|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Deacon Simms, what kind of day is it in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) It is a windy day.
(b) It is a hot day.
(c) It is a cloudy day.
(d) It is a chilly day.
2. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
(a) Marshal Lum Boger.
(b) Dave Carter.
(c) Joe Clarke.
(d) Deacon Simms.
3. Where is the notice of Jim Weston's trial displayed?
(a) It is not posted; everyone just knows about it.
(b) It is posted on both church doors.
(c) It is posted in Joe Clarke's store.
(d) It is tacked to a big oak tree in town.
4. What evidence does Joe Clarke offer to support his accusation of JIm Weston?
(a) He says he just looks like the type of guy who would do such a thing.
(b) He says he always behaves suspiciously.
(c) He says he has seen odd-shaped bulges in his coat pockets.
(d) He says he has heard that he buries a lot of feathers in his back yard.
5. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
(a) They do not agree on many ideas and do not get along.
(b) They are friendly toward one another.
(c) They are beginning to learn how to accept one another.
(d) They work together to fight corruption.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
2. According to Sister Taylor, how ugly is Deacon Lindsay?
3. What does Sister Taylor say she would do with Daisy if she were her mother?
4. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
5. How do the men in front of the store react to Deacon Simms' arrival?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)