|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lavinia force Orin to say doesn't exist at the beginning of the third play?
2. Where does Christine tell Brant it looks like she goes if they sail away together?
3. What does Brant learn from the drunk shantyman on the wharf?
4. Where do Orin and Lavinia go instead of visiting their cousins?
5. Orin tells Christine at the end of the Play Two, Act Three that she is his what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is love evoked throughout the novel as a justification for sins. What are the thematic implications of the darker side of love in the play?
Essay Topic 2
How do Orin and Lavinia begin to resemble their parents, not only in appearance, but in the very words they speak by the end of the play? What are the thematic implications of this metamorphosis?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Mourning Becomes Electra highlights the power and strength of woman versus men. Is this a positive or negative message? What are the implications of this theme considering when this play is written?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)