|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
(a) She was in prison for a suspicious accident.
(b) She was away at college.
(c) No one knows where she has been.
(d) She was in the North working for a white family.
2. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She is coming in to work her shift at the store.
(b) She hears Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music,
(c) She forgot to pick something up for her mother.
(d) She left her pocketbook at the store.
3. What part of Joe Clarke's appearance does Sister Thomas criticize?
(a) She says his hair looks like a nest of beavers.
(b) She says he has a huge stomach.
(c) She says he has a flat nose.
(d) She says he has short, stubby legs.
4. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
(a) The meat is not very good quality.
(b) He is afraid of Mr. Roberts, who has warned him against giving food to her.
(c) They have a longstanding feud.
(d) He believes that she has enough food.
5. How many people are in the church at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The church is almost full.
(b) Exactly two people are in church, Jim Weston and Deacon Simms.
(c) Only a handful of people are in church, but many are waiting outside.
(d) The church is nearly empty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
2. What does Deacon Simms suggest they do about the problem of snakes in the area?
3. Why does Joe Clarke chase away the children who are playing in front of the store?
4. Where is Jim Weston held until his trial?
5. How do the women react when Lum Boger comes back to quiet them?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)