|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who defends herself by saying that everyone's house has some bedbugs and lice?
(a) Sister Thomas.
(b) Sister Taylor.
(c) Sister Hambo.
(d) Sister Lewis.
2. How many people are in the church at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The church is nearly empty.
(b) Only a handful of people are in church, but many are waiting outside.
(c) The church is almost full.
(d) Exactly two people are in church, Jim Weston and Deacon Simms.
3. Why does Jim Weston think that the "mess and stink" was all for nothing?
(a) He and Dave Carter both know that it was just a fight; he didn't mean to really hurt him
(b) He realizes that the town is consumed with religious zealotry.
(c) He knows that he has nothing more to live for.
(d) He has been kicked out of town, and now he has nothing left.
4. What does Deacon Simms say he will use as his legal reference during the trial?
(a) He says he will use the evidence and let that speak for itself.
(b) He says he will use his own legal knowledge and experience.
(c) He says he will use the law books that he borrowed from the library.
(d) He says he will use the Bible, from beginning to end.
5. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
(a) Daisy runs into the store to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
(b) The noise of the crowd.
(c) Their yelling at each other.
(d) Deacon Simms runs in to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
2. What other forgotten item does Lum Boger bring back to the trial?
3. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
4. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
5. What will Jim Weston do to support himself and Daisy?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)