|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe Clarke defend himself against Sisters Taylor and Thomas when he arrives at the trial?
(a) He says they should all learn to look past their differences and get along with others.
(b) He says he is not choosing sides; he only wants justice.
(c) He says he does not have to answer to anyone, especially to women.
(d) He says he understands their concerns, but he will not become a Baptist.
2. On whose side is Joe Clarke in the matter of Jim Weston?
(a) He supports the Baptist position even though he is a Methodist.
(b) He believes that Jim Weston should be forgiven but should make restitution.
(c) He is swayed by both sides of the argument and seems unable to make up his mind.
(d) He is impartial and approaches his role as a fair judge.
3. What does Deacon Simms say he will use as his legal reference during the trial?
(a) He says he will use the law books that he borrowed from the library.
(b) He says he will use the evidence and let that speak for itself.
(c) He says he will use his own legal knowledge and experience.
(d) He says he will use the Bible, from beginning to end.
4. What color shirt is Dave Carter wearing?
(b) The text does not reveal the color.
5. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
(a) They do not agree on many ideas and do not get along.
(b) They are beginning to learn how to accept one another.
(c) They are friendly toward one another.
(d) They work together to fight corruption.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
3. Where is Deaconr Simms headed when he meets Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
4. What does Sister Taylor say she would do with Daisy if she were her mother?
5. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)