|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
(a) He always carries it with him when he walks to town in order to fight off stray dogs.
(b) He says he found it while he was hunting.
(c) He says he found it behind the store.
(d) It is his good luck charm, so he never leaves home without it.
2. According to the characters at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, how are Reverend Childers and Deacon Simms different?
(a) Deacon Simms has more formal education.
(b) Deacon Simms is unmarried.
(c) Reverend Childers does not believe in baptism.
(d) Reverend Childers has been to college.
3. How does Daisy respond when Dave Carter and Jim Weston both choose their music over a life with her?
(a) She laughs at first because she thinks they are joking.
(b) She shakes her fist at them and calls them names.
(c) She slowly walks back toward the town from which she had come.
(d) She sniffs at them and stomps off toward home.
4. What are Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms doing when Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive at the store?
(a) They are still arguing about the town.
(b) They are beating each other with the mule bone.
(c) They are playing a friendly game of checkers.
(d) They are shaking hands and apologizing to each other.
5. To prove his love for Daisy, how much time would Jim Weston do on a chain gang?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) Forty years.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence does Joe Clarke offer to support his accusation of JIm Weston?
2. Why does Daisy begin to cry when speaking to Jim Weston in Act 3?
3. What clue in their verbal competition for Daisy suggests that Dave Carter and Jim Weston have put aside their differences?
4. Where is Deaconr Simms headed when he meets Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
5. Why does Jim Weston jump up to fight Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)