|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who defends herself by saying that everyone's house has some bedbugs and lice?
(a) Sister Thomas.
(b) Sister Lewis.
(c) Sister Hambo.
(d) Sister Taylor.
2. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
(a) The snakes keep eating his chicks.
(b) They are messengers of the devil and represent evil.
(c) They are the only creature of which he is afraid.
(d) He can never tell the difference between venomous and non-venomous snakes.
3. What Bible does Reverend Childers end up using?
(a) He uses the church Bible from the pulpit.
(b) He returns to his home to get his own Bible.
(c) One of the Baptists in the crowd shares his Bible with him.
(d) Joe Clarke forces Deacon Simms to share his Bible.
4. How does Sister Taylor defend herself when Joe Lindsay chastises her for arguing in church?
(a) She criticizes him for not feeding his horse.
(b) She says she is not the only one who is talking.
(c) She says he has no right to tell her what to do.
(d) She criticizes him for beating his wife.
5. What do the men at the store begin to talk about after Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive?
(a) They talk about who will win Daisy's heart.
(b) They go back to arguing about whether the town needs a jail.
(c) They talk about the weather and how it will affect the harvest.
(d) They return to talking about the town's snake problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence does Dave Carter present to prove that he is as clean as everybody else?
2. According to Sister Taylor, how ugly is Deacon Lindsay?
3. Why does Joe Lindsay bring the mule bone to the store?
4. On what errand does Joe Clarke send Lum Boger?
5. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)