|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Taylor do to end the argument with the sassy young girl?
(a) She heads to the church to tell the girl's mother.
(b) She turns the girl over her knee and spanks her.
(c) She embarrasses the girl in front her friends.
(d) She calls the girl's mother over and lets the mother deal with her.
2. Which of the following best describes the exchange between Sister Taylor and Deacon Lindsay?
(a) They playfully tease each other.
(b) They criticize each other and threaten to fight.
(c) Their exchange leads to improved relations between both sides.
(d) They say little, but they exchange vicious glances.
3. How do the Baptists respond to Jim Weston entering the church?
(a) In unison, they all turn their backs on him.
(b) The whisper about him as he walks up the aisle.
(c) They cheer him and shout words of encouragement.
(d) They taunt him with chicken and rooster calls.
4. Why does Daisy come to the store?
(a) She needs to buy some stamps.
(b) She needs to pick up some items for her mother.
(c) She wants to challenge the men to a high-stakes poker game.
(d) She wants to show off her new dress for all of the men.
5. What does Sister Taylor think of Mrs. Blunt's reaction to the trial and the associated gossip?
(a) She suggests that Mrs. Blunt is a strong woman who will not let the trouble get to her.
(b) She suggests that Mrs. Blunt must be angry about Daisy's behavior.
(c) She suggests that Mrs. Blunt must be embarrassed by all of the attention.
(d) She suggests that Mrs. Blunt does not care because she has not raised Daisy properly anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sister Taylor defend herself when Joe Lindsay chastises her for arguing in church?
2. What evidence does Dave Carter present to prove that he is as clean as everybody else?
3. How do the women react when Lum Boger comes back to quiet them?
4. Who is Joe Clarke?
5. What is Mary Ella's criticism about the Methodist Church?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)