|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
(a) He owes her money for some eggs that she traded.
(b) Her husband doesn't provide enough for her and her children.
(c) He gave meat to her neighbor, so it is only fair that he do the same for her.
(d) Their religion requires that he take care of the poor.
2. Who is Joe Clarke?
(a) He is the owner of the general store and the mayor of the town.
(b) He is the Methodist minister.
(c) He is one of the men in love with Daisy.
(d) He is the Baptist minister.
3. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
(a) Jim Weston causes Dave Carter to spill red soda all over his shirt.
(b) Jim Weston accidentally hits Daisy when he swings at Dave.Carter.
(c) Jim Weston breaks his nose.
(d) Jim Weston makes a rude comment about Dave Carter's mother.
4. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
(a) They are embarrassed to speak to her.
(b) They flirt with Daisy and ask her to reveal which man she prefer, Jim or Dave.
(c) They suddenly become very formal and well-mannered.
(d) No one speaks to her, but they all stare at her.
5. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
(a) He says they need to cut down the weeds around town.
(b) He says that they need to put out traps for them and relocate the snakes.
(c) He says that they should leave them alone since even snakes serve God's purpose.
(d) He says they need to hold a prayer service to drive the snakes out of the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
2. What are Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms doing when Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive at the store?
3. What does Dave Carter do after Jim Weston hits him?
4. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
5. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)