|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Clarissa's favorite dress?
2. Why does Peter Walsh think that he doesn't like returning to England?
(a) The politeness of society has waned.
(b) It is too ravaged from the war.
(c) He doesn't approve of the prime minister's policies.
(d) He rejects the idea of a monarchy.
3. What about Clarissa amazes Peter?
(a) That she is still so beautiful.
(b) That she is going to college.
(c) That she has started a business.
(d) That she still has such power over him.
4. What is Clarissa's husband's name?
5. What is the curious habit of the Irish cook?
(a) She whistles all the time.
(b) She smokes a cigar.
(c) She falls in love with every man she sees.
(d) She works barefooted.
6. Clarissa thinks that, in Peter's eyes, she _____________________.
(a) cannot measure up.
(b) will never leave her husband.
(c) will learn to love him again.
(d) can do no wrong.
7. What is the name of the floral shop where Clarissa shops?
(a) Mulberry's Shop.
(b) Roxy's Shop.
(c) Ivy League.
8. What did Peter think when he was first introduced to Richard Dalloway?
(a) He knew Clarissa would marry him.
(b) He thought he was a scoundrel.
(c) He knew he would go into politics.
(d) He knew that he was a good athlete.
9. Why can Clarissa not remember Peter's name?
(a) She has just awakened.
(b) She is so surprised to see him.
(c) She is talking on the phone.
(d) She is talking with other people.
10. Which one of Clarissa's friends does Hugh dislike?
(a) Philip Sloane.
(b) Peter Walsh.
(c) Max Schell.
(d) James McAllister.
11. Where does Clarissa walk to hear the chimes of Big Ben?
(b) St. James' Park.
(c) Picadilly Circus.
12. Who was Septimus' friend who died in the war?
13. Who is Clarissa's daughter?
14. Who has Clarissa been thinking a lot about lately?
15. Peter thinks that Clarissa looks at him as ______________________.
(a) a failure.
(b) a hero.
(c) a genius.
(d) a lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the room when Peter is questioning Clarissa about her happiness with Richard?
2. Who is Septimus' wife?
3. What kind of parties does Peter recall from the days at Bourton?
4. Clarissa wishes she could be more like _________________.
5. How does Peter feel about Clarissa?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)