|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sister Taylor, what is Joe Clarke trying to look like as he heads to the trial?
(a) Like a Puritan governor.
(b) Like a big-city lawyer.
(c) Like a brigadier general.
(d) Like a Supreme Court justice.
2. To prove his love for Daisy, how much time would Jim Weston do on a chain gang?
(b) Forty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fifty years.
3. Why does Dave Carter insist that no one in town has any right to determine Jim Weston's punishment?
(a) Jim Weston hit Dave Carter, so no one else but Dave should have anything to say about it.
(b) No one in town has any legal power.
(c) Jim Weston has been tried once; they cannot try him again.
(d) None of the people in town know anything about the law anyway.
4. What is the setting of Act 3?
(a) Near sunrise along the railroad tracks outside of town.
(b) Near Maitland at sundown.
(c) Near sundown along the railroad tracks outside of town.
(d) At sunrise near Maitland.
5. What did Daisy do for Dave Carter the day before the trial?
(a) Daisy washed and ironed his clothes for him.
(b) Daisy rubbed his head for him.
(c) Daisy made him a lunch plate.
(d) Daisy brought him some fresh strawberries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaint does Joe Clarke make about Lum Boger?
2. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
3. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
4. How does Daisy respond to Jim's anger over her visit with Dave Carter?
5. What are Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms doing when Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive at the store?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)