|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Clarissa Dalloway live?
(b) New York.
2. How does Peter feel about Clarissa?
(a) He is her best friend.
(b) He likes her.
(c) He still loves her.
(d) He is angry with her.
3. Which of the following is NOT something that occurs in the middle of June?
(a) Garden parties.
(b) Reading novels.
(c) Polo ponies.
(d) Dancing all night.
4. Why is Hugh not very cheerful lately?
(a) He is divorcing his wife.
(b) He has been sick.
(c) He has lost his job.
(d) His mother is ill.
5. How does Clarissa characterize Hugh?
6. Who is Hugh's mother?
7. Who is Septimus' wife?
8. With which woman did Clarissa fall in love with at school?
(a) Sally Sawyer.
(b) Sally Simpson.
(c) Sally Sylvan.
(d) Sally Seton.
9. The relationship between Clarissa and Peter is ________________.
10. What is Peter's perception of Clarissa when he leaves her house?
(a) She has become hard.
(b) She looks ill.
(c) She is even more beautiful now.
(d) She will love him again.
11. What is Clarissa doing when Peter arrives?
(a) Mending a dress.
(b) Taking a bath.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Preparing lunch.
12. Who is Clarissa's daughter?
13. What is Clarissa's friend, Hugh's, last name?
14. Whose marriage proposal had Clarissa turned down?
(a) Hugh Whitbread's.
(b) Peter Walsh's.
(c) Philip Sloane's.
(d) James McAllister's.
15. Clarissa thinks that, in Peter's eyes, she _____________________.
(a) cannot measure up.
(b) will never leave her husband.
(c) can do no wrong.
(d) will learn to love him again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clarissa see outside the floral shop window?
2. What month is it when the book begins?
3. What does Clarissa think about marriage to Peter?
4. The doctor tells Septimus' wife that she must keep Septimus __________________________.
5. Peter dreams of being ________________________.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)