|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They were at Daisy's house.
(b) They have been out working in the fields all day.
(c) They have been working up North at a white-owned factory.
(d) They have been playing music at a whites-only club.
2. What does Sister Thomas repeatedly say she needs to do before the trial?
(a) Change her clothes.
(b) Put the collard greens on to cook.
(c) Hang her laundry.
(d) Finish washing her dishes.
3. What does Sister Taylor suggest that changes Sister Jones' mind about testifying?
(a) She convinces her that it is their civic responsibility to testify.
(b) She says that the issue is not about Jim Weston, but about defending themselves from the Baptists.
(c) She assures her that everyone else in town will be testifying, so she should join in.
(d) She convinces her that Jim Weston is really an honest, hard-working man who deserves their support.
4. What assurance does Deacon Simms give Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
(a) He assures them that not only will Jim Weston be cleared, but they may get a new mayor.
(b) He assures them that Jim Weston will get the punishment he deserves.
(c) He assures them that the trial will be quick and fair.
(d) He assures them that they will both get a chance to testify at the trial.
5. What time is Jim Weston's trial scheduled to begin?
(b) Three o'clock.
(c) Four o'clock.
(d) Seven o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do some women challenge Joe Clarke's involvement in Jim Weston's trial?
2. Which of the following best describes Teets Miiller and Bootsie Pitts?
3. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
4. What color shirt is Dave Carter wearing?
5. What does Sister Thomas think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)