|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Septimus mutter about during his visit with Sir William?
(a) Investing his money.
(b) Committing a crime.
(c) Getting revenge.
(d) Having an affair.
2. Why does Sir William think that Septimus needs to go into a home?
(a) The threat of suicide.
(b) To have experimental treatment.
(c) So he can see him every day.
(d) To be with people who are like him.
3. Why does Sir William think that Septimus needs to be separated from Rezia?
(a) To learn how to rest.
(b) To have some time to paint.
(c) To see if she really loves him.
(d) To see if he really loves her.
4. Sir William is annoyed at Dr. Holmes' recommendation that Septimus take ______________________.
(b) a coffee enema.
(d) sleeping pills.
5. What does Rezia think that the man in #78 will be able to do for Septimus?
(a) Instruct him on investing.
(b) Give him a publishing job.
(c) Cure him right away.
(d) Help get his book published.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth's heritage and looks?
2. Where did Septimus grow up?
3. What did Rezia talk about that left Septimus feeling nothing?
4. What is the source of Stephen's emotional difficulties?
5. Why does Mill Kilman get upset at Elizabeth when they go to tea?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what emotional problem is Septimus suffering?
2. What was Dr. Holmes' diagnosis of Septimus?
3. What happens when Rezia and Septimus laugh about the hat for Mrs. Peters that makes Rezia believe that perhaps Septimus is coming back?
4. As Peter strolls in the park, what is he certain of regarding Clarissa even though she had seemed cold to him?
5. Where did Rezia first meet Septimus, and what was her perception of him?
6. How are Miss Kilman's religion and her feelings about Clarissa in conflict?
7. How does Elizabeth feel about Miss Kilman's feelings for her?
8. Why is Rezia especially anxious for Septimus to see Sir William Bradshaw?
9. Why does Rezia hide Septimus' writing and drawings?
10. What had happened to Septimus during and after the war?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)