|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim Weston respond to the Baptists' actions when he enters the church?
(a) He jumps over a church bench and punches one of them.
(b) He threatens them with physical harm if they bother him.
(c) He tries to run out of the church and escape.
(d) He hangs his head and refuses to make eye contact with anyone.
2. Why does Daisy refuse both Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
(a) She never really wanted either of them; she was just playing a game.
(b) She will not marry a man who does not want to work and earn a living.
(c) She has found another man in Maitland who can take care of her better.
(d) She is tired of seeing the friends fighting, so she decides to leave them alone.
3. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They do not even notice.
(b) They agree that the women are attractive, but not as attractive as Daisy.
(c) They are too shy to speak to them directly.
(d) They agree that both women are just as pretty as Daisy.
4. What does Reverend Childers present as evidence against Jim Weston in the trial?
(a) He presents the biblical story of Sampson and the Philistines.
(b) He uses Jim Weston's own confession against him.
(c) He cites the rumor that Jim Weston has been stealing chickens.
(d) He uses the testimony of witnesses to prove that the beating was violent.
5. What Bible does Reverend Childers end up using?
(a) He uses the church Bible from the pulpit.
(b) Joe Clarke forces Deacon Simms to share his Bible.
(c) He returns to his home to get his own Bible.
(d) One of the Baptists in the crowd shares his Bible with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defends herself by saying that everyone's house has some bedbugs and lice?
2. Where does Dave Carter suggest that Jim Weston should go at the end of Act 3?
3. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
4. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
5. What explanation does Deacon Lindsay give to explain why he doesn't want to talk to Sister Taylor?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)