|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe Clarke realize that he needs to get from the lodge room before he goes to the trial?
(a) The evidence.
(b) The gavel.
(c) The list of charges.
(d) His judge's robe.
2. Why do some women challenge Joe Clarke's involvement in Jim Weston's trial?
(a) The Methodist women criticize him for holding the trial in a Baptist church.
(b) The Baptist women criticize him because he is a Methodist.
(c) All of the women believe that he should bring in a judge from out of town.
(d) Many women believe that he should not be the judge because the incident occurred on his property.
3. What does Sister Taylor say she would do with Daisy if she were her mother?
(a) She says she would beat her for acting like a tramp.
(b) She says she would send her back North to get her away from the men.
(c) She says she would not allow her out of the house.
(d) She says she would put her out of the house and let her support herself.
4. Where is Deaconr Simms headed when he meets Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
(a) He is looking for the evidence that will free Jim Weston.
(b) He is looking for Joe Clarke so the he can discuss the trial process.
(c) He is headed to the Baptist church to prepare for the trial.
(d) He is going to speak to Jim Weston before the trial.
5. For what does Sister Taylor chastise the children in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) For getting in the way of the adults' work.
(b) For not going to church on Sunday.
(c) For teasing the Methodist children.
(d) For not including everyone in their games.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the church bell rung?
2. How do the men at the store react to Mrs. Roberts' plight?
3. How does Sister Taylor defend herself when Joe Lindsay chastises her for arguing in church?
4. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
5. What does Deacon Simms say he will use as his legal reference during the trial?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)