|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Seth tells Peter and Hazel that the Mannon house is built with what?
2. Who does Christine call out to protect Adam Brant at the end of Play Two, Act Three?
3. How does Orin kill himself?
4. Where does Orin tell Christine they can go now that Brant is dead?
5. Hazel and Peter get a telegram from Lavinia and Orin, sent from where?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of demands on the audience does Mourning Becomes Electra make? Discuss the structure, length and emotional weight of the play.
Essay Topic 2
How do Orin and Lavinia begin to resemble their parents, not only in appearance, but in the very words they speak by the end of the play? What are the thematic implications of this metamorphosis?
Essay Topic 3
What statement about the nature of war and the way it changes a person does O'Neill make through this play?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)