|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joe Clarke?
(a) He is the Baptist minister.
(b) He is the Methodist minister.
(c) He is one of the men in love with Daisy.
(d) He is the owner of the general store and the mayor of the town.
2. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
(a) He punches Jim Weston in the stomach.
(b) He apologizes to his friend.
(c) He ignores him and escorts Daisy into the store so he can buy her a treat.
(d) He accuses Jim Weston of being an inferior musician.
3. What does Dave Carter buy for Daisy?
(a) An ice cream cone.
(b) Some kettle corn.
(c) A red soda.
(d) Cotton candy.
4. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
(a) He wants to make sure that no one else uses it as a weapon.
(b) He needs to return it to Joe Lindsay.
(c) He needs to return it to Matt Brazzle.
(d) He needs it for evidence at the trial.
5. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
(a) He dances, eventually dancing with Daisy.
(b) He goes into the store to shop.
(c) He wanders off to play poker.
(d) He joins in by singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
2. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
3. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
4. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
5. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)