|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will Jim Weston's trial begin?
(a) In a month.
(b) In two weeks.
(c) The text does not state how long it will be until his trial.
(d) On Monday.
2. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She is coming in to work her shift at the store.
(b) She left her pocketbook at the store.
(c) She forgot to pick something up for her mother.
(d) She hears Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music,
3. How does Deacon Lindsay respond to Sister Taylor's and Sister Thomas' actions in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He laughs because he thinks they are behaving like children.
(b) He extends his hand and asks for a reconciliation.
(c) He gets angry and wants to know why they aren't speaking.
(d) He is offended and turns to leave.
4. Why does Jim Weston begin to play music?
(a) Daisy asks him to play for her.
(b) One of the men at the store requests a song.
(c) When he is nervous, he plays music.
(d) It is the only way he can express his love for Daisy.
5. Which of the following best describes Sister Taylor's position about Daisy's involvement in the fight between Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
(a) Sister Taylor believes that Daisy is innocent; it is not her fault that men find her attractive.
(b) Sister Taylor believes that men are responsible for their own actions.
(c) Sister Taylor believes that the two men would fight about any girl.
(d) Sister Taylor believes that Daisy caused it by showing off and teasing the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defends herself by saying that everyone's house has some bedbugs and lice?
2. What does Dave Carter do after Jim Weston hits him?
3. Who orders Jim' Weston's arrest?
4. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. According to Sister Taylor, what will be the cause of the next trial?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)