|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daisy respond when Dave Carter and Jim Weston both choose their music over a life with her?
(a) She laughs at first because she thinks they are joking.
(b) She shakes her fist at them and calls them names.
(c) She slowly walks back toward the town from which she had come.
(d) She sniffs at them and stomps off toward home.
2. Why is the church bell rung?
(a) It was an accident; someone fell and grabbed the rope.
(b) Deacon Simms rings the bell to draw attention to his client's case.
(c) Lum Boger rings the bell to signal the beginning of the trial.
(d) Hambo rings the bell as a way of ushering Jim Weston out of town.
3. What order does Joe Clarke give to the people at the trial before they leave the church?
(a) He orders them to disperse quietly and return to their homes.
(b) He orders them to leave their neighbors alone and mind their own business.
(c) He orders them to help Lum Boger escort Jim Weston out of town.
(d) He orders them to leave church grounds before they begin to fight.
4. How many people are in the church at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The church is nearly empty.
(b) Exactly two people are in church, Jim Weston and Deacon Simms.
(c) The church is almost full.
(d) Only a handful of people are in church, but many are waiting outside.
5. Why does Deacon Simms refuse to allow Reverend Childers to use his Bible?
(a) Reverend Childers is a Baptist and cannot read anyway.
(b) He is afraid that Reverend Childers will soil his pages.
(c) Deacon Simms' children gave the Bible to him, so it's special.
(d) He says any good preacher would have brought his own Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim Weston accuses Daisy of hurrying back to town to do what?
2. Deacon Simms accuses Dave Carter of what?
3. What reason is given to support the idea of the Baptist minister leading the prayer before trial?
4. What does Daisy say to Jim Weston in Act 3 that changes his mood?
5. How do the women react when Lum Boger comes back to quiet them?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)