|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sister Taylor, what will ruin a person's eyesight?
(a) Gossiping about neighbors.
(b) Reading without enough light.
(c) Handling a mule bone.
(d) Having one's eye teeth pulled out.
2. According to Lige Mosely, why should a Baptist be afraid to go swimming?
(a) They do not like to bathe, and swimming is a lot like bathing.
(b) Baptists only go into the water for baptism.
(c) Their heads are harder than rocks, so they would drown.
(d) Baptists do not know how to swim.
3. What does Deacon Simms discuss after he moves beyond the subject of snakes?
(a) He wants to talk about making improvements to the town's school.
(b) He begins to gossip about Daisy Blunt.
(c) He begins to preach about changes that the town needs.
(d) He wants to know what the men think about Mrs. Roberts.
4. How do the men at the store react to the arrival of Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts?
(a) They do not even notice.
(b) They agree that both women are just as pretty as Daisy.
(c) They are too shy to speak to them directly.
(d) They agree that the women are attractive, but not as attractive as Daisy.
5. What accusation do the Methodists hurl at Dave Carter when he enters the church?
(a) They believe that he started the fight and deserved what he got.
(b) They belive that he just wants to cause trouble in town.
(c) They believe that he has stolen Joe Clarke's chickens.
(d) They believe that he is faking his injury, trying to look hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Joe Clarke's appearance does Sister Thomas criticize?
2. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
3. What is Dave Carter wearing when he enters the church?
4. What evidence does Dave Carter present to prove that he is as clean as everybody else?
5. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)