|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
(a) He needs the town to maintain a positive reputation so that he can sell his property for a profit.
(b) It's the only place that he's ever lived.
(c) He was born and raised there.
(d) He put up the money to purchase and develop the land.
2. As the evening progresses, what games do the men on the porch play?
(a) They shoot dice.
(b) They play Scrabble.
(c) They play hangman.
(d) They alternate between cards and playing checkers.
3. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
(a) Jim Weston causes Dave Carter to spill red soda all over his shirt.
(b) Jim Weston makes a rude comment about Dave Carter's mother.
(c) Jim Weston breaks his nose.
(d) Jim Weston accidentally hits Daisy when he swings at Dave.Carter.
4. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
(b) Chick-me, chick-me, cranie-crow.
(d) Red rover.
5. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
(a) They are embarrassed to speak to her.
(b) No one speaks to her, but they all stare at her.
(c) They flirt with Daisy and ask her to reveal which man she prefer, Jim or Dave.
(d) They suddenly become very formal and well-mannered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave Carter buy for Daisy?
2. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
3. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
4. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
5. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)