|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lavinia force Orin to say doesn't exist at the beginning of the third play?
2. Orin says killing Brant is almost like ___________.
3. Orin tells his dead father that now that Ezra is gone, they can be what?
4. Where does Orin tell Christine they can go now that Brant is dead?
5. What does Seth bet Abner to stay the night in the Mannon house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elements of both the laws of man and nature are distorted and broken in this play. Discuss the symbolic and thematic implications of incest, murder and revenge in Mourning Becomes Electra.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how O'Neill makes the key thematic point through Mourning Becomes Electra that humanity doesn't change much in two thousand years.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Lavinia call the Mannon house the Temple of Hate and Death? What role does religion play in the plot, and most specifically, in the Mannon name itself?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)