|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim Weston say that makes Daisy finally choose him over Dave Carter?
(a) He says he would buy her a train.
(b) He says that he would jump off of an airplane just to walk with her.
(c) He says he truly loves her.
(d) He says he would give up his best friend for her.
2. What does Dave Carter say he got enough of on Saturday night (the night of the fight)?
(a) He says that he got enough of singing and dancing.
(b) He says he got enough of Daisy.
(c) He says he got enough of Jim Weston.
(d) He says he got enough of fighting.
3. Deacon Simms accuses Dave Carter of what?
(a) Of lying to Jim Weston about his injuries.
(b) Of feeling jealous of Jim Weston.
(c) Of living an unclean life.
(d) Of stealing Daisy away from Jim Weston.
4. What excuse does Daisy give Dave Carter to explain why she has not chosen him?
(a) He does not really need her.
(b) She cannot marry them both; she has to choose.
(c) He is less sincere than Jim Weston.
(d) She does not believe that he will ever give up singing and dancing.
5. Why does Jim Weston think that the "mess and stink" was all for nothing?
(a) He knows that he has nothing more to live for.
(b) He and Dave Carter both know that it was just a fight; he didn't mean to really hurt him
(c) He has been kicked out of town, and now he has nothing left.
(d) He realizes that the town is consumed with religious zealotry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Taylor suggest that Sister Lewis should do for her daughter?
2. What does Daisy suggest Jim Weston can do for a living after they get married?
3. What does Daisy say to Jim Weston in Act 3 that changes his mood?
4. Who defends herself by saying that everyone's house has some bedbugs and lice?
5. Why does Daisy refuse both Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)