|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that Clarissa thinks is bred into her and her friends?
2. Peter blurts out to Clarissa that he is in love with ________________________.
(a) his wife's sister.
(b) his daughter's nanny.
(d) the wife of a Major in the Indian Army.
3. What is Lucrezia's nickname?
4. Who did Peter Walsh marry?
(a) An American woman.
(b) An Irish woman.
(c) An Indian woman.
(d) An Italian woman.
5. The crowds that gather around Buckingham Palace try to guess what will be written by ______________________.
(a) the Prime Minister.
(b) the Queen.
(c) the newspaper editor.
(d) the skywriter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Clarissa thinks that Peter must wonder what she does every day besides __________________ and mending dresses.
2. Peter thinks that Clarissa looks at him as ______________________.
3. Which one of Clarissa's friends does Hugh dislike?
4. What did the young woman in #66 do in her bedroom?
5. Who is Clarissa's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter not realize about Clarissa as he chats with her in her room?
2. Who is Peter Walsh, and what role did he play in Clarissa's life?
3. How did Peter know that Clarissa was in love with Richard Dalloway?
4. Why had Clarissa broken off her engagement to Peter?
5. What were Peter's thoughts of Richard Dalloway when he first met him at a dinner party?
6. Who is Sally Seton and what role does she play in Clarissa's life?
7. What are Peter's thoughts about Clarissa as he walks away from her house?
8. What are Clarissa's immediate thoughts when Peter surprises her by showing up at her house?
9. What does Peter feel about seeing Clarissa after so many years, and to what does he attribute Clarissa's breaking their engagement?
10. How does the author introduce Clarissa Dalloway?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)