|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will Jim Weston's trial begin?
(a) In two weeks.
(b) On Monday.
(c) The text does not state how long it will be until his trial.
(d) In a month.
2. What time is Jim Weston's trial scheduled to begin?
(a) Three o'clock.
(b) Seven o'clock.
(c) Four o'clock.
3. According to Sister Taylor, how ugly is Deacon Lindsay?
(a) He is so ugly that he does not need a mask for Halloween.
(b) He is so ugly that he scares the cows and their milk dries up.
(c) He is so ugly that his wife puts a sheet over his head so sleep can sneak up on him.
(d) He is so ugly that children run away from him.
4. How does Deacon Simms suggest that they end the trial?
(a) He says they should sing, dismiss, and all return to work.
(b) He says Joe Clarke should be run out of town, and he himself should be mayor.
(c) He says Jim Weston should be compensated for his mistreatment.
(d) He says everyone should apologize to Jim Weston and set him free.
5. What does Sister Taylor suggest that changes Sister Jones' mind about testifying?
(a) She says that the issue is not about Jim Weston, but about defending themselves from the Baptists.
(b) She convinces her that Jim Weston is really an honest, hard-working man who deserves their support.
(c) She convinces her that it is their civic responsibility to testify.
(d) She assures her that everyone else in town will be testifying, so she should join in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Deacon Simms refuse to allow Reverend Childers to use his Bible?
2. Why does Sister Jones say she won't testify for Jim Weston?
3. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
4. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
5. How many people are in the church at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)