|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what errand does Joe Clarke send Lum Boger?
(a) To work at the store during the trial.
(b) To get Jim Weston and the mule bone from the barn.
(c) To get the witnesses.
(d) To get the gavel.
2. Which of the following best describes the Baptist position on Jim Weston's guilt?
(a) They believe that he should be imprisoned for at least a year.
(b) They believe that he should be expelled from the town.
(c) They believe that he and Dave Carter should resolve the issue themselves.
(d) They believe that he is innocent and should be released.
3. Why does Jim Weston begin to play music?
(a) One of the men at the store requests a song.
(b) When he is nervous, he plays music.
(c) Daisy asks him to play for her.
(d) It is the only way he can express his love for Daisy.
4. When the fighting children enter, what does Sister Taylor look for, and what does she intend to do with it?
(a) She looks for another adult to help back her up.
(b) She looks for an easy exit so she can get away from the children.
(c) She looks for a rock to throw at the children.
(d) She looks for a stick with which she can hit the children.
5. What does Deacon Simms say he will use as his legal reference during the trial?
(a) He says he will use the Bible, from beginning to end.
(b) He says he will use the law books that he borrowed from the library.
(c) He says he will use his own legal knowledge and experience.
(d) He says he will use the evidence and let that speak for itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Sister Taylor call the girl who sasses back at her?
2. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
3. What do the men at the store begin to talk about after Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive?
4. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
5. What does Dave Carter do after Jim Weston hits him?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)