|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Jim Weston and Dave Carter doing as the curtain falls?
(a) Jim Weston is humming a tune, and Dave Carter is whistling the same tune.
(b) Jim Weston is playing his guitar, and Dave Carter is singing and dancing alongside.
(c) Jim Weston begins by humming a tune, and Dave Carter begins to sing the lyrics.
(d) They are walking arm in arm on their way back into town.
2. According to the characters at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, how are Reverend Childers and Deacon Simms different?
(a) Reverend Childers has been to college.
(b) Reverend Childers does not believe in baptism.
(c) Deacon Simms has more formal education.
(d) Deacon Simms is unmarried.
3. What excuse does Daisy give Dave Carter to explain why she has not chosen him?
(a) She does not believe that he will ever give up singing and dancing.
(b) She cannot marry them both; she has to choose.
(c) He is less sincere than Jim Weston.
(d) He does not really need her.
4. What does Sister Taylor suggest that Sister Lewis should do for her daughter?
(a) She should get her some new clothes so she does not have to wear sack cloth.
(b) She should teach her how to properly wash herself.
(c) She should get her buck teeth fixed.
(d) She should get the sheriff to make one of her many boyfriends marry her.
5. Where does Jim Weston plan to go when he gets up to leave after sitting on the railroad tracks?
(a) He has no idea where he will go.
(b) He plans to go right back into town.
(c) He plans to go to Maitland.
(d) He plans to follow the tracks into Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the charge of assault and battery, how does Jim Weston plead?
2. Who else did Daisy visit on the same day that she visited Dave Carter?
3. What other forgotten item does Lum Boger bring back to the trial?
4. Where does Daisy suggest she and Jim Weston live after they get married?
5. What does Jim Weston take with him as he leaves town?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)