|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Holy War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were these people the first to follow Muhammad?
(a) Because of their understanding of Muhammad's teachings.
(b) Because of their desire to share their wealth.
(c) Because of the hope Muhammad's teaching held for them.
(d) Because of their discontent with the Christian church.
2. Those who had emigrated to Medina had to find a way to support themselves, so what did they begin to do?
(a) Stage raids on the caravans going to and from Mecca.
(b) Educate their young.
(c) Open various shops to sell their wares.
(d) Leave Medina.
3. When was the Quran compiled?
(a) In 750.
(b) In 650.
(c) In 550.
(d) In 850.
4. In the Quran, what is presented first?
(a) The shortest suras.
(b) The longest suras.
(c) The first messages Muhammad received.
(d) The simplist suras.
5. His message was to create a just society. What would this society have?
(a) Forced conversion.
(b) Love for all mankind.
(c) Religious law.
(d) Decent treatment of the disadvantaged and society's wealth was distributed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Muhammad believe himself to be?
2. Muhammad founded a Muslim community. Who eventually accepted this?
3. What is the Quran a source of information?
4. As a result of this experience, he began preaching to the Arab world. What did this world consist of?
5. In what century did an Arab merchant named Muhammad live in Mecca?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)