|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Sister Taylor chastise the children in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) For getting in the way of the adults' work.
(b) For not including everyone in their games.
(c) For not going to church on Sunday.
(d) For teasing the Methodist children.
2. What instrument does Jim Weston play?
(a) The fiddle.
(b) The harmonica.
(c) The guitar.
(d) The accordion.
3. According to Deacon Simms, what kind of day is it in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) It is a cloudy day.
(b) It is a hot day.
(c) It is a chilly day.
(d) It is a windy day.
4. Of what, in addition to assault, does Joe Clarke suggest that Jim Weston is guilty?
(a) Of stealing from his store.
(b) Of mistreating women.
(c) Of being ungodly and not attending church.
(d) Of stealing his chickens.
5. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
(a) The jail will provide some much-needed jobs.
(b) The town is full of lawlessness.
(c) The church basement is overcrowded with prisoners.
(d) The jail will bring in government money.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
2. What is Mary Ella's criticism about the Methodist Church?
3. What does Sister Taylor say she would do with Daisy if she were her mother?
4. What name does Sister Taylor call the girl who sasses back at her?
5. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)