|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jahiliyah.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are many of the conditions and practices in the Islamic world typical of?
(a) The beliefs of nomadic tribes.
(b) Any pre-modern society.
(c) Pagan cultures.
(d) Any modern society.
2. How was monotheism viewed by the Arabians?
(a) As a form of control by the imperialists.
(b) As a way to unify groups of people.
(c) As an unusual belief system.
(d) As the right way to believe.
3. To whom was loyalty due in the various groups?
(a) The tribe and the chief.
4. In the Quran, what is presented first?
(a) The simplist suras.
(b) The shortest suras.
(c) The first messages Muhammad received.
(d) The longest suras.
5. By the time of Muhammad's birth, there were three different divisions within his tribe. What were they based upon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jahiliyah used to describe?
2. Are many of the views and values of Islam similar to those of Judaism and Christianity?
3. The Ka'aba was central to whose success and development of the wealth of Mecca?
4. What is the Quran a source of information?
5. Is there a great deal of variety in Islam and its practices?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)