|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
(a) Jim Weston makes a rude comment about Dave Carter's mother.
(b) Jim Weston causes Dave Carter to spill red soda all over his shirt.
(c) Jim Weston accidentally hits Daisy when he swings at Dave.Carter.
(d) Jim Weston breaks his nose.
2. Why does Jim Weston begin to play music?
(a) One of the men at the store requests a song.
(b) Daisy asks him to play for her.
(c) It is the only way he can express his love for Daisy.
(d) When he is nervous, he plays music.
3. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
(a) She says she prefers Jim Weston.
(b) She will not say who she would choose.
(c) She says that she is not interested in either.
(d) She says she prefers Dave Carter.
4. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
(a) They are both too nervous to say anything.
(b) They playfully criticize each other to try to impress Daisy.
(c) They begin to push and shove each other.
(d) They immediately break into song.
5. Which of the following best describes Teets Miiller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) Men are attracted to them because of their dependability and modesty.
(b) They dress up and come to the store only to show off for the men.
(c) They are tomboys who want to be included in the boys' games.
(d) They are demure and shy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joe Clarke?
2. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
3. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
4. When will Jim Weston's trial begin?
5. Why does Daisy come to the store?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)