|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lavinia threatens to do what if Orin doesn't listen to what she has to say about Christine and their father's death?
2. Where does Christine tell Brant it looks like she goes if they sail away together?
3. Brant says the sea hates what?
4. What does Lavinia wish Orin has the courage to do at the beginning of Play Three, Act Three?
5. Orin tells his dead father that now that Ezra is gone, they can be what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What statement about the nature of war and the way it changes a person does O'Neill make through this play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Mourning Becomes Electra highlights the power and strength of woman versus men. Is this a positive or negative message? What are the implications of this theme considering when this play is written?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss each of the following themes and how they resonate throughout the play: family duty; sins of the fathers; and the dark side of love.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)