|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lavinia tell Peter she hates in the first scene of the play?
2. What does Christine go into her room to get when Ezra becomes ill?
(a) A candle.
(b) Her robe.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A pill box.
3. What does the doctor call Ezra's heart condition?
(d) Bad luck.
4. Ezra tells Christine that the war makes him look at ________ differently.
5. Where does Lavinia tell Seth she is at the beginning of Part Two in the first scene of Homecoming?
(a) New York.
(b) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christine tells Brant that she loves him because he resembles to who?
2. What is Orin's military rank?
3. What does Captain Brant tell Lavinia happens to his father?
4. What does Ezra beg Christine to give him as he is dying?
5. Captain Brant says Lavinia looks exactly like who?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is eavesdropping on Christine and Brant's conversation on his ship?
2. What is Orin writing down in Play Three, Act Two?
3. What condition is Orin in at the beginning of the third play?
4. Why does Captain Brant tell Lavinia about the islands he goes to?
5. What is remarkable about Lavinia's appearance in the third play?
6. How does Ezra describe Orin's condition to Christine when he returns from the war?
7. Describe Christine and Orin's reunion.
8. How does Orin describe his and Lavinia's experience on the Island?
9. What does Hazel say about the Mannon house as she and Peter prepare it for Lavinia and Orin's return from the islands?
10. Why is Orin surprised by Christine's obvious grief over Brant's death?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)