|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time would Dave Carter do on a chain gang in order to prove his love for Daisy?
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Fifty years.
(d) Forty years.
2. What does Sister Thomas repeatedly say she needs to do before the trial?
(a) Finish washing her dishes.
(b) Put the collard greens on to cook.
(c) Change her clothes.
(d) Hang her laundry.
3. What does Jim Weston assume when he sees Dave coming down the tracks?
(a) That he is lost.
(b) That he has been run out of town, too.
(c) That he is looking for him.
(d) That he is heading out to see Daisy.
4. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
(a) Deacon Simms.
(b) Marshal Lum Boger.
(c) Joe Clarke.
5. What does Deacon Simms discuss after he moves beyond the subject of snakes?
(a) He wants to talk about making improvements to the town's school.
(b) He wants to know what the men think about Mrs. Roberts.
(c) He begins to gossip about Daisy Blunt.
(d) He begins to preach about changes that the town needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How does Joe Clarke respond to Mrs. Nixon's accusation that he mistreats his wife and sells rancid bacon?
3. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
4. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
5. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter express their love for Daisy?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)