|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dave Carter strike back at Jim Weston?
(a) Jim Weston accidentally hits Daisy when he swings at Dave.Carter.
(b) Jim Weston makes a rude comment about Dave Carter's mother.
(c) Jim Weston causes Dave Carter to spill red soda all over his shirt.
(d) Jim Weston breaks his nose.
2. Hambo accuses Deacon Simms of telling what lie?
(a) That Dave Carter stepped on Jim Weston's foot on purpose, but it was an accident.
(b) That Joe Clarke sells stale bread, and Hambo defends him.
(c) That Jim Weston's father was run out of town, but he was lynched by white people.
(d) That Dave Carter has another girlfriend in another town, but it is untrue.
3. Who defends herself by saying that everyone's house has some bedbugs and lice?
(a) Sister Thomas.
(b) Sister Taylor.
(c) Sister Lewis.
(d) Sister Hambo.
4. What game are the children playing in front of the store?
(b) Chick-me, chick-me, cranie-crow.
(d) Red rover.
5. What complaint does Joe Clarke make about Lum Boger?
(a) He says he is "dumb as a stump."
(b) He says he walks too slowly.
(c) He says he is disrespectful.
(d) He says he is lazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joe Clarke so passionate about the town?
2. How many people are in the church at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Which of the following best describes the children's journey to the church?
4. How do the children react to Sister Taylor's reprimands?
5. Why does Sister Taylor doubt that the girl's mother will influence the girl?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)