|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what, in addition to assault, does Joe Clarke suggest that Jim Weston is guilty?
(a) Of stealing from his store.
(b) Of being ungodly and not attending church.
(c) Of mistreating women.
(d) Of stealing his chickens.
2. According to Deacon Lindsay, what does Sister Taylor smell like?
(a) Like a "louse in de church."
(b) Like a "neet of yellow hammers."
(c) Like "de devil's doll baby."
(d) Like a "nest of grand daddies."
3. Where is Deaconr Simms headed when he meets Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
(a) He is headed to the Baptist church to prepare for the trial.
(b) He is looking for the evidence that will free Jim Weston.
(c) He is going to speak to Jim Weston before the trial.
(d) He is looking for Joe Clarke so the he can discuss the trial process.
4. For what does Sister Taylor chastise the children in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) For teasing the Methodist children.
(b) For not including everyone in their games.
(c) For getting in the way of the adults' work.
(d) For not going to church on Sunday.
5. What does Sister Taylor say she would do with Daisy if she were her mother?
(a) She says she would not allow her out of the house.
(b) She says she would beat her for acting like a tramp.
(c) She says she would send her back North to get her away from the men.
(d) She says she would put her out of the house and let her support herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
2. What do the men at the store begin to talk about after Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive?
3. Which of the following best describes the exchange between Sister Taylor and Deacon Lindsay?
4. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
5. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)