|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
(a) They are embarrassed to speak to her.
(b) No one speaks to her, but they all stare at her.
(c) They suddenly become very formal and well-mannered.
(d) They flirt with Daisy and ask her to reveal which man she prefer, Jim or Dave.
2. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
(a) She likes it.
(b) She is not really interested in music.
(c) She does not like the kind of music they play.
(d) She refuses to comment.
3. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
(a) No one knows where she has been.
(b) She was in prison for a suspicious accident.
(c) She was away at college.
(d) She was in the North working for a white family.
4. Where is Jim Weston held until his trial?
(a) In the church basement.
(b) Under house arrest.
(c) In the store's cellar.
(d) In Joe Clarke's barn.
5. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
(a) They are both too nervous to say anything.
(b) They begin to push and shove each other.
(c) They playfully criticize each other to try to impress Daisy.
(d) They immediately break into song.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the evening progresses, what games do the men on the porch play?
2. How do the men in front of the store react to Deacon Simms' arrival?
3. From which mule did the bone originally come?
4. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
5. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)