|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe Clarke try to quiet the crowd when he enters the church?
(a) He sends Lum Boger in to quiet everyone.
(b) He yells at them to be quiet.
(c) He frowns at the crowd.
(d) He rings the church bell in order to get their attention.
2. How do the men in front of the store react to Deacon Simms' arrival?
(a) They quickly hide their games and their winnings.
(b) They try to ignore him, hoping that he will go away.
(c) They welcome him to join their poker game.
(d) They begin to harass and verbally assault him.
3. How does Daisy respond to Jim's anger over her visit with Dave Carter?
(a) She apologizes and begs for his forgiveness.
(b) She turns on her heel and walks away.
(c) She gets angry and yells at him.
(d) She begins to cry and says she was just being nice.
4. How does Daisy respond when Dave Carter and Jim Weston both choose their music over a life with her?
(a) She laughs at first because she thinks they are joking.
(b) She shakes her fist at them and calls them names.
(c) She sniffs at them and stomps off toward home.
(d) She slowly walks back toward the town from which she had come.
5. What does Jim Weston take with him as he leaves town?
(a) A small suitcase and his guitar.
(b) His guitar and jacket.
(c) His guitar and a picture of him and Dave Carter.
(d) His guitar and a handkerchief that Daisy made for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who receives the applause from the Methodist side of the church?
3. What evidence does Sister Hambo provide to prove that she is telling the truth?
4. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
5. What accusation do the Methodists hurl at Dave Carter when he enters the church?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)