|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe Clarke defend himself against Sisters Taylor and Thomas when he arrives at the trial?
(a) He says he understands their concerns, but he will not become a Baptist.
(b) He says he does not have to answer to anyone, especially to women.
(c) He says they should all learn to look past their differences and get along with others.
(d) He says he is not choosing sides; he only wants justice.
2. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
(a) She is not really interested in music.
(b) She likes it.
(c) She refuses to comment.
(d) She does not like the kind of music they play.
3. Why does Daisy refuse both Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
(a) She has found another man in Maitland who can take care of her better.
(b) She is tired of seeing the friends fighting, so she decides to leave them alone.
(c) She will not marry a man who does not want to work and earn a living.
(d) She never really wanted either of them; she was just playing a game.
4. According to Lige Mosely, why should a Baptist be afraid to go swimming?
(a) They do not like to bathe, and swimming is a lot like bathing.
(b) Baptists do not know how to swim.
(c) Their heads are harder than rocks, so they would drown.
(d) Baptists only go into the water for baptism.
5. What does Sister Taylor do to end the argument with the sassy young girl?
(a) She heads to the church to tell the girl's mother.
(b) She calls the girl's mother over and lets the mother deal with her.
(c) She embarrasses the girl in front her friends.
(d) She turns the girl over her knee and spanks her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
2. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
3. According to Sister Taylor, what will ruin a person's eyesight?
4. Why does Dave Carter insist that no one in town has any right to determine Jim Weston's punishment?
5. What does Sister Thomas repeatedly say she needs to do before the trial?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)