|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
(a) They are both too nervous to say anything.
(b) They immediately break into song.
(c) They playfully criticize each other to try to impress Daisy.
(d) They begin to push and shove each other.
2. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
(a) No one knows where she has been.
(b) She was in prison for a suspicious accident.
(c) She was away at college.
(d) She was in the North working for a white family.
3. Which of the following best describes Teets Miiller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) Men are attracted to them because of their dependability and modesty.
(b) They are tomboys who want to be included in the boys' games.
(c) They dress up and come to the store only to show off for the men.
(d) They are demure and shy.
4. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
(a) He says they need to hold a prayer service to drive the snakes out of the area.
(b) He says that they should leave them alone since even snakes serve God's purpose.
(c) He says they need to cut down the weeds around town.
(d) He says that they need to put out traps for them and relocate the snakes.
5. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They are too shy to speak to them directly.
(b) They agree that both women are just as pretty as Daisy.
(c) They agree that the women are attractive, but not as attractive as Daisy.
(d) They do not even notice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
2. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
3. What does Dave Carter buy for Daisy?
4. From which mule did the bone originally come?
5. How do the men in front of the store react to Deacon Simms' arrival?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)