|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Muhammad hide in a cave with in Chapter 37?
(b) Abd Allah.
(d) Abu Bakr.
2. Why did Sarah make Hagar and her son leave the household?
(a) Sarah suspected Hagar of infidelity.
(b) Sarah was jealous of Hagar.
(c) Hagar's son had threatened Sarah.
(d) Hagar had stolen from Abraham.
3. What did those who did not believe worry about in Chapter 24?
(a) That Muhammad was growing rich.
(b) That God would punish mankind for believing in a false prophet.
(c) That Muhammad was forming a massive army.
(d) That Muhammad's teachings were taking over Mecca.
4. Where did Muhammad travel to with Gabriel in Chapter 32?
(c) The Jordan River.
5. What did the people who did not believe think God should do in order to send his messages?
(a) Create natural disasters.
(b) Resurrect the deceased.
(c) Send an angel.
(d) Communicate through dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Negus?
2. What did many Arabs dislike about Muhammad?
3. Which of Muhammad's senses was reputed to be excellent?
4. What plant blocked the cave that Muhammad hid in in Chapter 37?
5. Who was Mut'im?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prevented a neighboring ruler from destroying the Ka'bah?
2. Who visited Muhammad when he was forty years old?
3. What saved Muhammad and Abu Bakr from discovery as they hid in a cave?
4. Along with Muhammad's persecuted followers, who else travelled to Abyssinia?
5. Who was Zayd and what loyalty did Zayd show to Muhammad in Chapter 13?
6. Who was Hagar and why was she forced from Abraham's household?
7. Who did Muhammad marry and how did they meet?
8. After the Muslims of Mecca began to immigrate to Yathrib, what did Abu Jahl propose?
9. In Chapter 19, how were many Arabs and Jews said to feel about Muhammad?
10. Describe Muhammad's encounter with a monk in Chapter 10?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)