|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jahiliyah.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Was Arabia considered to be important to the world powers at this time?
(a) Yes, somewhat important.
(b) Yes, very important.
(c) No, not important.
(d) Yes, fairly important.
2. Where do most of the Western views of Islam come from?
(a) Reports in the media.
(b) War experiences.
(c) Experiences with Muslims in the West.
(d) Reading the Quran.
3. Arab society at this time was characterized by who?
4. The Ka'aba was central to whose success and development of the wealth of Mecca?
(a) The Zoku tribe.
(b) The Quadi tribe.
(c) The Iwi tribe.
(d) The Quraysh tribe.
5. This section examines ___________ the Prophet Muhammad and looks at how it developed.
(a) The fear of.
(b) The love for.
(c) The hatred of.
(d) The interest in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Islam was viewed as a _____________ religion.
2. Who does Armstrong feel that radical Islam is the faith of?
3. What did muruwah prevent?
4. The Arabs had a spiritual life under the muruwah and holy places like the shrines at Mecca and other places. The most important shrine was ________ at Mecca which played an important part in the life of Muhammad and other people.
5. To whom was loyalty due in the various groups?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)