|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Daisy suggest she and Jim Weston live after they get married?
(a) In town, with her mother.
(b) In another state.
(c) In Maitland, at her employer's farm.
(d) It does not matter.
2. How do the sisters Taylor and Thomas treat Deacon Simms when he arrives?
(a) They ignore him and continue their own conversation.
(b) They criticize him and verbally harrass him.
(c) They are supportive and wish him luck.
(d) They ask to pray with him for a peaceful resolution to the trial.
3. What does Dave Carter buy for Daisy?
(a) An ice cream cone.
(b) A red soda.
(c) Cotton candy.
(d) Some kettle corn.
4. Where is Deaconr Simms headed when he meets Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
(a) He is looking for Joe Clarke so the he can discuss the trial process.
(b) He is headed to the Baptist church to prepare for the trial.
(c) He is going to speak to Jim Weston before the trial.
(d) He is looking for the evidence that will free Jim Weston.
5. How do the children react to Sister Taylor's reprimands?
(a) They apologize and head home.
(b) They tease her and shake themselves at her.
(c) They quiet down, but continue with their fighting after she leaves.
(d) They say nothing, but look sheepish and wander away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
2. What does Jim Weston say that makes Daisy finally choose him over Dave Carter?
3. Why does Jim Weston begin to play music?
4. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does Jim Weston take with him as he leaves town?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)