|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the children react to Sister Taylor's reprimands?
(a) They quiet down, but continue with their fighting after she leaves.
(b) They say nothing, but look sheepish and wander away.
(c) They tease her and shake themselves at her.
(d) They apologize and head home.
2. What is Mary Ella's criticism about the Methodist Church?
(a) She says that no matter how nice it looks, God does not visit there.
(b) She says that it does not have any windows and it is located in the swamp.
(c) She says that it might be big, but they do not have enough members to fill it.
(d) She says the Methodist Church does not have a church bell.
3. What does Sister Taylor call the Baptist children?
(a) "You all varmints."
(b) "Lil Baptis' Haitians."
(c) "Limbs of Satan."
(d) "Devil's chillen."
4. On the charge of assault and battery, how does Jim Weston plead?
(a) He says he did not do it and is not guilty.
(b) He says he is sorry that he did it, but he is not guilty.
(c) He says he did it and would do it again, but he's not guilty.
(d) He says he is sorry and pleads guilty.
5. What does Deacon Simms discuss after he moves beyond the subject of snakes?
(a) He begins to gossip about Daisy Blunt.
(b) He wants to know what the men think about Mrs. Roberts.
(c) He begins to preach about changes that the town needs.
(d) He wants to talk about making improvements to the town's school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Thomas do after Reverend Childers and his group enter?
2. What does Joe Clarke realize that he needs to get from the lodge room before he goes to the trial?
3. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
5. What evidence does Joe Clarke offer to support his accusation of JIm Weston?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)