|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Deaconr Simms headed when he meets Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
(a) He is headed to the Baptist church to prepare for the trial.
(b) He is looking for Joe Clarke so the he can discuss the trial process.
(c) He is looking for the evidence that will free Jim Weston.
(d) He is going to speak to Jim Weston before the trial.
2. How do the women react when Lum Boger comes back to quiet them?
(a) They threaten him and warn him not to come near them.
(b) They apologize and quickly quiet down.
(c) They quiet down for a bit.
(d) They ignore him.
3. What does Joe Clarke realize that he needs to get from the lodge room before he goes to the trial?
(a) His judge's robe.
(b) The list of charges.
(c) The gavel.
(d) The evidence.
4. Where is the notice of Jim Weston's trial displayed?
(a) It is not posted; everyone just knows about it.
(b) It is posted in Joe Clarke's store.
(c) It is tacked to a big oak tree in town.
(d) It is posted on both church doors.
5. Where does Dave Carter suggest that Jim Weston should go at the end of Act 3?
(a) Follow Daisy.
(b) Follow the train tracks into Georgia.
(c) To Maitland.
(d) Back to town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sister Jones say she won't testify for Jim Weston?
2. Deacon Simms accuses Dave Carter of what?
3. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
4. What does Sister Taylor suggest that changes Sister Jones' mind about testifying?
5. What did Daisy do for Dave Carter the day before the trial?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)