|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reverend Childers, why is an ass bone close to a mule bone?
(a) The skeletons of the animals are basically the same.
(b) An ass is a mule's father, so the mule is related to the ass.
(c) Both are single-hoofed animals, so they must be in the same family.
(d) They both have large ears, so they must be similar.
2. According to Deacon Lindsay, what does Sister Taylor smell like?
(a) Like "de devil's doll baby."
(b) Like a "louse in de church."
(c) Like a "neet of yellow hammers."
(d) Like a "nest of grand daddies."
3. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She tells him that Daisy deserves to be arrested, not Jim Weston.
(b) She tells him that Deacon Simms is looking for him.
(c) She tells him when and where the trial will be held.
(d) She tells him where the gavel is located.
4. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
(a) She was in the North working for a white family.
(b) No one knows where she has been.
(c) She was away at college.
(d) She was in prison for a suspicious accident.
5. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He was supposed to be playing the fiddle.
(b) He accuses him of being unfair and taking advantage of the situation.
(c) He accuses him of not listening and not appreciating his music.
(d) He thinks he is mocking him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
2. What is the setting of Act 3?
3. Why is the church bell rung?
4. Which of the following best describes the children's journey to the church?
5. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter express their love for Daisy?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)