|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sir William, "The people we are most fond of are not good for us when we are ____________."
2. What was Dr. Holmes' diagnosis of Septimus?
(a) He has a compromised immune system.
(b) He has a speech impediment.
(c) He has food allergies.
(d) He couldn't find anything wrong with him.
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Septimus as he was when he met Rezia?
4. Septimus thinks the hat Rezia works on looks like it is fit for whom?
(a) An organ grinder's monkey.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A cowboy.
(d) A bishop.
5. What does Elizabeth forget to bring downstairs with her?
(a) Her gloves.
(b) Her coat.
(c) Her journal.
(d) Her umbrella.
6. Where do Hugh and Richard stop after having lunch?
(a) A jewelry shop.
(b) A haberdashery.
(c) A men's club.
(d) A pipe shop.
7. Why does Sir William think that Septimus needs to go into a home?
(a) To be with people who are like him.
(b) The threat of suicide.
(c) To have experimental treatment.
(d) So he can see him every day.
8. What is Elizabeth's heritage and looks?
9. While in the park, Peter spots a woman with _____________________.
(a) a pink umbrella.
(b) a wheelchair.
(c) buckets of flowers.
(d) a deformed hand.
10. What alarmed Dr. Holmes about Septimus' condition?
(a) His nosebleeds.
(b) His talking about death.
(c) His wheezing.
(d) His lack of memory.
11. What does Hugh bring to the person in #100 when arriving for lunch?
12. It is said that Sir William Bradshaw could diagnose an illness in ___________________.
(a) an hour.
(b) 2-3 minutes.
(c) after blood work.
(d) his sleep.
13. Who arrives to see Septimus and forces his/her way into his bedroom when Rezia resists?
(c) Dr. Holmes.
14. According to Peter, women don't know what __________________ is.
15. Where did Septimus grow up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Kilman always encourage Elizabeth to do?
2. According to Peter, who has had a great deal of influence on his life even though he has not seen him/her for many years?
3. What nationality is Rezia?
4. Septimus is no longer able to ________________.
5. What does Rezia write down as she watches Septimus lying on the sofa?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)