|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evidence does Dave Carter present to prove that he is as clean as everybody else?
(a) He says he has had a bath that very day.
(b) He says he goes swimming nearly every day.
(c) He sniffs under his arm and declares himself clean.
(d) He lets Reverend Childers check for dirt behind his ears.
2. Which would Daisy rather be, a lark flying or a dove setting?
(a) A lark.
(b) Daisy would rather be a dove flying.
(c) Daisy does not want to be a bird.
(d) A dove.
3. According to Reverend Childers, what is the most dangerous weapon in the world?
(a) The hock bone of a mule.
(b) A flirtatious woman.
(c) The jealousy of a man in love.
(d) The anger of one friend toward another.
4. Where does Daisy suggest she and Jim Weston live after they get married?
(a) It does not matter.
(b) In Maitland, at her employer's farm.
(c) In another state.
(d) In town, with her mother.
5. Hambo accuses Deacon Simms of telling what lie?
(a) That Dave Carter has another girlfriend in another town, but it is untrue.
(b) That Joe Clarke sells stale bread, and Hambo defends him.
(c) That Jim Weston's father was run out of town, but he was lynched by white people.
(d) That Dave Carter stepped on Jim Weston's foot on purpose, but it was an accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 3?
2. What clue in their verbal competition for Daisy suggests that Dave Carter and Jim Weston have put aside their differences?
3. What excuse does Daisy give Dave Carter to explain why she has not chosen him?
4. Why does Dave Carter insist that no one in town has any right to determine Jim Weston's punishment?
5. To prove his love for Daisy, how much time would Jim Weston do on a chain gang?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)