|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim Weston take with him as he leaves town?
(a) His guitar and jacket.
(b) His guitar and a handkerchief that Daisy made for him.
(c) His guitar and a picture of him and Dave Carter.
(d) A small suitcase and his guitar.
2. Why does Jim Weston pull Daisy down to sit on the tracks with him?
(a) He wants to kiss her.
(b) He just wants her to sit with him.
(c) He wants to talk to her.
(d) He is trying to comfort her.
3. What order does Joe Clarke give to the people at the trial before they leave the church?
(a) He orders them to leave church grounds before they begin to fight.
(b) He orders them to leave their neighbors alone and mind their own business.
(c) He orders them to help Lum Boger escort Jim Weston out of town.
(d) He orders them to disperse quietly and return to their homes.
4. How does Jim Weston react when a person from the mob throws something at him?
(a) He picks up a brick and hurls it back at the mob.
(b) He shakes his head sadly and walks away.
(c) He runs into the crowd looking for the person who threw the object.
(d) He runs away and hides on the other side of the tracks.
5. What does Daisy do after Jim Weston decides that he would rather have his freedom than marry her?
(a) She cries and begs him to change his mind.
(b) She turns her nose up into the air and walks away.
(c) She nods her head in agreement.
(d) She turns to Dave Carter and offers him the same opportunity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daisy respond when Dave Carter and Jim Weston both choose their music over a life with her?
2. Where does Dave Carter suggest that Jim Weston should go at the end of Act 3?
3. Why does Dave Carter insist that no one in town has any right to determine Jim Weston's punishment?
4. What reason is given to support the idea of the Baptist minister leading the prayer before trial?
5. How many people are in the church at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)