|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave Carter wearing when he enters the church?
(a) A neck brace.
(b) A bandage on his head.
(c) A cast on his arm.
(d) A large black hat.
2. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
(a) He apologizes to his friend.
(b) He punches Jim Weston in the stomach.
(c) He accuses Jim Weston of being an inferior musician.
(d) He ignores him and escorts Daisy into the store so he can buy her a treat.
3. How does Lum Boger respond to the women's reactions when he comes back to quiet them?
(a) He stands next to them and glares at them.
(b) He gets angry and begins to yell at them.
(c) He meekly returns to his seat next to Jim Weston.
(d) He grumbles under his breath and kicks their chairs.
4. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She tells him where the gavel is located.
(b) She tells him when and where the trial will be held.
(c) She tells him that Deacon Simms is looking for him.
(d) She tells him that Daisy deserves to be arrested, not Jim Weston.
5. What do the men at the store begin to talk about after Jim Weston and Dave Carter arrive?
(a) They return to talking about the town's snake problem.
(b) They go back to arguing about whether the town needs a jail.
(c) They talk about who will win Daisy's heart.
(d) They talk about the weather and how it will affect the harvest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary Ella's criticism about the Methodist Church?
2. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
3. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
4. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
5. How does Deacon Simms suggest that they end the trial?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)