|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
(a) They are the only creature of which he is afraid.
(b) They are messengers of the devil and represent evil.
(c) He can never tell the difference between venomous and non-venomous snakes.
(d) The snakes keep eating his chicks.
2. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
(a) He says they need to hold a prayer service to drive the snakes out of the area.
(b) He says they need to cut down the weeds around town.
(c) He says that they need to put out traps for them and relocate the snakes.
(d) He says that they should leave them alone since even snakes serve God's purpose.
3. From which mule did the bone originally come?
(a) Matt Brazzle's mean mule.
(b) The mule that escaped from Will Cody's pasture.
(c) Lum Boger's old mule.
(d) No one knows.
4. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
(a) She does not like the kind of music they play.
(b) She refuses to comment.
(c) She is not really interested in music.
(d) She likes it.
5. What does Dave Carter buy for Daisy?
(a) An ice cream cone.
(b) A red soda.
(c) Cotton candy.
(d) Some kettle corn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
2. As the evening progresses, what games do the men on the porch play?
3. How do the men in front of the store react to Deacon Simms' arrival?
4. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
5. Why does Jim Weston jump up to fight Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)