|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joe Clarke?
(a) He is the Methodist minister.
(b) He is the owner of the general store and the mayor of the town.
(c) He is the Baptist minister.
(d) He is one of the men in love with Daisy.
2. How does Joe Clarke respond to Mrs. Nixon's accusation that he mistreats his wife and sells rancid bacon?
(a) He says she smells like a nest of yellow hammers.
(b) He bangs his gavel and calls for order.
(c) He says she will not be allowed to buy anything else from the store until she pays back the money she owes.
(d) He says everyone knows that she lies, so he is not concerned.
3. What draws Joe Clarke's attention to Jim Weston and Dave Carter's fight?
(a) Their yelling at each other.
(b) Daisy runs into the store to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
(c) Deacon Simms runs in to get Joe Clarke when the men begin to fight.
(d) The noise of the crowd.
4. How do the children react to Sister Taylor's reprimands?
(a) They quiet down, but continue with their fighting after she leaves.
(b) They tease her and shake themselves at her.
(c) They apologize and head home.
(d) They say nothing, but look sheepish and wander away.
5. What is Jim Weston's sentence for his crime?
(a) Two months imprisoned in the barn.
(b) Community service.
(c) Two years of exile from the town.
(d) Two years of hard labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Jim Weston and Dave Carter react to Daisy's return?
2. Who receives the applause from the Methodist side of the church?
3. From which mule did the bone originally come?
4. How does Daisy respond to the question of whether she prefers Jim Weston or Dave Carter?
5. For what crime is Jim Weston being tried?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)