|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jim Weston's sentence for his crime?
(a) Two months imprisoned in the barn.
(b) Two years of hard labor.
(c) Two years of exile from the town.
(d) Community service.
2. What problem do the Methodists have with the sermon that Reverend Childers preached on the day before the trial?
(a) His ideas are not supported by the Bible's teachings.
(b) The sermon was too sympathetic to Jim Weston's case.
(c) They accuse him of trying the case before the actual trial.
(d) The sermon lasted far too long.
3. How do the men at the store react to Mrs. Roberts' plight?
(a) They offer to help her home with her groceries.
(b) They are all happy that none of them is married to her.
(c) They all feel sorry for her and offer her money.
(d) They are embarrassed by her presence and ignore her.
4. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
(a) They suddenly become very formal and well-mannered.
(b) They flirt with Daisy and ask her to reveal which man she prefer, Jim or Dave.
(c) They are embarrassed to speak to her.
(d) No one speaks to her, but they all stare at her.
5. Deacon Simms accuses Dave Carter of what?
(a) Of stealing Daisy away from Jim Weston.
(b) Of feeling jealous of Jim Weston.
(c) Of lying to Jim Weston about his injuries.
(d) Of living an unclean life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
2. Why does Deacon Simms refuse to allow Reverend Childers to use his Bible?
3. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
4. What does Sister Thomas do after Reverend Childers and his group enter?
5. According to the characters at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, how are Reverend Childers and Deacon Simms different?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)