|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
(a) They are friendly toward one another.
(b) They work together to fight corruption.
(c) They do not agree on many ideas and do not get along.
(d) They are beginning to learn how to accept one another.
2. Which of the following best describes the exchange between Sister Taylor and Deacon Lindsay?
(a) They say little, but they exchange vicious glances.
(b) Their exchange leads to improved relations between both sides.
(c) They criticize each other and threaten to fight.
(d) They playfully tease each other.
3. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
(a) It is his good luck charm, so he never leaves home without it.
(b) He says he found it while he was hunting.
(c) He always carries it with him when he walks to town in order to fight off stray dogs.
(d) He says he found it behind the store.
4. How do the men in front of the store react to Deacon Simms' arrival?
(a) They begin to harass and verbally assault him.
(b) They quickly hide their games and their winnings.
(c) They try to ignore him, hoping that he will go away.
(d) They welcome him to join their poker game.
5. Which of the following best describes Sister Taylor's position about Daisy's involvement in the fight between Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
(a) Sister Taylor believes that Daisy caused it by showing off and teasing the men.
(b) Sister Taylor believes that the two men would fight about any girl.
(c) Sister Taylor believes that Daisy is innocent; it is not her fault that men find her attractive.
(d) Sister Taylor believes that men are responsible for their own actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Deacon Simms discuss after he moves beyond the subject of snakes?
2. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
3. Where is Deaconr Simms headed when he meets Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
4. When the fighting children enter, what does Sister Taylor look for, and what does she intend to do with it?
5. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)