|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
(a) He joins in by singing.
(b) He dances, eventually dancing with Daisy.
(c) He goes into the store to shop.
(d) He wanders off to play poker.
2. How does Joe Clarke respond to Mrs. Nixon's accusation that he mistreats his wife and sells rancid bacon?
(a) He says she will not be allowed to buy anything else from the store until she pays back the money she owes.
(b) He says everyone knows that she lies, so he is not concerned.
(c) He says she smells like a nest of yellow hammers.
(d) He bangs his gavel and calls for order.
3. Deacon Simms accuses Dave Carter of what?
(a) Of living an unclean life.
(b) Of feeling jealous of Jim Weston.
(c) Of stealing Daisy away from Jim Weston.
(d) Of lying to Jim Weston about his injuries.
4. According to Deacon Lindsay, what does Sister Taylor smell like?
(a) Like a "neet of yellow hammers."
(b) Like a "nest of grand daddies."
(c) Like a "louse in de church."
(d) Like "de devil's doll baby."
5. What reason is given to support the idea of the Methodist minister leading the prayer?
(a) The Methodists say better prayers than the Baptists.
(b) The Methodist minister has more formal education.
(c) Dave Carter is a Methodist, so his preacher should say the prayer.
(d) The Baptists started the trouble, so they have no business leading a prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim Weston assume when he sees Dave coming down the tracks?
2. What clue in their verbal competition for Daisy suggests that Dave Carter and Jim Weston have put aside their differences?
3. Who receives the applause from the Methodist side of the church?
4. Why does Jim Weston pull Daisy down to sit on the tracks with him?
5. How does Jim Weston react when a person from the mob throws something at him?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)