|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Taylor suggest that changes Sister Jones' mind about testifying?
(a) She assures her that everyone else in town will be testifying, so she should join in.
(b) She convinces her that it is their civic responsibility to testify.
(c) She says that the issue is not about Jim Weston, but about defending themselves from the Baptists.
(d) She convinces her that Jim Weston is really an honest, hard-working man who deserves their support.
2. What does Reverend Childers present as evidence against Jim Weston in the trial?
(a) He uses the testimony of witnesses to prove that the beating was violent.
(b) He cites the rumor that Jim Weston has been stealing chickens.
(c) He presents the biblical story of Sampson and the Philistines.
(d) He uses Jim Weston's own confession against him.
3. What name does Sister Taylor call the girl who sasses back at her?
(a) A "truck o' trouble."
(b) A "Satan's chile."
(c) A "limb of Satan."
(d) A "little heifer."
4. How do the men at the store react to Mrs. Roberts' plight?
(a) They are all happy that none of them is married to her.
(b) They offer to help her home with her groceries.
(c) They are embarrassed by her presence and ignore her.
(d) They all feel sorry for her and offer her money.
5. How do the men in front of the store react to Deacon Simms' arrival?
(a) They begin to harass and verbally assault him.
(b) They quickly hide their games and their winnings.
(c) They try to ignore him, hoping that he will go away.
(d) They welcome him to join their poker game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence does Sister Hambo provide to prove that she is telling the truth?
2. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
3. Which of the following best describes the children's journey to the church?
4. What evidence does Dave Carter present to prove that he is as clean as everybody else?
5. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)