|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim Weston begin to play music?
(a) It is the only way he can express his love for Daisy.
(b) One of the men at the store requests a song.
(c) When he is nervous, he plays music.
(d) Daisy asks him to play for her.
2. What does Jim Weston take with him as he leaves town?
(a) His guitar and a picture of him and Dave Carter.
(b) His guitar and jacket.
(c) A small suitcase and his guitar.
(d) His guitar and a handkerchief that Daisy made for him.
3. For what does Sister Taylor chastise the children in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) For getting in the way of the adults' work.
(b) For teasing the Methodist children.
(c) For not going to church on Sunday.
(d) For not including everyone in their games.
4. How is Jim Weston escorted out of town?
(a) Joe Clarke marches him out of town with a crowd of angry people behind him.
(b) Lum Boger quietly walks him to edge of town and wishes him good luck.
(c) The Baptists are trying to throw him out of town, and the Methodists are trying to pull him back in.
(d) The Methodists are trying to throw him out of town, and the Baptists are trying to pull him back in.
5. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
(a) Dave Carter.
(b) Deacon Simms.
(c) Joe Clarke.
(d) Marshal Lum Boger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. How does Joe Clarke respond to Mrs. Nixon's accusation that he mistreats his wife and sells rancid bacon?
3. How do the children react to Sister Taylor's reprimands?
4. What does Jim Weston say that makes Daisy finally choose him over Dave Carter?
5. What does Daisy threaten to do when both Jim Weston and Dave Carter try to hug her?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)