|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim Weston think that the "mess and stink" was all for nothing?
(a) He and Dave Carter both know that it was just a fight; he didn't mean to really hurt him
(b) He realizes that the town is consumed with religious zealotry.
(c) He knows that he has nothing more to live for.
(d) He has been kicked out of town, and now he has nothing left.
2. Where does Jim Weston plan to go when he gets up to leave after sitting on the railroad tracks?
(a) He plans to go right back into town.
(b) He plans to follow the tracks into Georgia.
(c) He has no idea where he will go.
(d) He plans to go to Maitland.
3. What does Sister Taylor do to end the argument with the sassy young girl?
(a) She heads to the church to tell the girl's mother.
(b) She calls the girl's mother over and lets the mother deal with her.
(c) She embarrasses the girl in front her friends.
(d) She turns the girl over her knee and spanks her.
4. What evidence does Sister Taylor provide to prove that her husband is good to her?
(a) He is a good father to their children.
(b) He listens to her when she has a problem.
(c) He brings home plenty of money.
(d) He brings her flowers for no reason.
5. How does Lum Boger respond to the women's reactions when he comes back to quiet them?
(a) He grumbles under his breath and kicks their chairs.
(b) He gets angry and begins to yell at them.
(c) He meekly returns to his seat next to Jim Weston.
(d) He stands next to them and glares at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Thomas do after Reverend Childers and his group enter?
2. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
3. How does Daisy respond when Dave Carter asks if she loves him?
4. Which of the following best describes the exchange between Sister Taylor and Deacon Lindsay?
5. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)