|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Deacon Lindsay give to explain why he doesn't want to talk to Sister Taylor?
(a) He heard that she has been gossiping about him.
(b) He says she is too ugly.
(c) She is a Baptist and he does not speak to Baptists.
(d) He is too busy and on his way to work.
2. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
(b) Chick-me, chick-me, cranie-crow.
(d) Red rover.
3. How does Deacon Lindsay respond to Sister Taylor's and Sister Thomas' actions in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He extends his hand and asks for a reconciliation.
(b) He gets angry and wants to know why they aren't speaking.
(c) He laughs because he thinks they are behaving like children.
(d) He is offended and turns to leave.
4. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They do not even notice.
(b) They agree that the women are attractive, but not as attractive as Daisy.
(c) They agree that both women are just as pretty as Daisy.
(d) They are too shy to speak to them directly.
5. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
(a) They do not agree on many ideas and do not get along.
(b) They are friendly toward one another.
(c) They are beginning to learn how to accept one another.
(d) They work together to fight corruption.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
2. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Where is Deaconr Simms headed when he meets Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
4. Which of the following best describes the children's journey to the church?
5. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)