|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the Baptist position on Jim Weston's guilt?
(a) They believe that he should be imprisoned for at least a year.
(b) They believe that he is innocent and should be released.
(c) They believe that he should be expelled from the town.
(d) They believe that he and Dave Carter should resolve the issue themselves.
2. How do the sisters Taylor and Thomas treat Deacon Simms when he arrives?
(a) They are supportive and wish him luck.
(b) They criticize him and verbally harrass him.
(c) They ask to pray with him for a peaceful resolution to the trial.
(d) They ignore him and continue their own conversation.
3. Who else did Daisy visit on the same day that she visited Dave Carter?
(a) Daisy also visited Jim Weston in the barn.
(b) Daisy also visited Hambo.
(c) Daisy also visited Lum Boger and brought him lunch.
(d) Daisy also visited Joe Clarke.
4. What does Sister Taylor say she would do with Daisy if she were her mother?
(a) She says she would put her out of the house and let her support herself.
(b) She says she would not allow her out of the house.
(c) She says she would send her back North to get her away from the men.
(d) She says she would beat her for acting like a tramp.
5. What other forgotten item does Lum Boger bring back to the trial?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The legal documents.
(c) The mule bone.
(d) The defendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
2. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What evidence does Joe Clarke offer to support his accusation of JIm Weston?
4. What does Jim Weston take with him as he leaves town?
5. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)