|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is missing when Joe Clarke tries to begin the trial?
(a) The witnesses.
(b) Dave Carter.
(c) The defendant.
(d) The gavel.
2. Where does Dave Carter suggest that Jim Weston should go at the end of Act 3?
(a) Follow the train tracks into Georgia.
(b) Follow Daisy.
(c) To Maitland.
(d) Back to town.
3. Hambo accuses Deacon Simms of telling what lie?
(a) That Joe Clarke sells stale bread, and Hambo defends him.
(b) That Jim Weston's father was run out of town, but he was lynched by white people.
(c) That Dave Carter has another girlfriend in another town, but it is untrue.
(d) That Dave Carter stepped on Jim Weston's foot on purpose, but it was an accident.
4. How does Deacon Simms suggest that they end the trial?
(a) He says everyone should apologize to Jim Weston and set him free.
(b) He says they should sing, dismiss, and all return to work.
(c) He says Jim Weston should be compensated for his mistreatment.
(d) He says Joe Clarke should be run out of town, and he himself should be mayor.
5. Who receives the applause from the Methodist side of the church?
(a) Joe Clarke.
(b) Deacon Simms.
(c) Joe Lindsay.
(d) Reverend Childers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim Weston react when a person from the mob throws something at him?
2. What are Jim Weston and Dave Carter doing as the curtain falls?
3. Which would Daisy rather be, a lark flying or a dove setting?
4. What evidence does Sister Hambo provide to prove that she is telling the truth?
5. What problem do the Methodists have with the sermon that Reverend Childers preached on the day before the trial?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)