|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daisy respond to Jim's anger over her visit with Dave Carter?
(a) She turns on her heel and walks away.
(b) She apologizes and begs for his forgiveness.
(c) She gets angry and yells at him.
(d) She begins to cry and says she was just being nice.
2. What evidence does Sister Hambo provide to prove that she is telling the truth?
(a) She belongs to Macedonia Baptist Church and cannot lie.
(b) She has six children, and they are all as honest as she is.
(c) Everyone in town knows that she always tells the truth.
(d) She swears on her mother's grave that she is telling the truth.
3. Where does Dave Carter suggest that Jim Weston should go at the end of Act 3?
(a) Follow Daisy.
(b) To Maitland.
(c) Follow the train tracks into Georgia.
(d) Back to town.
4. What does Sister Taylor suggest that Sister Lewis should do for her daughter?
(a) She should teach her how to properly wash herself.
(b) She should get the sheriff to make one of her many boyfriends marry her.
(c) She should get her buck teeth fixed.
(d) She should get her some new clothes so she does not have to wear sack cloth.
5. What does Daisy do after Jim Weston decides that he would rather have his freedom than marry her?
(a) She cries and begs him to change his mind.
(b) She turns to Dave Carter and offers him the same opportunity.
(c) She nods her head in agreement.
(d) She turns her nose up into the air and walks away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clue in their verbal competition for Daisy suggests that Dave Carter and Jim Weston have put aside their differences?
2. What is Jim Weston's sentence for his crime?
3. Who defends herself by saying that everyone's house has some bedbugs and lice?
4. What Bible does Reverend Childers end up using?
5. Why does Daisy begin to cry when speaking to Jim Weston in Act 3?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)