|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lavinia tells Orin that Ezra says Orin does one of the _________ things he sees in the war.
2. What is Orin carrying, when he and Lavinia return to the house in Act Five of the second play?
3. Brant says the sea hates what?
4. Who does Lavinia send to get Doctor Blake, after Christine kills herself?
5. What is the last word that Christine says before killing herself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the non-plot parallels between Mourning Becomes Electra and the classical Greek tragedies it is based on.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the setting and stage direction in Mourning Becomes Electra are as significant to the plot as the characters, giving five specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use throughout the play of the literary components of foreshadowing, irony and metaphor.
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)