|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
(a) Marshal Lum Boger.
(b) Dave Carter.
(c) Deacon Simms.
(d) Joe Clarke.
2. According to Sister Taylor, what will be the cause of the next trial?
(a) Daisy will be on trial for causing all of the turmoil in town.
(b) She will be on trial for beating other people's children.
(c) She will be on trial for beating some of the Baptists.
(d) Deacon Lindsay will be on trial for beating a woman.
3. According to Deacon Simms, why does the town need a jail?
(a) The town is full of lawlessness.
(b) The church basement is overcrowded with prisoners.
(c) The jail will bring in government money.
(d) The jail will provide some much-needed jobs.
4. What does Deacon Simms discuss after he moves beyond the subject of snakes?
(a) He begins to gossip about Daisy Blunt.
(b) He wants to talk about making improvements to the town's school.
(c) He wants to know what the men think about Mrs. Roberts.
(d) He begins to preach about changes that the town needs.
5. According to Reverend Childers, what is the most dangerous weapon in the world?
(a) The jealousy of a man in love.
(b) The anger of one friend toward another.
(c) The hock bone of a mule.
(d) A flirtatious woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Deacon Lindsay give to explain why he doesn't want to talk to Sister Taylor?
2. With what does Jim Weston hit Dave Carter?
3. How do the children react to Sister Taylor's reprimands?
4. What time is Jim Weston's trial scheduled to begin?
5. Which of the following best describes the exchange between Sister Taylor and Deacon Lindsay?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)