|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Deacon Simms say he will use as his legal reference during the trial?
(a) He says he will use the law books that he borrowed from the library.
(b) He says he will use his own legal knowledge and experience.
(c) He says he will use the evidence and let that speak for itself.
(d) He says he will use the Bible, from beginning to end.
2. Why does Jim Weston pull Daisy down to sit on the tracks with him?
(a) He wants to kiss her.
(b) He wants to talk to her.
(c) He is trying to comfort her.
(d) He just wants her to sit with him.
3. Why is Daisy in a hurry when Jim Weston runs into her?
(a) She knows that her mother will be upset if she comes home late again.
(b) She only has a few free minutes and has to hurry back to work.
(c) She is being pursued by a strange man.
(d) She has just left work and is coming to see how the trial turned out.
4. What did Daisy do for Dave Carter the day before the trial?
(a) Daisy brought him some fresh strawberries.
(b) Daisy made him a lunch plate.
(c) Daisy washed and ironed his clothes for him.
(d) Daisy rubbed his head for him.
5. Where does Daisy suggest she and Jim Weston live after they get married?
(a) It does not matter.
(b) In town, with her mother.
(c) In another state.
(d) In Maitland, at her employer's farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daisy begin to cry when speaking to Jim Weston in Act 3?
2. How has Daisy's return to town affected Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
3. Why does Joe Clarke chase away the children who are playing in front of the store?
4. What is Dave Carter wearing when he enters the church?
5. How does Joe Clarke respond to Mrs. Nixon's accusation that he mistreats his wife and sells rancid bacon?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)