|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is missing when Joe Clarke tries to begin the trial?
(a) The defendant.
(b) Dave Carter.
(c) The witnesses.
(d) The gavel.
2. How do the women react when Lum Boger comes back to quiet them?
(a) They apologize and quickly quiet down.
(b) They threaten him and warn him not to come near them.
(c) They quiet down for a bit.
(d) They ignore him.
3. What does Deacon Simms say he will use as his legal reference during the trial?
(a) He says he will use the evidence and let that speak for itself.
(b) He says he will use the Bible, from beginning to end.
(c) He says he will use the law books that he borrowed from the library.
(d) He says he will use his own legal knowledge and experience.
4. Of what, in addition to assault, does Joe Clarke suggest that Jim Weston is guilty?
(a) Of mistreating women.
(b) Of stealing from his store.
(c) Of being ungodly and not attending church.
(d) Of stealing his chickens.
5. Where has Daisy been before her return to town?
(a) She was in the North working for a white family.
(b) No one knows where she has been.
(c) She was in prison for a suspicious accident.
(d) She was away at college.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim Weston respond to the Baptists' actions when he enters the church?
2. What does Sister Thomas think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
3. What other forgotten item does Lum Boger bring back to the trial?
4. For what crime is Jim Weston being tried?
5. Which of the following best describes Sister Taylor's position about Daisy's involvement in the fight between Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)