|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orin tells his mother that he feels the presence of __________ in the house.
2. What does Orin tell his mother that Brant does to her to get her to murder Ezra?
3. Orin tells Lavinia, in the last play, that he is drawn to Hazel's what?
4. Who does Lavinia send to get Doctor Blake, after Christine kills herself?
5. Orin tells Lavinia in the third act of Play Two that he never forgets what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use throughout the play of the literary components of foreshadowing, irony and metaphor.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Lavinia call the Mannon house the Temple of Hate and Death? What role does religion play in the plot, and most specifically, in the Mannon name itself?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how O'Neill makes the key thematic point through Mourning Becomes Electra that humanity doesn't change much in two thousand years.
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)