|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joe Clarke?
(a) He is one of the men in love with Daisy.
(b) He is the owner of the general store and the mayor of the town.
(c) He is the Baptist minister.
(d) He is the Methodist minister.
2. Why does Joe Clarke chase away the children who are playing in front of the store?
(a) It is getting late and their parents will expect them home.
(b) They are noisy, and he cannot concentrate on his game.
(c) He does not really like children.
(d) The children almost broke a window in his store.
3. Which of the following best describes the exchange between Sister Taylor and Deacon Lindsay?
(a) They say little, but they exchange vicious glances.
(b) Their exchange leads to improved relations between both sides.
(c) They criticize each other and threaten to fight.
(d) They playfully tease each other.
4. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
(a) He says they need to hold a prayer service to drive the snakes out of the area.
(b) He says they need to cut down the weeds around town.
(c) He says that they need to put out traps for them and relocate the snakes.
(d) He says that they should leave them alone since even snakes serve God's purpose.
5. Why does Sister Jones say she won't testify for Jim Weston?
(a) She says she does not know enough about the fight.
(b) Her husband will not let her speak in court.
(c) She says she does not care what happens; she does not like Jim Weston or Dave Carter.
(d) She likes Dave Carter more and believes that he did not deserve to be beaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Sister Taylor chastise the children in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Sister Taylor call the Baptist children?
3. Why does Joe Lindsay bring the mule bone to the store?
4. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
5. What is missing when Joe Clarke tries to begin the trial?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)