|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe Clarke realize that he needs to get from the lodge room before he goes to the trial?
(a) The list of charges.
(b) His judge's robe.
(c) The evidence.
(d) The gavel.
2. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
(a) They are messengers of the devil and represent evil.
(b) The snakes keep eating his chicks.
(c) They are the only creature of which he is afraid.
(d) He can never tell the difference between venomous and non-venomous snakes.
3. According to Sister Taylor, how ugly is Deacon Lindsay?
(a) He is so ugly that his wife puts a sheet over his head so sleep can sneak up on him.
(b) He is so ugly that children run away from him.
(c) He is so ugly that he does not need a mask for Halloween.
(d) He is so ugly that he scares the cows and their milk dries up.
4. Where is Jim Weston held until his trial?
(a) In Joe Clarke's barn.
(b) In the church basement.
(c) In the store's cellar.
(d) Under house arrest.
5. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
(a) She was in prison for a suspicious accident.
(b) No one knows where she has been.
(c) She was in the North working for a white family.
(d) She was away at college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is Jim Weston's trial scheduled to begin?
2. Where have Jim Weston and Dave Carter been before they arrive at the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Sister Taylor do to end the argument with the sassy young girl?
4. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas respond to Reverend Childers' greeting?
5. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)