|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
(a) He joins in by singing.
(b) He dances, eventually dancing with Daisy.
(c) He wanders off to play poker.
(d) He goes into the store to shop.
2. What does Dave Carter do after Jim Weston hits him?
(a) Falls unconscious.
(b) Staggers away, supported by Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms.
(c) Shakes his head and walks back out of town.
(d) Staggers away, supported by Daisy.
3. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
(a) They begin to push and shove each other.
(b) They playfully criticize each other to try to impress Daisy.
(c) They are both too nervous to say anything.
(d) They immediately break into song.
4. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
(a) Their religion requires that he take care of the poor.
(b) He gave meat to her neighbor, so it is only fair that he do the same for her.
(c) He owes her money for some eggs that she traded.
(d) Her husband doesn't provide enough for her and her children.
5. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
(a) He needs it for evidence at the trial.
(b) He needs to return it to Matt Brazzle.
(c) He wants to make sure that no one else uses it as a weapon.
(d) He needs to return it to Joe Lindsay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color shirt is Dave Carter wearing?
2. When will Jim Weston's trial begin?
3. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
4. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
5. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)