|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lavinia and Orin do after Brant is shot?
2. Orin tells Lavinia in the third act of Play Two that he never forgets what?
3. What does Seth bet Abner to stay the night in the Mannon house?
4. What does Orin tell Lavinia killing in the war is like?
5. What is Orin carrying, when he and Lavinia return to the house in Act Five of the second play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lavinia call the Mannon house the Temple of Hate and Death? What role does religion play in the plot, and most specifically, in the Mannon name itself?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss each of the following themes and how they resonate throughout the play: family duty; sins of the fathers; and the dark side of love.
Essay Topic 3
What statement about the nature of war and the way it changes a person does O'Neill make through this play?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)