|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
(a) He says he found it while he was hunting.
(b) He always carries it with him when he walks to town in order to fight off stray dogs.
(c) It is his good luck charm, so he never leaves home without it.
(d) He says he found it behind the store.
2. How do the men at the store react to Mrs. Roberts' plight?
(a) They offer to help her home with her groceries.
(b) They are all happy that none of them is married to her.
(c) They are embarrassed by her presence and ignore her.
(d) They all feel sorry for her and offer her money.
3. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
(a) Their religion requires that he take care of the poor.
(b) He owes her money for some eggs that she traded.
(c) Her husband doesn't provide enough for her and her children.
(d) He gave meat to her neighbor, so it is only fair that he do the same for her.
4. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
(a) Jim Weston breaks his nose.
(b) Jim Weston causes Dave Carter to spill red soda all over his shirt.
(c) Jim Weston accidentally hits Daisy when he swings at Dave.Carter.
(d) Jim Weston makes a rude comment about Dave Carter's mother.
5. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He was supposed to be playing the fiddle.
(b) He accuses him of being unfair and taking advantage of the situation.
(c) He thinks he is mocking him.
(d) He accuses him of not listening and not appreciating his music.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men in front of the store react to Deacon Simms' arrival?
2. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
3. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
4. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
5. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)