|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Sister Taylor chastise the children in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) For not including everyone in their games.
(b) For getting in the way of the adults' work.
(c) For teasing the Methodist children.
(d) For not going to church on Sunday.
2. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
(a) The snakes keep eating his chicks.
(b) He can never tell the difference between venomous and non-venomous snakes.
(c) They are messengers of the devil and represent evil.
(d) They are the only creature of which he is afraid.
3. How do the sisters Taylor and Thomas treat Deacon Simms when he arrives?
(a) They criticize him and verbally harrass him.
(b) They are supportive and wish him luck.
(c) They ignore him and continue their own conversation.
(d) They ask to pray with him for a peaceful resolution to the trial.
4. What are Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms doing when Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive at the store?
(a) They are shaking hands and apologizing to each other.
(b) They are beating each other with the mule bone.
(c) They are playing a friendly game of checkers.
(d) They are still arguing about the town.
5. With what does Jim Weston hit Dave Carter?
(a) A broken soda bottle.
(b) His fist.
(c) A chair from the porch.
(d) A mule bone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas respond to Reverend Childers' greeting?
2. According to Sister Taylor, what is Joe Clarke trying to look like as he heads to the trial?
3. Why does Sister Taylor doubt that the girl's mother will influence the girl?
4. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas greet Joe Clarke when he arrives at the trial?
5. Why does Joe Lindsay bring the mule bone to the store?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)