|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
(a) It is his good luck charm, so he never leaves home without it.
(b) He says he found it while he was hunting.
(c) He says he found it behind the store.
(d) He always carries it with him when he walks to town in order to fight off stray dogs.
2. Why does Sister Jones say she won't testify for Jim Weston?
(a) She says she does not care what happens; she does not like Jim Weston or Dave Carter.
(b) She says she does not know enough about the fight.
(c) Her husband will not let her speak in court.
(d) She likes Dave Carter more and believes that he did not deserve to be beaten.
3. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
(a) Deacon Simms.
(c) Marshal Lum Boger.
(d) Joe Clarke.
4. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
(a) He needs to return it to Matt Brazzle.
(b) He needs it for evidence at the trial.
(c) He needs to return it to Joe Lindsay.
(d) He wants to make sure that no one else uses it as a weapon.
5. Which of the following best describes the Baptist position on Jim Weston's guilt?
(a) They believe that he should be imprisoned for at least a year.
(b) They believe that he and Dave Carter should resolve the issue themselves.
(c) They believe that he should be expelled from the town.
(d) They believe that he is innocent and should be released.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe Clarke defend himself against Sisters Taylor and Thomas when he arrives at the trial?
2. Where is Jim Weston held until his trial?
3. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
4. What does Sister Thomas repeatedly say she needs to do before the trial?
5. What does Sister Thomas do after Reverend Childers and his group enter?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)