|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Deacon Lindsay give to explain why he doesn't want to talk to Sister Taylor?
(a) She is a Baptist and he does not speak to Baptists.
(b) He is too busy and on his way to work.
(c) He says she is too ugly.
(d) He heard that she has been gossiping about him.
2. What does Sister Thomas repeatedly say she needs to do before the trial?
(a) Change her clothes.
(b) Hang her laundry.
(c) Finish washing her dishes.
(d) Put the collard greens on to cook.
3. What does Sister Taylor say she would do with Daisy if she were her mother?
(a) She says she would beat her for acting like a tramp.
(b) She says she would not allow her out of the house.
(c) She says she would send her back North to get her away from the men.
(d) She says she would put her out of the house and let her support herself.
4. When will Jim Weston's trial begin?
(a) In two weeks.
(b) In a month.
(c) The text does not state how long it will be until his trial.
(d) On Monday.
5. According to Sister Taylor, what will be the cause of the next trial?
(a) Daisy will be on trial for causing all of the turmoil in town.
(b) Deacon Lindsay will be on trial for beating a woman.
(c) She will be on trial for beating other people's children.
(d) She will be on trial for beating some of the Baptists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the notice of Jim Weston's trial displayed?
2. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
3. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
4. What part of Joe Clarke's appearance does Sister Thomas criticize?
5. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)