|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clarissa say to Peter in a letter?
2. What was Dr. Holmes' diagnosis of Septimus?
3. What were Septimus' feelings for Rezia?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Miss Kilman?
5. What does the clerk give to Peter when he returns to his hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Dr. Holmes' diagnosis of Septimus?
2. Why does Rezia hide Septimus' writing and drawings?
3. How does Rezia feel about Septimus being admitted to a home?
4. When Septimus was young what did he want to do for his career?
5. How are Miss Kilman's religion and her feelings about Clarissa in conflict?
6. Why does Miss Kilman dislike Clarissa so much?
7. What are Miss Kilman's feelings for Elizabeth?
8. How does Elizabeth feel about Miss Kilman's feelings for her?
9. Why does Richard buy Clarissa flowers after Hugh buys his wife jewelry?
10. What is the strained relationship between Miss Kilman and Clarissa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dissatisfaction takes on an almost human persona in this book. What was the source of the dissatisfaction of some of the main characters? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in Mrs. Dalloway. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Miss Kilman. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by developing Miss Kilman's character in the novel?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)