|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brother Nixon respond to Sister Lewis' chastisement?
(a) He looks at her innocently and pretends that he has done nothing.
(b) He pretends that he cannot hear her.
(c) He mocks her and shakes himself at her.
(d) He apologizes and then sits quietly.
2. What does Sister Taylor suggest that Sister Lewis should do for her daughter?
(a) She should get her buck teeth fixed.
(b) She should teach her how to properly wash herself.
(c) She should get the sheriff to make one of her many boyfriends marry her.
(d) She should get her some new clothes so she does not have to wear sack cloth.
3. Why does Sister Taylor doubt that the girl's mother will influence the girl?
(a) She knows that the mother tries but has no control over the daughter.
(b) She says that a child that mean will not listen to anyone.
(c) She says the girl's mother does not behave any better than the daughter.
(d) She knows that the girl only listens to her father.
4. How many people are in the church at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The church is almost full.
(b) Only a handful of people are in church, but many are waiting outside.
(c) Exactly two people are in church, Jim Weston and Deacon Simms.
(d) The church is nearly empty.
5. What evidence does Sister Hambo provide to prove that she is telling the truth?
(a) She swears on her mother's grave that she is telling the truth.
(b) Everyone in town knows that she always tells the truth.
(c) She has six children, and they are all as honest as she is.
(d) She belongs to Macedonia Baptist Church and cannot lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
2. What part of Joe Clarke's appearance does Sister Thomas criticize?
3. Where did Joe Lindsay find the mule bone?
4. What does Deacon Simms discuss after he moves beyond the subject of snakes?
5. How do the Baptists respond to Jim Weston entering the church?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)