|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Thomas do after Reverend Childers and his group enter?
(a) She flips her skirt at them and exits.
(b) She sucks her teeth and turns her back to them.
(c) She picks a fight with Deacon Lindsay.
(d) She begins singing a traditional Methodist hymn.
2. Where is Deaconr Simms headed when he meets Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
(a) He is looking for Joe Clarke so the he can discuss the trial process.
(b) He is headed to the Baptist church to prepare for the trial.
(c) He is going to speak to Jim Weston before the trial.
(d) He is looking for the evidence that will free Jim Weston.
3. What part of Joe Clarke's appearance does Sister Thomas criticize?
(a) She says his hair looks like a nest of beavers.
(b) She says he has short, stubby legs.
(c) She says he has a huge stomach.
(d) She says he has a flat nose.
4. What does Deacon Simms discuss after he moves beyond the subject of snakes?
(a) He begins to gossip about Daisy Blunt.
(b) He wants to know what the men think about Mrs. Roberts.
(c) He begins to preach about changes that the town needs.
(d) He wants to talk about making improvements to the town's school.
5. What evidence does Joe Clarke offer to support his accusation of JIm Weston?
(a) He says he just looks like the type of guy who would do such a thing.
(b) He says he has seen odd-shaped bulges in his coat pockets.
(c) He says he always behaves suspiciously.
(d) He says he has heard that he buries a lot of feathers in his back yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe Clarke realize that he needs to get from the lodge room before he goes to the trial?
2. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
3. What does Dave Carter do after Jim Weston hits him?
4. Which of the following best describes Sister Taylor's position about Daisy's involvement in the fight between Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
5. For what crime is Jim Weston being tried?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)