|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it when the book begins?
2. What does Peter do while sitting on Clarissa's sofa?
3. With which woman did Clarissa fall in love with at school?
(a) Sally Sylvan.
(b) Sally Simpson.
(c) Sally Sawyer.
(d) Sally Seton.
4. Clarissa is fond of viewing things as ___________________.
(a) a gift.
(b) a trial.
(c) a blessing.
(d) a horror.
5. The crowds that gather around Buckingham Palace try to guess what will be written by ______________________.
(a) the Prime Minister.
(b) the Queen.
(c) the skywriter.
(d) the newspaper editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Septimus' friend who died in the war?
2. Who is Lucy's Irish cook?
3. Who is the woman Peter now plans to marry?
4. Peter thinks that Clarissa cannot understand ____________________.
5. Peter thinks that Clarissa looks at him as ______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Septimus and Lucrezia and what behavior of Septimus' bothers her when they are with other people in the park?
2. Why had Clarissa broken off her engagement to Peter?
3. How did Peter know that Clarissa was in love with Richard Dalloway?
4. Who would Peter spend time with at dinner parties when he didn't want to share Clarissa with anyone else?
5. How has Septimus changed since the war and what are Rezia's thoughts about his altered behavior now?
6. Who is Peter Walsh, and what role did he play in Clarissa's life?
7. Which woman does Clarissa admire more than anyone and longs to be like her?
8. How does the author introduce Clarissa Dalloway?
9. What is wrong with the dress Clarissa wants to wear to her party?
10. Who is Daisy and what role does she play in Peter's life?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)