|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter I, what advice does the narrator want to give Blue?
(a) To get a second opinion.
(b) To go see his confessor.
(c) To get a real job.
(d) To call his father.
2. How long did it take Blue to spend $900,000 dollars?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Two months.
(c) One year.
(d) Ten months.
3. Who was the narrator talking about when he first met Blue?
(a) Ray Bradford.
(b) Frank Munsey.
(c) Al Capone.
(d) John Stuart.
4. Where does Blue really get money from?
(a) A business associate.
(b) A cousin.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His father.
5. Fill in the following quote by Blue from Chapter III: "I have no interest in time or key. ________ are what I like."
6. In Chapter II, Blue mentions the following countries when speaking from his skyscraper except:
7. What are the contents of Blue's room where he is living after he gave away his money?
(a) A recliner, a desk, and a dishwasher.
(b) A bed, a chair, and an oil stove.
(c) A love seat, a coffee table, and a coffee maker.
(d) A couch, a table, and a refrigerator.
8. When the narrator returns to Blue at the end of Chapter I, what does he see?
(a) Blue talking on the phone.
(b) Blue cooking in his kitchen.
(c) Blue sleeping on his couch.
(d) Blue praying before a black cross.
9. Fill in the following quote by Blue from Chapter II: "Without Christ, we would be little more than ____________."
10. Which of the following best describes Blue's physical description:
11. What does Blue do at the beginning of Chapter III?
(a) Puts on a concert.
(b) Hosts a gallery showing on the rooftop skyscraper.
(c) Goes for a walk
(d) Flies a kite.
12. How does Blue describe his speech in Chapter II on religion?
(a) A declaration of solitude.
(b) A declaration of independence.
(c) A declaration of war.
(d) A declaration of freedom.
13. What is Blue most proud of in his living situation after he gave away his money?
(a) The view of the city.
(b) A skylight.
(c) A treasured nightlight.
(d) That he didn't need material possessions.
14. When the narrator first sees Blue in Chapter I, what is Blue riding in?
(a) A taxi.
(b) A foreign automobile.
(c) A horse carriage.
(d) A motorcycle.
15. In England, who does Blue visit the important places in the life of?
(a) Cardinal Thomas Wolsey.
(b) Thomas Cromwell.
(c) King Henry VIII.
(d) Sir Thomas More.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Blue's idea for a motion picture begin?
2. In Blue's motion picture idea, what name does Blue give to No. 2,757,311.
3. In what country was Blue's money earned?
4. According to Blue, which of the following is not one of the advantages of living on a skyscraper roof?
5. At what time is Blue's party to start that Stevens attended?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)