|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) 4 p.m. at the United Methodist Church.
(b) 3 p.m. at the United Methodist Church.
(c) 3 p.m. at the Macedonia Baptist Church.
(d) Noon at the Macedonia Baptist Church.
2. What does Joe Clarke realize that he needs to get from the lodge room before he goes to the trial?
(a) The list of charges.
(b) The gavel.
(c) The evidence.
(d) His judge's robe.
3. What name does Sister Taylor call the girl who sasses back at her?
(a) A "truck o' trouble."
(b) A "Satan's chile."
(c) A "little heifer."
(d) A "limb of Satan."
4. Why does Daisy come to the store?
(a) She needs to pick up some items for her mother.
(b) She needs to buy some stamps.
(c) She wants to show off her new dress for all of the men.
(d) She wants to challenge the men to a high-stakes poker game.
5. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
(a) He dances, eventually dancing with Daisy.
(b) He wanders off to play poker.
(c) He goes into the store to shop.
(d) He joins in by singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas respond to Reverend Childers' greeting?
2. How does Brother Nixon respond to Sister Lewis' chastisement?
3. On whose side is Joe Clarke in the matter of Jim Weston?
4. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
5. What explanation does Sister Thomas offer to explain Joe Clarke's decisions regarding the trial?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)