|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Sister Thomas offer to explain Joe Clarke's decisions regarding the trial?
(a) She says Joe Clarke is using the trial to challenge Deacon Simms.
(b) She says Joe Clarke resents Jim Weston and is looking for an excuse to get him out of town.
(c) She says he sees it as his responsibility as mayor.
(d) She says he knows that no one else will step up to take the leadership role.
2. How does Jim Weston react when a person from the mob throws something at him?
(a) He runs into the crowd looking for the person who threw the object.
(b) He shakes his head sadly and walks away.
(c) He runs away and hides on the other side of the tracks.
(d) He picks up a brick and hurls it back at the mob.
3. What other forgotten item does Lum Boger bring back to the trial?
(a) The mule bone.
(b) The defendant.
(c) The legal documents.
(d) The Bible.
4. What are Jim Weston and Dave Carter doing as the curtain falls?
(a) Jim Weston is playing his guitar, and Dave Carter is singing and dancing alongside.
(b) Jim Weston begins by humming a tune, and Dave Carter begins to sing the lyrics.
(c) Jim Weston is humming a tune, and Dave Carter is whistling the same tune.
(d) They are walking arm in arm on their way back into town.
5. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
(a) Jim Weston makes a rude comment about Dave Carter's mother.
(b) Jim Weston accidentally hits Daisy when he swings at Dave.Carter.
(c) Jim Weston causes Dave Carter to spill red soda all over his shirt.
(d) Jim Weston breaks his nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sister Taylor, what will ruin a person's eyesight?
2. Why does Jim Weston begin to play music?
3. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
4. What evidence does Sister Hambo provide to prove that she is telling the truth?
5. Why does Sister Jones say she won't testify for Jim Weston?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)