b) He blames him for forgetting the gavel.
(c) He has not quited the crowd.
(d) He is sitting with the defendant.
2. Why does Dave Carter insist that no one in town has any right to determine Jim Weston's punishment?
(a) Jim Weston hit Dave Carter, so no one else but Dave should have anything to say about it.
(b) No one in town has any legal power.
(c) None of the people in town know anything about the law anyway.
(d) Jim Weston has been tried once; they cannot try him again.
3. What argument does Deacon Simms use to defend Jim Weston?
(a) He says that Jim was full of rage and did not realize what he was doing.
(b) He says that according to white law and the Bible, a mule bone is not a weapon.
(c) He says that it was an innocent disagreement between friends, but not a crime.
(d) He says that Jim was simply defending himself from Dave's angry tirade.
4. Where do Daisy and Jim Weston plan to go?
(a) They plan to go back into town.
(b) They do not know where they are going.
(c) They are going to move to Maitland.
(d) They plan to go to Daisy's mother's house.
5. How does Jim Weston respond to the Baptists' actions when he enters the church?
(a) He threatens them with physical harm if they bother him.
(b) He jumps over a church bench and punches one of them.
(c) He tries to run out of the church and escape.
(d) He hangs his head and refuses to make eye contact with anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reverend Childers, what is the most dangerous weapon in the world?
2. Which would Daisy rather be, a lark flying or a dove setting?
3. How does Brother Nixon respond to Sister Lewis' chastisement?
4. How does Joe Clarke respond to Mrs. Nixon's accusation that he mistreats his wife and sells rancid bacon?
5. Where does Daisy suggest she and Jim Weston live after they get married?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)