|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Jim Weston hit Dave Carter?
(a) A mule bone.
(b) A chair from the porch.
(c) His fist.
(d) A broken soda bottle.
2. According to Sister Taylor, what will ruin a person's eyesight?
(a) Reading without enough light.
(b) Having one's eye teeth pulled out.
(c) Gossiping about neighbors.
(d) Handling a mule bone.
3. Who else did Daisy visit on the same day that she visited Dave Carter?
(a) Daisy also visited Hambo.
(b) Daisy also visited Jim Weston in the barn.
(c) Daisy also visited Lum Boger and brought him lunch.
(d) Daisy also visited Joe Clarke.
4. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
(b) Red rover.
(c) Chick-me, chick-me, cranie-crow.
5. Why do some women challenge Joe Clarke's involvement in Jim Weston's trial?
(a) All of the women believe that he should bring in a judge from out of town.
(b) The Baptist women criticize him because he is a Methodist.
(c) Many women believe that he should not be the judge because the incident occurred on his property.
(d) The Methodist women criticize him for holding the trial in a Baptist church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe Clarke realize that he needs to get from the lodge room before he goes to the trial?
2. Why is the church bell rung?
3. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
4. Why does Jim Weston think that the "mess and stink" was all for nothing?
5. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)