Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brant learn from the drunk shantyman on the wharf?
2. Who does Orin think is waiting for him in the study, when he returns from his long trip with Lavinia?
3. Lavinia tells Christine that killing Brant is what?
4. Seth tells Hazel he lets Abner Small in the house to stop the __________.
5. Orin tells Lavinia, in the last play, that he is drawn to Hazel's what?
Discuss how O'Neill uses the classical Greek tragedies The Oresteia by Aeschylus, Electra by Sophocles, and Electra by Euripides. What components of the plots are used in Mourning Becomes Electra?
Discuss how Mourning Becomes Electra highlights the power and strength of woman versus men. Is this a positive or negative message? What are the implications of this theme considering when this play is written?
What kind of demands on the audience does Mourning Becomes Electra make? Discuss the structure, length and emotional weight of the play.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)