|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Baptists respond to Jim Weston entering the church?
(a) They taunt him with chicken and rooster calls.
(b) In unison, they all turn their backs on him.
(c) The whisper about him as he walks up the aisle.
(d) They cheer him and shout words of encouragement.
2. According to Jim Weston, how much does he love Daisy?
(a) So much that he would eat a live scorpion for her.
(b) So much that he is about to explode.
(c) As much as a mother bear loves her cub.
(d) As much as God loves his best angel, Gabriel.
3. What argument does Deacon Simms use to defend Jim Weston?
(a) He says that Jim was full of rage and did not realize what he was doing.
(b) He says that Jim was simply defending himself from Dave's angry tirade.
(c) He says that according to white law and the Bible, a mule bone is not a weapon.
(d) He says that it was an innocent disagreement between friends, but not a crime.
4. Why is Daisy in a hurry when Jim Weston runs into her?
(a) She has just left work and is coming to see how the trial turned out.
(b) She is being pursued by a strange man.
(c) She only has a few free minutes and has to hurry back to work.
(d) She knows that her mother will be upset if she comes home late again.
5. What is Dave Carter wearing when he enters the church?
(a) A cast on his arm.
(b) A large black hat.
(c) A neck brace.
(d) A bandage on his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim Weston do as he sits alone on the railroad tracks?
2. What evidence does Sister Hambo provide to prove that she is telling the truth?
3. What reason is given to support the idea of the Methodist minister leading the prayer?
4. What evidence does Dave Carter present to prove that he is as clean as everybody else?
5. When did Jim Weston tell Daisy that he could kiss her every day ("as regular as pig-tracks")?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)