|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reverend Childers, what is the most dangerous weapon in the world?
(a) The jealousy of a man in love.
(b) The hock bone of a mule.
(c) A flirtatious woman.
(d) The anger of one friend toward another.
2. Deacon Simms accuses Dave Carter of what?
(a) Of lying to Jim Weston about his injuries.
(b) Of stealing Daisy away from Jim Weston.
(c) Of living an unclean life.
(d) Of feeling jealous of Jim Weston.
3. How does Joe Clarke defend himself against Sisters Taylor and Thomas when he arrives at the trial?
(a) He says he does not have to answer to anyone, especially to women.
(b) He says they should all learn to look past their differences and get along with others.
(c) He says he is not choosing sides; he only wants justice.
(d) He says he understands their concerns, but he will not become a Baptist.
4. What other forgotten item does Lum Boger bring back to the trial?
(a) The defendant.
(b) The mule bone.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The legal documents.
5. How does Joe Clarke respond to Mrs. Nixon's accusation that he mistreats his wife and sells rancid bacon?
(a) He says everyone knows that she lies, so he is not concerned.
(b) He bangs his gavel and calls for order.
(c) He says she will not be allowed to buy anything else from the store until she pays back the money she owes.
(d) He says she smells like a nest of yellow hammers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Why does Joe Clarke chase away the children who are playing in front of the store?
3. What does Sister Pitt suggest they must do before the trial begins?
4. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
5. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)