|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Orin kill Brant?
2. Where does Orin tell Christine they can go now that Brant is dead?
3. Where do Brant and Christine plan to sail to on the ship Atlantis?
4. What does Orin tell his mother that Brant does to her to get her to murder Ezra?
5. What does Orin say, in the last play, that Lavinia steals from their mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of a family curse is surfaced throughout the play. Discuss the importance of this theme in the Greek originals and O'Neills modern interpretation of this classical idea.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Lavinia call the Mannon house the Temple of Hate and Death? What role does religion play in the plot, and most specifically, in the Mannon name itself?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolic significance of each of the following: The Mannon house; the song "Shenandoah"; the family resemblances and the islands.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)