|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which would Daisy rather be, a lark flying or a dove setting?
(a) Daisy would rather be a dove flying.
(b) A dove.
(c) Daisy does not want to be a bird.
(d) A lark.
2. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
(a) He says that they need to put out traps for them and relocate the snakes.
(b) He says they need to cut down the weeds around town.
(c) He says they need to hold a prayer service to drive the snakes out of the area.
(d) He says that they should leave them alone since even snakes serve God's purpose.
3. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
(a) No one speaks to her, but they all stare at her.
(b) They suddenly become very formal and well-mannered.
(c) They flirt with Daisy and ask her to reveal which man she prefer, Jim or Dave.
(d) They are embarrassed to speak to her.
4. What problem do the Methodists have with the sermon that Reverend Childers preached on the day before the trial?
(a) The sermon lasted far too long.
(b) His ideas are not supported by the Bible's teachings.
(c) The sermon was too sympathetic to Jim Weston's case.
(d) They accuse him of trying the case before the actual trial.
5. What is Dave Carter wearing when he enters the church?
(a) A cast on his arm.
(b) A neck brace.
(c) A large black hat.
(d) A bandage on his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who receives the applause from the Methodist side of the church?
2. What does Jim Weston take with him as he leaves town?
3. Why does Jim Weston think that the "mess and stink" was all for nothing?
4. How does Deacon Lindsay respond to Sister Taylor's and Sister Thomas' actions in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. From which mule did the bone originally come?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)