|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daisy come to the store?
(a) She wants to show off her new dress for all of the men.
(b) She wants to challenge the men to a high-stakes poker game.
(c) She needs to pick up some items for her mother.
(d) She needs to buy some stamps.
2. What does Dave Carter do after Jim Weston hits him?
(a) Staggers away, supported by Daisy.
(b) Shakes his head and walks back out of town.
(c) Falls unconscious.
(d) Staggers away, supported by Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms.
3. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
(c) Chick-me, chick-me, cranie-crow.
(d) Red rover.
4. From which mule did the bone originally come?
(a) Matt Brazzle's mean mule.
(b) The mule that escaped from Will Cody's pasture.
(c) No one knows.
(d) Lum Boger's old mule.
5. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They do not even notice.
(b) They agree that both women are just as pretty as Daisy.
(c) They agree that the women are attractive, but not as attractive as Daisy.
(d) They are too shy to speak to them directly.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Jim Weston hit Dave Carter?
2. Why does Joe Clarke chase away the children who are playing in front of the store?
3. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
4. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
5. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)