|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lavinia tells the portraits in the sitting room, in the last play, that she does her ______ to them.
2. Seth tells Peter and Hazel he doesn't stay the night in the Mannon house if they give him what?
3. Lavinia tells Orin that Ezra says Orin does one of the _________ things he sees in the war.
4. What does Brant learn from the drunk shantyman on the wharf?
5. Brant says the sea hates what?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how O'Neill uses the classical Greek tragedies The Oresteia by Aeschylus, Electra by Sophocles, and Electra by Euripides. What components of the plots are used in Mourning Becomes Electra?
Essay Topic 2
How do Orin and Lavinia begin to resemble their parents, not only in appearance, but in the very words they speak by the end of the play? What are the thematic implications of this metamorphosis?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the setting and stage direction in Mourning Becomes Electra are as significant to the plot as the characters, giving five specific examples.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)