|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Peter Walsh marry?
(a) An Irish woman.
(b) An Indian woman.
(c) An American woman.
(d) An Italian woman.
2. What is the name of the floral shop where Clarissa shops?
(a) Ivy League.
(b) Roxy's Shop.
(c) Mulberry's Shop.
3. While talking with Peter, Clarissa brings up the days _____________________.
(a) at her father's house.
(b) at Oxford.
(c) after their wedding.
(d) of her illness.
4. Peter thinks that Clarissa looks at him as ______________________.
(a) a lover.
(b) a genius.
(c) a hero.
(d) a failure.
5. What is Clarissa's husband's name?
6. How does the weather on this day make Clarissa feel?
(a) Full of life.
7. What does Peter do while sitting on Clarissa's sofa?
8. What is Clarissa's friend, Hugh's, last name?
9. Why does Clarissa not wear her favorite dress to her party?
(a) She feels too chubby in it.
(b) It is at the dry cleaners.
(c) She wears a new one instead.
(d) It is torn and has to be mended.
10. The doctor tells Septimus' wife that she must keep Septimus __________________________.
(a) focused on things that are real.
(b) on complete bedrest.
(c) from drinking too much.
(d) away from his old friends.
11. Who was Clarissa's maiden aunt?
(a) Aunt Helena.
(b) Aunt Elizabeth.
(c) Aunt Beatrice.
(d) Aunt Marjorie.
12. Which of the following is NOT something that Clarissa thinks is bred into her and her friends?
13. What did Peter think when he was first introduced to Richard Dalloway?
(a) He knew that he was a good athlete.
(b) He knew Clarissa would marry him.
(c) He knew he would go into politics.
(d) He thought he was a scoundrel.
14. Clarissa notes that some days are much like ____________________.
(a) a kiss from a wave.
(b) the depths of hell.
(c) Christmas morning.
(d) an unending party.
15. Clarissa is fond of viewing things as ___________________.
(a) a blessing.
(b) a gift.
(c) a horror.
(d) a trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter dreams of being ________________________.
2. Who is Clarissa's daughter?
3. What is Peter's perception of Clarissa when he leaves her house?
4. Clarissa thinks that Peter must wonder what she does every day besides __________________ and mending dresses.
5. What does Clarissa see outside the floral shop window?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)