|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the children react to Sister Taylor's reprimands?
(a) They tease her and shake themselves at her.
(b) They say nothing, but look sheepish and wander away.
(c) They apologize and head home.
(d) They quiet down, but continue with their fighting after she leaves.
2. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
(a) He goes into the store to shop.
(b) He dances, eventually dancing with Daisy.
(c) He wanders off to play poker.
(d) He joins in by singing.
3. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
(a) He needs the town to maintain a positive reputation so that he can sell his property for a profit.
(b) It's the only place that he's ever lived.
(c) He put up the money to purchase and develop the land.
(d) He was born and raised there.
4. What does Sister Taylor call the Baptist children?
(a) "Lil Baptis' Haitians."
(b) "Devil's chillen."
(c) "Limbs of Satan."
(d) "You all varmints."
5. How do the sisters Taylor and Thomas treat Deacon Simms when he arrives?
(a) They criticize him and verbally harrass him.
(b) They are supportive and wish him luck.
(c) They ignore him and continue their own conversation.
(d) They ask to pray with him for a peaceful resolution to the trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaint does Joe Clarke make about Lum Boger?
2. What does Sister Taylor suggest that changes Sister Jones' mind about testifying?
3. Why does Sister Jones say she won't testify for Jim Weston?
4. For what crime is Jim Weston being tried?
5. According to Sister Taylor, what will ruin a person's eyesight?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)