|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Utbah say had happened to the tribe due to Muhammad's teachings?
(a) The tribemembers had become a closer knit group.
(b) The tribe had lost its wealth.
(c) A rift had formed in the tribe.
(d) The tribe had become the target of violence.
2. How did the people travel in the first immigration?
(a) In small groups.
(b) Under cover of night.
(c) By boat.
(d) En masse.
3. How old was A'ishah when her marriage to Muhammad took place?
(a) Fifteen years old.
(b) Nine years old.
(c) Twelve years old.
(d) Six years old.
4. What did the angel get Muhammad to do before leaving in Chapter 15?
(a) Sacrifice a lamb.
(b) Light a fire.
(c) Recite a verse.
(d) Kneel before him.
5. What did Muhammad receive training in in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the people of the Quraysh normally respond to new religions?
2. What did some Jews question about the belief that Muhammad was a prophet?
3. Where did Muhammad tell his followers to go to be safe from persecution?
4. How did some people come to practice Islam?
5. Who did Muhammad first marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Muhammad travel with Gabriel and who did he meet in Chapter 32?
2. Who did a man carry in his arms in Chapter 33, and what did Muhammad say to the man's claims?
3. In Chapter 11, how did the Quraysh get involved in a war and what role did Muhammad play in it?
4. Who was Hagar and why was she forced from Abraham's household?
5. Along with Muhammad's persecuted followers, who else travelled to Abyssinia?
6. Why was Muhammad sent back to Mecca, and who became his guardian there?
7. What saved Muhammad and Abu Bakr from discovery as they hid in a cave?
8. After leaving Abraham's household, where did God guide Hagar and what happened there?
9. What did the visions Abd al-Muttalib (formerly known as Shaybah) have at night near the Ka'bah?
10. After the Muslims of Mecca began to immigrate to Yathrib, what did Abu Jahl propose?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)