|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brant give up to runaway with Christine?
2. Orin says killing Brant is almost like ___________.
3. Who does Lavinia tell Orin forgets them at the end of the first scene in Play Three, Act One?
4. What does Orin tell Christine is the difference in her appearance when he returns home?
5. How much time passes between Acts One and Two of Play Three?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use throughout the play of the literary components of foreshadowing, irony and metaphor.
Essay Topic 2
What kind of demands on the audience does Mourning Becomes Electra make? Discuss the structure, length and emotional weight of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the non-plot parallels between Mourning Becomes Electra and the classical Greek tragedies it is based on.
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)