|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Deacon Simms accuses Dave Carter of what?
(a) Of living an unclean life.
(b) Of feeling jealous of Jim Weston.
(c) Of stealing Daisy away from Jim Weston.
(d) Of lying to Jim Weston about his injuries.
2. According to Lige Mosely, why should a Baptist be afraid to go swimming?
(a) They do not like to bathe, and swimming is a lot like bathing.
(b) Their heads are harder than rocks, so they would drown.
(c) Baptists do not know how to swim.
(d) Baptists only go into the water for baptism.
3. What does Jim Weston do as he sits alone on the railroad tracks?
(a) He closes his eyes and rests for a moment.
(b) He plays a couple of songs on his guitar.
(c) He says a prayer and asks for direction.
(d) He contemplates suicide.
4. What is Jim Weston's sentence for his crime?
(a) Two months imprisoned in the barn.
(b) Two years of exile from the town.
(c) Two years of hard labor.
(d) Community service.
5. How does Daisy respond when Dave Carter and Jim Weston both choose their music over a life with her?
(a) She slowly walks back toward the town from which she had come.
(b) She shakes her fist at them and calls them names.
(c) She sniffs at them and stomps off toward home.
(d) She laughs at first because she thinks they are joking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim Weston think that the "mess and stink" was all for nothing?
2. What is Dave Carter wearing when he enters the church?
3. What evidence does Sister Taylor provide to prove that her husband is good to her?
4. Jim Weston accuses Daisy of hurrying back to town to do what?
5. How does Joe Clarke respond to Mrs. Nixon's accusation that he mistreats his wife and sells rancid bacon?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)