• It is the middle of June and Clarissa Dalloway, a woman living in the Westminster section of London, is enjoying the beautiful day and thinking about her absent friends.
• Clarissa thinks about the fact that World War I is over and it is time for garden parties, polo ponies and dancing.
• Clarissa takes a walk through Westminster and sees an old friend, Hugh Whitbread, who has brought his ailing mother to see a doctor.
• Clarissa loves Hugh as they have been friends all their lives, even though Clarissa always feels awkward and under-dressed around the impeccable Hugh.
• Clarissa thinks about how Hugh hates Peter Walsh and has never forgiven her for liking the man.
• When Clarissa had been engaged to Peter, they argued all the time and she eventually broke off the engagement.
• Clarissa then married Richard Dalloway, a man who gave her room; Peter married...
This section contains 1,873 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)