|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
(a) She will not say who she would choose.
(b) She says she prefers Jim Weston.
(c) She says that she is not interested in either.
(d) She says she prefers Dave Carter.
2. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He accuses him of not listening and not appreciating his music.
(b) He thinks he is mocking him.
(c) He was supposed to be playing the fiddle.
(d) He accuses him of being unfair and taking advantage of the situation.
3. What is missing when Joe Clarke tries to begin the trial?
(a) The defendant.
(b) The witnesses.
(c) Dave Carter.
(d) The gavel.
4. What does Sister Taylor say she would do with Daisy if she were her mother?
(a) She says she would not allow her out of the house.
(b) She says she would beat her for acting like a tramp.
(c) She says she would send her back North to get her away from the men.
(d) She says she would put her out of the house and let her support herself.
5. How many people are in the church at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The church is almost full.
(b) Exactly two people are in church, Jim Weston and Deacon Simms.
(c) The church is nearly empty.
(d) Only a handful of people are in church, but many are waiting outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the women react when Lum Boger comes back to quiet them?
2. For what does Sister Taylor chastise the children in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
4. What does Reverend Childers present as evidence against Jim Weston in the trial?
5. What does Sister Taylor suggest that Sister Lewis should do for her daughter?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)