|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Taylor suggest that changes Sister Jones' mind about testifying?
(a) She convinces her that it is their civic responsibility to testify.
(b) She convinces her that Jim Weston is really an honest, hard-working man who deserves their support.
(c) She assures her that everyone else in town will be testifying, so she should join in.
(d) She says that the issue is not about Jim Weston, but about defending themselves from the Baptists.
2. Where is Jim Weston held until his trial?
(a) In the church basement.
(b) Under house arrest.
(c) In the store's cellar.
(d) In Joe Clarke's barn.
3. With what does Jim Weston hit Dave Carter?
(a) A chair from the porch.
(b) His fist.
(c) A mule bone.
(d) A broken soda bottle.
4. What is Dave Carter wearing when he enters the church?
(a) A cast on his arm.
(b) A bandage on his head.
(c) A neck brace.
(d) A large black hat.
5. What does Sister Taylor call the Baptist children?
(a) "You all varmints."
(b) "Devil's chillen."
(c) "Limbs of Satan."
(d) "Lil Baptis' Haitians."
Short Answer Questions
1. When will Jim Weston's trial begin?
2. Who is Joe Clarke?
3. On whose side is Joe Clarke in the matter of Jim Weston?
4. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
5. What does Sister Taylor say she would do with Daisy if she were her mother?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)