|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
(a) No one speaks to her, but they all stare at her.
(b) They suddenly become very formal and well-mannered.
(c) They flirt with Daisy and ask her to reveal which man she prefer, Jim or Dave.
(d) They are embarrassed to speak to her.
2. According to Deacon Lindsay, what does Sister Taylor smell like?
(a) Like a "neet of yellow hammers."
(b) Like a "louse in de church."
(c) Like "de devil's doll baby."
(d) Like a "nest of grand daddies."
3. How do the men at the store react to Mrs. Roberts' plight?
(a) They are all happy that none of them is married to her.
(b) They all feel sorry for her and offer her money.
(c) They offer to help her home with her groceries.
(d) They are embarrassed by her presence and ignore her.
4. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
(a) He needs to return it to Joe Lindsay.
(b) He needs it for evidence at the trial.
(c) He wants to make sure that no one else uses it as a weapon.
(d) He needs to return it to Matt Brazzle.
5. Why does Jim Weston jump up to fight Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Dave Carter steps on his foot when he leaves the store.
(b) He is jealous and wants to fight for Daisy's love.
(c) His pride is hurt and he wants to fight to defend his honor.
(d) He think that Dave Carter is laughing at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Sister Taylor's position about Daisy's involvement in the fight between Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
2. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who is Joe Clarke?
4. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
5. Which of the following best describes the Baptist position on Jim Weston's guilt?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)