|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the notice of Jim Weston's trial displayed?
(a) It is posted on both church doors.
(b) It is not posted; everyone just knows about it.
(c) It is posted in Joe Clarke's store.
(d) It is tacked to a big oak tree in town.
2. What other forgotten item does Lum Boger bring back to the trial?
(a) The mule bone.
(b) The legal documents.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The defendant.
3. What does Sister Taylor do to end the argument with the sassy young girl?
(a) She calls the girl's mother over and lets the mother deal with her.
(b) She heads to the church to tell the girl's mother.
(c) She embarrasses the girl in front her friends.
(d) She turns the girl over her knee and spanks her.
4. How does Jim Weston react when a person from the mob throws something at him?
(a) He picks up a brick and hurls it back at the mob.
(b) He runs into the crowd looking for the person who threw the object.
(c) He shakes his head sadly and walks away.
(d) He runs away and hides on the other side of the tracks.
5. Which two characters are the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts
(b) Sister Jane Babler and Sister James
(c) Jim Weston and Joe Clarke
(d) Sister Lucy Taylor and Sister Thomas
Short Answer Questions
1. On what errand does Joe Clarke send Lum Boger?
2. Who is Joe Clarke?
3. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
4. What does Deacon Simms say he will use as his legal reference during the trial?
5. What complaint does Joe Clarke make about Lum Boger?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)