|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
(a) They are both too nervous to say anything.
(b) They immediately break into song.
(c) They begin to push and shove each other.
(d) They playfully criticize each other to try to impress Daisy.
2. Why does Daisy come to the store?
(a) She wants to challenge the men to a high-stakes poker game.
(b) She needs to pick up some items for her mother.
(c) She wants to show off her new dress for all of the men.
(d) She needs to buy some stamps.
3. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
(a) She will not say who she would choose.
(b) She says that she is not interested in either.
(c) She says she prefers Dave Carter.
(d) She says she prefers Jim Weston.
4. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They are too shy to speak to them directly.
(b) They do not even notice.
(c) They agree that the women are attractive, but not as attractive as Daisy.
(d) They agree that both women are just as pretty as Daisy.
5. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
(a) He says they need to cut down the weeds around town.
(b) He says that they need to put out traps for them and relocate the snakes.
(c) He says that they should leave them alone since even snakes serve God's purpose.
(d) He says they need to hold a prayer service to drive the snakes out of the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave Carter do after Jim Weston hits him?
2. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
3. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
4. When will Jim Weston's trial begin?
5. What color shirt is Dave Carter wearing?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)