|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Christine tell Orin that she is jealous of?
2. Where do Brant and Christine plan to sail to on the ship Atlantis?
3. Christine tells Orin that Lavinia becomes _________ since he is gone.
4. Orin tells Lavinia in the third act of Play Two that he never forgets what?
5. Where does Orin tell Christine they can go now that Brant is dead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the thematic points of fate versus free will shown throughout Mourning Becomes Electra.
Essay Topic 2
Elements of both the laws of man and nature are distorted and broken in this play. Discuss the symbolic and thematic implications of incest, murder and revenge in Mourning Becomes Electra.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Lavinia and O'Neill's interpretation of her as Electra. How does her character drive both the plot and themes of the play? What is the meaning behind the title of the play?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)