|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men at the store begin to talk about after Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive?
(a) They talk about who will win Daisy's heart.
(b) They talk about the weather and how it will affect the harvest.
(c) They return to talking about the town's snake problem.
(d) They go back to arguing about whether the town needs a jail.
2. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They were at Daisy's house.
(b) They have been playing music at a whites-only club.
(c) They have been working up North at a white-owned factory.
(d) They have been out working in the fields all day.
3. How do the men at the store react to Mrs. Roberts' plight?
(a) They are all happy that none of them is married to her.
(b) They are embarrassed by her presence and ignore her.
(c) They offer to help her home with her groceries.
(d) They all feel sorry for her and offer her money.
4. From which mule did the bone originally come?
(a) Matt Brazzle's mean mule.
(b) The mule that escaped from Will Cody's pasture.
(c) Lum Boger's old mule.
(d) No one knows.
5. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She left her pocketbook at the store.
(b) She hears Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music,
(c) She is coming in to work her shift at the store.
(d) She forgot to pick something up for her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
2. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
3. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
4. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
5. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)