|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe Clarke chase away the children who are playing in front of the store?
(a) He does not really like children.
(b) The children almost broke a window in his store.
(c) They are noisy, and he cannot concentrate on his game.
(d) It is getting late and their parents will expect them home.
2. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She tells him when and where the trial will be held.
(b) She tells him that Daisy deserves to be arrested, not Jim Weston.
(c) She tells him where the gavel is located.
(d) She tells him that Deacon Simms is looking for him.
3. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
(a) He says they need to hold a prayer service to drive the snakes out of the area.
(b) He says that they should leave them alone since even snakes serve God's purpose.
(c) He says that they need to put out traps for them and relocate the snakes.
(d) He says they need to cut down the weeds around town.
4. Where is the notice of Jim Weston's trial displayed?
(a) It is posted in Joe Clarke's store.
(b) It is not posted; everyone just knows about it.
(c) It is tacked to a big oak tree in town.
(d) It is posted on both church doors.
5. What does Dave Carter do after Jim Weston hits him?
(a) Falls unconscious.
(b) Shakes his head and walks back out of town.
(c) Staggers away, supported by Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms.
(d) Staggers away, supported by Daisy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
2. Why does Jim Weston jump up to fight Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Why does Sister Jones say she won't testify for Jim Weston?
5. What does Sister Taylor think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)