|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jim Weston's sentence for his crime?
(a) Two years of hard labor.
(b) Two years of exile from the town.
(c) Two months imprisoned in the barn.
(d) Community service.
2. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
(a) They do not agree on many ideas and do not get along.
(b) They are beginning to learn how to accept one another.
(c) They work together to fight corruption.
(d) They are friendly toward one another.
3. According to Lige Mosely, why should a Baptist be afraid to go swimming?
(a) Their heads are harder than rocks, so they would drown.
(b) Baptists only go into the water for baptism.
(c) Baptists do not know how to swim.
(d) They do not like to bathe, and swimming is a lot like bathing.
4. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter express their love for Daisy?
(a) They try to outdo each other with extremes of what they would do for her.
(b) They both sing songs that they have written for her.
(c) They recite poetry that they have dedicated to her.
(d) They arm wrestle for her.
5. According to Reverend Childers, what is the most dangerous weapon in the world?
(a) The hock bone of a mule.
(b) The jealousy of a man in love.
(c) The anger of one friend toward another.
(d) A flirtatious woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Sister Taylor call the girl who sasses back at her?
2. Which of the following best describes the children's journey to the church?
3. For what does Sister Taylor chastise the children in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Jim Weston do as he sits alone on the railroad tracks?
5. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)