|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lum Boger respond to the women's reactions when he comes back to quiet them?
(a) He gets angry and begins to yell at them.
(b) He grumbles under his breath and kicks their chairs.
(c) He meekly returns to his seat next to Jim Weston.
(d) He stands next to them and glares at them.
2. What evidence does Sister Hambo provide to prove that she is telling the truth?
(a) Everyone in town knows that she always tells the truth.
(b) She belongs to Macedonia Baptist Church and cannot lie.
(c) She has six children, and they are all as honest as she is.
(d) She swears on her mother's grave that she is telling the truth.
3. How does Joe Clarke respond to Mrs. Nixon's accusation that he mistreats his wife and sells rancid bacon?
(a) He says everyone knows that she lies, so he is not concerned.
(b) He says she smells like a nest of yellow hammers.
(c) He says she will not be allowed to buy anything else from the store until she pays back the money she owes.
(d) He bangs his gavel and calls for order.
4. What is missing when Joe Clarke tries to begin the trial?
(a) The defendant.
(b) The gavel.
(c) The witnesses.
(d) Dave Carter.
5. What color shirt is Dave Carter wearing?
(c) The text does not reveal the color.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas greet Joe Clarke when he arrives at the trial?
3. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
4. Why does Daisy begin to cry when speaking to Jim Weston in Act 3?
5. Which would Daisy rather be, a lark flying or a dove setting?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)