|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
(a) They flirt with Daisy and ask her to reveal which man she prefer, Jim or Dave.
(b) No one speaks to her, but they all stare at her.
(c) They suddenly become very formal and well-mannered.
(d) They are embarrassed to speak to her.
2. When will Jim Weston's trial begin?
(a) On Monday.
(b) In a month.
(c) In two weeks.
(d) The text does not state how long it will be until his trial.
3. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
(a) They have a longstanding feud.
(b) The meat is not very good quality.
(c) He believes that she has enough food.
(d) He is afraid of Mr. Roberts, who has warned him against giving food to her.
4. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
(a) He punches Jim Weston in the stomach.
(b) He ignores him and escorts Daisy into the store so he can buy her a treat.
(c) He accuses Jim Weston of being an inferior musician.
(d) He apologizes to his friend.
5. Why does Joe Clarke chase away the children who are playing in front of the store?
(a) He does not really like children.
(b) The children almost broke a window in his store.
(c) They are noisy, and he cannot concentrate on his game.
(d) It is getting late and their parents will expect them home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joe Clarke?
2. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
3. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
4. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. As the evening progresses, what games do the men on the porch play?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)