|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evidence does Sister Taylor provide to prove that her husband is good to her?
(a) He is a good father to their children.
(b) He brings home plenty of money.
(c) He listens to her when she has a problem.
(d) He brings her flowers for no reason.
2. What does Sister Taylor suggest that changes Sister Jones' mind about testifying?
(a) She convinces her that Jim Weston is really an honest, hard-working man who deserves their support.
(b) She convinces her that it is their civic responsibility to testify.
(c) She assures her that everyone else in town will be testifying, so she should join in.
(d) She says that the issue is not about Jim Weston, but about defending themselves from the Baptists.
3. What part of Joe Clarke's appearance does Sister Thomas criticize?
(a) She says he has short, stubby legs.
(b) She says his hair looks like a nest of beavers.
(c) She says he has a huge stomach.
(d) She says he has a flat nose.
4. Why does Joe Clarke chase away the children who are playing in front of the store?
(a) It is getting late and their parents will expect them home.
(b) He does not really like children.
(c) The children almost broke a window in his store.
(d) They are noisy, and he cannot concentrate on his game.
5. What assurance does Deacon Simms give Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
(a) He assures them that the trial will be quick and fair.
(b) He assures them that Jim Weston will get the punishment he deserves.
(c) He assures them that not only will Jim Weston be cleared, but they may get a new mayor.
(d) He assures them that they will both get a chance to testify at the trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joe Clarke?
2. How does Jim Weston react when Daisy puts her hand on his arm to comfort him?
3. What does Joe Clarke realize that he needs to get from the lodge room before he goes to the trial?
4. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
5. According to Sister Taylor, how ugly is Deacon Lindsay?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)