|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of school does Blue suggest the narrator start?
(a) A school for ministry.
(b) A school of religious art.
(c) A school for the gifted.
(d) A school for the blind.
2. How long does it take the narrator to get to the hospital to see Blue?
(a) One day.
(b) Five hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) One hour.
3. What color hair does Blue have?
(a) Gray hair.
(b) Black hair.
(c) Brown hair.
(d) White hair.
4. According to Blue, what are the best gifts from heaven?
(a) A roof over your head.
(b) Riches and gold.
(c) Your family and loved ones.
(d) The ones you earn.
5. What is Blue's third letter written on?
(a) A napkin.
(b) Lined paper.
(c) A scrap of wrapping paper.
(d) An email.
6. What worries Blue in Chapter VI?
(a) That he is too happy.
(b) That his money would run out.
(c) That the world would come to an end.
(d) That he cannot believe in his faith anymore.
7. What is the gift Blue gave the narrator at the end of Chapter VI?
(a) A prayer book.
(b) A religious card.
(c) A small wooden cross.
(d) A cup for communion.
8. What is Blue's response to the narrator's comment on him getting a girl?
(a) Blue says he would think about it.
(b) Blue grins.
(c) Blue turns and walked away.
(d) Blue doesn't reply.
9. According to Blue, what is an interpretation of the faith in medieval Europe?
10. Who does Blue write a letter to who was interested in investing in his motion picture idea?
(a) Mr. Sam Wise.
(b) Mr. Fred Gibson.
(c) Mr. Bill Taylor.
(d) Mr. John Stone.
11. In Chapter VI, what type of architecture does Blue rant about?
12. What stationary is Blue's second letter written on?
(a) Rockefeller Center.
(b) Motel Aspire.
(c) Parchment paper.
(d) Hotel Ganymede.
13. What happens to Blue at the end of the novel.
(a) He gets up and walks out of the hospital, never to be heard from again.
(b) He dies in the hospital.
(c) He goes to live with the narrator.
(d) He gives up on his vocation and goes to school.
14. What is the narrator's reply to Blue's comment, "My old friend, Mr. Compromiser."
(a) "Your old friend, Faith."
(b) "Your old friend, Reason."
(c) "Your old friend, Truth."
(d) "Your old friend, Honesty."
15. What does Blue say God gives his friends?
(a) A cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vocation does Blue find?
2. Fill in the following quotation by Blue in Chapter VI: "Once heroes built fortresses against the Mongol and the Saracen; now they must build fortresses against _____________."
3. What does Blue leave for Mrs. Murphy?
4. What gives Blue courage at the beginning of Chapter VI?
5. What famous author does Blue write about in a letter to Dr. Frederick W. O'Brien?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)