Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brant learn from the drunk shantyman on the wharf?
2. Who does Orin think is waiting for him in the study, when he returns from his long trip with Lavinia?
3. Lavinia tells Christine that killing Brant is what?
4. Seth tells Hazel he lets Abner Small in the house to stop the __________.
5. Orin tells Lavinia, in the last play, that he is drawn to Hazel's what?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use throughout the play of the literary components of foreshadowing, irony and metaphor.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how O'Neill uses the classical Greek tragedies The Oresteia by Aeschylus, Electra by Sophocles, and Electra by Euripides. What components of the plots are used in Mourning Becomes Electra?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the setting and stage direction in Mourning Becomes Electra are as significant to the plot as the characters, giving five specific examples.
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)