|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Jim Weston play?
(a) The fiddle.
(b) The guitar.
(c) The harmonica.
(d) The accordion.
2. What time is Jim Weston's trial scheduled to begin?
(a) Three o'clock.
(b) Seven o'clock.
(d) Four o'clock.
3. How do the children react to Sister Taylor's reprimands?
(a) They tease her and shake themselves at her.
(b) They say nothing, but look sheepish and wander away.
(c) They quiet down, but continue with their fighting after she leaves.
(d) They apologize and head home.
4. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She left her pocketbook at the store.
(b) She forgot to pick something up for her mother.
(c) She hears Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music,
(d) She is coming in to work her shift at the store.
5. What does Sister Taylor think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
(a) She suggests that Mrs. Blunt must be embarrassed by all of the attention.
(b) She suggests that Mrs. Blunt must be angry about Daisy's behavior.
(c) She suggests that Mrs. Blunt does not care because she has not raised Daisy properly anyway.
(d) She suggests that Mrs. Blunt is a strong woman who will not let the trouble get to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Sister Taylor chastise the children in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What name does Sister Taylor call the girl who sasses back at her?
3. How does Joe Clarke defend himself against Sisters Taylor and Thomas when he arrives at the trial?
4. According to Sister Taylor, what is Joe Clarke trying to look like as he heads to the trial?
5. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)