|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Daisy suggest she and Jim Weston live after they get married?
(a) In Maitland, at her employer's farm.
(b) In another state.
(c) It does not matter.
(d) In town, with her mother.
2. How many people are in the church at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Only a handful of people are in church, but many are waiting outside.
(b) The church is almost full.
(c) The church is nearly empty.
(d) Exactly two people are in church, Jim Weston and Deacon Simms.
3. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter express their love for Daisy?
(a) They arm wrestle for her.
(b) They both sing songs that they have written for her.
(c) They try to outdo each other with extremes of what they would do for her.
(d) They recite poetry that they have dedicated to her.
4. What evidence does Dave Carter present to prove that he is as clean as everybody else?
(a) He sniffs under his arm and declares himself clean.
(b) He says he has had a bath that very day.
(c) He lets Reverend Childers check for dirt behind his ears.
(d) He says he goes swimming nearly every day.
5. According to Reverend Childers, why is an ass bone close to a mule bone?
(a) The skeletons of the animals are basically the same.
(b) They both have large ears, so they must be similar.
(c) An ass is a mule's father, so the mule is related to the ass.
(d) Both are single-hoofed animals, so they must be in the same family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 3?
2. How is Jim Weston escorted out of town?
3. On the charge of assault and battery, how does Jim Weston plead?
4. How much time would Dave Carter do on a chain gang in order to prove his love for Daisy?
5. Hambo accuses Deacon Simms of telling what lie?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)