|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She forgot to pick something up for her mother.
(b) She left her pocketbook at the store.
(c) She hears Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music,
(d) She is coming in to work her shift at the store.
2. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
(a) He put up the money to purchase and develop the land.
(b) It's the only place that he's ever lived.
(c) He was born and raised there.
(d) He needs the town to maintain a positive reputation so that he can sell his property for a profit.
3. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
(a) The jail will provide some much-needed jobs.
(b) The jail will bring in government money.
(c) The town is full of lawlessness.
(d) The church basement is overcrowded with prisoners.
4. Why does Jim Weston begin to play music?
(a) One of the men at the store requests a song.
(b) It is the only way he can express his love for Daisy.
(c) Daisy asks him to play for her.
(d) When he is nervous, he plays music.
5. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
(a) The noise of the crowd.
(b) Deacon Simms runs in to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
(c) Daisy runs into the store to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
(d) Their yelling at each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Jim Weston hit Dave Carter?
2. What does Dave Carter do after Jim Weston hits him?
3. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
4. Why does Daisy come to the store?
5. What does Dave Carter buy for Daisy?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)