|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Muhammad the Man of al-Llah.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the suras?
(a) St. Paul's letters to the people of Christ.
(c) God's teachings or rules on various subjects.
(d) Jesus' words to His disciples.
2. If more people understood the teachings of the religion instead of the teachings and practices of the radicals, how would the Islamic world be viewed?
(a) Almost the same.
(d) No differently.
3. In what century did an Arab merchant named Muhammad live in Mecca?
(a) The seventh.
(b) The sixth.
(c) The eighth.
(d) The ninth.
4. By what century was Europe actively fighting Islam?
(a) The tenth.
(b) The twelfth.
(c) The thirteenth.
(d) The eleventh.
5. According to Armstrong, what are most of the Western views of Islam based on?
(b) Various wars.
(c) Experiences in the Middle East.
(d) The lack of knowledge about the religion fueled by reports in the media.
Short Answer Questions
1. Muhammad followed his religion and made the yearly spiritual retreat to a cave. Where was this cave?
2. Why did the Muslim world react this way to The Satanic Verses?
3. Is there a great deal of variety in Islam and its practices?
4. How was the Muslim Empire viewed?
5. Muhammad founded a Muslim community. Who eventually accepted this?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)