|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Baptists respond to Jim Weston entering the church?
(a) In unison, they all turn their backs on him.
(b) They taunt him with chicken and rooster calls.
(c) The whisper about him as he walks up the aisle.
(d) They cheer him and shout words of encouragement.
2. When the fighting children enter, what does Sister Taylor look for, and what does she intend to do with it?
(a) She looks for another adult to help back her up.
(b) She looks for a stick with which she can hit the children.
(c) She looks for a rock to throw at the children.
(d) She looks for an easy exit so she can get away from the children.
3. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He thinks he is mocking him.
(b) He accuses him of not listening and not appreciating his music.
(c) He accuses him of being unfair and taking advantage of the situation.
(d) He was supposed to be playing the fiddle.
4. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
(a) Their religion requires that he take care of the poor.
(b) He owes her money for some eggs that she traded.
(c) Her husband doesn't provide enough for her and her children.
(d) He gave meat to her neighbor, so it is only fair that he do the same for her.
5. Where is Deaconr Simms headed when he meets Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
(a) He is looking for the evidence that will free Jim Weston.
(b) He is headed to the Baptist church to prepare for the trial.
(c) He is looking for Joe Clarke so the he can discuss the trial process.
(d) He is going to speak to Jim Weston before the trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reverend Childers, what is the most dangerous weapon in the world?
2. What complaint does Joe Clarke make about Lum Boger?
3. On whose side is Joe Clarke in the matter of Jim Weston?
4. What assurance does Deacon Simms give Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
5. Why does Sister Jones say she won't testify for Jim Weston?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)