|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men at the store begin to talk about after Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive?
(a) They talk about who will win Daisy's heart.
(b) They go back to arguing about whether the town needs a jail.
(c) They return to talking about the town's snake problem.
(d) They talk about the weather and how it will affect the harvest.
2. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
(a) Their religion requires that he take care of the poor.
(b) Her husband doesn't provide enough for her and her children.
(c) He gave meat to her neighbor, so it is only fair that he do the same for her.
(d) He owes her money for some eggs that she traded.
3. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
(a) They are both too nervous to say anything.
(b) They immediately break into song.
(c) They playfully criticize each other to try to impress Daisy.
(d) They begin to push and shove each other.
4. Why does Jim Weston jump up to fight Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He think that Dave Carter is laughing at him.
(b) Dave Carter steps on his foot when he leaves the store.
(c) He is jealous and wants to fight for Daisy's love.
(d) His pride is hurt and he wants to fight to defend his honor.
5. What does Deacon Simms discuss after he moves beyond the subject of snakes?
(a) He begins to gossip about Daisy Blunt.
(b) He wants to know what the men think about Mrs. Roberts.
(c) He wants to talk about making improvements to the town's school.
(d) He begins to preach about changes that the town needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim Weston begin to play music?
2. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What color shirt is Dave Carter wearing?
4. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
5. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)