|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Deacon Simms say he will use as his legal reference during the trial?
(a) He says he will use his own legal knowledge and experience.
(b) He says he will use the law books that he borrowed from the library.
(c) He says he will use the Bible, from beginning to end.
(d) He says he will use the evidence and let that speak for itself.
2. How do the children react to Sister Taylor's reprimands?
(a) They apologize and head home.
(b) They quiet down, but continue with their fighting after she leaves.
(c) They tease her and shake themselves at her.
(d) They say nothing, but look sheepish and wander away.
3. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
(a) He joins in by singing.
(b) He goes into the store to shop.
(c) He dances, eventually dancing with Daisy.
(d) He wanders off to play poker.
4. What do the men at the store begin to talk about after Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive?
(a) They talk about who will win Daisy's heart.
(b) They talk about the weather and how it will affect the harvest.
(c) They return to talking about the town's snake problem.
(d) They go back to arguing about whether the town needs a jail.
5. Which of the following best describes Sister Taylor's position about Daisy's involvement in the fight between Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
(a) Sister Taylor believes that men are responsible for their own actions.
(b) Sister Taylor believes that Daisy is innocent; it is not her fault that men find her attractive.
(c) Sister Taylor believes that the two men would fight about any girl.
(d) Sister Taylor believes that Daisy caused it by showing off and teasing the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
2. According to Deacon Lindsay, what does Sister Taylor smell like?
3. Where is the notice of Jim Weston's trial displayed?
4. What does Sister Taylor do to end the argument with the sassy young girl?
5. Which two characters are the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)