|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Deacon Lindsay give to explain why he doesn't want to talk to Sister Taylor?
(a) She is a Baptist and he does not speak to Baptists.
(b) He heard that she has been gossiping about him.
(c) He is too busy and on his way to work.
(d) He says she is too ugly.
2. What time is Jim Weston's trial scheduled to begin?
(a) Three o'clock.
(b) Seven o'clock.
(d) Four o'clock.
3. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
(a) He is offended and argues.
(b) He isn't sure, but agrees to bring it up at the next town meeting.
(c) He agrees and wants to hear more.
(d) He laughs because he thinks it must be a joke.
4. Of what, in addition to assault, does Joe Clarke suggest that Jim Weston is guilty?
(a) Of stealing his chickens.
(b) Of being ungodly and not attending church.
(c) Of stealing from his store.
(d) Of mistreating women.
5. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
(a) The jail will bring in government money.
(b) The church basement is overcrowded with prisoners.
(c) The town is full of lawlessness.
(d) The jail will provide some much-needed jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Deacon Lindsay, what does Sister Taylor smell like?
2. According to Deacon Simms, what kind of day is it in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What instrument does Jim Weston play?
4. According to Sister Taylor, what will ruin a person's eyesight?
5. What do the men at the store begin to talk about after Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)