|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evidence does Dave Carter present to prove that he is as clean as everybody else?
(a) He sniffs under his arm and declares himself clean.
(b) He says he goes swimming nearly every day.
(c) He lets Reverend Childers check for dirt behind his ears.
(d) He says he has had a bath that very day.
2. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
(a) The jail will bring in government money.
(b) The town is full of lawlessness.
(c) The jail will provide some much-needed jobs.
(d) The church basement is overcrowded with prisoners.
3. According to Lige Mosely, why should a Baptist be afraid to go swimming?
(a) Their heads are harder than rocks, so they would drown.
(b) Baptists do not know how to swim.
(c) Baptists only go into the water for baptism.
(d) They do not like to bathe, and swimming is a lot like bathing.
4. According to Deacon Simms, what kind of day is it in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) It is a cloudy day.
(b) It is a windy day.
(c) It is a hot day.
(d) It is a chilly day.
5. What did Daisy do for Dave Carter the day before the trial?
(a) Daisy brought him some fresh strawberries.
(b) Daisy washed and ironed his clothes for him.
(c) Daisy rubbed his head for him.
(d) Daisy made him a lunch plate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. On what errand does Joe Clarke send Lum Boger?
3. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
4. As the evening progresses, what games do the men on the porch play?
5. When did Jim Weston tell Daisy that he could kiss her every day ("as regular as pig-tracks")?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)