|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard dislike about Hugh?
(a) His grammar.
(b) His haughtiness.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His sense of humor.
2. How does Septimus commit suicide?
(a) He takes too many pills.
(b) He throws himself out a window.
(c) He slits his wrists.
(d) He hangs himself.
3. What does Clarissa make fun of regarding Mill Kilman?
(a) Her stuttering.
(b) Her height.
(c) Her piety.
(d) Her red hair.
4. What does Septimus mutter about during his visit with Sir William?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Investing his money.
(c) Committing a crime.
(d) Getting revenge.
5. What subject does Miss Kilman teach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dr. Holmes' diagnosis of Septimus?
2. According to Peter, who has had a great deal of influence on his life even though he has not seen him/her for many years?
3. What had Septimus lost in the war?
4. What is Peter's perception of Clarissa after he leaves her house?
5. What does Peter think when he hears a siren of the ambulance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sir William recommend that Septimus be put into a home?
2. What is Septimus' state of mind as he lies on the sofa in the sitting room?
3. What is the unspoken rivalry between Hugh Whitbread and Richard Dalloway?
4. Why does Richard buy Clarissa flowers after Hugh buys his wife jewelry?
5. Why does Rezia hide Septimus' writing and drawings?
6. What are Miss Kilman's feelings for Elizabeth?
7. How does Rezia feel about Septimus being admitted to a home?
8. What happens when Rezia and Septimus laugh about the hat for Mrs. Peters that makes Rezia believe that perhaps Septimus is coming back?
9. Why does Richard find it difficult to express his love for Clarissa?
10. What is Clarissa's response when Richard gives her roses?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)