|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sister Taylor, how ugly is Deacon Lindsay?
(a) He is so ugly that he does not need a mask for Halloween.
(b) He is so ugly that he scares the cows and their milk dries up.
(c) He is so ugly that children run away from him.
(d) He is so ugly that his wife puts a sheet over his head so sleep can sneak up on him.
2. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
(a) They work together to fight corruption.
(b) They are friendly toward one another.
(c) They are beginning to learn how to accept one another.
(d) They do not agree on many ideas and do not get along.
3. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
(a) Red rover.
(b) Chick-me, chick-me, cranie-crow.
4. What excuse does Daisy give Dave Carter to explain why she has not chosen him?
(a) She does not believe that he will ever give up singing and dancing.
(b) She cannot marry them both; she has to choose.
(c) He is less sincere than Jim Weston.
(d) He does not really need her.
5. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
(a) He apologizes to his friend.
(b) He accuses Jim Weston of being an inferior musician.
(c) He punches Jim Weston in the stomach.
(d) He ignores him and escorts Daisy into the store so he can buy her a treat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe Lindsay bring the mule bone to the store?
2. From which mule did the bone originally come?
3. What does Sister Taylor suggest that Sister Lewis should do for her daughter?
4. How does Jim Weston respond to the Baptists' actions when he enters the church?
5. Which of the following best describes the exchange between Sister Taylor and Deacon Lindsay?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)