|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peter stroll after he leaves Clarissa's house?
(a) Westminster Park.
(b) Regent's Park.
(c) St. James' Park.
(d) Fleet Street.
2. What does Septimus mutter about during his visit with Sir William?
(a) Getting revenge.
(b) Committing a crime.
(c) Having an affair.
(d) Investing his money.
3. What kind of flowers does Richard give to Clarissa?
4. Why does Rezia decide to hide Septimus' papers?
(a) Because she wants to include them in a book.
(b) So she can show them to their children one day.
(c) Because he is shy about letting people see his work.
(d) So no one can see his madness.
5. Why does Sir William think that Septimus needs to go into a home?
(a) To be with people who are like him.
(b) To have experimental treatment.
(c) The threat of suicide.
(d) So he can see him every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Septimus go when he left home as a young man?
2. It is said that Sir William Bradshaw could diagnose an illness in ___________________.
3. What is Peter's perception of Clarissa after he leaves her house?
4. What help does the person in #100 need from Hugh and Richard?
5. Sir William is annoyed at Dr. Holmes' recommendation that Septimus take ______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Dr. Holmes' diagnosis of Septimus?
2. Why does Miss Kilman dislike Clarissa so much?
3. What is the unspoken rivalry between Hugh Whitbread and Richard Dalloway?
4. What is Septimus' state of mind as he lies on the sofa in the sitting room?
5. How does Rezia feel about Septimus being admitted to a home?
6. What is Clarissa's response when Richard gives her roses?
7. What hope does Rezia hold out for regarding the appointment with Sir William Bradshaw?
8. As Peter strolls in the park, what is he certain of regarding Clarissa even though she had seemed cold to him?
9. Why does Richard find it difficult to express his love for Clarissa?
10. What does Rezia write down as Septimus talks while lying on the sofa?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)