|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
(a) They are friendly toward one another.
(b) They do not agree on many ideas and do not get along.
(c) They work together to fight corruption.
(d) They are beginning to learn how to accept one another.
2. According to Lige Mosely, why should a Baptist be afraid to go swimming?
(a) Baptists only go into the water for baptism.
(b) Baptists do not know how to swim.
(c) They do not like to bathe, and swimming is a lot like bathing.
(d) Their heads are harder than rocks, so they would drown.
3. Why does Joe Clarke get frustrated with Lum Boger?
(a) He is sitting with the defendant.
(b) He has not shown up for the trial yet.
(c) He blames him for forgetting the gavel.
(d) He has not quited the crowd.
4. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They agree that the women are attractive, but not as attractive as Daisy.
(b) They do not even notice.
(c) They are too shy to speak to them directly.
(d) They agree that both women are just as pretty as Daisy.
5. According to Reverend Childers, what is the most dangerous weapon in the world?
(a) The jealousy of a man in love.
(b) A flirtatious woman.
(c) The hock bone of a mule.
(d) The anger of one friend toward another.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
2. Which of the following best describes the exchange between Sister Taylor and Deacon Lindsay?
3. What does Dave Carter say he got enough of on Saturday night (the night of the fight)?
4. What does Sister Taylor think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
5. Why does Daisy refuse both Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)