|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
(a) Jim Weston breaks his nose.
(b) Jim Weston accidentally hits Daisy when he swings at Dave.Carter.
(c) Jim Weston makes a rude comment about Dave Carter's mother.
(d) Jim Weston causes Dave Carter to spill red soda all over his shirt.
2. What does Deacon Simms say he will use as his legal reference during the trial?
(a) He says he will use the law books that he borrowed from the library.
(b) He says he will use the Bible, from beginning to end.
(c) He says he will use his own legal knowledge and experience.
(d) He says he will use the evidence and let that speak for itself.
3. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
(a) Chick-me, chick-me, cranie-crow.
(b) Red rover.
4. How does Daisy respond when Dave Carter and Jim Weston both choose their music over a life with her?
(a) She sniffs at them and stomps off toward home.
(b) She shakes her fist at them and calls them names.
(c) She laughs at first because she thinks they are joking.
(d) She slowly walks back toward the town from which she had come.
5. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
(a) He believes that she has enough food.
(b) He is afraid of Mr. Roberts, who has warned him against giving food to her.
(c) The meat is not very good quality.
(d) They have a longstanding feud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Joe Clarke's appearance does Sister Thomas criticize?
2. Sister Lewis chastises Brother Nixon for what offense?
3. How does Sister Taylor defend herself when Joe Lindsay chastises her for arguing in church?
4. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
5. Why is Daisy in a hurry when Jim Weston runs into her?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)