|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They have been playing music at a whites-only club.
(b) They have been out working in the fields all day.
(c) They have been working up North at a white-owned factory.
(d) They were at Daisy's house.
2. Which two characters are the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Sister Lucy Taylor and Sister Thomas
(b) Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts
(c) Sister Jane Babler and Sister James
(d) Jim Weston and Joe Clarke
3. With what does Jim Weston hit Dave Carter?
(a) His fist.
(b) A mule bone.
(c) A broken soda bottle.
(d) A chair from the porch.
4. Of what, in addition to assault, does Joe Clarke suggest that Jim Weston is guilty?
(a) Of stealing his chickens.
(b) Of stealing from his store.
(c) Of mistreating women.
(d) Of being ungodly and not attending church.
5. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
(a) Daisy runs into the store to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
(b) Deacon Simms runs in to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
(c) Their yelling at each other.
(d) The noise of the crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Deacon Lindsay respond to Sister Taylor's and Sister Thomas' actions in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Sister Taylor think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
3. How do the children react to Sister Taylor's reprimands?
4. What name does Sister Taylor call the girl who sasses back at her?
5. Which of the following best describes Teets Miiller and Bootsie Pitts?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)