|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sight of Blue in the hospital makes the narrator feel all of the following except:
2. What quality do great men of the world possess, according to Blue?
(a) They were talkers.
(b) They were hard workers.
(c) They work their way up the corporate ladder.
(d) They came from money.
3. In one of Blue's letters, Blue writes, "Life gives you ______________."
(a) The ability to read, not to think.
(b) A taste of the imagination.
(c) Pretty much what you give it.
(d) Lemons and it is up to you to make lemonade.
4. What are the narrator's feelings towards Blue as he walked away?
(a) He is angry at Blue.
(b) He is disappointed with Blue.
(c) He is proud of Blue.
(d) He feels sorry for Blue.
5. Who does Blue write a letter to who was interested in investing in his motion picture idea?
(a) Mr. Bill Taylor.
(b) Mr. Sam Wise.
(c) Mr. John Stone.
(d) Mr. Fred Gibson.
6. Who does Blue think was generous and loyal?
7. Which of the following ways does Blue support himself?
(a) Collecting pennies.
(b) Shoveling snow.
(c) Working at a bank.
(d) Performing concerts.
8. What is the gift Blue gave the narrator at the end of Chapter VI?
(a) A small wooden cross.
(b) A cup for communion.
(c) A prayer book.
(d) A religious card.
9. What gives Blue courage at the beginning of Chapter VI?
(a) The Gothic architecture of Boston College.
(b) A letter from the narrator.
(c) A musical medley.
(d) The setting sun.
10. How many total letters does the narrator acquire that were written by Blue?
(a) 2 letters..
(b) 11 letters.
(c) 5 letters.
(d) 8 letters.
11. What stationary is Blue's second letter written on?
(a) Hotel Ganymede.
(b) Rockefeller Center.
(c) Motel Aspire.
(d) Parchment paper.
12. Why is Blue in the hospital?
(a) He was hurt at work.
(b) He was hit by a car.
(d) He was committed for being insane.
13. What is Blue's last letter to the narrator about?
(a) Plans for the future.
(b) The end of the world.
(c) People spending too much money.
(d) Blue's thoughts on religion.
14. What kind of school does Blue suggest the narrator start?
(a) A school for the gifted.
(b) A school for ministry.
(c) A school of religious art.
(d) A school for the blind.
15. Why is the narrator concerned about Blue's safety in Chapter VII?
(a) Dangerous people live on the streets in the city.
(b) Blue's ideals can get him arrested.
(c) Blue might be put away as a lunatic.
(d) Winter is coming and he has no place to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blue eat at the restaurant with the narrator in Chapter VI?
2. In Blue's second letter, all of the following are words Blue describes as words men put on shields except:
3. Where does the novel take place in Chapter VII?
4. Who forwards a letter to the narrator from Blue on vices?
5. According to Blue, what does Christmas represent?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)