|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Abu Jahl?
(a) The supervisor of the Ka'bah.
(b) One of the enemies of Islam.
(c) A wealthy trader.
(d) The leader of a city neighboring Medina.
2. What were many of the early followers of Muhammad?
3. How many sons did Shaybah ask God to bless him with?
(a) Ten sons.
(b) Eight sons.
(c) Twelve sons.
(d) Five sons.
4. What was the name of the woman who married Shaybah's most loved son?
5. What did those who did not believe worry about in Chapter 24?
(a) That God would punish mankind for believing in a false prophet.
(b) That Muhammad's teachings were taking over Mecca.
(c) That Muhammad was forming a massive army.
(d) That Muhammad was growing rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Muhammad's senses was reputed to be excellent?
2. Who did Muhammad ask for protection by so that he could continue to spread Islam?
3. What did Muhammad know about Yathrib in Chapter 34?
4. What was buried along with the well?
5. What did Abu Jahl do to believers of Islam?
Short Essay Questions
1. After leaving Abraham's household, where did God guide Hagar and what happened there?
2. What prevented a neighboring ruler from destroying the Ka'bah?
3. After the Muslims of Mecca began to immigrate to Yathrib, what did Abu Jahl propose?
4. In Chapter 24, who is said to have been among Muhammad's early followers, and who did Muhammad want among his followers?
5. Who were Shaybah's parents, and how did Muttalib come to adopt Shaybah?
6. In Chapter 25, what did people argue God would do if he needed to give a message to humanity?
7. What did Muhammad ask his mother's family for in Chapter 31, and who eventually answered his request?
8. What did the Quraysh consult with Jewish rabbis about?
9. Who was Hagar and why was she forced from Abraham's household?
10. How did the first bloodshed in Islam occur?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)