|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
(a) Jim Weston causes Dave Carter to spill red soda all over his shirt.
(b) Jim Weston breaks his nose.
(c) Jim Weston makes a rude comment about Dave Carter's mother.
(d) Jim Weston accidentally hits Daisy when he swings at Dave.Carter.
2. What does Joe Clarke realize that he needs to get from the lodge room before he goes to the trial?
(a) The list of charges.
(b) The evidence.
(c) His judge's robe.
(d) The gavel.
3. What explanation does Deacon Lindsay give to explain why he doesn't want to talk to Sister Taylor?
(a) She is a Baptist and he does not speak to Baptists.
(b) He heard that she has been gossiping about him.
(c) He is too busy and on his way to work.
(d) He says she is too ugly.
4. What color shirt is Dave Carter wearing?
(b) The text does not reveal the color.
5. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They have been working up North at a white-owned factory.
(b) They have been playing music at a whites-only club.
(c) They were at Daisy's house.
(d) They have been out working in the fields all day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
2. How does Joe Clarke defend himself against Sisters Taylor and Thomas when he arrives at the trial?
3. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
4. What does Sister Thomas do after Reverend Childers and his group enter?
5. Why does Jim Weston begin to play music?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)