|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daisy come to the store?
(a) She wants to challenge the men to a high-stakes poker game.
(b) She wants to show off her new dress for all of the men.
(c) She needs to pick up some items for her mother.
(d) She needs to buy some stamps.
2. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
(a) She says she prefers Jim Weston.
(b) She says that she is not interested in either.
(c) She says she prefers Dave Carter.
(d) She will not say who she would choose.
3. What does Deacon Simms discuss after he moves beyond the subject of snakes?
(a) He wants to talk about making improvements to the town's school.
(b) He wants to know what the men think about Mrs. Roberts.
(c) He begins to gossip about Daisy Blunt.
(d) He begins to preach about changes that the town needs.
4. Where is Jim Weston held until his trial?
(a) In Joe Clarke's barn.
(b) In the store's cellar.
(c) Under house arrest.
(d) In the church basement.
5. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
(a) He says they need to cut down the weeds around town.
(b) He says that they should leave them alone since even snakes serve God's purpose.
(c) He says that they need to put out traps for them and relocate the snakes.
(d) He says they need to hold a prayer service to drive the snakes out of the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Jim Weston hit Dave Carter?
2. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
3. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
4. How do the men in front of the store react to Deacon Simms' arrival?
5. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)