|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe Clarke respond to Mrs. Nixon's accusation that he mistreats his wife and sells rancid bacon?
(a) He says everyone knows that she lies, so he is not concerned.
(b) He says she smells like a nest of yellow hammers.
(c) He says she will not be allowed to buy anything else from the store until she pays back the money she owes.
(d) He bangs his gavel and calls for order.
2. How do the children react to Sister Taylor's reprimands?
(a) They say nothing, but look sheepish and wander away.
(b) They apologize and head home.
(c) They tease her and shake themselves at her.
(d) They quiet down, but continue with their fighting after she leaves.
3. Why is the church bell rung?
(a) Deacon Simms rings the bell to draw attention to his client's case.
(b) It was an accident; someone fell and grabbed the rope.
(c) Lum Boger rings the bell to signal the beginning of the trial.
(d) Hambo rings the bell as a way of ushering Jim Weston out of town.
4. What complaint does Joe Clarke make about Lum Boger?
(a) He says he is "dumb as a stump."
(b) He says he is disrespectful.
(c) He says he walks too slowly.
(d) He says he is lazy.
5. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
(c) Chick-me, chick-me, cranie-crow.
(d) Red rover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Deacon Lindsay give to explain why he doesn't want to talk to Sister Taylor?
2. According to Reverend Childers, why is an ass bone close to a mule bone?
3. What is Dave Carter wearing when he enters the church?
4. How does Deacon Lindsay respond to Sister Taylor's and Sister Thomas' actions in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What clue in their verbal competition for Daisy suggests that Dave Carter and Jim Weston have put aside their differences?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)