|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
(a) They suddenly become very formal and well-mannered.
(b) No one speaks to her, but they all stare at her.
(c) They flirt with Daisy and ask her to reveal which man she prefer, Jim or Dave.
(d) They are embarrassed to speak to her.
2. According to Sister Taylor, what is Joe Clarke trying to look like as he heads to the trial?
(a) Like a Supreme Court justice.
(b) Like a brigadier general.
(c) Like a big-city lawyer.
(d) Like a Puritan governor.
3. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
(a) The noise of the crowd.
(b) Their yelling at each other.
(c) Daisy runs into the store to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
(d) Deacon Simms runs in to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
4. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
(a) Marshal Lum Boger.
(b) Joe Clarke.
(c) Dave Carter.
(d) Deacon Simms.
5. Why does Jim Weston begin to play music?
(a) One of the men at the store requests a song.
(b) When he is nervous, he plays music.
(c) Daisy asks him to play for her.
(d) It is the only way he can express his love for Daisy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas respond to Reverend Childers' greeting?
2. What does Sister Taylor do to end the argument with the sassy young girl?
3. Who is Joe Clarke?
4. On whose side is Joe Clarke in the matter of Jim Weston?
5. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)