|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Elizabeth lessons at the Dalloway home?
(a) Miss Kenneth.
(b) Miss Kilman.
(c) Miss Kerrigan.
(d) Miss Kismuth.
2. What does Hugh bring to the person in #100 when arriving for lunch?
3. Why does Mill Kilman get upset at Elizabeth when they go to tea?
(a) Elizabeth refuses to pass the sugar cubes.
(b) Elizabeth drops a tea cup on the floor.
(c) Elizabeth leaves sooner than Mill Kilman would like.
(d) Elizabeth spills tea all over the table.
4. While in the park, Peter spots a woman with _____________________.
(a) a deformed hand.
(b) a wheelchair.
(c) a pink umbrella.
(d) buckets of flowers.
5. How does Miss Kilman feel about Clarissa?
(a) She is amused by her.
(b) She loathes her.
(c) She tolerates her.
(d) She admires her.
6. How does Septimus commit suicide?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) He throws himself out a window.
(c) He takes too many pills.
(d) He slits his wrists.
7. Which of the following does Septimus NOT think about as he walks to his appointment?
(a) His love of Keats.
(b) His dinner reservation.
(c) His love of Shakespeare.
(d) His youth.
8. What does Richard dislike about Hugh?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His sense of humor.
(c) His haughtiness.
(d) His grammar.
9. What does the woman in #76 ask for?
10. Where does Richard Dalloway work?
(a) The House of Commons.
(b) His private law practice.
(c) Oxford University.
(d) A newspaper.
11. Which of the following does Miss Kilman think that Clarissa has?
12. What does Rezia write down as she watches Septimus lying on the sofa?
(a) Septimus' temperature.
(b) Septimus' words as he talks in his sleep.
(c) Septimus' rambling thoughts.
(d) Septimus' movements as he sleeps.
13. How does Clarissa respond to what Richard tells her about his work?
(a) She listens and offers advice.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She listens intently.
(d) She doesn't really hear or understand him.
14. What does Septimus mutter about during his visit with Sir William?
(a) Getting revenge.
(b) Committing a crime.
(c) Investing his money.
(d) Having an affair.
15. What does Elizabeth forget to bring downstairs with her?
(a) Her umbrella.
(b) Her gloves.
(c) Her journal.
(d) Her coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is said that Sir William Bradshaw could diagnose an illness in ___________________.
2. Septimus thinks the hat Rezia works on looks like it is fit for whom?
3. Where does Peter stroll after he leaves Clarissa's house?
4. What is Peter's perception of Clarissa after he leaves her house?
5. What did Rezia talk about that left Septimus feeling nothing?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)