|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the evening progresses, what games do the men on the porch play?
(a) They shoot dice.
(b) They play hangman.
(c) They play Scrabble.
(d) They alternate between cards and playing checkers.
2. What does Dave Carter buy for Daisy?
(a) An ice cream cone.
(b) Some kettle corn.
(c) A red soda.
(d) Cotton candy.
3. How has Daisy's return to town affected Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
(a) It has not affected them at all.
(b) Jim Weston is distracted by her attention, but Dave Carter is ignoring her.
(c) Daisy's return to town has put a strain on their friendship.
(d) Dave Carter is distracted by her attention, but Jim Weston is ignoring her.
4. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
(a) He needs the town to maintain a positive reputation so that he can sell his property for a profit.
(b) He put up the money to purchase and develop the land.
(c) He was born and raised there.
(d) It's the only place that he's ever lived.
5. What color shirt is Dave Carter wearing?
(d) The text does not reveal the color.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will Jim Weston's trial begin?
2. What does Deacon Simms discuss after he moves beyond the subject of snakes?
3. How do the men at the store react to Mrs. Roberts' plight?
4. Why does Joe Clarke chase away the children who are playing in front of the store?
5. Why does Joe Lindsay bring the mule bone to the store?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)