One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sister Taylor, what will ruin a person's eyesight?
(a) Handling a mule bone.
(b) Having one's eye teeth pulled out.
(c) Reading without enough light.
(d) Gossiping about neighbors.
2. What evidence does Sister Hambo provide to prove that she is telling the truth?
(a) She has six children, and they are all as honest as she is.
(b) She swears on her mother's grave that she is telling the truth.
(c) Everyone in town knows that she always tells the truth.
(d) She belongs to Macedonia Baptist Church and cannot lie.
3. According to Reverend Childers, what is the most dangerous weapon in the world?
(a) The jealousy of a man in love.
(b) A flirtatious woman.
(c) The anger of one friend toward another.
(d) The hock bone of a mule.
4. What is Dave Carter wearing when he enters the church?
(a) A large black hat.
(b) A cast on his arm.
(c) A bandage on his head.
(d) A neck brace.
5. What other forgotten item does Lum Boger bring back to the trial?
(a) The defendant.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The mule bone.
(d) The legal documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do some women challenge Joe Clarke's involvement in Jim Weston's trial?
2. How has Daisy's return to town affected Jim Weston and Dave Carter?
3. What does Dave Carter do while Jim Weston plays music?
4. How does Lum Boger respond to the women's reactions when he comes back to quiet them?
5. What complaint does Deacon Simms have about snakes?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)