|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
(a) She says she prefers Jim Weston.
(b) She will not say who she would choose.
(c) She says she prefers Dave Carter.
(d) She says that she is not interested in either.
2. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They do not even notice.
(b) They are too shy to speak to them directly.
(c) They agree that the women are attractive, but not as attractive as Daisy.
(d) They agree that both women are just as pretty as Daisy.
3. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
(a) She refuses to comment.
(b) She likes it.
(c) She does not like the kind of music they play.
(d) She is not really interested in music.
4. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
(a) He owes her money for some eggs that she traded.
(b) He gave meat to her neighbor, so it is only fair that he do the same for her.
(c) Their religion requires that he take care of the poor.
(d) Her husband doesn't provide enough for her and her children.
5. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
(a) He punches Jim Weston in the stomach.
(b) He apologizes to his friend.
(c) He accuses Jim Weston of being an inferior musician.
(d) He ignores him and escorts Daisy into the store so he can buy her a treat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
2. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
3. Who is Joe Clarke?
4. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
5. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)