|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Deacon Simms, what kind of day is it in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) It is a windy day.
(b) It is a hot day.
(c) It is a cloudy day.
(d) It is a chilly day.
2. Which of the following best describes Teets Miiller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) Men are attracted to them because of their dependability and modesty.
(b) They dress up and come to the store only to show off for the men.
(c) They are tomboys who want to be included in the boys' games.
(d) They are demure and shy.
3. Where is Jim Weston held until his trial?
(a) In the store's cellar.
(b) Under house arrest.
(c) In Joe Clarke's barn.
(d) In the church basement.
4. Which of the following best describes the children's journey to the church?
(a) Both the Baptist and the Methodist children are pushing and fighting to get there first.
(b) The Baptist children decide to go first, and the Methodist children follow.
(c) The Methodist children go first, and the Baptist children follow.
(d) They all race the whole way there to see who will arrive first.
5. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
(a) The jail will bring in government money.
(b) The jail will provide some much-needed jobs.
(c) The church basement is overcrowded with prisoners.
(d) The town is full of lawlessness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim Weston plan to go when he gets up to leave after sitting on the railroad tracks?
2. According to Deacon Lindsay, what does Sister Taylor smell like?
3. How has Daisy's return to town affected Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
4. What does Jim Weston do as he sits alone on the railroad tracks?
5. Why does Jim Weston pick up a heavy stick as they walk back to town?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)