|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who receives the applause from the Methodist side of the church?
(a) Deacon Simms.
(b) Joe Clarke.
(c) Joe Lindsay.
(d) Reverend Childers.
2. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
(a) He says they need to hold a prayer service to drive the snakes out of the area.
(b) He says that they need to put out traps for them and relocate the snakes.
(c) He says that they should leave them alone since even snakes serve God's purpose.
(d) He says they need to cut down the weeds around town.
3. What order does Joe Clarke give to the people at the trial before they leave the church?
(a) He orders them to leave church grounds before they begin to fight.
(b) He orders them to help Lum Boger escort Jim Weston out of town.
(c) He orders them to leave their neighbors alone and mind their own business.
(d) He orders them to disperse quietly and return to their homes.
4. What does Deacon Simms discuss after he moves beyond the subject of snakes?
(a) He wants to talk about making improvements to the town's school.
(b) He begins to gossip about Daisy Blunt.
(c) He begins to preach about changes that the town needs.
(d) He wants to know what the men think about Mrs. Roberts.
5. What excuse does Daisy give Dave Carter to explain why she has not chosen him?
(a) He does not really need her.
(b) He is less sincere than Jim Weston.
(c) She does not believe that he will ever give up singing and dancing.
(d) She cannot marry them both; she has to choose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Daisy in a hurry when Jim Weston runs into her?
2. How does Deacon Lindsay respond to Sister Taylor's and Sister Thomas' actions in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
4. How does Daisy respond to Jim's anger over her visit with Dave Carter?
5. What did Daisy do for Dave Carter the day before the trial?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)