|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
(a) She was away at college.
(b) No one knows where she has been.
(c) She was in prison for a suspicious accident.
(d) She was in the North working for a white family.
2. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
(a) They are messengers of the devil and represent evil.
(b) The snakes keep eating his chicks.
(c) They are the only creature of which he is afraid.
(d) He can never tell the difference between venomous and non-venomous snakes.
3. What instrument does Jim Weston play?
(a) The accordion.
(b) The guitar.
(c) The harmonica.
(d) The fiddle.
4. Which of the following best describes Teets Miiller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They are tomboys who want to be included in the boys' games.
(b) They are demure and shy.
(c) They dress up and come to the store only to show off for the men.
(d) Men are attracted to them because of their dependability and modesty.
5. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
(a) She likes it.
(b) She refuses to comment.
(c) She does not like the kind of music they play.
(d) She is not really interested in music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
2. Why does Jim Weston begin to play music?
3. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
4. What are Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms doing when Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive at the store?
5. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)