|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter III, what is Blue painting?
(a) A mural.
(b) The sidewalk.
(c) A trombone.
(d) A giant box kite.
2. In Chapter I, how long has it been since the narrator last heard from Blue?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) Two months.
3. In Blue's idea for a motion picture, what is punishable by death?
(a) The cultivation of decorative growth.
(b) Attending a church service.
(c) The reading of the New Testament.
(d) Growing crops.
4. After Blue finished telling his story, how many minutes of silence were there?
(a) Two minutes.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
5. In Chapter I, where does Blue go on a pilgrimage?
6. Fill in the following quote from the narrator at the end of Chapter III: "Isn't the _________ to endure to the end of time?"
(c) Human race.
7. According to Stevens, what is Blue fond of?
(b) The public library.
(c) Band music.
(d) The military.
8. In Blue's motion picture idea, what name does Blue give to No. 2,757,311.
(d) Blue II.
9. What book does Blue want to publish a deluxe edition of?
(a) The New Testament.
(b) The Odyssey.
(c) The Iliad.
(d) The Old Testament.
10. In what country was Blue's money earned?
(d) New Zealand.
11. What does Blue think should be built on top of his skyscraper?
12. According to Blue, which of the following is not one of the advantages of living on a skyscraper roof?
(a) Could fly kites there.
(b) Having birds as pets.
(c) Liberate balloons.
(d) Could set off Roman candles.
13. How does the IGW try to stop 2,757,311 from his activities on the roof?
(a) Shooting him with a gun.
(b) Storming the building.
(c) Dropping bombs.
(d) Directing him to stop with a loud megaphone.
14. In Blue's motion picture idea, what do slaves eat?
(a) Liquid food.
(b) Communion wine.
(c) Bread and water.
(d) Grains and fruit.
15. How long did it take Blue to spend $900,000 dollars?
(a) Two months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Ten months.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter I, where does the narrator first run into Blue?
2. When the narrator first sees Blue in Chapter I, what is Blue riding in?
3. Besides Stevens, who is the other guest at Blue's party in Chapter II?
4. From what point of view is the novel told?
5. Fill in the following quote from Chapter I: " I have more ____________ than anyone alive."
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)