|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what, in addition to assault, does Joe Clarke suggest that Jim Weston is guilty?
(a) Of stealing from his store.
(b) Of mistreating women.
(c) Of being ungodly and not attending church.
(d) Of stealing his chickens.
2. What evidence does Sister Hambo provide to prove that she is telling the truth?
(a) She belongs to Macedonia Baptist Church and cannot lie.
(b) She swears on her mother's grave that she is telling the truth.
(c) Everyone in town knows that she always tells the truth.
(d) She has six children, and they are all as honest as she is.
3. What does Sister Thomas do after Reverend Childers and his group enter?
(a) She picks a fight with Deacon Lindsay.
(b) She flips her skirt at them and exits.
(c) She sucks her teeth and turns her back to them.
(d) She begins singing a traditional Methodist hymn.
4. Where is the notice of Jim Weston's trial displayed?
(a) It is not posted; everyone just knows about it.
(b) It is posted on both church doors.
(c) It is posted in Joe Clarke's store.
(d) It is tacked to a big oak tree in town.
5. How does Dave Carter react to Jim Weston's anger?
(a) He apologizes to his friend.
(b) He accuses Jim Weston of being an inferior musician.
(c) He punches Jim Weston in the stomach.
(d) He ignores him and escorts Daisy into the store so he can buy her a treat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color shirt is Dave Carter wearing?
2. What does Sister Pitt suggest they must do before the trial begins?
3. How does Joe Clarke respond to Mrs. Nixon's accusation that he mistreats his wife and sells rancid bacon?
4. How does Joe Clarke respond to Deacon Simms' suggestion about the jail?
5. Why does the store owner at first refuse to give Mrs. Roberts the meat that she asks for?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)