|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim Weston jump up to fight Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He think that Dave Carter is laughing at him.
(b) His pride is hurt and he wants to fight to defend his honor.
(c) He is jealous and wants to fight for Daisy's love.
(d) Dave Carter steps on his foot when he leaves the store.
2. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They agree that the women are attractive, but not as attractive as Daisy.
(b) They agree that both women are just as pretty as Daisy.
(c) They do not even notice.
(d) They are too shy to speak to them directly.
3. What do the men at the store begin to talk about after Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive?
(a) They return to talking about the town's snake problem.
(b) They go back to arguing about whether the town needs a jail.
(c) They talk about who will win Daisy's heart.
(d) They talk about the weather and how it will affect the harvest.
4. Why does Joe Clarke chase away the children who are playing in front of the store?
(a) It is getting late and their parents will expect them home.
(b) They are noisy, and he cannot concentrate on his game.
(c) The children almost broke a window in his store.
(d) He does not really like children.
5. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
(a) He says they need to cut down the weeds around town.
(b) He says that they need to put out traps for them and relocate the snakes.
(c) He says they need to hold a prayer service to drive the snakes out of the area.
(d) He says that they should leave them alone since even snakes serve God's purpose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
2. Which of the following best describes Teets Miiller and Bootsie Pitts?
3. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
4. Why does Jim Weston begin to play music?
5. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)