|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She tells him that Deacon Simms is looking for him.
(b) She tells him when and where the trial will be held.
(c) She tells him that Daisy deserves to be arrested, not Jim Weston.
(d) She tells him where the gavel is located.
2. How many people are in the church at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Only a handful of people are in church, but many are waiting outside.
(b) The church is nearly empty.
(c) The church is almost full.
(d) Exactly two people are in church, Jim Weston and Deacon Simms.
3. What does everyone believe has happened when the church bell begins to toll?
(a) Everone believes that Jim Weston has been cleared of the charges.
(b) Everyone believes that Jim Weston has been convicted and sentenced.
(c) Everyone thinks that Dave Carter has died from his injuries.
(d) Everyone believes that the trial is about to begin.
4. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
(a) They do not agree on many ideas and do not get along.
(b) They are beginning to learn how to accept one another.
(c) They work together to fight corruption.
(d) They are friendly toward one another.
5. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
(b) Deacon Simms.
(c) Joe Clarke.
(d) Marshal Lum Boger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters are the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Sister Pitt suggest they must do before the trial begins?
3. From which mule did the bone originally come?
4. Who receives the applause from the Methodist side of the church?
5. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)