|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He was supposed to be playing the fiddle.
(b) He accuses him of being unfair and taking advantage of the situation.
(c) He accuses him of not listening and not appreciating his music.
(d) He thinks he is mocking him.
2. According to Sister Taylor, how ugly is Deacon Lindsay?
(a) He is so ugly that children run away from him.
(b) He is so ugly that his wife puts a sheet over his head so sleep can sneak up on him.
(c) He is so ugly that he does not need a mask for Halloween.
(d) He is so ugly that he scares the cows and their milk dries up.
3. Why does Sister Taylor doubt that the girl's mother will influence the girl?
(a) She knows that the mother tries but has no control over the daughter.
(b) She says that a child that mean will not listen to anyone.
(c) She knows that the girl only listens to her father.
(d) She says the girl's mother does not behave any better than the daughter.
4. On what errand does Joe Clarke send Lum Boger?
(a) To get the gavel.
(b) To get the witnesses.
(c) To work at the store during the trial.
(d) To get Jim Weston and the mule bone from the barn.
5. What does Sister Taylor say she would do with Daisy if she were her mother?
(a) She says she would not allow her out of the house.
(b) She says she would beat her for acting like a tramp.
(c) She says she would put her out of the house and let her support herself.
(d) She says she would send her back North to get her away from the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color shirt is Dave Carter wearing?
2. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
3. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
4. How does Deacon Lindsay respond to Sister Taylor's and Sister Thomas' actions in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)