|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daisy come to the store?
(a) She wants to show off her new dress for all of the men.
(b) She wants to challenge the men to a high-stakes poker game.
(c) She needs to buy some stamps.
(d) She needs to pick up some items for her mother.
2. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
(a) The jail will bring in government money.
(b) The church basement is overcrowded with prisoners.
(c) The jail will provide some much-needed jobs.
(d) The town is full of lawlessness.
3. What instrument does Jim Weston play?
(a) The harmonica.
(b) The guitar.
(c) The fiddle.
(d) The accordion.
4. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
(a) They playfully criticize each other to try to impress Daisy.
(b) They begin to push and shove each other.
(c) They are both too nervous to say anything.
(d) They immediately break into song.
5. From which mule did the bone originally come?
(a) Matt Brazzle's mean mule.
(b) No one knows.
(c) The mule that escaped from Will Cody's pasture.
(d) Lum Boger's old mule.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe Lindsay bring the mule bone to the store?
2. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
3. What do the men at the store begin to talk about after Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive?
4. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
5. How has Daisy's return to town affected Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)