|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She forgot to pick something up for her mother.
(b) She left her pocketbook at the store.
(c) She hears Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music,
(d) She is coming in to work her shift at the store.
2. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
(a) He is offended and argues.
(b) He isn't sure, but agrees to bring it up at the next town meeting.
(c) He agrees and wants to hear more.
(d) He laughs because he thinks it must be a joke.
3. What does Deacon Simms discuss after he moves beyond the subject of snakes?
(a) He begins to preach about changes that the town needs.
(b) He wants to talk about making improvements to the town's school.
(c) He begins to gossip about Daisy Blunt.
(d) He wants to know what the men think about Mrs. Roberts.
4. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
(a) He is afraid of Mr. Roberts, who has warned him against giving food to her.
(b) They have a longstanding feud.
(c) The meat is not very good quality.
(d) He believes that she has enough food.
5. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
(a) Deacon Simms.
(b) Dave Carter.
(c) Joe Clarke.
(d) Marshal Lum Boger.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will Jim Weston's trial begin?
2. How do the men in front of the store react to Deacon Simms' arrival?
3. Where is Jim Weston held until his trial?
4. Which of the following best describes Teets Miiller and Bootsie Pitts?
5. Who is Joe Clarke?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)