|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Seth tells Peter and Hazel he doesn't stay the night in the Mannon house if they give him what?
2. The stage directions describe Ezra's dead face as looking like __________.
3. Hazel and Peter get a telegram from Lavinia and Orin, sent from where?
4. What does Lavinia force Orin to say doesn't exist at the beginning of the third play?
5. Orin tells Lavinia, in the last play, that he is drawn to Hazel's what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of demands on the audience does Mourning Becomes Electra make? Discuss the structure, length and emotional weight of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Lavinia and O'Neill's interpretation of her as Electra. How does her character drive both the plot and themes of the play? What is the meaning behind the title of the play?
Essay Topic 3
What statement does Mourning Becomes Electra make on the nature and power of guilt?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)