|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the room when Peter is questioning Clarissa about her happiness with Richard?
(b) Mrs. Walker.
2. Who waits on Clarissa in the floral shop?
(a) Miss Pym.
(b) Miss Pinchot.
(c) Miss Penn.
(d) Miss Pendrake.
3. What lends an air of mystery to the vehicle in #20?
(a) It is painted completely black.
(b) The lights are flashing.
(c) The windows are all blacked out.
(d) A shade is drawn to hide the identity of the passenger.
4. Who was Septimus' friend who died in the war?
5. What is Peter's perception of Clarissa when he leaves her house?
(a) She looks ill.
(b) She has become hard.
(c) She will love him again.
(d) She is even more beautiful now.
6. What did Peter think when he was first introduced to Richard Dalloway?
(a) He knew he would go into politics.
(b) He knew that he was a good athlete.
(c) He thought he was a scoundrel.
(d) He knew Clarissa would marry him.
7. What does Clarissa find ridiculous about Peter?
(a) That he is in love at his age.
(b) That he won't update his wardrobe.
(c) That he flirts with younger women.
(d) That he drinks too much.
8. Who ended the relationship between Clarissa and Peter?
(c) Clarissa's father.
9. Who is Hugh's mother?
10. What is Lucrezia's nickname?
11. Who did Peter Walsh marry?
(a) An Irish woman.
(b) An American woman.
(c) An Italian woman.
(d) An Indian woman.
12. The crowds that gather around Buckingham Palace try to guess what will be written by ______________________.
(a) the Queen.
(b) the skywriter.
(c) the newspaper editor.
(d) the Prime Minister.
13. Who is the woman Peter now plans to marry?
14. What is the curious habit of the Irish cook?
(a) She works barefooted.
(b) She whistles all the time.
(c) She falls in love with every man she sees.
(d) She smokes a cigar.
15. Peter dreams of being ________________________.
(a) an artist.
(b) a solitary traveler.
(c) a chef.
(d) a diplomat.
Short Answer Questions
1. The doctor tells Septimus' wife that she must keep Septimus __________________________.
2. What does Peter do while sitting on Clarissa's sofa?
3. The relationship between Clarissa and Peter is ________________.
4. Which relative of Clarissa's did Peter find it impossible to get along?
5. Clarissa wishes she could be more like _________________.
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)