|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lavinia tells the portraits in the sitting room, in the last play, that she does her ______ to them.
2. Orin angrily tells Lavinia, in the last play, that they have no right to what?
3. Where does Orin tell Christine they can go now that Brant is dead?
4. Who is Lavinia calling away to help in Play Three, Act Three?
5. How many letters does Orin receive from Christine in the last six months of the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of demands on the audience does Mourning Becomes Electra make? Discuss the structure, length and emotional weight of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Mourning Becomes Electra highlights the power and strength of woman versus men. Is this a positive or negative message? What are the implications of this theme considering when this play is written?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolic significance of each of the following: The Mannon house; the song "Shenandoah"; the family resemblances and the islands.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)