|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sister Taylor, what will ruin a person's eyesight?
(a) Reading without enough light.
(b) Having one's eye teeth pulled out.
(c) Handling a mule bone.
(d) Gossiping about neighbors.
2. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
(b) Red rover.
(c) Chick-me, chick-me, cranie-crow.
3. What does Dave Carter buy for Daisy?
(a) Cotton candy.
(b) Some kettle corn.
(c) A red soda.
(d) An ice cream cone.
4. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
(a) They are messengers of the devil and represent evil.
(b) He can never tell the difference between venomous and non-venomous snakes.
(c) The snakes keep eating his chicks.
(d) They are the only creature of which he is afraid.
5. Where is Jim Weston held until his trial?
(a) In Joe Clarke's barn.
(b) In the store's cellar.
(c) In the church basement.
(d) Under house arrest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the exchange between Sister Taylor and Deacon Lindsay?
2. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
3. What does Sister Thomas think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
4. According to Sister Taylor, how ugly is Deacon Lindsay?
5. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)