|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do some women challenge Joe Clarke's involvement in Jim Weston's trial?
(a) Many women believe that he should not be the judge because the incident occurred on his property.
(b) All of the women believe that he should bring in a judge from out of town.
(c) The Baptist women criticize him because he is a Methodist.
(d) The Methodist women criticize him for holding the trial in a Baptist church.
2. Why does Joe Clarke get frustrated with Lum Boger?
(a) He has not shown up for the trial yet.
(b) He has not quited the crowd.
(c) He blames him for forgetting the gavel.
(d) He is sitting with the defendant.
3. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
(a) They immediately break into song.
(b) They begin to push and shove each other.
(c) They playfully criticize each other to try to impress Daisy.
(d) They are both too nervous to say anything.
4. What name does Sister Taylor call the girl who sasses back at her?
(a) A "limb of Satan."
(b) A "truck o' trouble."
(c) A "little heifer."
(d) A "Satan's chile."
5. According to the characters at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, how are Reverend Childers and Deacon Simms different?
(a) Deacon Simms is unmarried.
(b) Deacon Simms has more formal education.
(c) Reverend Childers does not believe in baptism.
(d) Reverend Childers has been to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Deacon Lindsay, what does Sister Taylor smell like?
2. On the charge of assault and battery, how does Jim Weston plead?
3. How has Daisy's return to town affected Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
4. What does Sister Thomas repeatedly say she needs to do before the trial?
5. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)