|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter think when he hears a siren of the ambulance?
(a) If it is an ambulance or police siren.
(b) What might have happened to the person in the ambulance.
(c) He doesn't hear a siren.
(d) The time he was taken to the hospital by an ambulance.
2. Septimus is no longer able to ________________.
(d) drink wine.
3. How does Clarissa respond to what Richard tells her about his work?
(a) She listens intently.
(b) She doesn't really hear or understand him.
(c) She listens and offers advice.
(d) She ignores him.
4. What does Elizabeth forget to bring downstairs with her?
(a) Her umbrella.
(b) Her gloves.
(c) Her coat.
(d) Her journal.
5. Which of the following does Septimus NOT think about as he walks to his appointment?
(a) His love of Keats.
(b) His youth.
(c) His dinner reservation.
(d) His love of Shakespeare.
6. What does Miss Kilman always encourage Elizabeth to do?
(a) Write down her poetry.
(b) Be whoever and whatever she can.
(c) Study some foreign languages.
(d) Become a doctor.
7. What is Elizabeth's heritage and looks?
8. What does Clarissa say to Peter in a letter?
(a) That she needs his advice about Elizabeth.
(b) That she is leaving Richard.
(c) That the party has been cancelled.
(d) That it was heavenly to see him.
9. What does Septimus think about as he and Rezia walk toward their appointment?
(a) That a storm is brewing.
(b) How lovely his wife is.
(c) The message he carries.
(d) The book he is writing.
10. Who invites Hugh Whitbread and Richard Dalloway to lunch?
(a) Lady Burton.
(b) Lady Bruton.
(c) Lady Burgoyne.
(d) Lady Bowen.
11. What does the woman in #76 ask for?
12. What does Richard buy or his wife?
(a) Pearl necklace.
(b) Mink stole.
(c) Rare book.
13. What does the clerk give to Peter when he returns to his hotel?
(a) A dinner menu.
(b) Some magazines.
(c) A room key.
(d) A stack of letters.
14. What did Rezia talk about that left Septimus feeling nothing?
(a) Buying a Summer house.
(b) Having a baby.
(c) Moving to Rome.
(d) Getting a job.
15. Who are Rezia and Septimus going to see in order to help Septimus?
(a) Sir James Sloane.
(b) Sir William Bradshaw.
(c) Sir Ronald Braswell.
(d) Sir Reginald Bastion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Septimus wanted to do when he was young?
2. Where does Richard Dalloway work?
3. Where do Hugh and Richard stop after having lunch?
4. What had Septimus lost in the war?
5. To which author's work did Septimus want to introduce Rezia?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)