|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave Carter buy for Daisy?
(a) Some kettle corn.
(b) A red soda.
(c) An ice cream cone.
(d) Cotton candy.
2. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
(a) The jail will bring in government money.
(b) The town is full of lawlessness.
(c) The jail will provide some much-needed jobs.
(d) The church basement is overcrowded with prisoners.
3. Why does Daisy come to the store?
(a) She needs to buy some stamps.
(b) She wants to challenge the men to a high-stakes poker game.
(c) She wants to show off her new dress for all of the men.
(d) She needs to pick up some items for her mother.
4. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He was supposed to be playing the fiddle.
(b) He accuses him of not listening and not appreciating his music.
(c) He accuses him of being unfair and taking advantage of the situation.
(d) He thinks he is mocking him.
5. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
(a) He says that they need to put out traps for them and relocate the snakes.
(b) He says they need to hold a prayer service to drive the snakes out of the area.
(c) He says they need to cut down the weeds around town.
(d) He says that they should leave them alone since even snakes serve God's purpose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence does Joe Clarke offer to support his accusation of JIm Weston?
2. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
3. What is Mary Ella's criticism about the Methodist Church?
4. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
5. What explanation does Deacon Lindsay give to explain why he doesn't want to talk to Sister Taylor?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)