|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the church bell rung?
(a) Hambo rings the bell as a way of ushering Jim Weston out of town.
(b) Deacon Simms rings the bell to draw attention to his client's case.
(c) Lum Boger rings the bell to signal the beginning of the trial.
(d) It was an accident; someone fell and grabbed the rope.
2. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
(a) Joe Clarke.
(b) Deacon Simms.
(c) Marshal Lum Boger.
3. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
(b) Red rover.
(d) Chick-me, chick-me, cranie-crow.
4. Why does Jim Weston begin to play music?
(a) When he is nervous, he plays music.
(b) One of the men at the store requests a song.
(c) Daisy asks him to play for her.
(d) It is the only way he can express his love for Daisy.
5. According to the characters at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, how are Reverend Childers and Deacon Simms different?
(a) Reverend Childers does not believe in baptism.
(b) Reverend Childers has been to college.
(c) Deacon Simms is unmarried.
(d) Deacon Simms has more formal education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accusation do the Methodists hurl at Dave Carter when he enters the church?
2. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
3. What reason is given to support the idea of the Methodist minister leading the prayer?
4. What does Sister Thomas do after Reverend Childers and his group enter?
5. How do the sisters Taylor and Thomas treat Deacon Simms when he arrives?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)