|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
(a) She was away at college.
(b) She was in prison for a suspicious accident.
(c) No one knows where she has been.
(d) She was in the North working for a white family.
2. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
(a) They work together to fight corruption.
(b) They do not agree on many ideas and do not get along.
(c) They are friendly toward one another.
(d) They are beginning to learn how to accept one another.
3. As the evening progresses, what games do the men on the porch play?
(a) They play Scrabble.
(b) They play hangman.
(c) They alternate between cards and playing checkers.
(d) They shoot dice.
4. What name does Sister Taylor call the girl who sasses back at her?
(a) A "limb of Satan."
(b) A "truck o' trouble."
(c) A "Satan's chile."
(d) A "little heifer."
5. How does Joe Clarke defend himself against Sisters Taylor and Thomas when he arrives at the trial?
(a) He says they should all learn to look past their differences and get along with others.
(b) He says he does not have to answer to anyone, especially to women.
(c) He says he is not choosing sides; he only wants justice.
(d) He says he understands their concerns, but he will not become a Baptist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
2. Which of the following best describes Teets Miiller and Bootsie Pitts?
3. What is Mary Ella's criticism about the Methodist Church?
4. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)