|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
(a) Chick-me, chick-me, cranie-crow.
(b) Red rover.
2. What problem do the Methodists have with the sermon that Reverend Childers preached on the day before the trial?
(a) They accuse him of trying the case before the actual trial.
(b) The sermon lasted far too long.
(c) The sermon was too sympathetic to Jim Weston's case.
(d) His ideas are not supported by the Bible's teachings.
3. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
(a) He is afraid of Mr. Roberts, who has warned him against giving food to her.
(b) He believes that she has enough food.
(c) The meat is not very good quality.
(d) They have a longstanding feud.
4. What does Dave Carter do after Jim Weston hits him?
(a) Falls unconscious.
(b) Staggers away, supported by Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms.
(c) Shakes his head and walks back out of town.
(d) Staggers away, supported by Daisy.
5. What are Jim Weston and Dave Carter doing as the curtain falls?
(a) They are walking arm in arm on their way back into town.
(b) Jim Weston is playing his guitar, and Dave Carter is singing and dancing alongside.
(c) Jim Weston is humming a tune, and Dave Carter is whistling the same tune.
(d) Jim Weston begins by humming a tune, and Dave Carter begins to sing the lyrics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accusation do the Methodists hurl at Dave Carter when he enters the church?
2. What does Daisy do after Jim Weston decides that he would rather have his freedom than marry her?
3. What are Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms doing when Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive at the store?
4. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
5. According to Lige Mosely, why should a Baptist be afraid to go swimming?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)