|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter I, where does the narrator first run into Blue?
(a) Center St.
(b) Park Ave.
(c) Fifth Ave.
(d) Blue Blvd.
2. In Chapter I, in what tone does Blue say, "Please, please. What can I do?"
3. What is the name of the cigar shop that Stevens and the narrator were talking in?
4. Who does the narrator compare Blue to?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Hans Christian Andersen.
(d) Shel Silverstein.
5. According to Blue, which of the following is not one of the advantages of living on a skyscraper roof?
(a) Having birds as pets.
(b) Liberate balloons.
(c) Could fly kites there.
(d) Could set off Roman candles.
6. What is needed to make a living on the skyscraper doable?
(a) Rooftop custodial crew.
(b) Bird repellant.
(c) Telephone service.
(d) A 24 hour elevator service.
7. What is the name of the skyscraper Blue lived on top of?
(a) Rockefeller Plaza.
(b) The Humdinger Building.
(c) The Bank Building.
(d) The Tootsall Building.
8. During Blue's speech in Chapter II on religion, what does he speak with?
(a) A megaphone.
(b) A quiet voice.
(c) Many gestures.
(d) The band playing in the background.
9. How much money does Blue really have?
(a) One million.
(b) Two million.
(c) Five million.
(d) Three million.
10. What would Blue believe about living in a poorhouse?
(a) It would be an adventure.
(b) It would be tedious.
(c) It would be glorious.
(d) It would be revolting.
11. Who was the narrator talking with when he first met Blue?
(a) Al Capone.
(b) John Stuart.
(c) Frank Munsey.
(d) Ray Bradford.
12. After Blue gave away his money, where does he live?
(a) Nowhere. He was homeless.
(b) In Washington D.C.
(c) In a lodging house.
(d) With an old friend.
13. The narrator describes Blue as all of the following except:
14. After Blue finished telling his story, how many minutes of silence were there?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Twenty minutes.
15. What kind of art does Blue have little use for?
(a) Religious art.
(b) Art kept in galleries.
(c) Art created by the poor.
(d) Abstract art.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides Stevens, who is the other guest at Blue's party in Chapter II?
2. Who does Blue think should live on top of skyscrapers?
3. What is Blue's response to Stevens saying the owner of the skyscraper would kick him off if he knew he was there?
4. Who was the narrator talking about when he first met Blue?
5. In Blue's motion picture idea, what do slaves eat?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)