|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orin tells Lavinia in the third act of Play Two that he never forgets what?
2. What does Orin call Lavinia in Act Two of Play Three?
3. What does Christine tell Orin that Captain Brant is after?
4. What is the last word that Christine says before killing herself?
5. What does Orin tell Christine is the difference in her appearance when he returns home?
Essay Topic 1
Elements of both the laws of man and nature are distorted and broken in this play. Discuss the symbolic and thematic implications of incest, murder and revenge in Mourning Becomes Electra.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Mourning Becomes Electra highlights the power and strength of woman versus men. Is this a positive or negative message? What are the implications of this theme considering when this play is written?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the setting and stage direction in Mourning Becomes Electra are as significant to the plot as the characters, giving five specific examples.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)