|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
(a) She was in the North working for a white family.
(b) No one knows where she has been.
(c) She was in prison for a suspicious accident.
(d) She was away at college.
2. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
(a) He believes that she has enough food.
(b) He is afraid of Mr. Roberts, who has warned him against giving food to her.
(c) They have a longstanding feud.
(d) The meat is not very good quality.
3. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She hears Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music,
(b) She forgot to pick something up for her mother.
(c) She left her pocketbook at the store.
(d) She is coming in to work her shift at the store.
4. When will Jim Weston's trial begin?
(a) The text does not state how long it will be until his trial.
(b) On Monday.
(c) In two weeks.
(d) In a month.
5. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
(a) Jim Weston breaks his nose.
(b) Jim Weston causes Dave Carter to spill red soda all over his shirt.
(c) Jim Weston makes a rude comment about Dave Carter's mother.
(d) Jim Weston accidentally hits Daisy when he swings at Dave.Carter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
2. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
3. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
4. Why does Daisy come to the store?
5. From which mule did the bone originally come?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)