|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary Ella's criticism about the Methodist Church?
(a) She says that it does not have any windows and it is located in the swamp.
(b) She says that no matter how nice it looks, God does not visit there.
(c) She says the Methodist Church does not have a church bell.
(d) She says that it might be big, but they do not have enough members to fill it.
2. Why does Daisy begin to cry when speaking to Jim Weston in Act 3?
(a) He says a woman cannot be trusted.
(b) He threatens to leave her alone in the dark.
(c) He says he does not love her and he never really loved her.
(d) He gets angry and slaps her.
3. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
(a) They begin to push and shove each other.
(b) They immediately break into song.
(c) They are both too nervous to say anything.
(d) They playfully criticize each other to try to impress Daisy.
4. What instrument does Jim Weston play?
(a) The fiddle.
(b) The accordion.
(c) The harmonica.
(d) The guitar.
5. What does Sister Thomas do after Reverend Childers and his group enter?
(a) She begins singing a traditional Methodist hymn.
(b) She sucks her teeth and turns her back to them.
(c) She flips her skirt at them and exits.
(d) She picks a fight with Deacon Lindsay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaint does Joe Clarke make about Lum Boger?
2. What does Sister Taylor suggest that changes Sister Jones' mind about testifying?
3. Why does Daisy come to the store?
4. What is Dave Carter wearing when he enters the church?
5. With what does Jim Weston hit Dave Carter?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)