|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Noon at the Macedonia Baptist Church.
(b) 4 p.m. at the United Methodist Church.
(c) 3 p.m. at the United Methodist Church.
(d) 3 p.m. at the Macedonia Baptist Church.
2. What argument does Deacon Simms use to defend Jim Weston?
(a) He says that Jim was simply defending himself from Dave's angry tirade.
(b) He says that Jim was full of rage and did not realize what he was doing.
(c) He says that according to white law and the Bible, a mule bone is not a weapon.
(d) He says that it was an innocent disagreement between friends, but not a crime.
3. Why does Sister Jones say she won't testify for Jim Weston?
(a) She likes Dave Carter more and believes that he did not deserve to be beaten.
(b) She says she does not care what happens; she does not like Jim Weston or Dave Carter.
(c) She says she does not know enough about the fight.
(d) Her husband will not let her speak in court.
4. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He accuses him of not listening and not appreciating his music.
(b) He accuses him of being unfair and taking advantage of the situation.
(c) He thinks he is mocking him.
(d) He was supposed to be playing the fiddle.
5. What are Jim Weston and Dave Carter doing as the curtain falls?
(a) Jim Weston is playing his guitar, and Dave Carter is singing and dancing alongside.
(b) Jim Weston begins by humming a tune, and Dave Carter begins to sing the lyrics.
(c) Jim Weston is humming a tune, and Dave Carter is whistling the same tune.
(d) They are walking arm in arm on their way back into town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim Weston assume when he sees Dave coming down the tracks?
2. Which of the following best describes Sister Taylor's position about Daisy's involvement in the fight between Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
3. Why does Jim Weston pick up a heavy stick as they walk back to town?
4. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
5. What time is Jim Weston's trial scheduled to begin?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)