|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Muhammad's wife Khadija die?
(a) In 819.
(b) In 519.
(c) In 719.
(d) In 619.
2. Whose work did a revelation reveal that this apparent concession came from?
3. The six pilgrims returned in 622. They met with Muhammad and others in what is known as __________ to discuss the conversion of the tribe.
(a) The First Aqaba.
(b) The Second Aqaba.
(c) The Aqaba.
(d) The Third Aqaba.
4. What did Muhammad believe himself to be?
(a) A nadijir.
(b) A nadihir.
(c) A nadibu.
(d) A nadijeen.
5. Since Muhammad had to fight to achieve his goals, Islam acquired what name?
(a) The religion of Muhammad.
(b) The religion of the powerful.
(c) The religion to be feared.
(d) The religion by the sword.
6. How many times a day must Muslims make salat?
7. What was the message of Sura 93?
(a) People are supposed to have faith in al-Llah.
(b) People are to put God first.
(c) People are to care for everyone.
(d) People were supposed to care for the disadvantaged.
8. In response to Sura 93, what did Muhammad do?
(a) He began to pray to God.
(b) He studied the Torah.
(c) He kept quiet for two years.
(d) He began his mission in 612.
9. The religion Muhammad preached became known as Islam. What does Islam mean?
(a) A love for the Creator.
(b) The followers of the Creator.
(c) A surrendering to the Creator.
(d) The children of the Creator.
10. A belief in one God would bring what to the life of the believer?
11. Muhammad and Gabriel climbed the ladder through the seven heavens. Where did they reach?
(a) Jesus' throne.
(b) The top heaven.
(c) The Throne of God.
(d) The Throne of the Trinity.
12. People made the hijra when they left their tribe and joined the umma. What is the umma?
(a) The new community unit.
(b) The trading system.
(c) The political circle of Medina.
(d) The new religious group.
13. There would be a ________ peace if any one from Mecca who had converted without the consent of his guardians was returned.
14. Does the religion teach theology?
(a) Yes, a large amount.
(b) Yes, very little.
(c) Yes, some.
15. Did those emigrating to Medina kill the Meccans in the big caravan at Badr?
(a) No, they let them go free.
(b) No, they took prisoners and held them for ransom.
(d) No, they tortured them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Muhammad originally saw his purpose as warning the people against ________.
2. The rift in the community became bad. What did Muhammad have to do for some of the Muslims?
3. What group of people did not, in general, accept Muhammad's teachings?
4. Muhammad sent an emissary, who the Quraysh took as a hostage and then sent word to the Muslims that what had happened?
5. When would Muhammad could meet these pilgrims?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)