|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daisy come to the store?
(a) She needs to buy some stamps.
(b) She needs to pick up some items for her mother.
(c) She wants to challenge the men to a high-stakes poker game.
(d) She wants to show off her new dress for all of the men.
2. How does Joe Clarke defend himself against Sisters Taylor and Thomas when he arrives at the trial?
(a) He says he is not choosing sides; he only wants justice.
(b) He says he understands their concerns, but he will not become a Baptist.
(c) He says they should all learn to look past their differences and get along with others.
(d) He says he does not have to answer to anyone, especially to women.
3. What explanation does Deacon Lindsay give to explain why he doesn't want to talk to Sister Taylor?
(a) He is too busy and on his way to work.
(b) He says she is too ugly.
(c) He heard that she has been gossiping about him.
(d) She is a Baptist and he does not speak to Baptists.
4. On what errand does Joe Clarke send Lum Boger?
(a) To get the gavel.
(b) To work at the store during the trial.
(c) To get the witnesses.
(d) To get Jim Weston and the mule bone from the barn.
5. Who is Joe Clarke?
(a) He is the Baptist minister.
(b) He is one of the men in love with Daisy.
(c) He is the owner of the general store and the mayor of the town.
(d) He is the Methodist minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Taylor suggest that changes Sister Jones' mind about testifying?
2. According to Sister Taylor, how ugly is Deacon Lindsay?
3. According to Deacon Simms, what kind of day is it in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Joe Clarke realize that he needs to get from the lodge room before he goes to the trial?
5. What does Sister Thomas repeatedly say she needs to do before the trial?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)