|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which mule did the bone originally come?
(a) The mule that escaped from Will Cody's pasture.
(b) Lum Boger's old mule.
(c) Matt Brazzle's mean mule.
(d) No one knows.
2. On what errand does Joe Clarke send Lum Boger?
(a) To get the witnesses.
(b) To get the gavel.
(c) To get Jim Weston and the mule bone from the barn.
(d) To work at the store during the trial.
3. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
(a) Deacon Simms runs in to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
(b) Their yelling at each other.
(c) The noise of the crowd.
(d) Daisy runs into the store to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
4. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
(a) He is afraid of Mr. Roberts, who has warned him against giving food to her.
(b) The meat is not very good quality.
(c) They have a longstanding feud.
(d) He believes that she has enough food.
5. According to Sister Taylor, what will be the cause of the next trial?
(a) Daisy will be on trial for causing all of the turmoil in town.
(b) She will be on trial for beating some of the Baptists.
(c) Deacon Lindsay will be on trial for beating a woman.
(d) She will be on trial for beating other people's children.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sister Taylor, what is Joe Clarke trying to look like as he heads to the trial?
2. Why does Joe Lindsay bring the mule bone to the store?
3. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)