|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Deaconr Simms headed when he meets Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
(a) He is headed to the Baptist church to prepare for the trial.
(b) He is going to speak to Jim Weston before the trial.
(c) He is looking for the evidence that will free Jim Weston.
(d) He is looking for Joe Clarke so the he can discuss the trial process.
2. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He was supposed to be playing the fiddle.
(b) He accuses him of not listening and not appreciating his music.
(c) He thinks he is mocking him.
(d) He accuses him of being unfair and taking advantage of the situation.
3. According to Sister Taylor, what is Joe Clarke trying to look like as he heads to the trial?
(a) Like a Supreme Court justice.
(b) Like a big-city lawyer.
(c) Like a brigadier general.
(d) Like a Puritan governor.
4. Where is Jim Weston held until his trial?
(a) In the church basement.
(b) In the store's cellar.
(c) Under house arrest.
(d) In Joe Clarke's barn.
5. Why does Jim Weston jump up to fight Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Dave Carter steps on his foot when he leaves the store.
(b) His pride is hurt and he wants to fight to defend his honor.
(c) He think that Dave Carter is laughing at him.
(d) He is jealous and wants to fight for Daisy's love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Thomas think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
2. What does Sister Taylor think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
3. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
4. Where is the notice of Jim Weston's trial displayed?
5. What does Sister Thomas do after Reverend Childers and his group enter?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)