|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe Clarke try to quiet the crowd when he enters the church?
(a) He frowns at the crowd.
(b) He rings the church bell in order to get their attention.
(c) He yells at them to be quiet.
(d) He sends Lum Boger in to quiet everyone.
2. What reason is given to support the idea of the Baptist minister leading the prayer before trial?
(a) The trial is in his church, so he should say the prayer.
(b) The Baptist minister has more formal education.
(c) Joe Clarke is a Baptist, and he is acting as the judge.
(d) The Baptists say better prayers that the Methodists.
3. What evidence does Joe Clarke offer to support his accusation of JIm Weston?
(a) He says he always behaves suspiciously.
(b) He says he just looks like the type of guy who would do such a thing.
(c) He says he has seen odd-shaped bulges in his coat pockets.
(d) He says he has heard that he buries a lot of feathers in his back yard.
4. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She left her pocketbook at the store.
(b) She forgot to pick something up for her mother.
(c) She hears Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music,
(d) She is coming in to work her shift at the store.
5. What explanation does Deacon Lindsay give to explain why he doesn't want to talk to Sister Taylor?
(a) He says she is too ugly.
(b) He heard that she has been gossiping about him.
(c) She is a Baptist and he does not speak to Baptists.
(d) He is too busy and on his way to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave Carter buy for Daisy?
2. What Bible does Reverend Childers end up using?
3. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
4. Why does Deacon Simms refuse to allow Reverend Childers to use his Bible?
5. As the evening progresses, what games do the men on the porch play?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)