|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Teets Miiller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They are tomboys who want to be included in the boys' games.
(b) They dress up and come to the store only to show off for the men.
(c) They are demure and shy.
(d) Men are attracted to them because of their dependability and modesty.
2. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
(a) They are both too nervous to say anything.
(b) They begin to push and shove each other.
(c) They playfully criticize each other to try to impress Daisy.
(d) They immediately break into song.
3. Who is Joe Clarke?
(a) He is the Methodist minister.
(b) He is the owner of the general store and the mayor of the town.
(c) He is one of the men in love with Daisy.
(d) He is the Baptist minister.
4. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
(a) It is his good luck charm, so he never leaves home without it.
(b) He says he found it while he was hunting.
(c) He says he found it behind the store.
(d) He always carries it with him when he walks to town in order to fight off stray dogs.
5. What do the men at the store begin to talk about after Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive?
(a) They return to talking about the town's snake problem.
(b) They talk about who will win Daisy's heart.
(c) They go back to arguing about whether the town needs a jail.
(d) They talk about the weather and how it will affect the harvest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
2. What does Dave Carter buy for Daisy?
3. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
4. Where is Jim Weston held until his trial?
5. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)