|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Taylor suggest that changes Sister Jones' mind about testifying?
(a) She assures her that everyone else in town will be testifying, so she should join in.
(b) She says that the issue is not about Jim Weston, but about defending themselves from the Baptists.
(c) She convinces her that it is their civic responsibility to testify.
(d) She convinces her that Jim Weston is really an honest, hard-working man who deserves their support.
2. Which of the following best describes the children's journey to the church?
(a) The Baptist children decide to go first, and the Methodist children follow.
(b) Both the Baptist and the Methodist children are pushing and fighting to get there first.
(c) They all race the whole way there to see who will arrive first.
(d) The Methodist children go first, and the Baptist children follow.
3. What does Sister Thomas repeatedly say she needs to do before the trial?
(a) Hang her laundry.
(b) Finish washing her dishes.
(c) Put the collard greens on to cook.
(d) Change her clothes.
4. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
(a) She is not really interested in music.
(b) She likes it.
(c) She refuses to comment.
(d) She does not like the kind of music they play.
5. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
(c) Red rover.
(d) Chick-me, chick-me, cranie-crow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe Lindsay bring the mule bone to the store?
2. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
3. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
4. What explanation does Deacon Lindsay give to explain why he doesn't want to talk to Sister Taylor?
5. Where is Jim Weston held until his trial?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)