|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orin teases Lavinia when he returns from the war that she is still _____________.
2. How does Brant want to kill Ezra?
(d) In battle.
3. What are both Christine and Lavinia wearing in the first scene of Homecoming?
(c) Arm bands.
4. What is the setting of the first act of the second play?
(a) The wharf.
(b) The exterior of the Mannon house at night.
(c) Ezra's study.
(d) The Mannon sitting room.
5. Who is waiting with Christine to see Orin return from the train station?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lavinia thinks of Peter as a _________.
2. Who does Ezra point an accusing finger at as he is dying?
3. Lavinia always reminds her mother of what?
4. As Captain Brant leaves for his ship, Christine promises him that she soon is what?
5. Who does David Mannon marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is remarkable about Lavinia's appearance in the third play?
2. What does Christine say when Orin confronts her about Captain Brant, the day he returns from the war?
3. How does the conversation between Seth and the townspeople in the first scene of the play hint at secrets in the Mannon family?
4. Why does Lavinia refuse Peter's marriage proposal in the first act of the play?
5. Why is Orin suspicious of his mother's fondness for Hazel?
6. What condition is Orin in at the beginning of the third play?
7. Who is Josiah Borden?
8. According to Mrs. Borden, how is Lavinia handling her father's death?
9. How does Lavinia begin to change Orin's mind about their mother's innocence?
10. What does Orin say about the war that shocks Christine, Hazel and Peter?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)