Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe Clarke chase away the children who are playing in front of the store?
(a) He does not really like children.
(b) It is getting late and their parents will expect them home.
(c) The children almost broke a window in his store.
(d) They are noisy, and he cannot concentrate on his game.
2. What does Dave Carter do after Jim Weston hits him?
(a) Staggers away, supported by Daisy.
(b) Falls unconscious.
(c) Shakes his head and walks back out of town.
(d) Staggers away, supported by Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms.
3. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
(a) He needs to return it to Joe Lindsay.
(b) He wants to make sure that no one else uses it as a weapon.
(c) He needs to return it to Matt Brazzle.
(d) He needs it for evidence at the trial.
4. What instrument does Jim Weston play?
(a) The guitar.
(b) The harmonica.
(c) The accordion.
(d) The fiddle.
5. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
(a) He apologizes to his friend.
(b) He punches Jim Weston in the stomach.
(c) He ignores him and escorts Daisy into the store so he can buy her a treat.
(d) He accuses Jim Weston of being an inferior musician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
2. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
3. Why does Daisy come to the store?
4. Why does Jim Weston jump up to fight Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. From which mule did the bone originally come?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)