|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy suggest Jim Weston can do for a living after they get married?
(a) She suggests that he will make plenty of money as a guitar player.
(b) She assures him that she will make enough to support them both.
(c) She suggests that he can become a waiter in Maitland.
(d) She suggests that he become a yard man and give up the guitar.
2. What does Jim Weston assume when he sees Dave coming down the tracks?
(a) That he is heading out to see Daisy.
(b) That he is looking for him.
(c) That he has been run out of town, too.
(d) That he is lost.
3. According to Sister Taylor, how ugly is Deacon Lindsay?
(a) He is so ugly that his wife puts a sheet over his head so sleep can sneak up on him.
(b) He is so ugly that he scares the cows and their milk dries up.
(c) He is so ugly that children run away from him.
(d) He is so ugly that he does not need a mask for Halloween.
4. How does Joe Clarke defend himself against Sisters Taylor and Thomas when he arrives at the trial?
(a) He says he understands their concerns, but he will not become a Baptist.
(b) He says they should all learn to look past their differences and get along with others.
(c) He says he is not choosing sides; he only wants justice.
(d) He says he does not have to answer to anyone, especially to women.
5. According to the characters at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, how are Reverend Childers and Deacon Simms different?
(a) Reverend Childers has been to college.
(b) Deacon Simms has more formal education.
(c) Reverend Childers does not believe in baptism.
(d) Deacon Simms is unmarried.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Daisy's return to town affected Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
2. What are Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms doing when Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive at the store?
3. On what errand does Joe Clarke send Lum Boger?
4. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
5. Why does Daisy come to the store?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)