|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe Clarke realize that he needs to get from the lodge room before he goes to the trial?
(a) The list of charges.
(b) His judge's robe.
(c) The evidence.
(d) The gavel.
2. What information does Sister Taylor share with Lum Boger in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She tells him that Daisy deserves to be arrested, not Jim Weston.
(b) She tells him where the gavel is located.
(c) She tells him that Deacon Simms is looking for him.
(d) She tells him when and where the trial will be held.
3. Why does Sister Taylor doubt that the girl's mother will influence the girl?
(a) She says that a child that mean will not listen to anyone.
(b) She says the girl's mother does not behave any better than the daughter.
(c) She knows that the mother tries but has no control over the daughter.
(d) She knows that the girl only listens to her father.
4. How does Sister Taylor defend herself when Joe Lindsay chastises her for arguing in church?
(a) She criticizes him for not feeding his horse.
(b) She criticizes him for beating his wife.
(c) She says she is not the only one who is talking.
(d) She says he has no right to tell her what to do.
5. According to Reverend Childers, what is the most dangerous weapon in the world?
(a) The jealousy of a man in love.
(b) A flirtatious woman.
(c) The hock bone of a mule.
(d) The anger of one friend toward another.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daisy return to the store in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How do Sisters Taylor and Thomas greet Joe Clarke when he arrives at the trial?
3. According to Lige Mosely, why should a Baptist be afraid to go swimming?
4. What problem do the Methodists have with the sermon that Reverend Childers preached on the day before the trial?
5. How many people are in the church at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)