|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men at the store begin to talk about after Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive?
(a) They talk about the weather and how it will affect the harvest.
(b) They return to talking about the town's snake problem.
(c) They talk about who will win Daisy's heart.
(d) They go back to arguing about whether the town needs a jail.
2. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
(a) She does not like the kind of music they play.
(b) She is not really interested in music.
(c) She likes it.
(d) She refuses to comment.
3. What time is Jim Weston's trial scheduled to begin?
(a) Four o'clock.
(b) Three o'clock.
(c) Seven o'clock.
4. Where is Deaconr Simms headed when he meets Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
(a) He is looking for the evidence that will free Jim Weston.
(b) He is going to speak to Jim Weston before the trial.
(c) He is looking for Joe Clarke so the he can discuss the trial process.
(d) He is headed to the Baptist church to prepare for the trial.
5. Why does Jim Weston jump up to fight Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Dave Carter steps on his foot when he leaves the store.
(b) He think that Dave Carter is laughing at him.
(c) He is jealous and wants to fight for Daisy's love.
(d) His pride is hurt and he wants to fight to defend his honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sister Taylor doubt that the girl's mother will influence the girl?
2. How has Daisy's return to town affected Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
3. When the fighting children enter, what does Sister Taylor look for, and what does she intend to do with it?
4. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
5. Where is Jim Weston held until his trial?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)