|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
(a) Deacon Simms.
(b) Marshal Lum Boger.
(c) Joe Clarke.
2. What does Reverend Childers present as evidence against Jim Weston in the trial?
(a) He uses the testimony of witnesses to prove that the beating was violent.
(b) He uses Jim Weston's own confession against him.
(c) He cites the rumor that Jim Weston has been stealing chickens.
(d) He presents the biblical story of Sampson and the Philistines.
3. What does Deacon Simms say he will use as his legal reference during the trial?
(a) He says he will use the evidence and let that speak for itself.
(b) He says he will use his own legal knowledge and experience.
(c) He says he will use the law books that he borrowed from the library.
(d) He says he will use the Bible, from beginning to end.
4. Who is Joe Clarke?
(a) He is one of the men in love with Daisy.
(b) He is the Baptist minister.
(c) He is the owner of the general store and the mayor of the town.
(d) He is the Methodist minister.
5. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
(a) The church basement is overcrowded with prisoners.
(b) The town is full of lawlessness.
(c) The jail will bring in government money.
(d) The jail will provide some much-needed jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe Clarke defend himself against Sisters Taylor and Thomas when he arrives at the trial?
2. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
3. What does Sister Taylor say she would do with Daisy if she were her mother?
4. From which mule did the bone originally come?
5. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)