|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas respond to Reverend Childers' greeting?
(a) They ignore him and continue with their conversation.
(b) They glare at him and simply grunt in reply.
(c) They immediately begin to criticize his position concerning the trial.
(d) They give him polite, strained smiles but do not respond.
2. Why does Sister Jones say she won't testify for Jim Weston?
(a) She likes Dave Carter more and believes that he did not deserve to be beaten.
(b) She says she does not know enough about the fight.
(c) She says she does not care what happens; she does not like Jim Weston or Dave Carter.
(d) Her husband will not let her speak in court.
3. What does Daisy threaten to do when both Jim Weston and Dave Carter try to hug her?
(a) She threatens to go to her mother's house and leave them standing along the railroad.
(b) She threatens to find another man who will appreciate her.
(c) She threatens to leave town and return to the North.
(d) She threatens to leave them both and go back to work.
4. How many people are in the church at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The church is almost full.
(b) Exactly two people are in church, Jim Weston and Deacon Simms.
(c) The church is nearly empty.
(d) Only a handful of people are in church, but many are waiting outside.
5. Which would Daisy rather be, a lark flying or a dove setting?
(a) Daisy does not want to be a bird.
(b) A lark.
(c) Daisy would rather be a dove flying.
(d) A dove.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
2. What does Joe Clarke realize that he needs to get from the lodge room before he goes to the trial?
3. On what errand does Joe Clarke send Lum Boger?
4. Who receives the applause from the Methodist side of the church?
5. According to Reverend Childers, what is the most dangerous weapon in the world?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)