|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men at the store react to Mrs. Roberts' plight?
(a) They are all happy that none of them is married to her.
(b) They all feel sorry for her and offer her money.
(c) They are embarrassed by her presence and ignore her.
(d) They offer to help her home with her groceries.
2. How does Brother Nixon respond to Sister Lewis' chastisement?
(a) He looks at her innocently and pretends that he has done nothing.
(b) He mocks her and shakes himself at her.
(c) He pretends that he cannot hear her.
(d) He apologizes and then sits quietly.
3. What reason is given to support the idea of the Methodist minister leading the prayer?
(a) The Methodist minister has more formal education.
(b) The Baptists started the trouble, so they have no business leading a prayer.
(c) Dave Carter is a Methodist, so his preacher should say the prayer.
(d) The Methodists say better prayers than the Baptists.
4. Hambo accuses Deacon Simms of telling what lie?
(a) That Dave Carter stepped on Jim Weston's foot on purpose, but it was an accident.
(b) That Dave Carter has another girlfriend in another town, but it is untrue.
(c) That Joe Clarke sells stale bread, and Hambo defends him.
(d) That Jim Weston's father was run out of town, but he was lynched by white people.
5. According to Deacon Simms, what kind of day is it in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) It is a cloudy day.
(b) It is a hot day.
(c) It is a windy day.
(d) It is a chilly day.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lige Mosely, why should a Baptist be afraid to go swimming?
2. Which two characters are the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
4. Where is Deaconr Simms headed when he meets Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
5. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)