|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accusation do the Methodists hurl at Dave Carter when he enters the church?
(a) They belive that he just wants to cause trouble in town.
(b) They believe that he has stolen Joe Clarke's chickens.
(c) They believe that he is faking his injury, trying to look hurt.
(d) They believe that he started the fight and deserved what he got.
2. When did Jim Weston tell Daisy that he could kiss her every day ("as regular as pig-tracks")?
(a) When they were children.
(b) Before she moved up North.
(c) Just before the fight.
(d) Right before the trial.
3. How does Lum Boger respond to the women's reactions when he comes back to quiet them?
(a) He stands next to them and glares at them.
(b) He gets angry and begins to yell at them.
(c) He grumbles under his breath and kicks their chairs.
(d) He meekly returns to his seat next to Jim Weston.
4. On the charge of assault and battery, how does Jim Weston plead?
(a) He says he is sorry that he did it, but he is not guilty.
(b) He says he did it and would do it again, but he's not guilty.
(c) He says he did not do it and is not guilty.
(d) He says he is sorry and pleads guilty.
5. Why does Joe Clarke get frustrated with Lum Boger?
(a) He is sitting with the defendant.
(b) He blames him for forgetting the gavel.
(c) He has not quited the crowd.
(d) He has not shown up for the trial yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy threaten to do when both Jim Weston and Dave Carter try to hug her?
2. According to Jim Weston, how much does he love Daisy?
3. How do the Baptists respond to Jim Weston entering the church?
4. How does Joe Clarke respond to Mrs. Nixon's accusation that he mistreats his wife and sells rancid bacon?
5. According to Jim Weston, what kind of man does Daisy need?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)