|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Jim Weston tell Daisy that he could kiss her every day ("as regular as pig-tracks")?
(a) Before she moved up North.
(b) Right before the trial.
(c) Just before the fight.
(d) When they were children.
2. What part of Joe Clarke's appearance does Sister Thomas criticize?
(a) She says he has a huge stomach.
(b) She says he has a flat nose.
(c) She says he has short, stubby legs.
(d) She says his hair looks like a nest of beavers.
3. Why is the church bell rung?
(a) Hambo rings the bell as a way of ushering Jim Weston out of town.
(b) Lum Boger rings the bell to signal the beginning of the trial.
(c) Deacon Simms rings the bell to draw attention to his client's case.
(d) It was an accident; someone fell and grabbed the rope.
4. What does Jim Weston take with him as he leaves town?
(a) His guitar and jacket.
(b) His guitar and a handkerchief that Daisy made for him.
(c) A small suitcase and his guitar.
(d) His guitar and a picture of him and Dave Carter.
5. Which of the following best describes the exchange between Sister Taylor and Deacon Lindsay?
(a) They say little, but they exchange vicious glances.
(b) They playfully tease each other.
(c) Their exchange leads to improved relations between both sides.
(d) They criticize each other and threaten to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe Clarke chase away the children who are playing in front of the store?
2. What are Jim Weston and Dave Carter doing as the curtain falls?
3. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
4. According to Sister Taylor, what will ruin a person's eyesight?
5. Of what, in addition to assault, does Joe Clarke suggest that Jim Weston is guilty?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)