|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the charge of assault and battery, how does Jim Weston plead?
(a) He says he did not do it and is not guilty.
(b) He says he is sorry that he did it, but he is not guilty.
(c) He says he is sorry and pleads guilty.
(d) He says he did it and would do it again, but he's not guilty.
2. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
(a) They suddenly become very formal and well-mannered.
(b) They flirt with Daisy and ask her to reveal which man she prefer, Jim or Dave.
(c) They are embarrassed to speak to her.
(d) No one speaks to her, but they all stare at her.
3. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She tells him that Deacon Simms is looking for him.
(b) She tells him when and where the trial will be held.
(c) She tells him where the gavel is located.
(d) She tells him that Daisy deserves to be arrested, not Jim Weston.
4. Why does Jim Weston jump up to fight Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He think that Dave Carter is laughing at him.
(b) He is jealous and wants to fight for Daisy's love.
(c) His pride is hurt and he wants to fight to defend his honor.
(d) Dave Carter steps on his foot when he leaves the store.
5. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
(a) Jim Weston breaks his nose.
(b) Jim Weston causes Dave Carter to spill red soda all over his shirt.
(c) Jim Weston makes a rude comment about Dave Carter's mother.
(d) Jim Weston accidentally hits Daisy when he swings at Dave.Carter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. How does Jim Weston respond to the Baptists' actions when he enters the church?
3. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas greet Joe Clarke when he arrives at the trial?
4. What does Sister Pitt suggest they must do before the trial begins?
5. According to Deacon Simms, what kind of day is it in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)