|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim Weston begin to play music?
(a) One of the men at the store requests a song.
(b) When he is nervous, he plays music.
(c) It is the only way he can express his love for Daisy.
(d) Daisy asks him to play for her.
2. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
(a) He says he found it behind the store.
(b) It is his good luck charm, so he never leaves home without it.
(c) He says he found it while he was hunting.
(d) He always carries it with him when he walks to town in order to fight off stray dogs.
3. What does Sister Taylor suggest that changes Sister Jones' mind about testifying?
(a) She assures her that everyone else in town will be testifying, so she should join in.
(b) She convinces her that Jim Weston is really an honest, hard-working man who deserves their support.
(c) She convinces her that it is their civic responsibility to testify.
(d) She says that the issue is not about Jim Weston, but about defending themselves from the Baptists.
4. How do the children react to Sister Taylor's reprimands?
(a) They say nothing, but look sheepish and wander away.
(b) They quiet down, but continue with their fighting after she leaves.
(c) They tease her and shake themselves at her.
(d) They apologize and head home.
5. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
(a) Deacon Simms.
(b) Marshal Lum Boger.
(d) Joe Clarke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
2. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas greet Joe Clarke when he arrives at the trial?
3. How do the sisters Taylor and Thomas treat Deacon Simms when he arrives?
4. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
5. What does Joe Clarke realize that he needs to get from the lodge room before he goes to the trial?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)