|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what errand does Joe Clarke send Lum Boger?
(a) To get the witnesses.
(b) To get the gavel.
(c) To get Jim Weston and the mule bone from the barn.
(d) To work at the store during the trial.
2. What does Sister Taylor do to end the argument with the sassy young girl?
(a) She turns the girl over her knee and spanks her.
(b) She embarrasses the girl in front her friends.
(c) She calls the girl's mother over and lets the mother deal with her.
(d) She heads to the church to tell the girl's mother.
3. How do the men at the store react to Mrs. Roberts' plight?
(a) They offer to help her home with her groceries.
(b) They all feel sorry for her and offer her money.
(c) They are embarrassed by her presence and ignore her.
(d) They are all happy that none of them is married to her.
4. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
(a) She was in prison for a suspicious accident.
(b) She was in the North working for a white family.
(c) No one knows where she has been.
(d) She was away at college.
5. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
(a) Marshal Lum Boger.
(b) Dave Carter.
(c) Deacon Simms.
(d) Joe Clarke.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Sister Taylor chastise the children in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What do the men at the store begin to talk about after Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive?
3. How do the children react to Sister Taylor's reprimands?
4. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)