|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were the Muslims attacked?
(a) During their prayers or salat.
(b) During religious meetings.
(c) While traveling.
(d) At night.
2. What did the people of Mecca and Medina continue to attack?
(a) Muhammad's caravans.
(c) The Yathrib's caravans.
(d) Each other's caravans.
3. The Quran began to preach what type of treatment for prisoners?
(a) Fair and humane.
4. Why were the clans against Muhammad's uncle?
(a) He was a wealthy man.
(b) He was not a Muslim.
(c) He kept protecting Muhammad.
(d) He did not trust Muhammad.
5. Medina had developed to the point where it needed trade. What did Muhammad try to weaken?
(a) The Buddhist monopoly.
(b) The Christian monopoly.
(c) The Meccan monopoly.
(d) The Jewish monopoly.
6. Was Arab unity impossible?
(a) Yes, it was impossible.
(b) No, it was expected.
(c) No, it was not impossible.
(d) No, but is was highly unlikely.
7. Muhammad was asking the people to break with ____________ and they were reluctant to do so.
(b) Their families.
(c) The past.
(d) Their religious leaders.
8. Why did Muhammad marry Sawdah?
(a) She was his deceased brother's wife.
(b) He was in love with her.
(c) So she could run his household.
(d) He needed a wife.
9. What do many believe when Muhammad is knocked unconscious in a battle?
(a) He will not be the same when he wakes.
(b) He will be resurrected.
(c) He is injured.
(d) He had been killed.
10. When would Muhammad could meet these pilgrims?
(a) When he had more time.
(b) When it was safe.
(c) When they were ready to convert.
(d) When he had converted all in Mecca.
11. What happens to Muhammad when his uncle dies?
(a) He gains more protection.
(b) He stops preaching.
(c) He loses most of his protection.
(d) He has no more mystical experiences.
12. During the first three years of his preaching, Muhammad developed a small group of followers. Why did they meet twice a day for prayer?
(a) The Quran was meant to be chanted in a group environment and not read in private.
(b) To witness Muhammad's mystical experiences.
(c) To spend time with each other.
(d) To learn more about the Quran.
13. The religion Muhammad preached became known as Islam. What does Islam mean?
(a) The followers of the Creator.
(b) A love for the Creator.
(c) A surrendering to the Creator.
(d) The children of the Creator.
14. Does the religion teach theology?
(b) Yes, very little.
(c) Yes, some.
(d) Yes, a large amount.
15. These tribal leaders adopted the Jewish name of ______ for their town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Muhammad send some of the Muslims?
2. For what purpose were most of Muhammad's marriages?
3. The rift in the community became bad. What did Muhammad have to do for some of the Muslims?
4. When Muhammad insisted on the worship of only one God, what happened among the Quraysh?
5. When the leaders converted, what did the rest of the tribe do?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)