|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
(a) He needs the town to maintain a positive reputation so that he can sell his property for a profit.
(b) He was born and raised there.
(c) He put up the money to purchase and develop the land.
(d) It's the only place that he's ever lived.
2. How do the men in front of the store react to Deacon Simms' arrival?
(a) They quickly hide their games and their winnings.
(b) They begin to harass and verbally assault him.
(c) They try to ignore him, hoping that he will go away.
(d) They welcome him to join their poker game.
3. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
(a) He needs it for evidence at the trial.
(b) He wants to make sure that no one else uses it as a weapon.
(c) He needs to return it to Matt Brazzle.
(d) He needs to return it to Joe Lindsay.
4. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
(a) She says she prefers Jim Weston.
(b) She will not say who she would choose.
(c) She says she prefers Dave Carter.
(d) She says that she is not interested in either.
5. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They agree that the women are attractive, but not as attractive as Daisy.
(b) They agree that both women are just as pretty as Daisy.
(c) They do not even notice.
(d) They are too shy to speak to them directly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
2. Which of the following best describes Teets Miiller and Bootsie Pitts?
3. Why does Joe Lindsay bring the mule bone to the store?
4. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
5. What instrument does Jim Weston play?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)