|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
(a) She likes it.
(b) She is not really interested in music.
(c) She refuses to comment.
(d) She does not like the kind of music they play.
2. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She hears Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music,
(b) She forgot to pick something up for her mother.
(c) She left her pocketbook at the store.
(d) She is coming in to work her shift at the store.
3. From which mule did the bone originally come?
(a) Lum Boger's old mule.
(b) The mule that escaped from Will Cody's pasture.
(c) Matt Brazzle's mean mule.
(d) No one knows.
4. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
(a) She was in prison for a suspicious accident.
(b) She was away at college.
(c) She was in the North working for a white family.
(d) No one knows where she has been.
5. Why does Daisy come to the store?
(a) She wants to challenge the men to a high-stakes poker game.
(b) She needs to buy some stamps.
(c) She wants to show off her new dress for all of the men.
(d) She needs to pick up some items for her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joe Clarke?
2. What does Deacon Simms discuss after he moves beyond the subject of snakes?
3. What color shirt is Dave Carter wearing?
4. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
5. Which of the following best describes Teets Miiller and Bootsie Pitts?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)