|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jim Weston plan to go when he gets up to leave after sitting on the railroad tracks?
(a) He plans to go right back into town.
(b) He plans to go to Maitland.
(c) He has no idea where he will go.
(d) He plans to follow the tracks into Georgia.
2. Where does Dave Carter suggest that Jim Weston should go at the end of Act 3?
(a) Follow Daisy.
(b) Back to town.
(c) To Maitland.
(d) Follow the train tracks into Georgia.
3. What does Deacon Simms say he will use as his legal reference during the trial?
(a) He says he will use his own legal knowledge and experience.
(b) He says he will use the law books that he borrowed from the library.
(c) He says he will use the evidence and let that speak for itself.
(d) He says he will use the Bible, from beginning to end.
4. How does Daisy respond when Dave Carter and Jim Weston both choose their music over a life with her?
(a) She laughs at first because she thinks they are joking.
(b) She slowly walks back toward the town from which she had come.
(c) She sniffs at them and stomps off toward home.
(d) She shakes her fist at them and calls them names.
5. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
(a) He always carries it with him when he walks to town in order to fight off stray dogs.
(b) He says he found it while he was hunting.
(c) It is his good luck charm, so he never leaves home without it.
(d) He says he found it behind the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Deacon Simms refuse to allow Reverend Childers to use his Bible?
2. How does Joe Clarke respond to Mrs. Nixon's accusation that he mistreats his wife and sells rancid bacon?
3. What does Sister Pitt suggest they must do before the trial begins?
4. How does Deacon Lindsay respond to Sister Taylor's and Sister Thomas' actions in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)