|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Jim Weston play?
(a) The fiddle.
(b) The accordion.
(c) The harmonica.
(d) The guitar.
2. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
(a) She was in prison for a suspicious accident.
(b) She was in the North working for a white family.
(c) She was away at college.
(d) No one knows where she has been.
3. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
(a) They do not agree on many ideas and do not get along.
(b) They work together to fight corruption.
(c) They are beginning to learn how to accept one another.
(d) They are friendly toward one another.
4. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
(a) He says they need to hold a prayer service to drive the snakes out of the area.
(b) He says that they need to put out traps for them and relocate the snakes.
(c) He says that they should leave them alone since even snakes serve God's purpose.
(d) He says they need to cut down the weeds around town.
5. Why does Joe Lindsay bring the mule bone to the store?
(a) He wants to show it to the other men.
(b) He wants to return it to its rightful owner.
(c) He uses it to protect himself from stray dogs.
(d) He believes it will bring him luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
2. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
3. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
4. When will Jim Weston's trial begin?
5. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)