|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Looking down on the action of Play Two, Act Two is a portrait of a soldier from ____________ army.
2. What is the name of the ship officer that Orin accuses Lavinia of wanting on their trip East?
3. What song is the chantyman singing at the beginning of Play Two, Act Four?
4. Who does Abner Small say haunts the Mannon house?
5. Where do Orin and Lavinia go instead of visiting their cousins?
Essay Topic 1
Elements of both the laws of man and nature are distorted and broken in this play. Discuss the symbolic and thematic implications of incest, murder and revenge in Mourning Becomes Electra.
Essay Topic 2
What kind of demands on the audience does Mourning Becomes Electra make? Discuss the structure, length and emotional weight of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Mourning Becomes Electra highlights the power and strength of woman versus men. Is this a positive or negative message? What are the implications of this theme considering when this play is written?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)