|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Daisy's return to town affected Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
(a) It has not affected them at all.
(b) Jim Weston is distracted by her attention, but Dave Carter is ignoring her.
(c) Dave Carter is distracted by her attention, but Jim Weston is ignoring her.
(d) Daisy's return to town has put a strain on their friendship.
2. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
(b) Marshal Lum Boger.
(c) Joe Clarke.
(d) Deacon Simms.
3. What do the men at the store begin to talk about after Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive?
(a) They talk about who will win Daisy's heart.
(b) They talk about the weather and how it will affect the harvest.
(c) They return to talking about the town's snake problem.
(d) They go back to arguing about whether the town needs a jail.
4. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They agree that both women are just as pretty as Daisy.
(b) They are too shy to speak to them directly.
(c) They agree that the women are attractive, but not as attractive as Daisy.
(d) They do not even notice.
5. Why does Daisy come to the store?
(a) She wants to challenge the men to a high-stakes poker game.
(b) She needs to buy some stamps.
(c) She wants to show off her new dress for all of the men.
(d) She needs to pick up some items for her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Deacon Simms discuss after he moves beyond the subject of snakes?
2. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
3. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
4. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
5. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)