|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the Baptist position on Jim Weston's guilt?
(a) They believe that he is innocent and should be released.
(b) They believe that he should be expelled from the town.
(c) They believe that he and Dave Carter should resolve the issue themselves.
(d) They believe that he should be imprisoned for at least a year.
2. What does Sister Taylor think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
(a) She suggests that Mrs. Blunt does not care because she has not raised Daisy properly anyway.
(b) She suggests that Mrs. Blunt must be angry about Daisy's behavior.
(c) She suggests that Mrs. Blunt must be embarrassed by all of the attention.
(d) She suggests that Mrs. Blunt is a strong woman who will not let the trouble get to her.
3. How does Joe Clarke defend himself against Sisters Taylor and Thomas when he arrives at the trial?
(a) He says they should all learn to look past their differences and get along with others.
(b) He says he is not choosing sides; he only wants justice.
(c) He says he understands their concerns, but he will not become a Baptist.
(d) He says he does not have to answer to anyone, especially to women.
4. What does Sister Taylor call the Baptist children?
(a) "Devil's chillen."
(b) "You all varmints."
(c) "Lil Baptis' Haitians."
(d) "Limbs of Satan."
5. What does Dave Carter do after Jim Weston hits him?
(a) Falls unconscious.
(b) Staggers away, supported by Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms.
(c) Shakes his head and walks back out of town.
(d) Staggers away, supported by Daisy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the notice of Jim Weston's trial displayed?
2. What does Sister Taylor suggest that changes Sister Jones' mind about testifying?
3. What complaint does Joe Clarke make about Lum Boger?
4. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
5. Why does Joe Lindsay bring the mule bone to the store?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)