|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Orin and Lavinia go instead of visiting their cousins?
2. What does Orin say, in the last play, that Lavinia steals from their mother?
3. Orin tells Christine at the end of the Play Two, Act Three that she is his what?
4. Christine tells Orin that Lavinia becomes _________ since he is gone.
5. What does Orin muse helps women to understand the brutality of war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the setting and stage direction in Mourning Becomes Electra are as significant to the plot as the characters, giving five specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
What statement does Mourning Becomes Electra make on the nature and power of guilt?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Peter and Hazel to Orin and Lavinia. What does the start differences in these character types illustrate in the play?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)