|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The stage directions describe Ezra's dead face as looking like __________.
2. Lavinia threatens to do what if Orin doesn't listen to what she has to say about Christine and their father's death?
3. Orin tells his mother that he feels the presence of __________ in the house.
4. Seth tells Peter and Hazel that the Mannon house is built with what?
5. What does Orin give to Hazel for safe keeping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the thematic points of fate versus free will shown throughout Mourning Becomes Electra.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Peter and Hazel to Orin and Lavinia. What does the start differences in these character types illustrate in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Lavinia call the Mannon house the Temple of Hate and Death? What role does religion play in the plot, and most specifically, in the Mannon name itself?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)