• God told Abraham his descendants would be many.
• Abraham was given Hagar as his second wife - she gave birth to a boy named Ishmael.
• Sarah, Abraham's first wife, grew jealous of Hagar and her son and forced them out of the household.
• God guided Hagar and Ishmael to a valley called Becca. Overcome with thirst, Hagar walked back and forth between two points seven times for help. An angel appeared and a spring welled up - the place became known as Mecca.
• Over time Ishmael's descendants spread out, leaving the area of Mecca.
• An Arab tribe descended from Ishmael took over Mecca - they did not try to find the Holy Well and it became a memory.
• Muttalib heard of the gift of leadership that his nephew had and asked that the boy, Shaybah, be entrusted to him. Shaybah was taken back to Mecca.
This section contains 2,254 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)