|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard buy or his wife?
(a) Mink stole.
(b) Rare book.
(c) Pearl necklace.
2. Where do Hugh and Richard stop after having lunch?
(a) A jewelry shop.
(b) A pipe shop.
(c) A haberdashery.
(d) A men's club.
3. Where did Rezia first meet Septimus?
4. Septimus is no longer able to ________________.
(d) drink wine.
5. Why does Sir William think that Septimus needs to be separated from Rezia?
(a) To learn how to rest.
(b) To see if she really loves him.
(c) To see if he really loves her.
(d) To have some time to paint.
6. What does Hugh buy for his wife?
(a) A car.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A ring.
(d) A necklace.
7. What does Septimus feel when witnessing other people's despair and sadness?
(a) Irrational anger.
(b) A degree of sympathy.
(c) True empathy.
(d) Unfeeling blankness.
8. How does Richard show his love for Clarissa?
(a) He writes poetry.
(b) He gives her flowers.
(c) He gives her a generous allowance.
(d) He gives her jewelry.
9. What does Richard insist that Clarissa do after lunch?
(a) Send party invitations.
(b) Read legal documents.
(c) Rest for an hour.
(d) Speak with the cook.
10. Where does Richard Dalloway work?
(a) The House of Commons.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) Oxford University.
(d) His private law practice.
11. Septimus notes that he can still appreciate the beauty of __________________.
(d) his wife.
12. What alarmed Dr. Holmes about Septimus' condition?
(a) His nosebleeds.
(b) His talking about death.
(c) His lack of memory.
(d) His wheezing.
13. What is Peter's perception of Clarissa after he leaves her house?
(a) How angry she was at her daughter.
(b) How cold she seemed toward him.
(c) How much she is in love with her husband.
(d) How distracted she was.
14. According to Peter, women don't know what __________________ is.
15. What is the source of Stephen's emotional difficulties?
(a) A divorce.
(b) The war.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) A business failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dr. Holmes' diagnosis of Septimus?
2. How does Clarissa respond to what Richard tells her about his work?
3. What does Elizabeth forget to bring downstairs with her?
4. What had Septimus wanted to do when he was young?
5. What does Septimus mutter about during his visit with Sir William?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)