|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what crime is Jim Weston being tried?
(a) Attempted murder.
(b) Possession of an illegal weapon.
(c) Disorderly conduct.
(d) Assault and battery.
2. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She hears Jim Weston and Dave Carter's music,
(b) She left her pocketbook at the store.
(c) She is coming in to work her shift at the store.
(d) She forgot to pick something up for her mother.
3. What does Joe Clarke realize that he needs to get from the lodge room before he goes to the trial?
(a) The gavel.
(b) His judge's robe.
(c) The evidence.
(d) The list of charges.
4. What reason is given to support the idea of the Baptist minister leading the prayer before trial?
(a) The Baptists say better prayers that the Methodists.
(b) Joe Clarke is a Baptist, and he is acting as the judge.
(c) The Baptist minister has more formal education.
(d) The trial is in his church, so he should say the prayer.
5. What other forgotten item does Lum Boger bring back to the trial?
(a) The mule bone.
(b) The defendant.
(c) The legal documents.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Deacon Lindsay give to explain why he doesn't want to talk to Sister Taylor?
2. How do the men at the store react to Daisy's arrival?
3. What is Jim Weston's sentence for his crime?
4. What assurance does Deacon Simms give Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
5. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)