|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hazel give to Orin to help make him comfortable, as he settles into being back home?
2. Who brings Hazel a note from Christine, asking her to come to the Mannon house?
3. How does Orin kill himself?
4. What does Orin give to Hazel for safe keeping?
5. Lavinia tells Orin that their mother's suicide is an act of what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Mourning Becomes Electra highlights the power and strength of woman versus men. Is this a positive or negative message? What are the implications of this theme considering when this play is written?
Essay Topic 2
What statement does Mourning Becomes Electra make on the nature and power of guilt?
Essay Topic 3
The idea of a family curse is surfaced throughout the play. Discuss the importance of this theme in the Greek originals and O'Neills modern interpretation of this classical idea.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)