|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peter feel about Clarissa?
(a) He is her best friend.
(b) He likes her.
(c) He still loves her.
(d) He is angry with her.
2. Who is the woman Peter now plans to marry?
3. What month is it when the book begins?
4. How does Clarissa characterize Hugh?
5. What did Peter think when he was first introduced to Richard Dalloway?
(a) He knew that he was a good athlete.
(b) He thought he was a scoundrel.
(c) He knew Clarissa would marry him.
(d) He knew he would go into politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peter Walsh think that he doesn't like returning to England?
2. What is Clarissa's husband's name?
3. Who is Lucy's Irish cook?
4. What did the young woman in #66 do in her bedroom?
5. What is the name of the floral shop where Clarissa shops?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who would Peter spend time with at dinner parties when he didn't want to share Clarissa with anyone else?
2. What does Peter recall about Sally Seton from years ago?
3. What does Peter feel about seeing Clarissa after so many years, and to what does he attribute Clarissa's breaking their engagement?
4. What were Peter's thoughts of Richard Dalloway when he first met him at a dinner party?
5. How did Peter know that Clarissa was in love with Richard Dalloway?
6. What are Peter's thoughts about Clarissa as he walks away from her house?
7. What are Clarissa's immediate thoughts when Peter surprises her by showing up at her house?
8. Who is Peter Walsh, and what role did he play in Clarissa's life?
9. Which woman does Clarissa admire more than anyone and longs to be like her?
10. Who is Hugh Whitbread and what role does he play in Clarissa's lie?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)