|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They agree that the women are attractive, but not as attractive as Daisy.
(b) They agree that both women are just as pretty as Daisy.
(c) They are too shy to speak to them directly.
(d) They do not even notice.
2. Why does Jim Weston begin to play music?
(a) When he is nervous, he plays music.
(b) One of the men at the store requests a song.
(c) Daisy asks him to play for her.
(d) It is the only way he can express his love for Daisy.
3. What does Sister Thomas think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
(a) She does not know why Mrs. Blunt is upset, since she is not directly involved in the trial.
(b) She believes that Mrs. Blunt must be overwhelmed by her daughter's role in the fight.
(c) She is smugly satisfied to see that Mrs. Blunt is in an awkward position.
(d) She believes that Mrs. Blunt has been asking for trouble because she has not raised Daisy properly.
4. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
(a) They do not agree on many ideas and do not get along.
(b) They work together to fight corruption.
(c) They are beginning to learn how to accept one another.
(d) They are friendly toward one another.
5. How has Daisy's return to town affected Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
(a) Jim Weston is distracted by her attention, but Dave Carter is ignoring her.
(b) Daisy's return to town has put a strain on their friendship.
(c) It has not affected them at all.
(d) Dave Carter is distracted by her attention, but Jim Weston is ignoring her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Taylor suggest that changes Sister Jones' mind about testifying?
2. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. According to Sister Taylor, what will be the cause of the next trial?
4. What complaint does Joe Clarke make about Lum Boger?
5. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas greet Joe Clarke when he arrives at the trial?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)