|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men in front of the store react to Deacon Simms' arrival?
(a) They try to ignore him, hoping that he will go away.
(b) They begin to harass and verbally assault him.
(c) They quickly hide their games and their winnings.
(d) They welcome him to join their poker game.
2. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
(a) Dave Carter.
(b) Deacon Simms.
(c) Marshal Lum Boger.
(d) Joe Clarke.
3. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
(a) She says that she is not interested in either.
(b) She says she prefers Dave Carter.
(c) She says she prefers Jim Weston.
(d) She will not say who she would choose.
4. According to Sister Taylor, what will ruin a person's eyesight?
(a) Reading without enough light.
(b) Gossiping about neighbors.
(c) Handling a mule bone.
(d) Having one's eye teeth pulled out.
5. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
(a) They are friendly toward one another.
(b) They work together to fight corruption.
(c) They do not agree on many ideas and do not get along.
(d) They are beginning to learn how to accept one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sister Taylor doubt that the girl's mother will influence the girl?
2. What explanation does Deacon Lindsay give to explain why he doesn't want to talk to Sister Taylor?
3. According to Sister Taylor, how ugly is Deacon Lindsay?
4. Which of the following best describes Teets Miiller and Bootsie Pitts?
5. Which of the following best describes Sister Taylor's position about Daisy's involvement in the fight between Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)