|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
(a) He needs it for evidence at the trial.
(b) He needs to return it to Matt Brazzle.
(c) He needs to return it to Joe Lindsay.
(d) He wants to make sure that no one else uses it as a weapon.
2. What does Sister Taylor suggest that changes Sister Jones' mind about testifying?
(a) She says that the issue is not about Jim Weston, but about defending themselves from the Baptists.
(b) She convinces her that Jim Weston is really an honest, hard-working man who deserves their support.
(c) She assures her that everyone else in town will be testifying, so she should join in.
(d) She convinces her that it is their civic responsibility to testify.
3. How do the women react when Lum Boger comes back to quiet them?
(a) They quiet down for a bit.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They apologize and quickly quiet down.
(d) They threaten him and warn him not to come near them.
4. Which of the following best describes the exchange between Sister Taylor and Deacon Lindsay?
(a) They criticize each other and threaten to fight.
(b) They playfully tease each other.
(c) They say little, but they exchange vicious glances.
(d) Their exchange leads to improved relations between both sides.
5. What does Dave Carter buy for Daisy?
(a) Cotton candy.
(b) Some kettle corn.
(c) A red soda.
(d) An ice cream cone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence does Joe Clarke offer to support his accusation of JIm Weston?
2. What do the men at the store begin to talk about after Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive?
3. Where is the notice of Jim Weston's trial displayed?
4. Sister Lewis chastises Brother Nixon for what offense?
5. According to the characters at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, how are Reverend Childers and Deacon Simms different?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)