|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daisy begin to cry when speaking to Jim Weston in Act 3?
(a) He says he does not love her and he never really loved her.
(b) He gets angry and slaps her.
(c) He threatens to leave her alone in the dark.
(d) He says a woman cannot be trusted.
2. Which of the following best describes the exchange between Sister Taylor and Deacon Lindsay?
(a) They say little, but they exchange vicious glances.
(b) They playfully tease each other.
(c) They criticize each other and threaten to fight.
(d) Their exchange leads to improved relations between both sides.
3. What does Dave Carter do after Jim Weston hits him?
(a) Shakes his head and walks back out of town.
(b) Falls unconscious.
(c) Staggers away, supported by Daisy.
(d) Staggers away, supported by Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms.
4. What evidence does Sister Hambo provide to prove that she is telling the truth?
(a) Everyone in town knows that she always tells the truth.
(b) She belongs to Macedonia Baptist Church and cannot lie.
(c) She swears on her mother's grave that she is telling the truth.
(d) She has six children, and they are all as honest as she is.
5. Why is Daisy in a hurry when Jim Weston runs into her?
(a) She is being pursued by a strange man.
(b) She only has a few free minutes and has to hurry back to work.
(c) She knows that her mother will be upset if she comes home late again.
(d) She has just left work and is coming to see how the trial turned out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do some women challenge Joe Clarke's involvement in Jim Weston's trial?
2. What excuse does Daisy give Dave Carter to explain why she has not chosen him?
3. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
4. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
5. What explanation does Sister Thomas offer to explain Joe Clarke's decisions regarding the trial?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)