|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All of the following are in the case of No. 2,757,311 except:
(a) Two small bottles.
(b) A cup.
(c) Some robes.
(d) A knife.
2. After Blue finished telling his story, how many minutes of silence were there?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
3. How does Blue describe his speech in Chapter II on religion?
(a) A declaration of war.
(b) A declaration of solitude.
(c) A declaration of freedom.
(d) A declaration of independence.
4. In what city is Blue's skyscraper?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Francisco.
5. What word is on Blue's flag on the skyscraper roof?
6. In Chapter II, Blue mentions the following countries when speaking from his skyscraper except:
7. In Blue's motion picture idea, what do slaves eat?
(a) Liquid food.
(b) Communion wine.
(c) Grains and fruit.
(d) Bread and water.
8. In Blue's idea for a motion picture, what is punishable by death?
(a) Attending a church service.
(b) Growing crops.
(c) The reading of the New Testament.
(d) The cultivation of decorative growth.
9. Who was the narrator talking with when he first met Blue?
(a) Frank Munsey.
(b) John Stuart.
(c) Al Capone.
(d) Ray Bradford.
10. After Blue gave away his money, where does he live?
(a) With an old friend.
(b) In a lodging house.
(c) Nowhere. He was homeless.
(d) In Washington D.C.
11. Fill in the following quote from Chapter I: "Or perhaps his order was life and the world his _____________."
12. What book does Blue want to publish a deluxe edition of?
(a) The Iliad.
(b) The New Testament.
(c) The Old Testament.
(d) The Odyssey.
13. What is Blue's response to Stevens saying the owner of the skyscraper would kick him off if he knew he was there?
14. Besides Stevens, who is the other guest at Blue's party in Chapter II?
(a) Timothy Ewing.
(b) Earnest Lewis.
(c) Abraham Morgenthau.
(d) Nicolaus McDaniels.
15. Fill in the following quote by Blue from Chapter III: "I have no interest in time or key. ________ are what I like."
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Blue in Chapter I?
2. When the narrator first sees Blue in Chapter I, what is Blue riding in?
3. What is Blue concerned about with Saints?
4. How does Blue's idea for a motion picture begin?
5. When the narrator returns to Blue at the end of Chapter I, what does he see?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)