|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
(a) She was in prison for a suspicious accident.
(b) She was away at college.
(c) She was in the North working for a white family.
(d) No one knows where she has been.
2. According to the characters at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, how are Reverend Childers and Deacon Simms different?
(a) Reverend Childers has been to college.
(b) Reverend Childers does not believe in baptism.
(c) Deacon Simms has more formal education.
(d) Deacon Simms is unmarried.
3. What evidence does Joe Clarke offer to support his accusation of JIm Weston?
(a) He says he has heard that he buries a lot of feathers in his back yard.
(b) He says he just looks like the type of guy who would do such a thing.
(c) He says he has seen odd-shaped bulges in his coat pockets.
(d) He says he always behaves suspiciously.
4. What does Sister Pitt suggest they must do before the trial begins?
(a) Start with a prayer.
(b) Sing a hymn.
(c) Read the charges.
(d) Call a formal list of witnesses.
5. What is missing when Joe Clarke tries to begin the trial?
(a) The witnesses.
(b) Dave Carter.
(c) The gavel.
(d) The defendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jim Weston tell Daisy that he could kiss her every day ("as regular as pig-tracks")?
2. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
3. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas greet Joe Clarke when he arrives at the trial?
4. According to Sister Taylor, what will ruin a person's eyesight?
5. What are Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms doing when Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive at the store?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)