|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Rezia and Septimus going to see in order to help Septimus?
(a) Sir William Bradshaw.
(b) Sir James Sloane.
(c) Sir Reginald Bastion.
(d) Sir Ronald Braswell.
2. How does Clarissa respond to what Richard tells her about his work?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She listens intently.
(c) She doesn't really hear or understand him.
(d) She listens and offers advice.
3. Septimus' condition is probably what is today called ________________________.
(a) A core meltdown.
(b) An epiphany.
(c) A nervous breakdown.
(d) Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
4. What does Clarissa say to Peter in a letter?
(a) That it was heavenly to see him.
(b) That she is leaving Richard.
(c) That she needs his advice about Elizabeth.
(d) That the party has been cancelled.
5. Why does Rezia decide to hide Septimus' papers?
(a) Because he is shy about letting people see his work.
(b) Because she wants to include them in a book.
(c) So she can show them to their children one day.
(d) So no one can see his madness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mode of transportation does Elizabeth take to get home?
2. What does the woman in #76 ask for?
3. Why does Sir William think that Septimus needs to be separated from Rezia?
4. Where does Peter stroll after he leaves Clarissa's house?
5. What does Hugh bring to the person in #100 when arriving for lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Septimus was young what did he want to do for his career?
2. From what emotional problem is Septimus suffering?
3. What is the strained relationship between Miss Kilman and Clarissa?
4. Why does Sir William recommend that Septimus be put into a home?
5. What does Rezia write down as Septimus talks while lying on the sofa?
6. Where did Rezia first meet Septimus, and what was her perception of him?
7. Why is Rezia especially anxious for Septimus to see Sir William Bradshaw?
8. Why does Miss Kilman dislike Clarissa so much?
9. How are Miss Kilman's religion and her feelings about Clarissa in conflict?
10. What happens when Rezia and Septimus laugh about the hat for Mrs. Peters that makes Rezia believe that perhaps Septimus is coming back?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)