|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave Carter do after Jim Weston hits him?
(a) Staggers away, supported by Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms.
(b) Shakes his head and walks back out of town.
(c) Falls unconscious.
(d) Staggers away, supported by Daisy.
2. What complaint does Joe Clarke make about Lum Boger?
(a) He says he is disrespectful.
(b) He says he is "dumb as a stump."
(c) He says he is lazy.
(d) He says he walks too slowly.
3. How does Brother Nixon respond to Sister Lewis' chastisement?
(a) He looks at her innocently and pretends that he has done nothing.
(b) He apologizes and then sits quietly.
(c) He mocks her and shakes himself at her.
(d) He pretends that he cannot hear her.
4. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They agree that the women are attractive, but not as attractive as Daisy.
(b) They do not even notice.
(c) They agree that both women are just as pretty as Daisy.
(d) They are too shy to speak to them directly.
5. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
(a) He gave meat to her neighbor, so it is only fair that he do the same for her.
(b) He owes her money for some eggs that she traded.
(c) Her husband doesn't provide enough for her and her children.
(d) Their religion requires that he take care of the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe Clarke try to quiet the crowd when he enters the church?
2. What evidence does Joe Clarke offer to support his accusation of JIm Weston?
3. What does Reverend Childers present as evidence against Jim Weston in the trial?
4. What does Sister Pitt suggest they must do before the trial begins?
5. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)