|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He thinks he is mocking him.
(b) He was supposed to be playing the fiddle.
(c) He accuses him of being unfair and taking advantage of the situation.
(d) He accuses him of not listening and not appreciating his music.
2. How do the women react when Lum Boger comes back to quiet them?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They quiet down for a bit.
(c) They apologize and quickly quiet down.
(d) They threaten him and warn him not to come near them.
3. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
(a) He needs to return it to Joe Lindsay.
(b) He needs to return it to Matt Brazzle.
(c) He wants to make sure that no one else uses it as a weapon.
(d) He needs it for evidence at the trial.
4. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
(a) Deacon Simms runs in to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
(b) The noise of the crowd.
(c) Daisy runs into the store to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
(d) Their yelling at each other.
5. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas greet Joe Clarke when he arrives at the trial?
(a) They wish him luck.
(b) They ignore him and do not speak to him at all.
(c) They ask to pray with him for a peaceful resolution to the trial.
(d) They criticize him for taking the Baptist side of the argument.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are in the church at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Sister Taylor suggest that changes Sister Jones' mind about testifying?
3. What other forgotten item does Lum Boger bring back to the trial?
4. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How does Brother Nixon respond to Sister Lewis' chastisement?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)