|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hambo accuses Deacon Simms of telling what lie?
(a) That Dave Carter has another girlfriend in another town, but it is untrue.
(b) That Joe Clarke sells stale bread, and Hambo defends him.
(c) That Jim Weston's father was run out of town, but he was lynched by white people.
(d) That Dave Carter stepped on Jim Weston's foot on purpose, but it was an accident.
2. According to Reverend Childers, what is the most dangerous weapon in the world?
(a) The hock bone of a mule.
(b) The jealousy of a man in love.
(c) A flirtatious woman.
(d) The anger of one friend toward another.
3. What does Sister Taylor suggest that Sister Lewis should do for her daughter?
(a) She should get her buck teeth fixed.
(b) She should get the sheriff to make one of her many boyfriends marry her.
(c) She should get her some new clothes so she does not have to wear sack cloth.
(d) She should teach her how to properly wash herself.
4. What did Daisy do for Dave Carter the day before the trial?
(a) Daisy washed and ironed his clothes for him.
(b) Daisy rubbed his head for him.
(c) Daisy brought him some fresh strawberries.
(d) Daisy made him a lunch plate.
5. What argument does Deacon Simms use to defend Jim Weston?
(a) He says that according to white law and the Bible, a mule bone is not a weapon.
(b) He says that it was an innocent disagreement between friends, but not a crime.
(c) He says that Jim was simply defending himself from Dave's angry tirade.
(d) He says that Jim was full of rage and did not realize what he was doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Daisy in a hurry when Jim Weston runs into her?
2. Why does Jim Weston pull Daisy down to sit on the tracks with him?
3. To prove his love for Daisy, how much time would Jim Weston do on a chain gang?
4. How do the Baptists respond to Jim Weston entering the church?
5. What does Jim Weston take with him as he leaves town?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)