|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sister Taylor doubt that the girl's mother will influence the girl?
(a) She knows that the mother tries but has no control over the daughter.
(b) She says the girl's mother does not behave any better than the daughter.
(c) She knows that the girl only listens to her father.
(d) She says that a child that mean will not listen to anyone.
2. Which of the following best describes Sister Taylor's position about Daisy's involvement in the fight between Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
(a) Sister Taylor believes that Daisy caused it by showing off and teasing the men.
(b) Sister Taylor believes that men are responsible for their own actions.
(c) Sister Taylor believes that the two men would fight about any girl.
(d) Sister Taylor believes that Daisy is innocent; it is not her fault that men find her attractive.
3. Of what, in addition to assault, does Joe Clarke suggest that Jim Weston is guilty?
(a) Of mistreating women.
(b) Of stealing from his store.
(c) Of being ungodly and not attending church.
(d) Of stealing his chickens.
4. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
(a) He goes into the store to shop.
(b) He dances, eventually dancing with Daisy.
(c) He joins in by singing.
(d) He wanders off to play poker.
5. What name does Sister Taylor call the girl who sasses back at her?
(a) A "truck o' trouble."
(b) A "limb of Satan."
(c) A "Satan's chile."
(d) A "little heifer."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe Clarke defend himself against Sisters Taylor and Thomas when he arrives at the trial?
2. What color shirt is Dave Carter wearing?
3. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
4. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. With what does Jim Weston hit Dave Carter?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)