|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim Weston take with him as he leaves town?
(a) His guitar and jacket.
(b) A small suitcase and his guitar.
(c) His guitar and a picture of him and Dave Carter.
(d) His guitar and a handkerchief that Daisy made for him.
2. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas greet Joe Clarke when he arrives at the trial?
(a) They wish him luck.
(b) They ask to pray with him for a peaceful resolution to the trial.
(c) They criticize him for taking the Baptist side of the argument.
(d) They ignore him and do not speak to him at all.
3. What order does Joe Clarke give to the people at the trial before they leave the church?
(a) He orders them to help Lum Boger escort Jim Weston out of town.
(b) He orders them to leave church grounds before they begin to fight.
(c) He orders them to disperse quietly and return to their homes.
(d) He orders them to leave their neighbors alone and mind their own business.
4. What accusation do the Methodists hurl at Dave Carter when he enters the church?
(a) They believe that he started the fight and deserved what he got.
(b) They believe that he has stolen Joe Clarke's chickens.
(c) They believe that he is faking his injury, trying to look hurt.
(d) They belive that he just wants to cause trouble in town.
5. Which of the following best describes the Baptist position on Jim Weston's guilt?
(a) They believe that he should be expelled from the town.
(b) They believe that he and Dave Carter should resolve the issue themselves.
(c) They believe that he should be imprisoned for at least a year.
(d) They believe that he is innocent and should be released.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
2. How does Jim Weston react when Daisy puts her hand on his arm to comfort him?
3. Who receives the applause from the Methodist side of the church?
4. How do the women react when Lum Boger comes back to quiet them?
5. On whose side is Joe Clarke in the matter of Jim Weston?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)