|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the Baptist position on Jim Weston's guilt?
(a) They believe that he and Dave Carter should resolve the issue themselves.
(b) They believe that he is innocent and should be released.
(c) They believe that he should be imprisoned for at least a year.
(d) They believe that he should be expelled from the town.
2. How does Lum Boger respond to the women's reactions when he comes back to quiet them?
(a) He grumbles under his breath and kicks their chairs.
(b) He gets angry and begins to yell at them.
(c) He stands next to them and glares at them.
(d) He meekly returns to his seat next to Jim Weston.
3. What does everyone believe has happened when the church bell begins to toll?
(a) Everyone believes that the trial is about to begin.
(b) Everyone believes that Jim Weston has been convicted and sentenced.
(c) Everyone thinks that Dave Carter has died from his injuries.
(d) Everone believes that Jim Weston has been cleared of the charges.
4. How do the children react to Sister Taylor's reprimands?
(a) They tease her and shake themselves at her.
(b) They quiet down, but continue with their fighting after she leaves.
(c) They say nothing, but look sheepish and wander away.
(d) They apologize and head home.
5. What does Sister Taylor do to end the argument with the sassy young girl?
(a) She turns the girl over her knee and spanks her.
(b) She calls the girl's mother over and lets the mother deal with her.
(c) She heads to the church to tell the girl's mother.
(d) She embarrasses the girl in front her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Deacon Simms say he will use as his legal reference during the trial?
2. What does Sister Taylor say she would do with Daisy if she were her mother?
3. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
4. How do the men in front of the store react to Deacon Simms' arrival?
5. When the fighting children enter, what does Sister Taylor look for, and what does she intend to do with it?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)