|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe Clarke try to quiet the crowd when he enters the church?
(a) He rings the church bell in order to get their attention.
(b) He yells at them to be quiet.
(c) He frowns at the crowd.
(d) He sends Lum Boger in to quiet everyone.
2. How do the men in front of the store react to Deacon Simms' arrival?
(a) They try to ignore him, hoping that he will go away.
(b) They quickly hide their games and their winnings.
(c) They begin to harass and verbally assault him.
(d) They welcome him to join their poker game.
3. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They have been playing music at a whites-only club.
(b) They have been out working in the fields all day.
(c) They were at Daisy's house.
(d) They have been working up North at a white-owned factory.
4. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
(a) He ignores him and escorts Daisy into the store so he can buy her a treat.
(b) He apologizes to his friend.
(c) He accuses Jim Weston of being an inferior musician.
(d) He punches Jim Weston in the stomach.
5. How many people are in the church at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Only a handful of people are in church, but many are waiting outside.
(b) The church is almost full.
(c) The church is nearly empty.
(d) Exactly two people are in church, Jim Weston and Deacon Simms.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daisy respond to Jim's anger over her visit with Dave Carter?
2. How does Daisy respond when Dave Carter and Jim Weston both choose their music over a life with her?
3. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. According to Sister Taylor, what will ruin a person's eyesight?
5. Why does Daisy refuse both Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)