|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard have difficulty expressing?
(a) His love for Clarissa.
(b) His political stance.
(c) His religious beliefs.
(d) His fears about aging.
2. What had the person in #100 organized during the war?
(a) A blood drive.
(b) A hospital fundraiser.
(c) An African safari.
(d) A debutante ball.
3. Where did Septimus grow up?
4. Who arrives to see Septimus and forces his/her way into his bedroom when Rezia resists?
(d) Dr. Holmes.
5. While in the park, Peter spots a woman with _____________________.
(a) a pink umbrella.
(b) a deformed hand.
(c) buckets of flowers.
(d) a wheelchair.
6. How does Richard show his love for Clarissa?
(a) He gives her jewelry.
(b) He gives her a generous allowance.
(c) He writes poetry.
(d) He gives her flowers.
7. What alarmed Dr. Holmes about Septimus' condition?
(a) His nosebleeds.
(b) His wheezing.
(c) His talking about death.
(d) His lack of memory.
8. Why does Sir William think that Septimus needs to go into a home?
(a) To have experimental treatment.
(b) So he can see him every day.
(c) The threat of suicide.
(d) To be with people who are like him.
9. What does Richard dislike about Hugh?
(a) His grammar.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His sense of humor.
(d) His haughtiness.
10. According to Sir William, "The people we are most fond of are not good for us when we are ____________."
11. What does Clarissa make fun of regarding Mill Kilman?
(a) Her stuttering.
(b) Her red hair.
(c) Her height.
(d) Her piety.
12. What kind of flowers does Richard give to Clarissa?
13. Septimus notes that he can still appreciate the beauty of __________________.
(c) his wife.
14. What does Richard insist that Clarissa do after lunch?
(a) Speak with the cook.
(b) Read legal documents.
(c) Rest for an hour.
(d) Send party invitations.
15. How does Septimus commit suicide?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) He slits his wrists.
(c) He takes too many pills.
(d) He throws himself out a window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Hugh Whitbread and Richard Dalloway to lunch?
2. What did Rezia talk about that left Septimus feeling nothing?
3. What does the clerk give to Peter when he returns to his hotel?
4. What had Septimus lost in the war?
5. To which author's work did Septimus want to introduce Rezia?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)