|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Jim Weston and Dave Carter doing as the curtain falls?
(a) Jim Weston begins by humming a tune, and Dave Carter begins to sing the lyrics.
(b) They are walking arm in arm on their way back into town.
(c) Jim Weston is humming a tune, and Dave Carter is whistling the same tune.
(d) Jim Weston is playing his guitar, and Dave Carter is singing and dancing alongside.
2. What evidence does Sister Hambo provide to prove that she is telling the truth?
(a) She belongs to Macedonia Baptist Church and cannot lie.
(b) She swears on her mother's grave that she is telling the truth.
(c) She has six children, and they are all as honest as she is.
(d) Everyone in town knows that she always tells the truth.
3. How do the men at the store react to Mrs. Roberts' plight?
(a) They are all happy that none of them is married to her.
(b) They are embarrassed by her presence and ignore her.
(c) They all feel sorry for her and offer her money.
(d) They offer to help her home with her groceries.
4. What is Jim Weston's sentence for his crime?
(a) Community service.
(b) Two months imprisoned in the barn.
(c) Two years of exile from the town.
(d) Two years of hard labor.
5. What clue in their verbal competition for Daisy suggests that Dave Carter and Jim Weston have put aside their differences?
(a) They both laugh when Dave Carter says he would do life in prison for Daisy.
(b) Nothing; they continue to battle for Daisy's love.
(c) They put their arms around each other as they continue to banter.
(d) They talk about plans to continue playing their music.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter express their love for Daisy?
2. How do the children react to Sister Taylor's reprimands?
3. How does Daisy respond when Dave Carter and Jim Weston both choose their music over a life with her?
4. Where is Deaconr Simms headed when he meets Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
5. What does Deacon Simms say he will use as his legal reference during the trial?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)