|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Was Arab unity impossible?
(a) No, but is was highly unlikely.
(b) No, it was not impossible.
(c) Yes, it was impossible.
(d) No, it was expected.
2. What do many believe when Muhammad is knocked unconscious in a battle?
(a) He had been killed.
(b) He is injured.
(c) He will be resurrected.
(d) He will not be the same when he wakes.
3. Whose work did a revelation reveal that this apparent concession came from?
4. To where was Muhammad looking to bring the Quran?
(a) To Asia.
(b) To other parts of Arabia, Syria and Iraq.
(c) To America.
(d) To Europe.
5. Why did Muhammad marry Sawdah?
(a) She was his deceased brother's wife.
(b) So she could run his household.
(c) He needed a wife.
(d) He was in love with her.
6. What was the message of Sura 93?
(a) People are to put God first.
(b) People were supposed to care for the disadvantaged.
(c) People are supposed to have faith in al-Llah.
(d) People are to care for everyone.
7. During the first three years of his preaching, Muhammad developed a small group of followers. Why did they meet twice a day for prayer?
(a) To spend time with each other.
(b) To witness Muhammad's mystical experiences.
(c) The Quran was meant to be chanted in a group environment and not read in private.
(d) To learn more about the Quran.
8. When the harassment of the Muslims began again, what did the Muslims do?
(a) They went into hiding.
(b) They committed suicide.
(c) They began to leave Mecca.
(d) They fought back.
9. Muhammad was asking the people to break with ____________ and they were reluctant to do so.
(a) Their families.
(b) The past.
(d) Their religious leaders.
10. Those who had emigrated to Medina had to find a way to support themselves, so what did they begin to do?
(a) Open various shops to sell their wares.
(b) Educate their young.
(c) Leave Medina.
(d) Stage raids on the caravans going to and from Mecca.
11. Does the religion teach theology?
(a) Yes, some.
(c) Yes, a large amount.
(d) Yes, very little.
12. Islam is based on the observance of customs or _________.
13. What did the Meccans knew they had to prevent Muhammad from doing?
(a) Entering their city.
(d) Leaving the city.
14. During the hajj to Mecca, Muhammad looked for a protector among the pilgrims. He found six pilgrims from where who quickly accepted Islam and would return to their tribe to try to convert them. Where were they located?
15. How many times a day must Muslims make salat?
Short Answer Questions
1. With Khadija gone, with whom did Muhammad find refuge with?
2. People made the hijra when they left their tribe and joined the umma. What is the umma?
3. What did the harassment of Muhammad by the Quraysh result in?
4. The angel Gabriel appeared. Who did he take Muhammad to meet in Jerusalem?
5. Why did these people feel threatened by Muhammad and his beliefs?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)