|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Thomas do after Reverend Childers and his group enter?
(a) She flips her skirt at them and exits.
(b) She sucks her teeth and turns her back to them.
(c) She begins singing a traditional Methodist hymn.
(d) She picks a fight with Deacon Lindsay.
2. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
(a) He put up the money to purchase and develop the land.
(b) It's the only place that he's ever lived.
(c) He needs the town to maintain a positive reputation so that he can sell his property for a profit.
(d) He was born and raised there.
3. Why does Jim Weston think that the "mess and stink" was all for nothing?
(a) He realizes that the town is consumed with religious zealotry.
(b) He and Dave Carter both know that it was just a fight; he didn't mean to really hurt him
(c) He has been kicked out of town, and now he has nothing left.
(d) He knows that he has nothing more to live for.
4. What does Sister Taylor do to end the argument with the sassy young girl?
(a) She heads to the church to tell the girl's mother.
(b) She calls the girl's mother over and lets the mother deal with her.
(c) She embarrasses the girl in front her friends.
(d) She turns the girl over her knee and spanks her.
5. How do the women react when Lum Boger comes back to quiet them?
(a) They threaten him and warn him not to come near them.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They apologize and quickly quiet down.
(d) They quiet down for a bit.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
2. According to Sister Taylor, what will be the cause of the next trial?
3. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter express their love for Daisy?
4. According to Deacon Simms, what kind of day is it in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)