|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lige Mosely, why should a Baptist be afraid to go swimming?
(a) Their heads are harder than rocks, so they would drown.
(b) Baptists do not know how to swim.
(c) They do not like to bathe, and swimming is a lot like bathing.
(d) Baptists only go into the water for baptism.
2. What does Sister Pitt suggest they must do before the trial begins?
(a) Call a formal list of witnesses.
(b) Start with a prayer.
(c) Sing a hymn.
(d) Read the charges.
3. What does Dave Carter buy for Daisy?
(a) A red soda.
(b) Cotton candy.
(c) An ice cream cone.
(d) Some kettle corn.
4. How does Brother Nixon respond to Sister Lewis' chastisement?
(a) He apologizes and then sits quietly.
(b) He pretends that he cannot hear her.
(c) He mocks her and shakes himself at her.
(d) He looks at her innocently and pretends that he has done nothing.
5. Why does Joe Lindsay bring the mule bone to the store?
(a) He believes it will bring him luck.
(b) He wants to show it to the other men.
(c) He uses it to protect himself from stray dogs.
(d) He wants to return it to its rightful owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daisy begin to cry when speaking to Jim Weston in Act 3?
2. Who defends herself by saying that everyone's house has some bedbugs and lice?
3. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
4. What does Daisy say to Jim Weston in Act 3 that changes his mood?
5. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)