|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
(a) He needs it for evidence at the trial.
(b) He needs to return it to Joe Lindsay.
(c) He needs to return it to Matt Brazzle.
(d) He wants to make sure that no one else uses it as a weapon.
2. What does Dave Carter buy for Daisy?
(a) Cotton candy.
(b) Some kettle corn.
(c) A red soda.
(d) An ice cream cone.
3. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
(a) He needs the town to maintain a positive reputation so that he can sell his property for a profit.
(b) He was born and raised there.
(c) It's the only place that he's ever lived.
(d) He put up the money to purchase and develop the land.
4. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She hears Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music,
(b) She forgot to pick something up for her mother.
(c) She left her pocketbook at the store.
(d) She is coming in to work her shift at the store.
5. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
(a) She refuses to comment.
(b) She likes it.
(c) She does not like the kind of music they play.
(d) She is not really interested in music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
2. How has Daisy's return to town affected Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
3. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
4. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
5. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)