|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe Clarke realize that he needs to get from the lodge room before he goes to the trial?
(a) The gavel.
(b) His judge's robe.
(c) The list of charges.
(d) The evidence.
2. What does Dave Carter do after Jim Weston hits him?
(a) Staggers away, supported by Daisy.
(b) Falls unconscious.
(c) Staggers away, supported by Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms.
(d) Shakes his head and walks back out of town.
3. Where is Jim Weston held until his trial?
(a) Under house arrest.
(b) In Joe Clarke's barn.
(c) In the store's cellar.
(d) In the church basement.
4. How does Jim Weston react when a person from the mob throws something at him?
(a) He runs away and hides on the other side of the tracks.
(b) He picks up a brick and hurls it back at the mob.
(c) He runs into the crowd looking for the person who threw the object.
(d) He shakes his head sadly and walks away.
5. Why is Daisy in a hurry when Jim Weston runs into her?
(a) She is being pursued by a strange man.
(b) She only has a few free minutes and has to hurry back to work.
(c) She knows that her mother will be upset if she comes home late again.
(d) She has just left work and is coming to see how the trial turned out.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reverend Childers, what is the most dangerous weapon in the world?
2. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas greet Joe Clarke when he arrives at the trial?
4. How do the children react to Sister Taylor's reprimands?
5. What does Sister Taylor do to end the argument with the sassy young girl?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)