|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
(a) The snakes keep eating his chicks.
(b) He can never tell the difference between venomous and non-venomous snakes.
(c) They are messengers of the devil and represent evil.
(d) They are the only creature of which he is afraid.
2. What does Sister Thomas do after Reverend Childers and his group enter?
(a) She sucks her teeth and turns her back to them.
(b) She flips her skirt at them and exits.
(c) She picks a fight with Deacon Lindsay.
(d) She begins singing a traditional Methodist hymn.
3. How has Daisy's return to town affected Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
(a) Daisy's return to town has put a strain on their friendship.
(b) Dave Carter is distracted by her attention, but Jim Weston is ignoring her.
(c) It has not affected them at all.
(d) Jim Weston is distracted by her attention, but Dave Carter is ignoring her.
4. What time is Jim Weston's trial scheduled to begin?
(a) Seven o'clock.
(b) Four o'clock.
(c) Three o'clock.
5. According to Deacon Lindsay, what does Sister Taylor smell like?
(a) Like "de devil's doll baby."
(b) Like a "nest of grand daddies."
(c) Like a "louse in de church."
(d) Like a "neet of yellow hammers."
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim Weston accuses Daisy of hurrying back to town to do what?
2. What part of Joe Clarke's appearance does Sister Thomas criticize?
3. What problem do the Methodists have with the sermon that Reverend Childers preached on the day before the trial?
4. According to the characters at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, how are Reverend Childers and Deacon Simms different?
5. What is Dave Carter wearing when he enters the church?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)