Short Answer Key
1. Who is Joe Clarke?
He is the owner of the general store and the mayor of the town.
2. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
Her husband doesn't provide enough for her and her children.
3. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
He believes that she has enough food.
4. How do the men at the store react to Mrs. Roberts' plight?
They are all happy that none of them is married to her.
5. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
He says he found it while he was hunting.
6. From which mule did the bone originally come?
Matt Brazzle's mean mule.
7. Why does Joe Lindsay bring the mule bone to the store?
He wants to show it to the other men....
This section contains 3,753 words|
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)