|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters are the first to speak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Sister Jane Babler and Sister James
(b) Teets Miller and Bootsie Pitts
(c) Jim Weston and Joe Clarke
(d) Sister Lucy Taylor and Sister Thomas
2. From which mule did the bone originally come?
(a) Lum Boger's old mule.
(b) The mule that escaped from Will Cody's pasture.
(c) No one knows.
(d) Matt Brazzle's mean mule.
3. What part of Joe Clarke's appearance does Sister Thomas criticize?
(a) She says his hair looks like a nest of beavers.
(b) She says he has short, stubby legs.
(c) She says he has a flat nose.
(d) She says he has a huge stomach.
4. What evidence does Sister Taylor provide to prove that her husband is good to her?
(a) He brings her flowers for no reason.
(b) He listens to her when she has a problem.
(c) He is a good father to their children.
(d) He brings home plenty of money.
5. What evidence does Dave Carter present to prove that he is as clean as everybody else?
(a) He says he has had a bath that very day.
(b) He sniffs under his arm and declares himself clean.
(c) He says he goes swimming nearly every day.
(d) He lets Reverend Childers check for dirt behind his ears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Sister Taylor call the girl who sasses back at her?
2. Who is Joe Clarke?
3. What argument does Deacon Simms use to defend Jim Weston?
4. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
5. What does Sister Pitt suggest they must do before the trial begins?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)