|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Deacon Simms discuss after he moves beyond the subject of snakes?
(a) He begins to gossip about Daisy Blunt.
(b) He wants to talk about making improvements to the town's school.
(c) He wants to know what the men think about Mrs. Roberts.
(d) He begins to preach about changes that the town needs.
2. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
(a) Their religion requires that he take care of the poor.
(b) He gave meat to her neighbor, so it is only fair that he do the same for her.
(c) He owes her money for some eggs that she traded.
(d) Her husband doesn't provide enough for her and her children.
3. With what does Jim Weston hit Dave Carter?
(a) A broken soda bottle.
(b) A chair from the porch.
(c) His fist.
(d) A mule bone.
4. Who defends herself by saying that everyone's house has some bedbugs and lice?
(a) Sister Hambo.
(b) Sister Lewis.
(c) Sister Taylor.
(d) Sister Thomas.
5. What argument does Deacon Simms use to defend Jim Weston?
(a) He says that Jim was simply defending himself from Dave's angry tirade.
(b) He says that it was an innocent disagreement between friends, but not a crime.
(c) He says that Jim was full of rage and did not realize what he was doing.
(d) He says that according to white law and the Bible, a mule bone is not a weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Why does Joe Clarke get frustrated with Lum Boger?
3. What does Sister Pitt suggest they must do before the trial begins?
4. According to Sister Taylor, what will ruin a person's eyesight?
5. How do the men at the store react to Mrs. Roberts' plight?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)