Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What argument does Deacon Simms use to defend Jim Weston?
(a) He says that according to white law and the Bible, a mule bone is not a weapon.
(b) He says that it was an innocent disagreement between friends, but not a crime.
(c) He says that Jim was simply defending himself from Dave's angry tirade.
(d) He says that Jim was full of rage and did not realize what he was doing.
2. Deacon Simms accuses Dave Carter of what?
(a) Of living an unclean life.
(b) Of feeling jealous of Jim Weston.
(c) Of stealing Daisy away from Jim Weston.
(d) Of lying to Jim Weston about his injuries.
3. How does Jim Weston respond to the Baptists' actions when he enters the church?
(a) He jumps over a church bench and punches one of them.
(b) He tries to run out of the church and escape.
(c) He hangs his head and refuses to make eye contact with anyone.
(d) He threatens them with physical harm if they bother him.
4. Where does Daisy suggest she and Jim Weston live after they get married?
(a) In Maitland, at her employer's farm.
(b) In another state.
(c) In town, with her mother.
(d) It does not matter.
5. Why does Joe Clarke get frustrated with Lum Boger?
(a) He blames him for forgetting the gavel.
(b) He is sitting with the defendant.
(c) He has not quited the crowd.
(d) He has not shown up for the trial yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dave Carter insist that no one in town has any right to determine Jim Weston's punishment?
2. What does Jim Weston say that makes Daisy finally choose him over Dave Carter?
3. How does Daisy respond to Jim's anger over her visit with Dave Carter?
4. According to Lige Mosely, why should a Baptist be afraid to go swimming?
5. What clue in their verbal competition for Daisy suggests that Dave Carter and Jim Weston have put aside their differences?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)