|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orin tells Christine about a book he reads during the war that tells him all about what?
2. Orin tells his dead father that now that Ezra is gone, they can be what?
3. Where does Orin kill Brant?
4. What does Lavinia place over the heart of her father's dead body in Act Three of the second play?
5. What song is the chantyman singing at the beginning of Play Two, Act Four?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the non-plot parallels between Mourning Becomes Electra and the classical Greek tragedies it is based on.
Essay Topic 2
What kind of demands on the audience does Mourning Becomes Electra make? Discuss the structure, length and emotional weight of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Peter and Hazel to Orin and Lavinia. What does the start differences in these character types illustrate in the play?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)