|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim Weston pull Daisy down to sit on the tracks with him?
(a) He is trying to comfort her.
(b) He just wants her to sit with him.
(c) He wants to talk to her.
(d) He wants to kiss her.
2. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
(a) He was born and raised there.
(b) He needs the town to maintain a positive reputation so that he can sell his property for a profit.
(c) He put up the money to purchase and develop the land.
(d) It's the only place that he's ever lived.
3. Why does Jim Weston think that the "mess and stink" was all for nothing?
(a) He knows that he has nothing more to live for.
(b) He and Dave Carter both know that it was just a fight; he didn't mean to really hurt him
(c) He realizes that the town is consumed with religious zealotry.
(d) He has been kicked out of town, and now he has nothing left.
4. Why is the church bell rung?
(a) Hambo rings the bell as a way of ushering Jim Weston out of town.
(b) Lum Boger rings the bell to signal the beginning of the trial.
(c) It was an accident; someone fell and grabbed the rope.
(d) Deacon Simms rings the bell to draw attention to his client's case.
5. What explanation does Deacon Lindsay give to explain why he doesn't want to talk to Sister Taylor?
(a) He heard that she has been gossiping about him.
(b) She is a Baptist and he does not speak to Baptists.
(c) He is too busy and on his way to work.
(d) He says she is too ugly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe Lindsay bring the mule bone to the store?
2. What does Sister Taylor do to end the argument with the sassy young girl?
3. What does Dave Carter do after Jim Weston hits him?
4. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
5. How does Joe Clarke respond to Mrs. Nixon's accusation that he mistreats his wife and sells rancid bacon?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)