|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim Weston pull Daisy down to sit on the tracks with him?
(a) He wants to talk to her.
(b) He is trying to comfort her.
(c) He just wants her to sit with him.
(d) He wants to kiss her.
2. What does Daisy say to Jim Weston in Act 3 that changes his mood?
(a) She has come to town to find out about the trial.
(b) She wants him to come live with her and her mother.
(c) She has found another man and is going to live with him in the North.
(d) On the night of the fight, she had come to town to see him.
3. What Bible does Reverend Childers end up using?
(a) Joe Clarke forces Deacon Simms to share his Bible.
(b) He returns to his home to get his own Bible.
(c) One of the Baptists in the crowd shares his Bible with him.
(d) He uses the church Bible from the pulpit.
4. How does Jim Weston react when a person from the mob throws something at him?
(a) He runs away and hides on the other side of the tracks.
(b) He shakes his head sadly and walks away.
(c) He picks up a brick and hurls it back at the mob.
(d) He runs into the crowd looking for the person who threw the object.
5. How do the women react when Lum Boger comes back to quiet them?
(a) They threaten him and warn him not to come near them.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They apologize and quickly quiet down.
(d) They quiet down for a bit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy do after Jim Weston decides that he would rather have his freedom than marry her?
2. What does Jim Weston take with him as he leaves town?
3. According to the characters at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, how are Reverend Childers and Deacon Simms different?
4. What does Jim Weston do as he sits alone on the railroad tracks?
5. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter express their love for Daisy?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)