|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Deacon Lindsay, what does Sister Taylor smell like?
(a) Like a "nest of grand daddies."
(b) Like a "louse in de church."
(c) Like "de devil's doll baby."
(d) Like a "neet of yellow hammers."
2. How many people are in the church at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Exactly two people are in church, Jim Weston and Deacon Simms.
(b) The church is nearly empty.
(c) Only a handful of people are in church, but many are waiting outside.
(d) The church is almost full.
3. Which two characters are the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Sister Lucy Taylor and Sister Thomas
(b) Sister Jane Babler and Sister James
(c) Jim Weston and Joe Clarke
(d) Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts
4. How has Daisy's return to town affected Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
(a) It has not affected them at all.
(b) Daisy's return to town has put a strain on their friendship.
(c) Dave Carter is distracted by her attention, but Jim Weston is ignoring her.
(d) Jim Weston is distracted by her attention, but Dave Carter is ignoring her.
5. For what crime is Jim Weston being tried?
(a) Assault and battery.
(b) Possession of an illegal weapon.
(c) Disorderly conduct.
(d) Attempted murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what, in addition to assault, does Joe Clarke suggest that Jim Weston is guilty?
2. What problem do the Methodists have with the sermon that Reverend Childers preached on the day before the trial?
3. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
4. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
5. What color shirt is Dave Carter wearing?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)