|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what errand does Joe Clarke send Lum Boger?
(a) To get Jim Weston and the mule bone from the barn.
(b) To work at the store during the trial.
(c) To get the witnesses.
(d) To get the gavel.
2. How do the Baptists respond to Jim Weston entering the church?
(a) In unison, they all turn their backs on him.
(b) They taunt him with chicken and rooster calls.
(c) The whisper about him as he walks up the aisle.
(d) They cheer him and shout words of encouragement.
3. According to Sister Taylor, what is Joe Clarke trying to look like as he heads to the trial?
(a) Like a big-city lawyer.
(b) Like a Supreme Court justice.
(c) Like a Puritan governor.
(d) Like a brigadier general.
4. On whose side is Joe Clarke in the matter of Jim Weston?
(a) He is swayed by both sides of the argument and seems unable to make up his mind.
(b) He supports the Baptist position even though he is a Methodist.
(c) He believes that Jim Weston should be forgiven but should make restitution.
(d) He is impartial and approaches his role as a fair judge.
5. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She tells him when and where the trial will be held.
(b) She tells him that Deacon Simms is looking for him.
(c) She tells him where the gavel is located.
(d) She tells him that Daisy deserves to be arrested, not Jim Weston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reverend Childers present as evidence against Jim Weston in the trial?
2. What is the setting of Act 3?
3. What does Jim Weston pour out of his shoe?
4. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
5. Sister Lewis chastises Brother Nixon for what offense?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)