|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which mule did the bone originally come?
(a) Lum Boger's old mule.
(b) The mule that escaped from Will Cody's pasture.
(c) No one knows.
(d) Matt Brazzle's mean mule.
2. What does Sister Taylor say she would do with Daisy if she were her mother?
(a) She says she would put her out of the house and let her support herself.
(b) She says she would beat her for acting like a tramp.
(c) She says she would send her back North to get her away from the men.
(d) She says she would not allow her out of the house.
3. What color shirt is Dave Carter wearing?
(a) The text does not reveal the color.
4. How do the sisters Taylor and Thomas treat Deacon Simms when he arrives?
(a) They ignore him and continue their own conversation.
(b) They are supportive and wish him luck.
(c) They ask to pray with him for a peaceful resolution to the trial.
(d) They criticize him and verbally harrass him.
5. How does Jim Weston respond to the Baptists' actions when he enters the church?
(a) He tries to run out of the church and escape.
(b) He threatens them with physical harm if they bother him.
(c) He jumps over a church bench and punches one of them.
(d) He hangs his head and refuses to make eye contact with anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe Clarke realize that he needs to get from the lodge room before he goes to the trial?
2. Why does Jim Weston begin to play music?
3. How do the women react when Lum Boger comes back to quiet them?
4. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
5. Who defends herself by saying that everyone's house has some bedbugs and lice?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)