|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave Carter wearing when he enters the church?
(a) A cast on his arm.
(b) A neck brace.
(c) A bandage on his head.
(d) A large black hat.
2. Which of the following best describes the children's journey to the church?
(a) The Baptist children decide to go first, and the Methodist children follow.
(b) The Methodist children go first, and the Baptist children follow.
(c) They all race the whole way there to see who will arrive first.
(d) Both the Baptist and the Methodist children are pushing and fighting to get there first.
3. What evidence does Sister Hambo provide to prove that she is telling the truth?
(a) Everyone in town knows that she always tells the truth.
(b) She belongs to Macedonia Baptist Church and cannot lie.
(c) She has six children, and they are all as honest as she is.
(d) She swears on her mother's grave that she is telling the truth.
4. Which two characters are the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Sister Jane Babler and Sister James
(b) Jim Weston and Joe Clarke
(c) Sister Lucy Taylor and Sister Thomas
(d) Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts
5. How does Joe Clarke defend himself against Sisters Taylor and Thomas when he arrives at the trial?
(a) He says he understands their concerns, but he will not become a Baptist.
(b) He says they should all learn to look past their differences and get along with others.
(c) He says he does not have to answer to anyone, especially to women.
(d) He says he is not choosing sides; he only wants justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hambo accuses Deacon Simms of telling what lie?
2. How does Joe Clarke respond to Mrs. Nixon's accusation that he mistreats his wife and sells rancid bacon?
3. How do the women react when Lum Boger comes back to quiet them?
4. Where is the notice of Jim Weston's trial displayed?
5. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)