|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They do not even notice.
(b) They agree that the women are attractive, but not as attractive as Daisy.
(c) They are too shy to speak to them directly.
(d) They agree that both women are just as pretty as Daisy.
2. What name does Sister Taylor call the girl who sasses back at her?
(a) A "Satan's chile."
(b) A "truck o' trouble."
(c) A "little heifer."
(d) A "limb of Satan."
3. What does Deacon Simms say he will use as his legal reference during the trial?
(a) He says he will use the law books that he borrowed from the library.
(b) He says he will use the evidence and let that speak for itself.
(c) He says he will use the Bible, from beginning to end.
(d) He says he will use his own legal knowledge and experience.
4. According to Sister Taylor, how ugly is Deacon Lindsay?
(a) He is so ugly that he does not need a mask for Halloween.
(b) He is so ugly that children run away from him.
(c) He is so ugly that he scares the cows and their milk dries up.
(d) He is so ugly that his wife puts a sheet over his head so sleep can sneak up on him.
5. What evidence does Sister Taylor provide to prove that her husband is good to her?
(a) He is a good father to their children.
(b) He listens to her when she has a problem.
(c) He brings home plenty of money.
(d) He brings her flowers for no reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
2. How does Sister Taylor defend herself when Joe Lindsay chastises her for arguing in church?
3. What does Jim Weston pour out of his shoe?
4. When will Jim Weston's trial begin?
5. Why is Daisy in a hurry when Jim Weston runs into her?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)