|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
(a) He needs it for evidence at the trial.
(b) He wants to make sure that no one else uses it as a weapon.
(c) He needs to return it to Matt Brazzle.
(d) He needs to return it to Joe Lindsay.
2. What does Deacon Simms say he will use as his legal reference during the trial?
(a) He says he will use the Bible, from beginning to end.
(b) He says he will use his own legal knowledge and experience.
(c) He says he will use the evidence and let that speak for itself.
(d) He says he will use the law books that he borrowed from the library.
3. What is Mary Ella's criticism about the Methodist Church?
(a) She says that it might be big, but they do not have enough members to fill it.
(b) She says that no matter how nice it looks, God does not visit there.
(c) She says that it does not have any windows and it is located in the swamp.
(d) She says the Methodist Church does not have a church bell.
4. What are Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms doing when Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive at the store?
(a) They are playing a friendly game of checkers.
(b) They are still arguing about the town.
(c) They are beating each other with the mule bone.
(d) They are shaking hands and apologizing to each other.
5. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She tells him that Deacon Simms is looking for him.
(b) She tells him when and where the trial will be held.
(c) She tells him that Daisy deserves to be arrested, not Jim Weston.
(d) She tells him where the gavel is located.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hambo accuses Deacon Simms of telling what lie?
2. Why does Deacon Simms refuse to allow Reverend Childers to use his Bible?
3. Why does Sister Taylor doubt that the girl's mother will influence the girl?
4. How does Joe Clarke respond to Mrs. Nixon's accusation that he mistreats his wife and sells rancid bacon?
5. How does Sister Taylor defend herself when Joe Lindsay chastises her for arguing in church?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)