|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Holy War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did these people feel threatened by Muhammad and his beliefs?
(a) They did not want to believe in any god but al-Llah.
(b) They feared for their freedom.
(c) Polytheism was a part of their culture and many of the gods represented protection.
(d) Polytheism was foreign to them.
2. Did Muhammad claim any divinity?
(a) Only early in his preaching.
(d) Not at first.
3. What did muruwah prevent?
(a) Any form of Arab unity.
4. What did the Arabs of the time believe in the coming of?
(b) The Messiah.
(d) An Arab prophet.
5. How was the Quran revealed to Muhammad?
(a) In one large message.
(b) In two mystical experiences.
(c) In piecemeal version.
(d) In a cave in Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the hajj to Mecca, Muhammad looked for a protector among the pilgrims. He found six pilgrims from where who quickly accepted Islam and would return to their tribe to try to convert them. Where were they located?
2. Christians have been reluctant to acknowledge that Muslims worship the same God as they and the Jews do. What do many of them view Islam as?
3. Muhammad realized that the Arabs could never be an independent polity unless they were unified. Under what were they unified?
4. Are many of the views and values of Islam similar to those of Judaism and Christianity?
5. Where do most of the Western views of Islam come from?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)