|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the notice of Jim Weston's trial displayed?
(a) It is posted in Joe Clarke's store.
(b) It is posted on both church doors.
(c) It is not posted; everyone just knows about it.
(d) It is tacked to a big oak tree in town.
2. For what does Sister Taylor chastise the children in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) For getting in the way of the adults' work.
(b) For not going to church on Sunday.
(c) For teasing the Methodist children.
(d) For not including everyone in their games.
3. When the fighting children enter, what does Sister Taylor look for, and what does she intend to do with it?
(a) She looks for another adult to help back her up.
(b) She looks for an easy exit so she can get away from the children.
(c) She looks for a rock to throw at the children.
(d) She looks for a stick with which she can hit the children.
4. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
(a) They are embarrassed to speak to her.
(b) They suddenly become very formal and well-mannered.
(c) No one speaks to her, but they all stare at her.
(d) They flirt with Daisy and ask her to reveal which man she prefer, Jim or Dave.
5. What does Sister Thomas do after Reverend Childers and his group enter?
(a) She flips her skirt at them and exits.
(b) She picks a fight with Deacon Lindsay.
(c) She sucks her teeth and turns her back to them.
(d) She begins singing a traditional Methodist hymn.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Jim Weston hit Dave Carter?
2. Which of the following best describes the exchange between Sister Taylor and Deacon Lindsay?
3. How has Daisy's return to town affected Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
4. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
5. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)