|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
(a) The town is full of lawlessness.
(b) The church basement is overcrowded with prisoners.
(c) The jail will bring in government money.
(d) The jail will provide some much-needed jobs.
2. What does Joe Clarke realize that he needs to get from the lodge room before he goes to the trial?
(a) The gavel.
(b) His judge's robe.
(c) The list of charges.
(d) The evidence.
3. What does Sister Taylor call the Baptist children?
(a) "Limbs of Satan."
(b) "Devil's chillen."
(c) "You all varmints."
(d) "Lil Baptis' Haitians."
4. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She hears Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music,
(b) She is coming in to work her shift at the store.
(c) She left her pocketbook at the store.
(d) She forgot to pick something up for her mother.
5. Which of the following best describes Teets Miiller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They are demure and shy.
(b) They dress up and come to the store only to show off for the men.
(c) Men are attracted to them because of their dependability and modesty.
(d) They are tomboys who want to be included in the boys' games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Thomas do after Reverend Childers and his group enter?
2. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
3. What does Sister Thomas think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
4. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
5. What time is Jim Weston's trial scheduled to begin?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)