|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Daisy's return to town affected Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
(a) Daisy's return to town has put a strain on their friendship.
(b) Jim Weston is distracted by her attention, but Dave Carter is ignoring her.
(c) Dave Carter is distracted by her attention, but Jim Weston is ignoring her.
(d) It has not affected them at all.
2. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She forgot to pick something up for her mother.
(b) She is coming in to work her shift at the store.
(c) She left her pocketbook at the store.
(d) She hears Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music,
3. What are Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms doing when Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive at the store?
(a) They are playing a friendly game of checkers.
(b) They are beating each other with the mule bone.
(c) They are still arguing about the town.
(d) They are shaking hands and apologizing to each other.
4. For what does Sister Taylor chastise the children in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) For not including everyone in their games.
(b) For not going to church on Sunday.
(c) For teasing the Methodist children.
(d) For getting in the way of the adults' work.
5. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas greet Joe Clarke when he arrives at the trial?
(a) They wish him luck.
(b) They ask to pray with him for a peaceful resolution to the trial.
(c) They ignore him and do not speak to him at all.
(d) They criticize him for taking the Baptist side of the argument.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim Weston respond to the Baptists' actions when he enters the church?
2. What evidence does Joe Clarke offer to support his accusation of JIm Weston?
3. What other forgotten item does Lum Boger bring back to the trial?
4. As the evening progresses, what games do the men on the porch play?
5. According to Deacon Lindsay, what does Sister Taylor smell like?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)