|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which mule did the bone originally come?
(a) Matt Brazzle's mean mule.
(b) Lum Boger's old mule.
(c) No one knows.
(d) The mule that escaped from Will Cody's pasture.
2. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
(a) They are embarrassed to speak to her.
(b) They suddenly become very formal and well-mannered.
(c) They flirt with Daisy and ask her to reveal which man she prefer, Jim or Dave.
(d) No one speaks to her, but they all stare at her.
3. How does Deacon Lindsay respond to Sister Taylor's and Sister Thomas' actions in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He extends his hand and asks for a reconciliation.
(b) He gets angry and wants to know why they aren't speaking.
(c) He laughs because he thinks they are behaving like children.
(d) He is offended and turns to leave.
4. For what does Sister Taylor chastise the children in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) For getting in the way of the adults' work.
(b) For not going to church on Sunday.
(c) For not including everyone in their games.
(d) For teasing the Methodist children.
5. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
(a) They are messengers of the devil and represent evil.
(b) He can never tell the difference between venomous and non-venomous snakes.
(c) They are the only creature of which he is afraid.
(d) The snakes keep eating his chicks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
2. Who is Joe Clarke?
3. Which of the following best describes the Baptist position on Jim Weston's guilt?
4. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
5. What instrument does Jim Weston play?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)