|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim Weston begin to play music?
(a) It is the only way he can express his love for Daisy.
(b) Daisy asks him to play for her.
(c) When he is nervous, he plays music.
(d) One of the men at the store requests a song.
2. When the fighting children enter, what does Sister Taylor look for, and what does she intend to do with it?
(a) She looks for a rock to throw at the children.
(b) She looks for an easy exit so she can get away from the children.
(c) She looks for another adult to help back her up.
(d) She looks for a stick with which she can hit the children.
3. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
(a) The town is full of lawlessness.
(b) The church basement is overcrowded with prisoners.
(c) The jail will provide some much-needed jobs.
(d) The jail will bring in government money.
4. According to Deacon Simms, what kind of day is it in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) It is a hot day.
(b) It is a chilly day.
(c) It is a cloudy day.
(d) It is a windy day.
5. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
(a) He punches Jim Weston in the stomach.
(b) He accuses Jim Weston of being an inferior musician.
(c) He ignores him and escorts Daisy into the store so he can buy her a treat.
(d) He apologizes to his friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
2. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
3. According to Sister Taylor, what is Joe Clarke trying to look like as he heads to the trial?
4. How does Joe Clarke defend himself against Sisters Taylor and Thomas when he arrives at the trial?
5. Why does Daisy come to the store?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)