|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Jim Weston do to support himself and Daisy?
(a) He hopes to get a job as a yard man.
(b) He plans to play music, but he no longer has anyone to sing and dance with.
(c) He thinks that she should work and support them both.
(d) He hopes to open his own general store.
2. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
(a) He says that they need to put out traps for them and relocate the snakes.
(b) He says that they should leave them alone since even snakes serve God's purpose.
(c) He says they need to cut down the weeds around town.
(d) He says they need to hold a prayer service to drive the snakes out of the area.
3. What does Sister Pitt suggest they must do before the trial begins?
(a) Start with a prayer.
(b) Sing a hymn.
(c) Call a formal list of witnesses.
(d) Read the charges.
4. Sister Lewis chastises Brother Nixon for what offense?
(a) He hangs his coat on one of the church's empty lamp brackets.
(b) He was talking during the trial, and she could not hear.
(c) He let his cow get into her strawberry patch.
(d) He stepped over her without asking her pardon.
5. When will Jim Weston's trial begin?
(a) In two weeks.
(b) The text does not state how long it will be until his trial.
(c) On Monday.
(d) In a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
2. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
3. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
4. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
5. How does Deacon Lindsay respond to Sister Taylor's and Sister Thomas' actions in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)