|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
(b) Deacon Simms.
(c) Marshal Lum Boger.
(d) Joe Clarke.
2. What clue in their verbal competition for Daisy suggests that Dave Carter and Jim Weston have put aside their differences?
(a) They both laugh when Dave Carter says he would do life in prison for Daisy.
(b) They put their arms around each other as they continue to banter.
(c) They talk about plans to continue playing their music.
(d) Nothing; they continue to battle for Daisy's love.
3. Why does Jim Weston pull Daisy down to sit on the tracks with him?
(a) He wants to kiss her.
(b) He is trying to comfort her.
(c) He just wants her to sit with him.
(d) He wants to talk to her.
4. Who defends herself by saying that everyone's house has some bedbugs and lice?
(a) Sister Taylor.
(b) Sister Thomas.
(c) Sister Hambo.
(d) Sister Lewis.
5. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
(a) They playfully criticize each other to try to impress Daisy.
(b) They are both too nervous to say anything.
(c) They begin to push and shove each other.
(d) They immediately break into song.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jim Weston escorted out of town?
2. What does Daisy suggest Jim Weston can do for a living after they get married?
3. Why does Deacon Simms refuse to allow Reverend Childers to use his Bible?
4. What is the setting of Act 3?
5. Why does Sister Jones say she won't testify for Jim Weston?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)