Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brant learn from the drunk shantyman on the wharf?
2. Who does Orin think is waiting for him in the study, when he returns from his long trip with Lavinia?
3. Lavinia tells Christine that killing Brant is what?
4. Seth tells Hazel he lets Abner Small in the house to stop the __________.
5. Orin tells Lavinia, in the last play, that he is drawn to Hazel's what?
Essay Topic 1
What statement does Mourning Becomes Electra make on the nature and power of guilt?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Peter and Hazel to Orin and Lavinia. What does the start differences in these character types illustrate in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the non-plot parallels between Mourning Becomes Electra and the classical Greek tragedies it is based on.
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)