|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what crime is Jim Weston being tried?
(a) Possession of an illegal weapon.
(b) Assault and battery.
(c) Disorderly conduct.
(d) Attempted murder.
2. Who is Joe Clarke?
(a) He is the Baptist minister.
(b) He is one of the men in love with Daisy.
(c) He is the Methodist minister.
(d) He is the owner of the general store and the mayor of the town.
3. According to Sister Taylor, what is Joe Clarke trying to look like as he heads to the trial?
(a) Like a brigadier general.
(b) Like a big-city lawyer.
(c) Like a Puritan governor.
(d) Like a Supreme Court justice.
4. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
(a) Deacon Simms.
(b) Marshal Lum Boger.
(c) Dave Carter.
(d) Joe Clarke.
5. What does Dave Carter buy for Daisy?
(a) A red soda.
(b) Cotton candy.
(c) Some kettle corn.
(d) An ice cream cone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms doing when Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive at the store?
2. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
3. What explanation does Sister Thomas offer to explain Joe Clarke's decisions regarding the trial?
4. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
5. Why does Joe Lindsay bring the mule bone to the store?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)