|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the fighting children enter, what does Sister Taylor look for, and what does she intend to do with it?
(a) She looks for a rock to throw at the children.
(b) She looks for a stick with which she can hit the children.
(c) She looks for an easy exit so she can get away from the children.
(d) She looks for another adult to help back her up.
2. What does Sister Taylor say she would do with Daisy if she were her mother?
(a) She says she would put her out of the house and let her support herself.
(b) She says she would not allow her out of the house.
(c) She says she would send her back North to get her away from the men.
(d) She says she would beat her for acting like a tramp.
3. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
(a) Joe Clarke.
(b) Deacon Simms.
(c) Marshal Lum Boger.
(d) Dave Carter.
4. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
(a) Their religion requires that he take care of the poor.
(b) Her husband doesn't provide enough for her and her children.
(c) He gave meat to her neighbor, so it is only fair that he do the same for her.
(d) He owes her money for some eggs that she traded.
5. Which of the following best describes the exchange between Sister Taylor and Deacon Lindsay?
(a) Their exchange leads to improved relations between both sides.
(b) They say little, but they exchange vicious glances.
(c) They criticize each other and threaten to fight.
(d) They playfully tease each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do some women challenge Joe Clarke's involvement in Jim Weston's trial?
2. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Why does Sister Taylor doubt that the girl's mother will influence the girl?
4. How do the sisters Taylor and Thomas treat Deacon Simms when he arrives?
5. Why does Daisy come to the store?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)