|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms doing when Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive at the store?
(a) They are playing a friendly game of checkers.
(b) They are beating each other with the mule bone.
(c) They are still arguing about the town.
(d) They are shaking hands and apologizing to each other.
2. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
(a) They flirt with Daisy and ask her to reveal which man she prefer, Jim or Dave.
(b) No one speaks to her, but they all stare at her.
(c) They suddenly become very formal and well-mannered.
(d) They are embarrassed to speak to her.
3. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
(a) Her husband doesn't provide enough for her and her children.
(b) Their religion requires that he take care of the poor.
(c) He gave meat to her neighbor, so it is only fair that he do the same for her.
(d) He owes her money for some eggs that she traded.
4. What reason is given to support the idea of the Baptist minister leading the prayer before trial?
(a) The trial is in his church, so he should say the prayer.
(b) The Baptist minister has more formal education.
(c) The Baptists say better prayers that the Methodists.
(d) Joe Clarke is a Baptist, and he is acting as the judge.
5. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
(a) She refuses to comment.
(b) She likes it.
(c) She is not really interested in music.
(d) She does not like the kind of music they play.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe Clarke try to quiet the crowd when he enters the church?
2. Who receives the applause from the Methodist side of the church?
3. What is Mary Ella's criticism about the Methodist Church?
4. What does Deacon Simms say he will use as his legal reference during the trial?
5. What complaint does Joe Clarke make about Lum Boger?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)