|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary Ella's criticism about the Methodist Church?
(a) She says that it does not have any windows and it is located in the swamp.
(b) She says that it might be big, but they do not have enough members to fill it.
(c) She says that no matter how nice it looks, God does not visit there.
(d) She says the Methodist Church does not have a church bell.
2. To prove his love for Daisy, how much time would Jim Weston do on a chain gang?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) Forty years.
(c) Twenty years.
3. How does Joe Clarke defend himself against Sisters Taylor and Thomas when he arrives at the trial?
(a) He says he is not choosing sides; he only wants justice.
(b) He says he does not have to answer to anyone, especially to women.
(c) He says he understands their concerns, but he will not become a Baptist.
(d) He says they should all learn to look past their differences and get along with others.
4. According to Sister Taylor, what will ruin a person's eyesight?
(a) Reading without enough light.
(b) Gossiping about neighbors.
(c) Having one's eye teeth pulled out.
(d) Handling a mule bone.
5. Which of the following best describes Sister Taylor's position about Daisy's involvement in the fight between Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
(a) Sister Taylor believes that the two men would fight about any girl.
(b) Sister Taylor believes that men are responsible for their own actions.
(c) Sister Taylor believes that Daisy is innocent; it is not her fault that men find her attractive.
(d) Sister Taylor believes that Daisy caused it by showing off and teasing the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem do the Methodists have with the sermon that Reverend Childers preached on the day before the trial?
2. What instrument does Jim Weston play?
3. Hambo accuses Deacon Simms of telling what lie?
4. What accusation do the Methodists hurl at Dave Carter when he enters the church?
5. Why does Dave Carter insist that no one in town has any right to determine Jim Weston's punishment?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)