|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Christine kill herself?
2. Christine tells Orin that Lavinia becomes _________ since he is gone.
3. What does Hazel give to Orin to help make him comfortable, as he settles into being back home?
4. What does Brant give up to runaway with Christine?
5. How much time passes by the beginning of the third play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What statement does Mourning Becomes Electra make on the nature and power of guilt?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Lavinia and O'Neill's interpretation of her as Electra. How does her character drive both the plot and themes of the play? What is the meaning behind the title of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the setting and stage direction in Mourning Becomes Electra are as significant to the plot as the characters, giving five specific examples.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)