|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He was supposed to be playing the fiddle.
(b) He thinks he is mocking him.
(c) He accuses him of not listening and not appreciating his music.
(d) He accuses him of being unfair and taking advantage of the situation.
2. How do the men in front of the store react to Deacon Simms' arrival?
(a) They quickly hide their games and their winnings.
(b) They begin to harass and verbally assault him.
(c) They try to ignore him, hoping that he will go away.
(d) They welcome him to join their poker game.
3. Which of the following best describes the children's journey to the church?
(a) The Methodist children go first, and the Baptist children follow.
(b) The Baptist children decide to go first, and the Methodist children follow.
(c) Both the Baptist and the Methodist children are pushing and fighting to get there first.
(d) They all race the whole way there to see who will arrive first.
4. Sister Lewis chastises Brother Nixon for what offense?
(a) He hangs his coat on one of the church's empty lamp brackets.
(b) He was talking during the trial, and she could not hear.
(c) He stepped over her without asking her pardon.
(d) He let his cow get into her strawberry patch.
5. According to Sister Taylor, what is Joe Clarke trying to look like as he heads to the trial?
(a) Like a big-city lawyer.
(b) Like a Puritan governor.
(c) Like a Supreme Court justice.
(d) Like a brigadier general.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim Weston accuses Daisy of hurrying back to town to do what?
2. What color shirt is Dave Carter wearing?
3. What is Dave Carter wearing when he enters the church?
4. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
5. What is Mary Ella's criticism about the Methodist Church?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)