|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
(a) They are friendly toward one another.
(b) They work together to fight corruption.
(c) They are beginning to learn how to accept one another.
(d) They do not agree on many ideas and do not get along.
2. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
(a) Jim Weston makes a rude comment about Dave Carter's mother.
(b) Jim Weston causes Dave Carter to spill red soda all over his shirt.
(c) Jim Weston accidentally hits Daisy when he swings at Dave.Carter.
(d) Jim Weston breaks his nose.
3. Why does Daisy come to the store?
(a) She needs to pick up some items for her mother.
(b) She needs to buy some stamps.
(c) She wants to challenge the men to a high-stakes poker game.
(d) She wants to show off her new dress for all of the men.
4. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
(a) He says they need to cut down the weeds around town.
(b) He says that they need to put out traps for them and relocate the snakes.
(c) He says they need to hold a prayer service to drive the snakes out of the area.
(d) He says that they should leave them alone since even snakes serve God's purpose.
5. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They have been working up North at a white-owned factory.
(b) They were at Daisy's house.
(c) They have been out working in the fields all day.
(d) They have been playing music at a whites-only club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Teets Miiller and Bootsie Pitts?
2. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
3. As the evening progresses, what games do the men on the porch play?
4. With what does Jim Weston hit Dave Carter?
5. Where is Jim Weston held until his trial?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)