|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the young woman in #66?
2. Who is Hugh's mother?
3. What does Clarissa see outside the floral shop window?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A chauffeured car.
(c) An ambulance.
(d) A police car.
4. What is the name of the floral shop where Clarissa shops?
(a) Ivy League.
(b) Roxy's Shop.
(c) Mulberry's Shop.
5. What did Peter think when he was first introduced to Richard Dalloway?
(a) He knew Clarissa would marry him.
(b) He thought he was a scoundrel.
(c) He knew that he was a good athlete.
(d) He knew he would go into politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the young woman in #66 do in her bedroom?
2. What is Clarissa's husband's name?
3. Who is Clarissa's daughter?
4. Who was Septimus' friend who died in the war?
5. What is Clarissa's friend, Hugh's, last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Hugh Whitbread and what role does he play in Clarissa's lie?
2. What are Clarissa's thoughts on this June morning and what are some of the reasons that the world seems pleasant to her?
3. Who would Peter spend time with at dinner parties when he didn't want to share Clarissa with anyone else?
4. Why had Clarissa broken off her engagement to Peter?
5. What does Peter recall about Sally Seton from years ago?
6. What memories does Clarissa have about living at Bourton and being in love with Sally Seton?
7. Who is Daisy and what role does she play in Peter's life?
8. How did Peter know that Clarissa was in love with Richard Dalloway?
9. What is the source of Septimus' odd behavior, and what is the only recourse Rezia feels that she has?
10. How has Septimus changed since the war and what are Rezia's thoughts about his altered behavior now?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)