|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what errand does Joe Clarke send Lum Boger?
(a) To get the gavel.
(b) To work at the store during the trial.
(c) To get the witnesses.
(d) To get Jim Weston and the mule bone from the barn.
2. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
(a) He wants to make sure that no one else uses it as a weapon.
(b) He needs it for evidence at the trial.
(c) He needs to return it to Matt Brazzle.
(d) He needs to return it to Joe Lindsay.
3. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
(a) He is afraid of Mr. Roberts, who has warned him against giving food to her.
(b) He believes that she has enough food.
(c) They have a longstanding feud.
(d) The meat is not very good quality.
4. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
(a) She was in the North working for a white family.
(b) No one knows where she has been.
(c) She was away at college.
(d) She was in prison for a suspicious accident.
5. What does Sister Taylor say she would do with Daisy if she were her mother?
(a) She says she would put her out of the house and let her support herself.
(b) She says she would not allow her out of the house.
(c) She says she would beat her for acting like a tramp.
(d) She says she would send her back North to get her away from the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the notice of Jim Weston's trial displayed?
2. According to Sister Taylor, what will be the cause of the next trial?
3. Which of the following best describes the children's journey to the church?
4. Who is Joe Clarke?
5. According to Deacon Lindsay, what does Sister Taylor smell like?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)