|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joe Clarke?
(a) He is the Baptist minister.
(b) He is one of the men in love with Daisy.
(c) He is the owner of the general store and the mayor of the town.
(d) He is the Methodist minister.
2. How do the men in front of the store react to Deacon Simms' arrival?
(a) They quickly hide their games and their winnings.
(b) They begin to harass and verbally assault him.
(c) They try to ignore him, hoping that he will go away.
(d) They welcome him to join their poker game.
3. What do the men at the store begin to talk about after Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive?
(a) They talk about the weather and how it will affect the harvest.
(b) They go back to arguing about whether the town needs a jail.
(c) They talk about who will win Daisy's heart.
(d) They return to talking about the town's snake problem.
4. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
(a) No one knows where she has been.
(b) She was in the North working for a white family.
(c) She was away at college.
(d) She was in prison for a suspicious accident.
5. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She forgot to pick something up for her mother.
(b) She is coming in to work her shift at the store.
(c) She left her pocketbook at the store.
(d) She hears Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music,
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe Clarke chase away the children who are playing in front of the store?
2. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
3. From which mule did the bone originally come?
4. What instrument does Jim Weston play?
5. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)