|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
(a) The church basement is overcrowded with prisoners.
(b) The jail will bring in government money.
(c) The town is full of lawlessness.
(d) The jail will provide some much-needed jobs.
2. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
(a) It's the only place that he's ever lived.
(b) He needs the town to maintain a positive reputation so that he can sell his property for a profit.
(c) He was born and raised there.
(d) He put up the money to purchase and develop the land.
3. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
(a) Her husband doesn't provide enough for her and her children.
(b) Their religion requires that he take care of the poor.
(c) He owes her money for some eggs that she traded.
(d) He gave meat to her neighbor, so it is only fair that he do the same for her.
4. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
(a) Jim Weston causes Dave Carter to spill red soda all over his shirt.
(b) Jim Weston makes a rude comment about Dave Carter's mother.
(c) Jim Weston accidentally hits Daisy when he swings at Dave.Carter.
(d) Jim Weston breaks his nose.
5. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She is coming in to work her shift at the store.
(b) She hears Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music,
(c) She left her pocketbook at the store.
(d) She forgot to pick something up for her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
2. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
3. Why does Jim Weston begin to play music?
4. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
5. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)