|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter thinks that Clarissa looks at him as ______________________.
(a) a lover.
(b) a hero.
(c) a failure.
(d) a genius.
2. Clarissa wishes she could be more like _________________.
(a) Lady Antonia.
(b) Lady Brandenburg.
(c) The Queen.
(d) Lady Bexborough.
3. Who enters the room when Peter is questioning Clarissa about her happiness with Richard?
(a) Mrs. Walker.
4. What month is it when the book begins?
5. Where did Clarissa attend school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clarissa not wear her favorite dress to her party?
2. What does Clarissa see outside the floral shop window?
3. What is the curious habit of the Irish cook?
4. How does Peter feel about Clarissa?
5. What is Clarissa doing when Peter arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Daisy and what role does she play in Peter's life?
2. In what ways is Clarissa like the author, Virginia Woolf, in her personality traits?
3. How does the author introduce Clarissa Dalloway?
4. Which woman does Clarissa admire more than anyone and longs to be like her?
5. What is wrong with the dress Clarissa wants to wear to her party?
6. What are Clarissa's immediate thoughts when Peter surprises her by showing up at her house?
7. What are Peter's thoughts about Clarissa as he walks away from her house?
8. What were Peter's thoughts of Richard Dalloway when he first met him at a dinner party?
9. Who is Hugh Whitbread and what role does he play in Clarissa's lie?
10. How did Peter know that Clarissa was in love with Richard Dalloway?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)