|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what crime is Jim Weston being tried?
(a) Possession of an illegal weapon.
(b) Attempted murder.
(c) Assault and battery.
(d) Disorderly conduct.
2. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
(a) They are both too nervous to say anything.
(b) They immediately break into song.
(c) They begin to push and shove each other.
(d) They playfully criticize each other to try to impress Daisy.
3. Which of the following best describes Teets Miiller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They dress up and come to the store only to show off for the men.
(b) Men are attracted to them because of their dependability and modesty.
(c) They are demure and shy.
(d) They are tomboys who want to be included in the boys' games.
4. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
(a) Her husband doesn't provide enough for her and her children.
(b) He gave meat to her neighbor, so it is only fair that he do the same for her.
(c) He owes her money for some eggs that she traded.
(d) Their religion requires that he take care of the poor.
5. What are Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms doing when Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive at the store?
(a) They are still arguing about the town.
(b) They are playing a friendly game of checkers.
(c) They are shaking hands and apologizing to each other.
(d) They are beating each other with the mule bone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What is Mary Ella's criticism about the Methodist Church?
3. Why does Joe Clarke chase away the children who are playing in front of the store?
4. What assurance does Deacon Simms give Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
5. Why does Daisy come to the store?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)