|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brant says the sea hates what?
(a) A coward.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A liar.
(d) A lover.
2. Why does Brant have a pistol out as he tells the drunk shantyman on the wharf to show himself?
(a) He thinks it's a ghost.
(b) There are mutiny on his ship.
(c) There are robberies in port.
(d) He is afraid of Orin.
3. How much time passes between Acts One and Two of Play Three?
(a) One year.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) Two days.
4. What does Orin tell Lavinia he is doing, locked in the dark study by himself in the third play?
(a) Writing a confession.
(b) Reading law books.
(c) Writing her a love poem.
(d) Communing with ghosts.
5. Where does Christine tell Brant it looks like she goes if they sail away together?
(a) A voyage of grief.
(b) New York.
(c) Visiting friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lavinia tells Christine that killing Brant is what?
2. Orin says killing Brant is almost like ___________.
3. Who brings Hazel a note from Christine, asking her to come to the Mannon house?
4. How does Christine kill herself?
5. Who is Orin speaking to in the beginning of Play Three, Act Two?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)