|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Deacon Simms discuss after he moves beyond the subject of snakes?
(a) He begins to preach about changes that the town needs.
(b) He wants to know what the men think about Mrs. Roberts.
(c) He begins to gossip about Daisy Blunt.
(d) He wants to talk about making improvements to the town's school.
2. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They agree that the women are attractive, but not as attractive as Daisy.
(b) They are too shy to speak to them directly.
(c) They do not even notice.
(d) They agree that both women are just as pretty as Daisy.
3. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
(a) He gave meat to her neighbor, so it is only fair that he do the same for her.
(b) He owes her money for some eggs that she traded.
(c) Her husband doesn't provide enough for her and her children.
(d) Their religion requires that he take care of the poor.
4. How do the men in front of the store react to Deacon Simms' arrival?
(a) They welcome him to join their poker game.
(b) They quickly hide their games and their winnings.
(c) They try to ignore him, hoping that he will go away.
(d) They begin to harass and verbally assault him.
5. Who is Joe Clarke?
(a) He is the owner of the general store and the mayor of the town.
(b) He is the Baptist minister.
(c) He is one of the men in love with Daisy.
(d) He is the Methodist minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms doing when Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive at the store?
2. How do the men at the store react to Mrs. Roberts' plight?
3. What does Dave Carter do after Jim Weston hits him?
4. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
5. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)