|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did those emigrating to Medina kill the Meccans in the big caravan at Badr?
(b) No, they tortured them.
(c) No, they took prisoners and held them for ransom.
(d) No, they let them go free.
2. While staying at his sister's, what did Muhammad have?
(a) His greatest mystical experience.
(b) Doubts and fears.
(c) A lot of free time.
(d) No mystical experiences.
3. In response to Sura 93, what did Muhammad do?
(a) He kept quiet for two years.
(b) He studied the Torah.
(c) He began to pray to God.
(d) He began his mission in 612.
4. What did many of the Quraysh ask Muhammad's uncle to do?
(a) Give Muhammad more protection.
(b) Give Muhammad over to them.
(c) Withdraw his protection from Muhammad.
(d) Kill Muhammad.
5. In 627-628, what did Muhammad begin to do?
(a) Doubt his power.
(b) Forget the Quran.
(c) Become ill.
(d) Build an alliance with different tribes.
6. With Khadija gone, with whom did Muhammad find refuge with?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His sister.
(c) His children.
7. To where was Muhammad looking to bring the Quran?
(a) To Asia.
(b) To America.
(c) To other parts of Arabia, Syria and Iraq.
(d) To Europe.
8. Mecca's days of power were coming to an end. What did Muhammad still do?
(a) Feared them.
(b) Tortured those who had not converted.
(c) Helped to convert them to Islam.
(d) Wanted to fight the Meccans.
9. Why did Muhammad marry Sawdah?
(a) So she could run his household.
(b) She was his deceased brother's wife.
(c) He was in love with her.
(d) He needed a wife.
10. When was Muhammad successful?
(a) After the move to Medina.
(b) Right before his death.
(c) After the conversion of all in Mecca.
(d) Before his move to Medina.
11. Who were the Meccans unable to get rid of?
(a) The Yathrib.
(b) The Christians.
(c) The Jews.
(d) Muhammad and the umma.
12. What was the message of Sura 93?
(a) People are to care for everyone.
(b) People are supposed to have faith in al-Llah.
(c) People are to put God first.
(d) People were supposed to care for the disadvantaged.
13. When would Muhammad could meet these pilgrims?
(a) When he had more time.
(b) When they were ready to convert.
(c) When he had converted all in Mecca.
(d) When it was safe.
14. Medina had developed to the point where it needed trade. What did Muhammad try to weaken?
(a) The Buddhist monopoly.
(b) The Meccan monopoly.
(c) The Jewish monopoly.
(d) The Christian monopoly.
15. Was Arab unity impossible?
(a) No, it was expected.
(b) No, it was not impossible.
(c) Yes, it was impossible.
(d) No, but is was highly unlikely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the Quran itself the cause of many conversions at this time?
2. People who don't re-order their lives live in _________ God.
3. Muhammad vowed not to leave the area until when?
4. When did Muhammad's wife Khadija die?
5. Is Jihad one of the five pillars of Islam?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)