|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms doing when Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive at the store?
(a) They are beating each other with the mule bone.
(b) They are shaking hands and apologizing to each other.
(c) They are playing a friendly game of checkers.
(d) They are still arguing about the town.
2. How does Sister Taylor defend herself when Joe Lindsay chastises her for arguing in church?
(a) She criticizes him for beating his wife.
(b) She says he has no right to tell her what to do.
(c) She says she is not the only one who is talking.
(d) She criticizes him for not feeding his horse.
3. How does Deacon Lindsay respond to Sister Taylor's and Sister Thomas' actions in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He extends his hand and asks for a reconciliation.
(b) He is offended and turns to leave.
(c) He laughs because he thinks they are behaving like children.
(d) He gets angry and wants to know why they aren't speaking.
4. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
(a) They work together to fight corruption.
(b) They are beginning to learn how to accept one another.
(c) They do not agree on many ideas and do not get along.
(d) They are friendly toward one another.
5. Why does Jim Weston jump up to fight Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) His pride is hurt and he wants to fight to defend his honor.
(b) He think that Dave Carter is laughing at him.
(c) Dave Carter steps on his foot when he leaves the store.
(d) He is jealous and wants to fight for Daisy's love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe Clarke respond to Mrs. Nixon's accusation that he mistreats his wife and sells rancid bacon?
2. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
3. Why does Sister Jones say she won't testify for Jim Weston?
4. What does Sister Thomas think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
5. What clue in their verbal competition for Daisy suggests that Dave Carter and Jim Weston have put aside their differences?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)