|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Teets Miiller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They are tomboys who want to be included in the boys' games.
(b) Men are attracted to them because of their dependability and modesty.
(c) They are demure and shy.
(d) They dress up and come to the store only to show off for the men.
2. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They were at Daisy's house.
(b) They have been working up North at a white-owned factory.
(c) They have been out working in the fields all day.
(d) They have been playing music at a whites-only club.
3. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
(a) He can never tell the difference between venomous and non-venomous snakes.
(b) The snakes keep eating his chicks.
(c) They are messengers of the devil and represent evil.
(d) They are the only creature of which he is afraid.
4. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
(a) Daisy runs into the store to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
(b) Their yelling at each other.
(c) Deacon Simms runs in to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
(d) The noise of the crowd.
5. What does Dave Carter buy for Daisy?
(a) An ice cream cone.
(b) A red soda.
(c) Some kettle corn.
(d) Cotton candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
2. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
3. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. How do the men at the store react to Mrs. Roberts' plight?
5. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)