|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who defends herself by saying that everyone's house has some bedbugs and lice?
(a) Sister Taylor.
(b) Sister Hambo.
(c) Sister Thomas.
(d) Sister Lewis.
2. What is missing when Joe Clarke tries to begin the trial?
(a) The gavel.
(b) The defendant.
(c) Dave Carter.
(d) The witnesses.
3. What does Sister Thomas do after Reverend Childers and his group enter?
(a) She sucks her teeth and turns her back to them.
(b) She picks a fight with Deacon Lindsay.
(c) She flips her skirt at them and exits.
(d) She begins singing a traditional Methodist hymn.
4. What are Jim Weston and Dave Carter doing as the curtain falls?
(a) Jim Weston begins by humming a tune, and Dave Carter begins to sing the lyrics.
(b) Jim Weston is humming a tune, and Dave Carter is whistling the same tune.
(c) Jim Weston is playing his guitar, and Dave Carter is singing and dancing alongside.
(d) They are walking arm in arm on their way back into town.
5. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They were at Daisy's house.
(b) They have been playing music at a whites-only club.
(c) They have been working up North at a white-owned factory.
(d) They have been out working in the fields all day.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
2. Why does Joe Clarke get frustrated with Lum Boger?
3. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
4. Jim Weston accuses Daisy of hurrying back to town to do what?
5. Who is Joe Clarke?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)