|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Orin's military rank?
2. What happens to Christine at the end of Play One, Act Four?
(a) She faints.
(b) She dies.
(c) She is triumphant.
(d) She runs away.
3. Who does Peter hear rumors about Lavinia falling in love with?
(c) Captain Brant.
(d) Captain Brandon,
4. What song is being sung as the play opens?
(b) Amazing Grace.
(d) Swing low.
5. What does Ezra beg Christine to give him as he is dying?
(a) Her forgiveness.
(b) Her love.
(c) His medicine.
(d) Pen and paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orin teases Lavinia when he returns from the war that she is still _____________.
2. What is the name of Captain Brant's ship?
3. Who does Orin resemble as he walks up the driveway as he returns from the war?
4. Where does Lavinia tell Seth she is at the beginning of Part Two in the first scene of Homecoming?
5. How long are Ezra and Christine married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Orin tell Lavinia he dreams about during the war?
2. How does Orin describe his and Lavinia's experience on the Island?
3. What causes Ezra to have a heart attack the morning after he returns from the war?
4. Why does Adam Brant tell Lavinia he wants to kill Ezra?
5. What news does Peter share with Lavinia in Act One, Scene One of Homecoming?
6. What about Christine surprises Mrs. Borden and Mrs. Hills?
7. What does Hazel tell Lavinia in the last act of the play?
8. What does Christine tell Lavinia is the reason they never get along?
9. How does Lavinia begin to change Orin's mind about their mother's innocence?
10. Who is eavesdropping on Christine and Brant's conversation on his ship?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)