|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daisy refuse both Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
(a) She has found another man in Maitland who can take care of her better.
(b) She is tired of seeing the friends fighting, so she decides to leave them alone.
(c) She never really wanted either of them; she was just playing a game.
(d) She will not marry a man who does not want to work and earn a living.
2. What evidence does Sister Hambo provide to prove that she is telling the truth?
(a) She swears on her mother's grave that she is telling the truth.
(b) She has six children, and they are all as honest as she is.
(c) She belongs to Macedonia Baptist Church and cannot lie.
(d) Everyone in town knows that she always tells the truth.
3. What does Daisy do after Jim Weston decides that he would rather have his freedom than marry her?
(a) She turns her nose up into the air and walks away.
(b) She cries and begs him to change his mind.
(c) She nods her head in agreement.
(d) She turns to Dave Carter and offers him the same opportunity.
4. How does Daisy respond when Dave Carter and Jim Weston both choose their music over a life with her?
(a) She laughs at first because she thinks they are joking.
(b) She shakes her fist at them and calls them names.
(c) She sniffs at them and stomps off toward home.
(d) She slowly walks back toward the town from which she had come.
5. What does Jim Weston do as he sits alone on the railroad tracks?
(a) He closes his eyes and rests for a moment.
(b) He plays a couple of songs on his guitar.
(c) He contemplates suicide.
(d) He says a prayer and asks for direction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who receives the applause from the Methodist side of the church?
2. How much time would Dave Carter do on a chain gang in order to prove his love for Daisy?
3. What does Daisy say to Jim Weston in Act 3 that changes his mood?
4. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter express their love for Daisy?
5. Which would Daisy rather be, a lark flying or a dove setting?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)