|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the exchange between Sister Taylor and Deacon Lindsay?
(a) They playfully tease each other.
(b) They say little, but they exchange vicious glances.
(c) They criticize each other and threaten to fight.
(d) Their exchange leads to improved relations between both sides.
2. Where do Daisy and Jim Weston plan to go?
(a) They are going to move to Maitland.
(b) They plan to go to Daisy's mother's house.
(c) They plan to go back into town.
(d) They do not know where they are going.
3. Why do some women challenge Joe Clarke's involvement in Jim Weston's trial?
(a) The Baptist women criticize him because he is a Methodist.
(b) The Methodist women criticize him for holding the trial in a Baptist church.
(c) All of the women believe that he should bring in a judge from out of town.
(d) Many women believe that he should not be the judge because the incident occurred on his property.
4. When will Jim Weston's trial begin?
(a) In two weeks.
(b) In a month.
(c) The text does not state how long it will be until his trial.
(d) On Monday.
5. According to Reverend Childers, what is the most dangerous weapon in the world?
(a) The anger of one friend toward another.
(b) The jealousy of a man in love.
(c) The hock bone of a mule.
(d) A flirtatious woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hambo accuses Deacon Simms of telling what lie?
2. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
4. According to Sister Taylor, how ugly is Deacon Lindsay?
5. What other forgotten item does Lum Boger bring back to the trial?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)