|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
(a) He wants to make sure that no one else uses it as a weapon.
(b) He needs to return it to Matt Brazzle.
(c) He needs to return it to Joe Lindsay.
(d) He needs it for evidence at the trial.
2. What name does Sister Taylor call the girl who sasses back at her?
(a) A "Satan's chile."
(b) A "little heifer."
(c) A "truck o' trouble."
(d) A "limb of Satan."
3. Where is Deaconr Simms headed when he meets Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
(a) He is going to speak to Jim Weston before the trial.
(b) He is headed to the Baptist church to prepare for the trial.
(c) He is looking for Joe Clarke so the he can discuss the trial process.
(d) He is looking for the evidence that will free Jim Weston.
4. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They were at Daisy's house.
(b) They have been out working in the fields all day.
(c) They have been playing music at a whites-only club.
(d) They have been working up North at a white-owned factory.
5. According to Sister Taylor, what will ruin a person's eyesight?
(a) Gossiping about neighbors.
(b) Having one's eye teeth pulled out.
(c) Reading without enough light.
(d) Handling a mule bone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Where does Daisy suggest she and Jim Weston live after they get married?
3. How is Jim Weston escorted out of town?
4. Of what, in addition to assault, does Joe Clarke suggest that Jim Weston is guilty?
5. What Bible does Reverend Childers end up using?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)