|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
(a) He ignores him and escorts Daisy into the store so he can buy her a treat.
(b) He apologizes to his friend.
(c) He punches Jim Weston in the stomach.
(d) He accuses Jim Weston of being an inferior musician.
2. What does Sister Taylor suggest that changes Sister Jones' mind about testifying?
(a) She convinces her that it is their civic responsibility to testify.
(b) She convinces her that Jim Weston is really an honest, hard-working man who deserves their support.
(c) She says that the issue is not about Jim Weston, but about defending themselves from the Baptists.
(d) She assures her that everyone else in town will be testifying, so she should join in.
3. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They have been working up North at a white-owned factory.
(b) They have been out working in the fields all day.
(c) They have been playing music at a whites-only club.
(d) They were at Daisy's house.
4. According to Reverend Childers, what is the most dangerous weapon in the world?
(a) The anger of one friend toward another.
(b) A flirtatious woman.
(c) The hock bone of a mule.
(d) The jealousy of a man in love.
5. How has Daisy's return to town affected Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
(a) Daisy's return to town has put a strain on their friendship.
(b) Jim Weston is distracted by her attention, but Dave Carter is ignoring her.
(c) It has not affected them at all.
(d) Dave Carter is distracted by her attention, but Jim Weston is ignoring her.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
2. How do the men at the store react to Mrs. Roberts' plight?
3. What evidence does Sister Hambo provide to prove that she is telling the truth?
4. Which of the following best describes Sister Taylor's position about Daisy's involvement in the fight between Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
5. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)