|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Taylor do to end the argument with the sassy young girl?
(a) She turns the girl over her knee and spanks her.
(b) She heads to the church to tell the girl's mother.
(c) She calls the girl's mother over and lets the mother deal with her.
(d) She embarrasses the girl in front her friends.
2. Why does Sister Jones say she won't testify for Jim Weston?
(a) She says she does not know enough about the fight.
(b) Her husband will not let her speak in court.
(c) She likes Dave Carter more and believes that he did not deserve to be beaten.
(d) She says she does not care what happens; she does not like Jim Weston or Dave Carter.
3. Which of the following best describes the Baptist position on Jim Weston's guilt?
(a) They believe that he should be imprisoned for at least a year.
(b) They believe that he should be expelled from the town.
(c) They believe that he and Dave Carter should resolve the issue themselves.
(d) They believe that he is innocent and should be released.
4. What does Sister Taylor think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
(a) She suggests that Mrs. Blunt must be angry about Daisy's behavior.
(b) She suggests that Mrs. Blunt is a strong woman who will not let the trouble get to her.
(c) She suggests that Mrs. Blunt does not care because she has not raised Daisy properly anyway.
(d) She suggests that Mrs. Blunt must be embarrassed by all of the attention.
5. What evidence does Joe Clarke offer to support his accusation of JIm Weston?
(a) He says he has heard that he buries a lot of feathers in his back yard.
(b) He says he just looks like the type of guy who would do such a thing.
(c) He says he always behaves suspiciously.
(d) He says he has seen odd-shaped bulges in his coat pockets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
3. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
4. Which of the following best describes the children's journey to the church?
5. Where is Deaconr Simms headed when he meets Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)