|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
(a) Marshal Lum Boger.
(b) Joe Clarke.
(c) Deacon Simms.
2. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
(a) He agrees and wants to hear more.
(b) He isn't sure, but agrees to bring it up at the next town meeting.
(c) He laughs because he thinks it must be a joke.
(d) He is offended and argues.
3. How does Joe Clarke defend himself against Sisters Taylor and Thomas when he arrives at the trial?
(a) He says he is not choosing sides; he only wants justice.
(b) He says he does not have to answer to anyone, especially to women.
(c) He says they should all learn to look past their differences and get along with others.
(d) He says he understands their concerns, but he will not become a Baptist.
4. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
(a) They are both too nervous to say anything.
(b) They playfully criticize each other to try to impress Daisy.
(c) They begin to push and shove each other.
(d) They immediately break into song.
5. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
(a) She will not say who she would choose.
(b) She says she prefers Jim Weston.
(c) She says that she is not interested in either.
(d) She says she prefers Dave Carter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Thomas think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
2. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
3. According to Sister Taylor, how ugly is Deacon Lindsay?
4. With what does Jim Weston hit Dave Carter?
5. What does Sister Taylor call the Baptist children?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)