|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They have been working up North at a white-owned factory.
(b) They have been playing music at a whites-only club.
(c) They were at Daisy's house.
(d) They have been out working in the fields all day.
2. According to Sister Taylor, what is Joe Clarke trying to look like as he heads to the trial?
(a) Like a big-city lawyer.
(b) Like a Puritan governor.
(c) Like a brigadier general.
(d) Like a Supreme Court justice.
3. According to Lige Mosely, why should a Baptist be afraid to go swimming?
(a) They do not like to bathe, and swimming is a lot like bathing.
(b) Baptists do not know how to swim.
(c) Their heads are harder than rocks, so they would drown.
(d) Baptists only go into the water for baptism.
4. Why does Daisy begin to cry when speaking to Jim Weston in Act 3?
(a) He says a woman cannot be trusted.
(b) He says he does not love her and he never really loved her.
(c) He gets angry and slaps her.
(d) He threatens to leave her alone in the dark.
5. What problem do the Methodists have with the sermon that Reverend Childers preached on the day before the trial?
(a) The sermon was too sympathetic to Jim Weston's case.
(b) His ideas are not supported by the Bible's teachings.
(c) They accuse him of trying the case before the actual trial.
(d) The sermon lasted far too long.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
2. Why does Joe Lindsay bring the mule bone to the store?
3. How does Daisy respond when Dave Carter asks if she loves him?
4. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
5. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas greet Joe Clarke when he arrives at the trial?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)