|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
(a) They work together to fight corruption.
(b) They are beginning to learn how to accept one another.
(c) They do not agree on many ideas and do not get along.
(d) They are friendly toward one another.
2. What color shirt is Dave Carter wearing?
(d) The text does not reveal the color.
3. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
(a) He wants to make sure that no one else uses it as a weapon.
(b) He needs to return it to Joe Lindsay.
(c) He needs to return it to Matt Brazzle.
(d) He needs it for evidence at the trial.
4. Why does Joe Lindsay bring the mule bone to the store?
(a) He uses it to protect himself from stray dogs.
(b) He believes it will bring him luck.
(c) He wants to return it to its rightful owner.
(d) He wants to show it to the other men.
5. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
(a) Marshal Lum Boger.
(b) Deacon Simms.
(c) Dave Carter.
(d) Joe Clarke.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
2. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
4. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
5. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)