|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Septimus is no longer able to ________________.
(a) drink wine.
2. What does Peter think when he hears a siren of the ambulance?
(a) The time he was taken to the hospital by an ambulance.
(b) What might have happened to the person in the ambulance.
(c) If it is an ambulance or police siren.
(d) He doesn't hear a siren.
3. Why does Miss Kilman not buy anything when she and Elizabeth go shopping?
(a) She doesn't have any money.
(b) The trip is to buy things for Elizabeth.
(c) She doesn't see anything she likes.
(d) She doesn't like to shop with another person.
4. How does Richard show his love for Clarissa?
(a) He writes poetry.
(b) He gives her a generous allowance.
(c) He gives her jewelry.
(d) He gives her flowers.
5. It is said that Sir William Bradshaw could diagnose an illness in ___________________.
(a) an hour.
(b) his sleep.
(c) 2-3 minutes.
(d) after blood work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard insist that Clarissa do after lunch?
2. According to Peter, who has had a great deal of influence on his life even though he has not seen him/her for many years?
3. Why does Sir William think that Septimus needs to be separated from Rezia?
4. What alarmed Dr. Holmes about Septimus' condition?
5. What does Richard dislike about Hugh?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Richard find it difficult to express his love for Clarissa?
2. What happens when Rezia and Septimus laugh about the hat for Mrs. Peters that makes Rezia believe that perhaps Septimus is coming back?
3. How does Rezia feel about Septimus being admitted to a home?
4. What are Miss Kilman's feelings for Elizabeth?
5. How are Miss Kilman's religion and her feelings about Clarissa in conflict?
6. What had happened to Septimus during and after the war?
7. Why does Richard buy Clarissa flowers after Hugh buys his wife jewelry?
8. Why is Rezia especially anxious for Septimus to see Sir William Bradshaw?
9. Why does Rezia hide Septimus' writing and drawings?
10. What was Dr. Holmes' diagnosis of Septimus?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)