|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assurance does Deacon Simms give Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
(a) He assures them that not only will Jim Weston be cleared, but they may get a new mayor.
(b) He assures them that the trial will be quick and fair.
(c) He assures them that Jim Weston will get the punishment he deserves.
(d) He assures them that they will both get a chance to testify at the trial.
2. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
(a) Her husband doesn't provide enough for her and her children.
(b) Their religion requires that he take care of the poor.
(c) He gave meat to her neighbor, so it is only fair that he do the same for her.
(d) He owes her money for some eggs that she traded.
3. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
(a) The meat is not very good quality.
(b) He believes that she has enough food.
(c) They have a longstanding feud.
(d) He is afraid of Mr. Roberts, who has warned him against giving food to her.
4. What is missing when Joe Clarke tries to begin the trial?
(a) The witnesses.
(b) The defendant.
(c) Dave Carter.
(d) The gavel.
5. What is Jim Weston's sentence for his crime?
(a) Two years of hard labor.
(b) Community service.
(c) Two months imprisoned in the barn.
(d) Two years of exile from the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Deaconr Simms headed when he meets Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
2. From which mule did the bone originally come?
3. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
4. Why does Jim Weston begin to play music?
5. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)