|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason is given to support the idea of the Baptist minister leading the prayer before trial?
(a) Joe Clarke is a Baptist, and he is acting as the judge.
(b) The Baptists say better prayers that the Methodists.
(c) The Baptist minister has more formal education.
(d) The trial is in his church, so he should say the prayer.
2. Why does Jim Weston jump up to fight Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is jealous and wants to fight for Daisy's love.
(b) He think that Dave Carter is laughing at him.
(c) Dave Carter steps on his foot when he leaves the store.
(d) His pride is hurt and he wants to fight to defend his honor.
3. Why does Deacon Simms refuse to allow Reverend Childers to use his Bible?
(a) He is afraid that Reverend Childers will soil his pages.
(b) He says any good preacher would have brought his own Bible.
(c) Deacon Simms' children gave the Bible to him, so it's special.
(d) Reverend Childers is a Baptist and cannot read anyway.
4. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
(a) The meat is not very good quality.
(b) They have a longstanding feud.
(c) He is afraid of Mr. Roberts, who has warned him against giving food to her.
(d) He believes that she has enough food.
5. What color shirt is Dave Carter wearing?
(d) The text does not reveal the color.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Sister Thomas offer to explain Joe Clarke's decisions regarding the trial?
2. What does Sister Taylor call the Baptist children?
3. According to Deacon Lindsay, what does Sister Taylor smell like?
4. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas respond to Reverend Childers' greeting?
5. Who is Joe Clarke?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)