|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the floral shop where Clarissa shops?
(a) Roxy's Shop.
(b) Mulberry's Shop.
(c) Ivy League.
2. Clarissa is fond of viewing things as ___________________.
(a) a gift.
(b) a trial.
(c) a horror.
(d) a blessing.
3. Which one of Clarissa's friends does Hugh dislike?
(a) Philip Sloane.
(b) Max Schell.
(c) Peter Walsh.
(d) James McAllister.
4. What is Clarissa doing when Peter arrives?
(a) Taking a bath.
(b) Preparing lunch.
(c) Mending a dress.
(d) Reading a book.
5. Why can Clarissa not remember Peter's name?
(a) She is so surprised to see him.
(b) She is talking on the phone.
(c) She is talking with other people.
(d) She has just awakened.
Short Answer Questions
1. Clarissa thinks that Peter must wonder what she does every day besides __________________ and mending dresses.
2. What is Maisie's last name?
3. Clarissa thinks that, in Peter's eyes, she _____________________.
4. Why has Peter returned to London?
5. Peter dreams of being ________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Clarissa's thoughts on this June morning and what are some of the reasons that the world seems pleasant to her?
2. What memories does Clarissa have about living at Bourton and being in love with Sally Seton?
3. Who would Peter spend time with at dinner parties when he didn't want to share Clarissa with anyone else?
4. How does the author introduce Clarissa Dalloway?
5. What do both Peter and Clarissa secretly think about the other?
6. How did Peter know that Clarissa was in love with Richard Dalloway?
7. What does Peter not realize about Clarissa as he chats with her in her room?
8. Who is Daisy and what role does she play in Peter's life?
9. What were Peter's thoughts of Richard Dalloway when he first met him at a dinner party?
10. What are Peter's perceptions of Clarissa after having been gone for five years?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)