|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Thomas repeatedly say she needs to do before the trial?
(a) Hang her laundry.
(b) Change her clothes.
(c) Finish washing her dishes.
(d) Put the collard greens on to cook.
2. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She tells him where the gavel is located.
(b) She tells him that Daisy deserves to be arrested, not Jim Weston.
(c) She tells him that Deacon Simms is looking for him.
(d) She tells him when and where the trial will be held.
3. What are Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms doing when Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive at the store?
(a) They are still arguing about the town.
(b) They are beating each other with the mule bone.
(c) They are playing a friendly game of checkers.
(d) They are shaking hands and apologizing to each other.
4. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
(a) He ignores him and escorts Daisy into the store so he can buy her a treat.
(b) He punches Jim Weston in the stomach.
(c) He accuses Jim Weston of being an inferior musician.
(d) He apologizes to his friend.
5. What instrument does Jim Weston play?
(a) The accordion.
(b) The guitar.
(c) The fiddle.
(d) The harmonica.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will Jim Weston's trial begin?
2. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
3. Which of the following best describes Teets Miiller and Bootsie Pitts?
4. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
5. According to Sister Taylor, what is Joe Clarke trying to look like as he heads to the trial?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)