|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the Baptist position on Jim Weston's guilt?
(a) They believe that he and Dave Carter should resolve the issue themselves.
(b) They believe that he should be expelled from the town.
(c) They believe that he should be imprisoned for at least a year.
(d) They believe that he is innocent and should be released.
2. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
(a) They are friendly toward one another.
(b) They work together to fight corruption.
(c) They are beginning to learn how to accept one another.
(d) They do not agree on many ideas and do not get along.
3. What does Sister Taylor suggest that changes Sister Jones' mind about testifying?
(a) She convinces her that Jim Weston is really an honest, hard-working man who deserves their support.
(b) She says that the issue is not about Jim Weston, but about defending themselves from the Baptists.
(c) She assures her that everyone else in town will be testifying, so she should join in.
(d) She convinces her that it is their civic responsibility to testify.
4. Which two characters are the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Sister Jane Babler and Sister James
(b) Jim Weston and Joe Clarke
(c) Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts
(d) Sister Lucy Taylor and Sister Thomas
5. Where is the notice of Jim Weston's trial displayed?
(a) It is tacked to a big oak tree in town.
(b) It is posted on both church doors.
(c) It is not posted; everyone just knows about it.
(d) It is posted in Joe Clarke's store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
2. What does Sister Taylor think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
3. Why does Sister Jones say she won't testify for Jim Weston?
4. What explanation does Deacon Lindsay give to explain why he doesn't want to talk to Sister Taylor?
5. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)