|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe Clarke try to quiet the crowd when he enters the church?
(a) He frowns at the crowd.
(b) He sends Lum Boger in to quiet everyone.
(c) He yells at them to be quiet.
(d) He rings the church bell in order to get their attention.
2. Of what, in addition to assault, does Joe Clarke suggest that Jim Weston is guilty?
(a) Of being ungodly and not attending church.
(b) Of stealing his chickens.
(c) Of mistreating women.
(d) Of stealing from his store.
3. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
(a) Marshal Lum Boger.
(b) Joe Clarke.
(c) Deacon Simms.
(d) Dave Carter.
4. For what does Sister Taylor chastise the children in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) For not going to church on Sunday.
(b) For getting in the way of the adults' work.
(c) For teasing the Methodist children.
(d) For not including everyone in their games.
5. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
(a) She will not say who she would choose.
(b) She says she prefers Dave Carter.
(c) She says she prefers Jim Weston.
(d) She says that she is not interested in either.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do some women challenge Joe Clarke's involvement in Jim Weston's trial?
2. According to Jim Weston, what kind of man does Daisy need?
3. Why does Joe Clarke get frustrated with Lum Boger?
4. On whose side is Joe Clarke in the matter of Jim Weston?
5. Why does Dave Carter insist that no one in town has any right to determine Jim Weston's punishment?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)