|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Deacon Lindsay, what does Sister Taylor smell like?
(a) Like "de devil's doll baby."
(b) Like a "nest of grand daddies."
(c) Like a "louse in de church."
(d) Like a "neet of yellow hammers."
2. How does Deacon Lindsay respond to Sister Taylor's and Sister Thomas' actions in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He gets angry and wants to know why they aren't speaking.
(b) He is offended and turns to leave.
(c) He extends his hand and asks for a reconciliation.
(d) He laughs because he thinks they are behaving like children.
3. What evidence does Joe Clarke offer to support his accusation of JIm Weston?
(a) He says he has heard that he buries a lot of feathers in his back yard.
(b) He says he just looks like the type of guy who would do such a thing.
(c) He says he always behaves suspiciously.
(d) He says he has seen odd-shaped bulges in his coat pockets.
4. What do the men at the store begin to talk about after Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive?
(a) They talk about the weather and how it will affect the harvest.
(b) They return to talking about the town's snake problem.
(c) They go back to arguing about whether the town needs a jail.
(d) They talk about who will win Daisy's heart.
5. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
(a) They playfully criticize each other to try to impress Daisy.
(b) They begin to push and shove each other.
(c) They are both too nervous to say anything.
(d) They immediately break into song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Sister Thomas offer to explain Joe Clarke's decisions regarding the trial?
2. Which of the following best describes the children's journey to the church?
3. What does Deacon Simms say he will use as his legal reference during the trial?
4. When the fighting children enter, what does Sister Taylor look for, and what does she intend to do with it?
5. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)