|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Taylor say she would do with Daisy if she were her mother?
(a) She says she would not allow her out of the house.
(b) She says she would beat her for acting like a tramp.
(c) She says she would put her out of the house and let her support herself.
(d) She says she would send her back North to get her away from the men.
2. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
(a) She is not really interested in music.
(b) She does not like the kind of music they play.
(c) She refuses to comment.
(d) She likes it.
3. What is Mary Ella's criticism about the Methodist Church?
(a) She says that no matter how nice it looks, God does not visit there.
(b) She says that it might be big, but they do not have enough members to fill it.
(c) She says the Methodist Church does not have a church bell.
(d) She says that it does not have any windows and it is located in the swamp.
4. How does Joe Clarke defend himself against Sisters Taylor and Thomas when he arrives at the trial?
(a) He says they should all learn to look past their differences and get along with others.
(b) He says he is not choosing sides; he only wants justice.
(c) He says he understands their concerns, but he will not become a Baptist.
(d) He says he does not have to answer to anyone, especially to women.
5. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
(a) Marshal Lum Boger.
(b) Deacon Simms.
(d) Joe Clarke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the exchange between Sister Taylor and Deacon Lindsay?
2. How does Deacon Lindsay respond to Sister Taylor's and Sister Thomas' actions in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas greet Joe Clarke when he arrives at the trial?
4. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
5. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)