|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Taylor call the Baptist children?
(a) "You all varmints."
(b) "Limbs of Satan."
(c) "Lil Baptis' Haitians."
(d) "Devil's chillen."
2. According to Deacon Simms, what kind of day is it in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) It is a chilly day.
(b) It is a windy day.
(c) It is a cloudy day.
(d) It is a hot day.
3. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
(a) They are beginning to learn how to accept one another.
(b) They are friendly toward one another.
(c) They work together to fight corruption.
(d) They do not agree on many ideas and do not get along.
4. Why does Jim Weston jump up to fight Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) His pride is hurt and he wants to fight to defend his honor.
(b) Dave Carter steps on his foot when he leaves the store.
(c) He think that Dave Carter is laughing at him.
(d) He is jealous and wants to fight for Daisy's love.
5. On what errand does Joe Clarke send Lum Boger?
(a) To get Jim Weston and the mule bone from the barn.
(b) To get the witnesses.
(c) To get the gavel.
(d) To work at the store during the trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary Ella's criticism about the Methodist Church?
2. What does Sister Taylor do to end the argument with the sassy young girl?
3. How do the men in front of the store react to Deacon Simms' arrival?
4. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
5. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)