|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abner Small say haunts the Mannon house?
2. Seth tells Hazel he lets Abner Small in the house to stop the __________.
3. Seth tells Peter and Hazel he doesn't stay the night in the Mannon house if they give him what?
4. Who does Christine tell Orin that she is jealous of?
5. What does Orin call Lavinia in Act Two of Play Three?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Mourning Becomes Electra highlights the power and strength of woman versus men. Is this a positive or negative message? What are the implications of this theme considering when this play is written?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Lavinia call the Mannon house the Temple of Hate and Death? What role does religion play in the plot, and most specifically, in the Mannon name itself?
Essay Topic 3
What statement about the nature of war and the way it changes a person does O'Neill make through this play?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)