|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
(a) He says they need to hold a prayer service to drive the snakes out of the area.
(b) He says that they should leave them alone since even snakes serve God's purpose.
(c) He says that they need to put out traps for them and relocate the snakes.
(d) He says they need to cut down the weeds around town.
2. What does Sister Thomas think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
(a) She does not know why Mrs. Blunt is upset, since she is not directly involved in the trial.
(b) She believes that Mrs. Blunt must be overwhelmed by her daughter's role in the fight.
(c) She believes that Mrs. Blunt has been asking for trouble because she has not raised Daisy properly.
(d) She is smugly satisfied to see that Mrs. Blunt is in an awkward position.
3. What evidence does Sister Hambo provide to prove that she is telling the truth?
(a) She has six children, and they are all as honest as she is.
(b) She swears on her mother's grave that she is telling the truth.
(c) Everyone in town knows that she always tells the truth.
(d) She belongs to Macedonia Baptist Church and cannot lie.
4. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
(a) She says she prefers Dave Carter.
(b) She says she prefers Jim Weston.
(c) She will not say who she would choose.
(d) She says that she is not interested in either.
5. Who is Joe Clarke?
(a) He is the Baptist minister.
(b) He is the Methodist minister.
(c) He is the owner of the general store and the mayor of the town.
(d) He is one of the men in love with Daisy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Daisy's return to town affected Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
2. With what does Jim Weston hit Dave Carter?
3. How do the sisters Taylor and Thomas treat Deacon Simms when he arrives?
4. What is Dave Carter wearing when he enters the church?
5. What does Sister Pitt suggest they must do before the trial begins?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)