|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
(a) He accuses Jim Weston of being an inferior musician.
(b) He punches Jim Weston in the stomach.
(c) He apologizes to his friend.
(d) He ignores him and escorts Daisy into the store so he can buy her a treat.
2. What does Sister Taylor say she would do with Daisy if she were her mother?
(a) She says she would send her back North to get her away from the men.
(b) She says she would beat her for acting like a tramp.
(c) She says she would not allow her out of the house.
(d) She says she would put her out of the house and let her support herself.
3. What color shirt is Dave Carter wearing?
(b) The text does not reveal the color.
4. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They were at Daisy's house.
(b) They have been out working in the fields all day.
(c) They have been working up North at a white-owned factory.
(d) They have been playing music at a whites-only club.
5. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
(a) They are embarrassed to speak to her.
(b) They flirt with Daisy and ask her to reveal which man she prefer, Jim or Dave.
(c) No one speaks to her, but they all stare at her.
(d) They suddenly become very formal and well-mannered.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
2. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How do the children react to Sister Taylor's reprimands?
4. On whose side is Joe Clarke in the matter of Jim Weston?
5. What does Sister Taylor think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)