|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the person in #100 organized during the war?
(a) An African safari.
(b) A hospital fundraiser.
(c) A debutante ball.
(d) A blood drive.
2. Who gives Elizabeth lessons at the Dalloway home?
(a) Miss Kerrigan.
(b) Miss Kismuth.
(c) Miss Kenneth.
(d) Miss Kilman.
3. It is said that Sir William Bradshaw could diagnose an illness in ___________________.
(a) his sleep.
(b) after blood work.
(c) an hour.
(d) 2-3 minutes.
4. What does Miss Kilman always encourage Elizabeth to do?
(a) Write down her poetry.
(b) Be whoever and whatever she can.
(c) Become a doctor.
(d) Study some foreign languages.
5. What did Rezia talk about that left Septimus feeling nothing?
(a) Getting a job.
(b) Moving to Rome.
(c) Buying a Summer house.
(d) Having a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Hugh Whitbread and Richard Dalloway to lunch?
2. Where does Peter stroll after he leaves Clarissa's house?
3. What does Richard buy or his wife?
4. Septimus notes that he can still appreciate the beauty of __________________.
5. What does Richard insist that Clarissa do after lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had happened to Septimus during and after the war?
2. From what emotional problem is Septimus suffering?
3. Where did Rezia first meet Septimus, and what was her perception of him?
4. How does Rezia feel about Septimus being admitted to a home?
5. Why does Sir William recommend that Septimus be put into a home?
6. What hope does Rezia hold out for regarding the appointment with Sir William Bradshaw?
7. What are Miss Kilman's feelings for Elizabeth?
8. What is Clarissa's response when Richard gives her roses?
9. How are Miss Kilman's religion and her feelings about Clarissa in conflict?
10. When Septimus was young what did he want to do for his career?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)