|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas greet Joe Clarke when he arrives at the trial?
(a) They criticize him for taking the Baptist side of the argument.
(b) They ignore him and do not speak to him at all.
(c) They ask to pray with him for a peaceful resolution to the trial.
(d) They wish him luck.
2. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
(a) She was in prison for a suspicious accident.
(b) No one knows where she has been.
(c) She was in the North working for a white family.
(d) She was away at college.
3. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
(a) He ignores him and escorts Daisy into the store so he can buy her a treat.
(b) He accuses Jim Weston of being an inferior musician.
(c) He apologizes to his friend.
(d) He punches Jim Weston in the stomach.
4. Where is the notice of Jim Weston's trial displayed?
(a) It is tacked to a big oak tree in town.
(b) It is posted in Joe Clarke's store.
(c) It is not posted; everyone just knows about it.
(d) It is posted on both church doors.
5. According to Sister Taylor, what will ruin a person's eyesight?
(a) Gossiping about neighbors.
(b) Reading without enough light.
(c) Handling a mule bone.
(d) Having one's eye teeth pulled out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
2. How does Joe Clarke defend himself against Sisters Taylor and Thomas when he arrives at the trial?
3. How do the children react to Sister Taylor's reprimands?
4. What explanation does Sister Thomas offer to explain Joe Clarke's decisions regarding the trial?
5. What does Sister Thomas repeatedly say she needs to do before the trial?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)