|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe Lindsay bring the mule bone to the store?
(a) He wants to show it to the other men.
(b) He uses it to protect himself from stray dogs.
(c) He wants to return it to its rightful owner.
(d) He believes it will bring him luck.
2. From which mule did the bone originally come?
(a) The mule that escaped from Will Cody's pasture.
(b) Matt Brazzle's mean mule.
(c) Lum Boger's old mule.
(d) No one knows.
3. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
(a) He needs it for evidence at the trial.
(b) He wants to make sure that no one else uses it as a weapon.
(c) He needs to return it to Matt Brazzle.
(d) He needs to return it to Joe Lindsay.
4. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
(a) They are embarrassed to speak to her.
(b) They flirt with Daisy and ask her to reveal which man she prefer, Jim or Dave.
(c) They suddenly become very formal and well-mannered.
(d) No one speaks to her, but they all stare at her.
5. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
(a) They do not agree on many ideas and do not get along.
(b) They are beginning to learn how to accept one another.
(c) They are friendly toward one another.
(d) They work together to fight corruption.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim Weston begin to play music?
2. What are Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms doing when Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive at the store?
3. When will Jim Weston's trial begin?
4. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
5. Why does Jim Weston jump up to fight Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)