|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accusation do the Methodists hurl at Dave Carter when he enters the church?
(a) They believe that he is faking his injury, trying to look hurt.
(b) They belive that he just wants to cause trouble in town.
(c) They believe that he has stolen Joe Clarke's chickens.
(d) They believe that he started the fight and deserved what he got.
2. What does Reverend Childers present as evidence against Jim Weston in the trial?
(a) He cites the rumor that Jim Weston has been stealing chickens.
(b) He uses Jim Weston's own confession against him.
(c) He uses the testimony of witnesses to prove that the beating was violent.
(d) He presents the biblical story of Sampson and the Philistines.
3. What evidence does Sister Taylor provide to prove that her husband is good to her?
(a) He brings her flowers for no reason.
(b) He brings home plenty of money.
(c) He is a good father to their children.
(d) He listens to her when she has a problem.
4. As the evening progresses, what games do the men on the porch play?
(a) They shoot dice.
(b) They alternate between cards and playing checkers.
(c) They play Scrabble.
(d) They play hangman.
5. What evidence does Joe Clarke offer to support his accusation of JIm Weston?
(a) He says he always behaves suspiciously.
(b) He says he just looks like the type of guy who would do such a thing.
(c) He says he has heard that he buries a lot of feathers in his back yard.
(d) He says he has seen odd-shaped bulges in his coat pockets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms doing when Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive at the store?
2. Why does Joe Clarke get frustrated with Lum Boger?
3. What reason is given to support the idea of the Baptist minister leading the prayer before trial?
4. Of what, in addition to assault, does Joe Clarke suggest that Jim Weston is guilty?
5. Deacon Simms accuses Dave Carter of what?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)