|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sister Taylor, what will be the cause of the next trial?
(a) She will be on trial for beating some of the Baptists.
(b) She will be on trial for beating other people's children.
(c) Daisy will be on trial for causing all of the turmoil in town.
(d) Deacon Lindsay will be on trial for beating a woman.
2. Where is Jim Weston held until his trial?
(a) In the church basement.
(b) In the store's cellar.
(c) Under house arrest.
(d) In Joe Clarke's barn.
3. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
(a) He is offended and argues.
(b) He laughs because he thinks it must be a joke.
(c) He agrees and wants to hear more.
(d) He isn't sure, but agrees to bring it up at the next town meeting.
4. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
(a) He always carries it with him when he walks to town in order to fight off stray dogs.
(b) He says he found it while he was hunting.
(c) He says he found it behind the store.
(d) It is his good luck charm, so he never leaves home without it.
5. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
(a) He punches Jim Weston in the stomach.
(b) He apologizes to his friend.
(c) He ignores him and escorts Daisy into the store so he can buy her a treat.
(d) He accuses Jim Weston of being an inferior musician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Teets Miiller and Bootsie Pitts?
2. What does Sister Taylor say she would do with Daisy if she were her mother?
3. How do the men at the store react to Mrs. Roberts' plight?
4. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
5. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)