|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
(a) They are both too nervous to say anything.
(b) They playfully criticize each other to try to impress Daisy.
(c) They immediately break into song.
(d) They begin to push and shove each other.
2. From which mule did the bone originally come?
(a) The mule that escaped from Will Cody's pasture.
(b) No one knows.
(c) Lum Boger's old mule.
(d) Matt Brazzle's mean mule.
3. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
(b) Red rover.
(c) Chick-me, chick-me, cranie-crow.
4. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
(a) Their yelling at each other.
(b) Deacon Simms runs in to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
(c) The noise of the crowd.
(d) Daisy runs into the store to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
5. Why does Joe Clarke chase away the children who are playing in front of the store?
(a) They are noisy, and he cannot concentrate on his game.
(b) It is getting late and their parents will expect them home.
(c) The children almost broke a window in his store.
(d) He does not really like children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men in front of the store react to Deacon Simms' arrival?
2. How do the men at the store react to Mrs. Roberts' plight?
3. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. With what does Jim Weston hit Dave Carter?
5. Why does Sister Taylor doubt that the girl's mother will influence the girl?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)