|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Deacon Simms accuses Dave Carter of what?
(a) Of living an unclean life.
(b) Of lying to Jim Weston about his injuries.
(c) Of stealing Daisy away from Jim Weston.
(d) Of feeling jealous of Jim Weston.
2. What does Deacon Simms say he will use as his legal reference during the trial?
(a) He says he will use the evidence and let that speak for itself.
(b) He says he will use the Bible, from beginning to end.
(c) He says he will use the law books that he borrowed from the library.
(d) He says he will use his own legal knowledge and experience.
3. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
(a) Marshal Lum Boger.
(c) Deacon Simms.
(d) Joe Clarke.
4. Why does Dave Carter insist that no one in town has any right to determine Jim Weston's punishment?
(a) Jim Weston has been tried once; they cannot try him again.
(b) Jim Weston hit Dave Carter, so no one else but Dave should have anything to say about it.
(c) None of the people in town know anything about the law anyway.
(d) No one in town has any legal power.
5. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They have been playing music at a whites-only club.
(b) They have been out working in the fields all day.
(c) They were at Daisy's house.
(d) They have been working up North at a white-owned factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else did Daisy visit on the same day that she visited Dave Carter?
2. What clue in their verbal competition for Daisy suggests that Dave Carter and Jim Weston have put aside their differences?
3. Who receives the applause from the Methodist side of the church?
4. Where does Daisy suggest she and Jim Weston live after they get married?
5. What does Joe Clarke realize that he needs to get from the lodge room before he goes to the trial?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)