|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They have been working up North at a white-owned factory.
(b) They were at Daisy's house.
(c) They have been playing music at a whites-only club.
(d) They have been out working in the fields all day.
2. Why does Sister Jones say she won't testify for Jim Weston?
(a) She says she does not know enough about the fight.
(b) She says she does not care what happens; she does not like Jim Weston or Dave Carter.
(c) She likes Dave Carter more and believes that he did not deserve to be beaten.
(d) Her husband will not let her speak in court.
3. What evidence does Joe Clarke offer to support his accusation of JIm Weston?
(a) He says he has seen odd-shaped bulges in his coat pockets.
(b) He says he just looks like the type of guy who would do such a thing.
(c) He says he always behaves suspiciously.
(d) He says he has heard that he buries a lot of feathers in his back yard.
4. What name does Sister Taylor call the girl who sasses back at her?
(a) A "limb of Satan."
(b) A "little heifer."
(c) A "truck o' trouble."
(d) A "Satan's chile."
5. Which of the following best describes the Baptist position on Jim Weston's guilt?
(a) They believe that he should be imprisoned for at least a year.
(b) They believe that he and Dave Carter should resolve the issue themselves.
(c) They believe that he should be expelled from the town.
(d) They believe that he is innocent and should be released.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
2. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas respond to Reverend Childers' greeting?
3. Of what, in addition to assault, does Joe Clarke suggest that Jim Weston is guilty?
4. According to Deacon Simms, what kind of day is it in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. According to Deacon Lindsay, what does Sister Taylor smell like?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)