|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
(a) Jim Weston accidentally hits Daisy when he swings at Dave.Carter.
(b) Jim Weston makes a rude comment about Dave Carter's mother.
(c) Jim Weston breaks his nose.
(d) Jim Weston causes Dave Carter to spill red soda all over his shirt.
2. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She tells him when and where the trial will be held.
(b) She tells him that Deacon Simms is looking for him.
(c) She tells him that Daisy deserves to be arrested, not Jim Weston.
(d) She tells him where the gavel is located.
3. Who is Joe Clarke?
(a) He is the Methodist minister.
(b) He is one of the men in love with Daisy.
(c) He is the owner of the general store and the mayor of the town.
(d) He is the Baptist minister.
4. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
(a) He needs to return it to Joe Lindsay.
(b) He wants to make sure that no one else uses it as a weapon.
(c) He needs it for evidence at the trial.
(d) He needs to return it to Matt Brazzle.
5. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
(a) He says that they need to put out traps for them and relocate the snakes.
(b) He says they need to cut down the weeds around town.
(c) He says they need to hold a prayer service to drive the snakes out of the area.
(d) He says that they should leave them alone since even snakes serve God's purpose.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Deacon Lindsay, what does Sister Taylor smell like?
2. What evidence does Sister Taylor provide to prove that her husband is good to her?
3. What does Daisy think of Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music?
4. Why does Joe Lindsay bring the mule bone to the store?
5. According to Sister Taylor, what will ruin a person's eyesight?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)