|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
(a) She says she prefers Dave Carter.
(b) She says she prefers Jim Weston.
(c) She says that she is not interested in either.
(d) She will not say who she would choose.
2. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas respond to Reverend Childers' greeting?
(a) They immediately begin to criticize his position concerning the trial.
(b) They give him polite, strained smiles but do not respond.
(c) They ignore him and continue with their conversation.
(d) They glare at him and simply grunt in reply.
3. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They do not even notice.
(b) They agree that the women are attractive, but not as attractive as Daisy.
(c) They are too shy to speak to them directly.
(d) They agree that both women are just as pretty as Daisy.
4. How do the children react to Sister Taylor's reprimands?
(a) They tease her and shake themselves at her.
(b) They quiet down, but continue with their fighting after she leaves.
(c) They say nothing, but look sheepish and wander away.
(d) They apologize and head home.
5. Where is Deaconr Simms headed when he meets Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
(a) He is headed to the Baptist church to prepare for the trial.
(b) He is going to speak to Jim Weston before the trial.
(c) He is looking for Joe Clarke so the he can discuss the trial process.
(d) He is looking for the evidence that will free Jim Weston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim Weston jump up to fight Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What evidence does Sister Hambo provide to prove that she is telling the truth?
3. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas greet Joe Clarke when he arrives at the trial?
4. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
5. Which of the following best describes Sister Taylor's position about Daisy's involvement in the fight between Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)