|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim Weston respond to the Baptists' actions when he enters the church?
(a) He hangs his head and refuses to make eye contact with anyone.
(b) He threatens them with physical harm if they bother him.
(c) He jumps over a church bench and punches one of them.
(d) He tries to run out of the church and escape.
2. As the evening progresses, what games do the men on the porch play?
(a) They shoot dice.
(b) They alternate between cards and playing checkers.
(c) They play Scrabble.
(d) They play hangman.
3. What evidence does Sister Hambo provide to prove that she is telling the truth?
(a) She has six children, and they are all as honest as she is.
(b) Everyone in town knows that she always tells the truth.
(c) She swears on her mother's grave that she is telling the truth.
(d) She belongs to Macedonia Baptist Church and cannot lie.
4. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
(a) Jim Weston breaks his nose.
(b) Jim Weston makes a rude comment about Dave Carter's mother.
(c) Jim Weston causes Dave Carter to spill red soda all over his shirt.
(d) Jim Weston accidentally hits Daisy when he swings at Dave.Carter.
5. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
(a) The jail will provide some much-needed jobs.
(b) The jail will bring in government money.
(c) The church basement is overcrowded with prisoners.
(d) The town is full of lawlessness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accusation do the Methodists hurl at Dave Carter when he enters the church?
2. What does Sister Taylor suggest that Sister Lewis should do for her daughter?
3. When will Jim Weston's trial begin?
4. What name does Sister Taylor call the girl who sasses back at her?
5. What does Sister Taylor do to end the argument with the sassy young girl?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)