|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joe Clarke?
(a) He is the Baptist minister.
(b) He is the owner of the general store and the mayor of the town.
(c) He is one of the men in love with Daisy.
(d) He is the Methodist minister.
2. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
(a) The noise of the crowd.
(b) Deacon Simms runs in to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
(c) Daisy runs into the store to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
(d) Their yelling at each other.
3. For what crime is Jim Weston being tried?
(a) Attempted murder.
(b) Disorderly conduct.
(c) Possession of an illegal weapon.
(d) Assault and battery.
4. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
(a) It is his good luck charm, so he never leaves home without it.
(b) He always carries it with him when he walks to town in order to fight off stray dogs.
(c) He says he found it while he was hunting.
(d) He says he found it behind the store.
5. With what does Jim Weston hit Dave Carter?
(a) A mule bone.
(b) A chair from the porch.
(c) His fist.
(d) A broken soda bottle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Sister Taylor call the girl who sasses back at her?
2. What does Sister Thomas do after Reverend Childers and his group enter?
3. Which of the following best describes the children's journey to the church?
4. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
5. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)