|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
(a) He is afraid of Mr. Roberts, who has warned him against giving food to her.
(b) He believes that she has enough food.
(c) They have a longstanding feud.
(d) The meat is not very good quality.
2. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
(a) Their yelling at each other.
(b) Deacon Simms runs in to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
(c) The noise of the crowd.
(d) Daisy runs into the store to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
3. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
(a) She was in the North working for a white family.
(b) She was in prison for a suspicious accident.
(c) No one knows where she has been.
(d) She was away at college.
4. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
(a) The jail will provide some much-needed jobs.
(b) The town is full of lawlessness.
(c) The jail will bring in government money.
(d) The church basement is overcrowded with prisoners.
5. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
(a) She likes it.
(b) She does not like the kind of music they play.
(c) She is not really interested in music.
(d) She refuses to comment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
2. Why does Joe Clarke chase away the children who are playing in front of the store?
3. What does Dave Carter buy for Daisy?
4. What does Dave Carter do after Jim Weston hits him?
5. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)