|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
(a) She will not say who she would choose.
(b) She says she prefers Dave Carter.
(c) She says she prefers Jim Weston.
(d) She says that she is not interested in either.
2. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
(b) Joe Clarke.
(c) Deacon Simms.
(d) Marshal Lum Boger.
3. Which of the following best describes Teets Miiller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) Men are attracted to them because of their dependability and modesty.
(b) They are tomboys who want to be included in the boys' games.
(c) They dress up and come to the store only to show off for the men.
(d) They are demure and shy.
4. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
(a) They work together to fight corruption.
(b) They are friendly toward one another.
(c) They do not agree on many ideas and do not get along.
(d) They are beginning to learn how to accept one another.
5. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
(a) He says they need to cut down the weeds around town.
(b) He says that they should leave them alone since even snakes serve God's purpose.
(c) He says they need to hold a prayer service to drive the snakes out of the area.
(d) He says that they need to put out traps for them and relocate the snakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daisy come to the store?
2. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
3. When will Jim Weston's trial begin?
4. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
5. What instrument does Jim Weston play?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)