|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pages 175-215.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clarissa think the term "shell shock" means when she hears it in passing at her party?
(a) A part of a bill in the House of Commons.
(b) A new exercise regimen.
(c) Astonishment at the price of food.
(d) A beautiful woman.
2. Which couple did Peter like and regret that they moved away?
(a) The Millers.
(b) The Jacobys.
(c) The Morrises.
(d) The Sloanes.
3. Which guest at the party is not particularly liked?
(a) Dr. Holmes.
(b) Sir William.
4. People at the party say that Clarissa is __________________.
(a) the perfect hostess.
(b) a bad dresser.
(d) not too bright.
5. The crowds that gather around Buckingham Palace try to guess what will be written by ______________________.
(a) the Prime Minister.
(b) the Queen.
(c) the skywriter.
(d) the newspaper editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two women at the party have nothing to say to each other?
2. According to Peter, women don't know what __________________ is.
3. What does Miss Kilman always encourage Elizabeth to do?
4. Who are Mrs. Parkinson and Mrs. Ellen Barnet?
5. How had Clarissa hurt Peter years ago?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)