|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the cousins Lavinia and Orin are supposed to be visiting?
2. Where do Brant and Christine plan to sail to on the ship Atlantis?
3. What is the last word that Christine says before killing herself?
4. Who does Christine call out to protect Adam Brant at the end of Play Two, Act Three?
5. Lavinia tells the portraits in the sitting room, in the last play, that she does her ______ to them.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use throughout the play of the literary components of foreshadowing, irony and metaphor.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how O'Neill makes the key thematic point through Mourning Becomes Electra that humanity doesn't change much in two thousand years.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolic significance of each of the following: The Mannon house; the song "Shenandoah"; the family resemblances and the islands.
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)