|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Daisy's return to town affected Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
(a) It has not affected them at all.
(b) Daisy's return to town has put a strain on their friendship.
(c) Dave Carter is distracted by her attention, but Jim Weston is ignoring her.
(d) Jim Weston is distracted by her attention, but Dave Carter is ignoring her.
2. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
(a) She will not say who she would choose.
(b) She says that she is not interested in either.
(c) She says she prefers Jim Weston.
(d) She says she prefers Dave Carter.
3. From which mule did the bone originally come?
(a) Lum Boger's old mule.
(b) No one knows.
(c) Matt Brazzle's mean mule.
(d) The mule that escaped from Will Cody's pasture.
4. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
(a) They begin to push and shove each other.
(b) They immediately break into song.
(c) They are both too nervous to say anything.
(d) They playfully criticize each other to try to impress Daisy.
5. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
(a) Their religion requires that he take care of the poor.
(b) He gave meat to her neighbor, so it is only fair that he do the same for her.
(c) Her husband doesn't provide enough for her and her children.
(d) He owes her money for some eggs that she traded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joe Clarke?
2. What color shirt is Dave Carter wearing?
3. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
5. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)