|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
(a) They work together to fight corruption.
(b) They do not agree on many ideas and do not get along.
(c) They are friendly toward one another.
(d) They are beginning to learn how to accept one another.
2. What evidence does Joe Clarke offer to support his accusation of JIm Weston?
(a) He says he has heard that he buries a lot of feathers in his back yard.
(b) He says he always behaves suspiciously.
(c) He says he has seen odd-shaped bulges in his coat pockets.
(d) He says he just looks like the type of guy who would do such a thing.
3. Which of the following best describes the Baptist position on Jim Weston's guilt?
(a) They believe that he should be imprisoned for at least a year.
(b) They believe that he is innocent and should be released.
(c) They believe that he should be expelled from the town.
(d) They believe that he and Dave Carter should resolve the issue themselves.
4. According to the characters at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, how are Reverend Childers and Deacon Simms different?
(a) Reverend Childers does not believe in baptism.
(b) Deacon Simms has more formal education.
(c) Reverend Childers has been to college.
(d) Deacon Simms is unmarried.
5. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She tells him where the gavel is located.
(b) She tells him that Deacon Simms is looking for him.
(c) She tells him that Daisy deserves to be arrested, not Jim Weston.
(d) She tells him when and where the trial will be held.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave Carter wearing when he enters the church?
2. How do the Baptists respond to Jim Weston entering the church?
3. Deacon Simms accuses Dave Carter of what?
4. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
5. Why does Daisy come to the store?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)