|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
(a) Their yelling at each other.
(b) The noise of the crowd.
(c) Deacon Simms runs in to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
(d) Daisy runs into the store to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
2. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He thinks he is mocking him.
(b) He accuses him of not listening and not appreciating his music.
(c) He was supposed to be playing the fiddle.
(d) He accuses him of being unfair and taking advantage of the situation.
3. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
(a) He dances, eventually dancing with Daisy.
(b) He goes into the store to shop.
(c) He wanders off to play poker.
(d) He joins in by singing.
4. What does Sister Taylor do to end the argument with the sassy young girl?
(a) She calls the girl's mother over and lets the mother deal with her.
(b) She heads to the church to tell the girl's mother.
(c) She embarrasses the girl in front her friends.
(d) She turns the girl over her knee and spanks her.
5. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
(a) Joe Clarke.
(b) Deacon Simms.
(d) Marshal Lum Boger.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sister Taylor, how ugly is Deacon Lindsay?
2. What does Dave Carter buy for Daisy?
3. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
4. What does Sister Taylor suggest that changes Sister Jones' mind about testifying?
5. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)