Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brant learn from the drunk shantyman on the wharf?
2. Who does Orin think is waiting for him in the study, when he returns from his long trip with Lavinia?
3. Lavinia tells Christine that killing Brant is what?
4. Seth tells Hazel he lets Abner Small in the house to stop the __________.
5. Orin tells Lavinia, in the last play, that he is drawn to Hazel's what?
Discuss the symbolic significance of each of the following: The Mannon house; the song "Shenandoah"; the family resemblances and the islands.
Discuss how Mourning Becomes Electra highlights the power and strength of woman versus men. Is this a positive or negative message? What are the implications of this theme considering when this play is written?
How is love evoked throughout the novel as a justification for sins. What are the thematic implications of the darker side of love in the play?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)