|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Taylor say she would do with Daisy if she were her mother?
(a) She says she would not allow her out of the house.
(b) She says she would put her out of the house and let her support herself.
(c) She says she would send her back North to get her away from the men.
(d) She says she would beat her for acting like a tramp.
2. Why does Joe Clarke tell Marshal Lum Boger to save the mule bone?
(a) He wants to make sure that no one else uses it as a weapon.
(b) He needs to return it to Joe Lindsay.
(c) He needs it for evidence at the trial.
(d) He needs to return it to Matt Brazzle.
3. What reason is given to support the idea of the Methodist minister leading the prayer?
(a) The Baptists started the trouble, so they have no business leading a prayer.
(b) Dave Carter is a Methodist, so his preacher should say the prayer.
(c) The Methodists say better prayers than the Baptists.
(d) The Methodist minister has more formal education.
4. What does Joe Clarke realize that he needs to get from the lodge room before he goes to the trial?
(a) His judge's robe.
(b) The list of charges.
(c) The gavel.
(d) The evidence.
5. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
(a) Jim Weston accidentally hits Daisy when he swings at Dave.Carter.
(b) Jim Weston makes a rude comment about Dave Carter's mother.
(c) Jim Weston causes Dave Carter to spill red soda all over his shirt.
(d) Jim Weston breaks his nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Sister Taylor call the girl who sasses back at her?
2. What does Dave Carter buy for Daisy?
3. According to the characters at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, how are Reverend Childers and Deacon Simms different?
4. How does Joe Clarke defend himself against Sisters Taylor and Thomas when he arrives at the trial?
5. Who places Jim Weston under arrest?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)