|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They do not even notice.
(b) They are too shy to speak to them directly.
(c) They agree that the women are attractive, but not as attractive as Daisy.
(d) They agree that both women are just as pretty as Daisy.
2. What time is Jim Weston's trial scheduled to begin?
(a) Seven o'clock.
(b) Three o'clock.
(c) Four o'clock.
3. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
(a) He can never tell the difference between venomous and non-venomous snakes.
(b) They are the only creature of which he is afraid.
(c) The snakes keep eating his chicks.
(d) They are messengers of the devil and represent evil.
4. What does Sister Thomas do after Reverend Childers and his group enter?
(a) She sucks her teeth and turns her back to them.
(b) She flips her skirt at them and exits.
(c) She picks a fight with Deacon Lindsay.
(d) She begins singing a traditional Methodist hymn.
5. How does Joe Clarke defend himself against Sisters Taylor and Thomas when he arrives at the trial?
(a) He says he does not have to answer to anyone, especially to women.
(b) He says he is not choosing sides; he only wants justice.
(c) He says they should all learn to look past their differences and get along with others.
(d) He says he understands their concerns, but he will not become a Baptist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
2. According to the characters at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, how are Reverend Childers and Deacon Simms different?
3. What evidence does Sister Taylor provide to prove that her husband is good to her?
4. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
5. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)