|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave Carter do after Jim Weston hits him?
(a) Falls unconscious.
(b) Staggers away, supported by Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms.
(c) Staggers away, supported by Daisy.
(d) Shakes his head and walks back out of town.
2. What color shirt is Dave Carter wearing?
(b) The text does not reveal the color.
3. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She tells him that Daisy deserves to be arrested, not Jim Weston.
(b) She tells him when and where the trial will be held.
(c) She tells him where the gavel is located.
(d) She tells him that Deacon Simms is looking for him.
4. On the charge of assault and battery, how does Jim Weston plead?
(a) He says he is sorry that he did it, but he is not guilty.
(b) He says he did not do it and is not guilty.
(c) He says he did it and would do it again, but he's not guilty.
(d) He says he is sorry and pleads guilty.
5. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
(a) Red rover.
(c) Chick-me, chick-me, cranie-crow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas respond to Reverend Childers' greeting?
2. How does Brother Nixon respond to Sister Lewis' chastisement?
3. Why is the church bell rung?
4. Describe the relationship between the Methodists and the Baptists in town.
5. What is Dave Carter wearing when he enters the church?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)