|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Taylor do to end the argument with the sassy young girl?
(a) She heads to the church to tell the girl's mother.
(b) She embarrasses the girl in front her friends.
(c) She calls the girl's mother over and lets the mother deal with her.
(d) She turns the girl over her knee and spanks her.
2. What instrument does Jim Weston play?
(a) The harmonica.
(b) The fiddle.
(c) The guitar.
(d) The accordion.
3. What does Reverend Childers present as evidence against Jim Weston in the trial?
(a) He presents the biblical story of Sampson and the Philistines.
(b) He uses the testimony of witnesses to prove that the beating was violent.
(c) He cites the rumor that Jim Weston has been stealing chickens.
(d) He uses Jim Weston's own confession against him.
4. According to the characters at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, how are Reverend Childers and Deacon Simms different?
(a) Reverend Childers has been to college.
(b) Deacon Simms has more formal education.
(c) Deacon Simms is unmarried.
(d) Reverend Childers does not believe in baptism.
5. What does Joe Clarke realize that he needs to get from the lodge room before he goes to the trial?
(a) The evidence.
(b) The list of charges.
(c) His judge's robe.
(d) The gavel.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lige Mosely, why should a Baptist be afraid to go swimming?
2. What reason is given to support the idea of the Methodist minister leading the prayer?
3. Why does Sister Jones say she won't testify for Jim Weston?
4. What does Sister Thomas repeatedly say she needs to do before the trial?
5. What does Sister Taylor suggest that changes Sister Jones' mind about testifying?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)