|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
(a) He says they need to hold a prayer service to drive the snakes out of the area.
(b) He says that they need to put out traps for them and relocate the snakes.
(c) He says they need to cut down the weeds around town.
(d) He says that they should leave them alone since even snakes serve God's purpose.
2. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
(a) She was away at college.
(b) She was in the North working for a white family.
(c) No one knows where she has been.
(d) She was in prison for a suspicious accident.
3. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
(a) They playfully criticize each other to try to impress Daisy.
(b) They are both too nervous to say anything.
(c) They immediately break into song.
(d) They begin to push and shove each other.
4. How do the children react to Sister Taylor's reprimands?
(a) They say nothing, but look sheepish and wander away.
(b) They quiet down, but continue with their fighting after she leaves.
(c) They apologize and head home.
(d) They tease her and shake themselves at her.
5. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
(a) He needs it for evidence at the trial.
(b) He needs to return it to Joe Lindsay.
(c) He needs to return it to Matt Brazzle.
(d) He wants to make sure that no one else uses it as a weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brother Nixon respond to Sister Lewis' chastisement?
2. What evidence does Joe Clarke offer to support his accusation of JIm Weston?
3. What color shirt is Dave Carter wearing?
4. What order does Joe Clarke give to the people at the trial before they leave the church?
5. Why does Joe Clarke chase away the children who are playing in front of the store?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)