|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
(a) They playfully criticize each other to try to impress Daisy.
(b) They are both too nervous to say anything.
(c) They begin to push and shove each other.
(d) They immediately break into song.
2. For what does Sister Taylor chastise the children in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) For teasing the Methodist children.
(b) For not including everyone in their games.
(c) For getting in the way of the adults' work.
(d) For not going to church on Sunday.
3. Why does Jim Weston jump up to fight Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) His pride is hurt and he wants to fight to defend his honor.
(b) He is jealous and wants to fight for Daisy's love.
(c) Dave Carter steps on his foot when he leaves the store.
(d) He think that Dave Carter is laughing at him.
4. Where is Jim Weston held until his trial?
(a) Under house arrest.
(b) In Joe Clarke's barn.
(c) In the store's cellar.
(d) In the church basement.
5. Why does Joe Clarke chase away the children who are playing in front of the store?
(a) They are noisy, and he cannot concentrate on his game.
(b) The children almost broke a window in his store.
(c) It is getting late and their parents will expect them home.
(d) He does not really like children.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sister Taylor, what is Joe Clarke trying to look like as he heads to the trial?
2. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
3. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
4. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
5. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)