|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the children's journey to the church?
(a) They all race the whole way there to see who will arrive first.
(b) Both the Baptist and the Methodist children are pushing and fighting to get there first.
(c) The Baptist children decide to go first, and the Methodist children follow.
(d) The Methodist children go first, and the Baptist children follow.
2. What part of Joe Clarke's appearance does Sister Thomas criticize?
(a) She says he has a flat nose.
(b) She says his hair looks like a nest of beavers.
(c) She says he has short, stubby legs.
(d) She says he has a huge stomach.
3. Who is Joe Clarke?
(a) He is one of the men in love with Daisy.
(b) He is the Baptist minister.
(c) He is the Methodist minister.
(d) He is the owner of the general store and the mayor of the town.
4. How do the men in front of the store react to Deacon Simms' arrival?
(a) They welcome him to join their poker game.
(b) They begin to harass and verbally assault him.
(c) They try to ignore him, hoping that he will go away.
(d) They quickly hide their games and their winnings.
5. Where is Jim Weston held until his trial?
(a) Under house arrest.
(b) In Joe Clarke's barn.
(c) In the church basement.
(d) In the store's cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Deaconr Simms headed when he meets Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
2. As the evening progresses, what games do the men on the porch play?
3. Why does Joe Lindsay bring the mule bone to the store?
4. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
5. When will Jim Weston's trial begin?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)