|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the children react to Sister Taylor's reprimands?
(a) They quiet down, but continue with their fighting after she leaves.
(b) They apologize and head home.
(c) They say nothing, but look sheepish and wander away.
(d) They tease her and shake themselves at her.
2. What assurance does Deacon Simms give Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
(a) He assures them that the trial will be quick and fair.
(b) He assures them that they will both get a chance to testify at the trial.
(c) He assures them that Jim Weston will get the punishment he deserves.
(d) He assures them that not only will Jim Weston be cleared, but they may get a new mayor.
3. For what crime is Jim Weston being tried?
(a) Possession of an illegal weapon.
(b) Attempted murder.
(c) Assault and battery.
(d) Disorderly conduct.
4. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
(a) Joe Clarke.
(c) Marshal Lum Boger.
(d) Deacon Simms.
5. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas greet Joe Clarke when he arrives at the trial?
(a) They ignore him and do not speak to him at all.
(b) They criticize him for taking the Baptist side of the argument.
(c) They wish him luck.
(d) They ask to pray with him for a peaceful resolution to the trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary Ella's criticism about the Methodist Church?
2. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
3. According to Deacon Simms, what kind of day is it in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. With what does Jim Weston hit Dave Carter?
5. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)