|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hazel and Peter get a telegram from Lavinia and Orin, sent from where?
2. What does Seth bet Abner to stay the night in the Mannon house?
3. What is Orin carrying, when he and Lavinia return to the house in Act Five of the second play?
4. What does Orin tell his mother that Brant does to her to get her to murder Ezra?
5. Who does Christine tell Orin that she is jealous of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Orin and Lavinia begin to resemble their parents, not only in appearance, but in the very words they speak by the end of the play? What are the thematic implications of this metamorphosis?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Lavinia call the Mannon house the Temple of Hate and Death? What role does religion play in the plot, and most specifically, in the Mannon name itself?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how O'Neill makes the key thematic point through Mourning Becomes Electra that humanity doesn't change much in two thousand years.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)