|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
(a) He needs the town to maintain a positive reputation so that he can sell his property for a profit.
(b) He put up the money to purchase and develop the land.
(c) It's the only place that he's ever lived.
(d) He was born and raised there.
2. Who is Joe Clarke?
(a) He is one of the men in love with Daisy.
(b) He is the Baptist minister.
(c) He is the Methodist minister.
(d) He is the owner of the general store and the mayor of the town.
3. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They agree that both women are just as pretty as Daisy.
(b) They agree that the women are attractive, but not as attractive as Daisy.
(c) They do not even notice.
(d) They are too shy to speak to them directly.
4. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
(a) They are the only creature of which he is afraid.
(b) They are messengers of the devil and represent evil.
(c) The snakes keep eating his chicks.
(d) He can never tell the difference between venomous and non-venomous snakes.
5. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
(a) Joe Clarke.
(b) Deacon Simms.
(c) Dave Carter.
(d) Marshal Lum Boger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe Lindsay bring the mule bone to the store?
2. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
3. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
4. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
5. Why does Daisy come to the store?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)