|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe Clarke defend himself against Sisters Taylor and Thomas when he arrives at the trial?
(a) He says they should all learn to look past their differences and get along with others.
(b) He says he understands their concerns, but he will not become a Baptist.
(c) He says he does not have to answer to anyone, especially to women.
(d) He says he is not choosing sides; he only wants justice.
2. How does Jim Weston respond to the Baptists' actions when he enters the church?
(a) He tries to run out of the church and escape.
(b) He jumps over a church bench and punches one of them.
(c) He threatens them with physical harm if they bother him.
(d) He hangs his head and refuses to make eye contact with anyone.
3. What does Dave Carter do after Jim Weston hits him?
(a) Staggers away, supported by Daisy.
(b) Shakes his head and walks back out of town.
(c) Staggers away, supported by Joe Clarke and Deacon Simms.
(d) Falls unconscious.
4. According to Sister Taylor, what is Joe Clarke trying to look like as he heads to the trial?
(a) Like a Supreme Court justice.
(b) Like a brigadier general.
(c) Like a big-city lawyer.
(d) Like a Puritan governor.
5. Why does Joe Clarke chase away the children who are playing in front of the store?
(a) It is getting late and their parents will expect them home.
(b) The children almost broke a window in his store.
(c) They are noisy, and he cannot concentrate on his game.
(d) He does not really like children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Where is Deaconr Simms headed when he meets Sisters Taylor and Thomas?
3. According to Mrs. Roberts, why should the store owner give her some meat?
4. How do the men at the store react to Mrs. Roberts' plight?
5. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)