|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sister Taylor defend herself when Joe Lindsay chastises her for arguing in church?
(a) She criticizes him for not feeding his horse.
(b) She says he has no right to tell her what to do.
(c) She says she is not the only one who is talking.
(d) She criticizes him for beating his wife.
2. Where is Jim Weston held until his trial?
(a) In the store's cellar.
(b) Under house arrest.
(c) In Joe Clarke's barn.
(d) In the church basement.
3. What does Sister Taylor suggest that Sister Lewis should do for her daughter?
(a) She should get her buck teeth fixed.
(b) She should get the sheriff to make one of her many boyfriends marry her.
(c) She should get her some new clothes so she does not have to wear sack cloth.
(d) She should teach her how to properly wash herself.
4. According to the characters at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, how are Reverend Childers and Deacon Simms different?
(a) Deacon Simms has more formal education.
(b) Reverend Childers does not believe in baptism.
(c) Deacon Simms is unmarried.
(d) Reverend Childers has been to college.
5. To prove his love for Daisy, how much time would Jim Weston do on a chain gang?
(a) Forty years.
(c) Fifty years.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is missing when Joe Clarke tries to begin the trial?
2. Where does Jim Weston plan to go when he gets up to leave after sitting on the railroad tracks?
3. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
4. How do the Baptists respond to Jim Weston entering the church?
5. Which of the following best describes the exchange between Sister Taylor and Deacon Lindsay?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)