|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason is given to support the idea of the Baptist minister leading the prayer before trial?
(a) The Baptist minister has more formal education.
(b) Joe Clarke is a Baptist, and he is acting as the judge.
(c) The trial is in his church, so he should say the prayer.
(d) The Baptists say better prayers that the Methodists.
2. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
(a) She does not like the kind of music they play.
(b) She is not really interested in music.
(c) She refuses to comment.
(d) She likes it.
3. According to Sister Taylor, what is Joe Clarke trying to look like as he heads to the trial?
(a) Like a Puritan governor.
(b) Like a Supreme Court justice.
(c) Like a big-city lawyer.
(d) Like a brigadier general.
4. What does Sister Pitt suggest they must do before the trial begins?
(a) Start with a prayer.
(b) Sing a hymn.
(c) Call a formal list of witnesses.
(d) Read the charges.
5. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
(a) He believes that she has enough food.
(b) They have a longstanding feud.
(c) The meat is not very good quality.
(d) He is afraid of Mr. Roberts, who has warned him against giving food to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Taylor do to end the argument with the sassy young girl?
2. What are Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms doing when Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive at the store?
3. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
4. Sister Lewis chastises Brother Nixon for what offense?
5. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)