|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the characters at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, how are Reverend Childers and Deacon Simms different?
(a) Reverend Childers does not believe in baptism.
(b) Deacon Simms has more formal education.
(c) Reverend Childers has been to college.
(d) Deacon Simms is unmarried.
2. What name does Sister Taylor call the girl who sasses back at her?
(a) A "little heifer."
(b) A "Satan's chile."
(c) A "limb of Satan."
(d) A "truck o' trouble."
3. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
(a) They suddenly become very formal and well-mannered.
(b) No one speaks to her, but they all stare at her.
(c) They flirt with Daisy and ask her to reveal which man she prefer, Jim or Dave.
(d) They are embarrassed to speak to her.
4. Of what, in addition to assault, does Joe Clarke suggest that Jim Weston is guilty?
(a) Of stealing from his store.
(b) Of being ungodly and not attending church.
(c) Of mistreating women.
(d) Of stealing his chickens.
5. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
(a) She was in prison for a suspicious accident.
(b) She was away at college.
(c) No one knows where she has been.
(d) She was in the North working for a white family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters are the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What do the men at the store begin to talk about after Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive?
3. What explanation does Sister Thomas offer to explain Joe Clarke's decisions regarding the trial?
4. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
5. What order does Joe Clarke give to the people at the trial before they leave the church?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)