Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brant learn from the drunk shantyman on the wharf?
2. Who does Orin think is waiting for him in the study, when he returns from his long trip with Lavinia?
3. Lavinia tells Christine that killing Brant is what?
4. Seth tells Hazel he lets Abner Small in the house to stop the __________.
5. Orin tells Lavinia, in the last play, that he is drawn to Hazel's what?
Essay Topic 1
What kind of demands on the audience does Mourning Becomes Electra make? Discuss the structure, length and emotional weight of the play.
Essay Topic 2
The idea of a family curse is surfaced throughout the play. Discuss the importance of this theme in the Greek originals and O'Neills modern interpretation of this classical idea.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Lavinia and O'Neill's interpretation of her as Electra. How does her character drive both the plot and themes of the play? What is the meaning behind the title of the play?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)