|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clarissa notes that some days are much like ____________________.
(a) the depths of hell.
(b) a kiss from a wave.
(c) an unending party.
(d) Christmas morning.
2. What does Peter do while sitting on Clarissa's sofa?
3. What about Clarissa amazes Peter?
(a) That she has started a business.
(b) That she is going to college.
(c) That she still has such power over him.
(d) That she is still so beautiful.
4. What did the young woman in #66 do in her bedroom?
(a) Entertained men.
(b) Smoked cigars.
(c) Wrote articles.
(d) Drank gin.
5. Who is Hugh's mother?
6. Which relative of Clarissa's did Peter find it impossible to get along?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her mother.
7. Who did Peter Walsh marry?
(a) An American woman.
(b) An Indian woman.
(c) An Irish woman.
(d) An Italian woman.
8. Clarissa is embarrassed that Peter sees her _____________________.
(a) Mending a dress.
(b) Playing croquet.
(c) Taking a nap.
9. Clarissa thinks that, in Peter's eyes, she _____________________.
(a) will learn to love him again.
(b) will never leave her husband.
(c) cannot measure up.
(d) can do no wrong.
10. What is the name of the floral shop where Clarissa shops?
(a) Ivy League.
(b) Roxy's Shop.
(d) Mulberry's Shop.
11. What is Maisie's last name?
12. What lends an air of mystery to the vehicle in #20?
(a) A shade is drawn to hide the identity of the passenger.
(b) The lights are flashing.
(c) The windows are all blacked out.
(d) It is painted completely black.
13. What does Clarissa think about marriage to Peter?
(a) She would marry him now if he asked.
(b) Perhaps she should have married him.
(c) She is glad that she did not marry him.
(d) It is not too late to marry him.
14. Who is Septimus' wife?
15. While talking with Peter, Clarissa brings up the days _____________________.
(a) at her father's house.
(b) of her illness.
(c) at Oxford.
(d) after their wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that occurs in the middle of June?
2. Who enters the room when Peter is questioning Clarissa about her happiness with Richard?
3. Whose marriage proposal had Clarissa turned down?
4. What did Peter think when he was first introduced to Richard Dalloway?
5. Why is Hugh not very cheerful lately?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)