|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Deacon Lindsay give to explain why he doesn't want to talk to Sister Taylor?
(a) He is too busy and on his way to work.
(b) He says she is too ugly.
(c) She is a Baptist and he does not speak to Baptists.
(d) He heard that she has been gossiping about him.
2. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
(a) He laughs because he thinks it must be a joke.
(b) He isn't sure, but agrees to bring it up at the next town meeting.
(c) He agrees and wants to hear more.
(d) He is offended and argues.
3. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
(a) She is not really interested in music.
(b) She refuses to comment.
(c) She likes it.
(d) She does not like the kind of music they play.
4. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
(a) He accuses Jim Weston of being an inferior musician.
(b) He ignores him and escorts Daisy into the store so he can buy her a treat.
(c) He apologizes to his friend.
(d) He punches Jim Weston in the stomach.
5. What does Sister Thomas think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
(a) She does not know why Mrs. Blunt is upset, since she is not directly involved in the trial.
(b) She believes that Mrs. Blunt has been asking for trouble because she has not raised Daisy properly.
(c) She believes that Mrs. Blunt must be overwhelmed by her daughter's role in the fight.
(d) She is smugly satisfied to see that Mrs. Blunt is in an awkward position.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Deacon Lindsay, what does Sister Taylor smell like?
2. What assurance does Deacon Simms give Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
3. What does Dave Carter buy for Daisy?
4. Which two characters are the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What instrument does Jim Weston play?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)