|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other forgotten item does Lum Boger bring back to the trial?
(a) The legal documents.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The defendant.
(d) The mule bone.
2. What does Jim Weston assume when he sees Dave coming down the tracks?
(a) That he is lost.
(b) That he is looking for him.
(c) That he is heading out to see Daisy.
(d) That he has been run out of town, too.
3. According to Jim Weston, how much does he love Daisy?
(a) As much as God loves his best angel, Gabriel.
(b) So much that he is about to explode.
(c) So much that he would eat a live scorpion for her.
(d) As much as a mother bear loves her cub.
4. According to Reverend Childers, what is the most dangerous weapon in the world?
(a) The anger of one friend toward another.
(b) The jealousy of a man in love.
(c) The hock bone of a mule.
(d) A flirtatious woman.
5. What does Sister Taylor suggest that Sister Lewis should do for her daughter?
(a) She should get her some new clothes so she does not have to wear sack cloth.
(b) She should teach her how to properly wash herself.
(c) She should get her buck teeth fixed.
(d) She should get the sheriff to make one of her many boyfriends marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hambo accuses Deacon Simms of telling what lie?
2. What is Dave Carter wearing when he enters the church?
3. Who receives the applause from the Methodist side of the church?
4. How does Brother Nixon respond to Sister Lewis' chastisement?
5. According to Reverend Childers, why is an ass bone close to a mule bone?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)