|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sir William, "The people we are most fond of are not good for us when we are ____________."
2. Septimus' condition is probably what is today called ________________________.
(a) Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
(b) A nervous breakdown.
(c) A core meltdown.
(d) An epiphany.
3. Who invites Hugh Whitbread and Richard Dalloway to lunch?
(a) Lady Burton.
(b) Lady Burgoyne.
(c) Lady Bowen.
(d) Lady Bruton.
4. Why does Mill Kilman get upset at Elizabeth when they go to tea?
(a) Elizabeth leaves sooner than Mill Kilman would like.
(b) Elizabeth drops a tea cup on the floor.
(c) Elizabeth refuses to pass the sugar cubes.
(d) Elizabeth spills tea all over the table.
5. According to Peter, women don't know what __________________ is.
6. Why does Sir William think that Septimus needs to go into a home?
(a) To be with people who are like him.
(b) To have experimental treatment.
(c) So he can see him every day.
(d) The threat of suicide.
7. How does Clarissa respond to what Richard tells her about his work?
(a) She listens intently.
(b) She listens and offers advice.
(c) She doesn't really hear or understand him.
(d) She ignores him.
8. What does Clarissa say to Peter in a letter?
(a) That she needs his advice about Elizabeth.
(b) That the party has been cancelled.
(c) That she is leaving Richard.
(d) That it was heavenly to see him.
9. Which of the following does Miss Kilman think that Clarissa has?
10. What does Richard buy or his wife?
(b) Pearl necklace.
(c) Mink stole.
(d) Rare book.
11. What was Dr. Holmes' diagnosis of Septimus?
(a) He has a compromised immune system.
(b) He has food allergies.
(c) He has a speech impediment.
(d) He couldn't find anything wrong with him.
12. What alarmed Dr. Holmes about Septimus' condition?
(a) His nosebleeds.
(b) His talking about death.
(c) His wheezing.
(d) His lack of memory.
13. Where do Hugh and Richard stop after having lunch?
(a) A pipe shop.
(b) A men's club.
(c) A haberdashery.
(d) A jewelry shop.
14. What does Rezia write down as she watches Septimus lying on the sofa?
(a) Septimus' rambling thoughts.
(b) Septimus' words as he talks in his sleep.
(c) Septimus' movements as he sleeps.
(d) Septimus' temperature.
15. Which of the following best describes Miss Kilman?
(a) Born-again Christian.
(c) Professional chef.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rezia decide to hide Septimus' papers?
2. According to Peter, who has had a great deal of influence on his life even though he has not seen him/her for many years?
3. How long have Hugh Whitbread and Richard Dalloway been friends?
4. What does the woman in #76 ask for?
5. Which of the following does Septimus NOT think about as he walks to his appointment?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)