|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
(a) It's the only place that he's ever lived.
(b) He put up the money to purchase and develop the land.
(c) He was born and raised there.
(d) He needs the town to maintain a positive reputation so that he can sell his property for a profit.
2. How does Joe Clarke try to quiet the crowd when he enters the church?
(a) He frowns at the crowd.
(b) He rings the church bell in order to get their attention.
(c) He sends Lum Boger in to quiet everyone.
(d) He yells at them to be quiet.
3. What do the men at the store begin to talk about after Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive?
(a) They talk about who will win Daisy's heart.
(b) They talk about the weather and how it will affect the harvest.
(c) They return to talking about the town's snake problem.
(d) They go back to arguing about whether the town needs a jail.
4. Why does Joe Clarke chase away the children who are playing in front of the store?
(a) They are noisy, and he cannot concentrate on his game.
(b) The children almost broke a window in his store.
(c) It is getting late and their parents will expect them home.
(d) He does not really like children.
5. What does Sister Taylor think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
(a) She suggests that Mrs. Blunt does not care because she has not raised Daisy properly anyway.
(b) She suggests that Mrs. Blunt must be angry about Daisy's behavior.
(c) She suggests that Mrs. Blunt is a strong woman who will not let the trouble get to her.
(d) She suggests that Mrs. Blunt must be embarrassed by all of the attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
2. Who receives the applause from the Methodist side of the church?
3. Why do some women challenge Joe Clarke's involvement in Jim Weston's trial?
4. What explanation does Deacon Lindsay give to explain why he doesn't want to talk to Sister Taylor?
5. According to Deacon Simms, what kind of day is it in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)