Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brant learn from the drunk shantyman on the wharf?
2. Who does Orin think is waiting for him in the study, when he returns from his long trip with Lavinia?
3. Lavinia tells Christine that killing Brant is what?
4. Seth tells Hazel he lets Abner Small in the house to stop the __________.
5. Orin tells Lavinia, in the last play, that he is drawn to Hazel's what?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss each of the following themes and how they resonate throughout the play: family duty; sins of the fathers; and the dark side of love.
Essay Topic 2
What statement does Mourning Becomes Electra make on the nature and power of guilt?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the specific character parallels between the Greek tragedies and Mourning Becomes Electra. What are some of the significant differences between characters that give a different resonance to O'Neill's play?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)