|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
(a) He says he found it behind the store.
(b) He always carries it with him when he walks to town in order to fight off stray dogs.
(c) It is his good luck charm, so he never leaves home without it.
(d) He says he found it while he was hunting.
2. What does Deacon Simms discuss after he moves beyond the subject of snakes?
(a) He wants to talk about making improvements to the town's school.
(b) He begins to gossip about Daisy Blunt.
(c) He wants to know what the men think about Mrs. Roberts.
(d) He begins to preach about changes that the town needs.
3. When will Jim Weston's trial begin?
(a) On Monday.
(b) In a month.
(c) In two weeks.
(d) The text does not state how long it will be until his trial.
4. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
(a) The church basement is overcrowded with prisoners.
(b) The jail will bring in government money.
(c) The jail will provide some much-needed jobs.
(d) The town is full of lawlessness.
5. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
(a) Joe Clarke.
(c) Marshal Lum Boger.
(d) Deacon Simms.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
2. How do the men in front of the store react to Deacon Simms' arrival?
3. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
4. How do the men at the store react to Mrs. Roberts' plight?
5. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)