|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lavinia place over the heart of her father's dead body in Act Three of the second play?
2. Lavinia tells the portraits in the sitting room, in the last play, that she does her ______ to them.
3. Orin tells Christine about a book he reads during the war that tells him all about what?
4. Who does Christine call out to protect Adam Brant at the end of Play Two, Act Three?
5. Christine tells Orin that Lavinia becomes _________ since he is gone.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how O'Neill makes the key thematic point through Mourning Becomes Electra that humanity doesn't change much in two thousand years.
Essay Topic 2
Elements of both the laws of man and nature are distorted and broken in this play. Discuss the symbolic and thematic implications of incest, murder and revenge in Mourning Becomes Electra.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the thematic points of fate versus free will shown throughout Mourning Becomes Electra.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)