|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Holy War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In response to Sura 93, what did Muhammad do?
(a) He studied the Torah.
(b) He began his mission in 612.
(c) He began to pray to God.
(d) He kept quiet for two years.
2. The Muslims were being told to take part in the jihad. What is it also known in the West as?
(a) Holy war.
(b) Holy prayer.
(c) Holy water.
(d) Holy peace.
3. How many times a day must Muslims make salat?
4. During the first three years of his preaching, Muhammad developed a small group of followers. Why did they meet twice a day for prayer?
(a) The Quran was meant to be chanted in a group environment and not read in private.
(b) To learn more about the Quran.
(c) To spend time with each other.
(d) To witness Muhammad's mystical experiences.
5. The angel Gabriel appeared. Who did he take Muhammad to meet in Jerusalem?
(b) Jesus, Moses, Abraham and other prophets.
(c) Ezekiel and Isaiah.
(d) The twelve apostles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Muslim world react this way to The Satanic Verses?
2. What did Muhammad believe himself to be?
3. When would Muhammad could meet these pilgrims?
4. Muhammad followed his religion and made the yearly spiritual retreat to a cave. Where was this cave?
5. What are the suras?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)