|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe Clarke realize that he needs to get from the lodge room before he goes to the trial?
(a) The list of charges.
(b) The gavel.
(c) His judge's robe.
(d) The evidence.
2. According to Lige Mosely, why should a Baptist be afraid to go swimming?
(a) Baptists do not know how to swim.
(b) Baptists only go into the water for baptism.
(c) Their heads are harder than rocks, so they would drown.
(d) They do not like to bathe, and swimming is a lot like bathing.
3. What accusation do the Methodists hurl at Dave Carter when he enters the church?
(a) They believe that he is faking his injury, trying to look hurt.
(b) They believe that he started the fight and deserved what he got.
(c) They believe that he has stolen Joe Clarke's chickens.
(d) They belive that he just wants to cause trouble in town.
4. Why does Jim Weston get angry with Dave Carter in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He accuses him of not listening and not appreciating his music.
(b) He accuses him of being unfair and taking advantage of the situation.
(c) He thinks he is mocking him.
(d) He was supposed to be playing the fiddle.
5. What does Sister Pitt suggest they must do before the trial begins?
(a) Read the charges.
(b) Sing a hymn.
(c) Start with a prayer.
(d) Call a formal list of witnesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
2. How many people are in the church at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. How does Sister Taylor defend herself when Joe Lindsay chastises her for arguing in church?
4. How does Brother Nixon respond to Sister Lewis' chastisement?
5. What does Sister Thomas think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)