|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Christine and Brant hear at the end of Act Two of Homecoming?
(a) Ezra's voice.
(b) Lavinia's voice.
(c) The cannon at the fort.
2. Who is Hazel hoping Lavinia hears from in the first act of the play?
(a) Captain Niles.
(d) Captain Brant.
3. How many years is Seth with the Mannon family?
4. What year is the first production of Mourning Becomes Electra?
5. What does Captain Brant tell Lavinia happens to his father?
(a) Dies of a broken heart.
(b) Dies in battle.
(c) Dies in a duel.
(d) Commits suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ezra tell Christine that house and his bed are waiting for?
2. Ezra accuses Christine of lying to him __________.
3. Who is waiting with Christine to see Orin return from the train station?
4. How many days is it since Ezra's death at the beginning of the second play?
5. What is the name of Louisa Ames' cousin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lavinia begin to change Orin's mind about their mother's innocence?
2. How does Christine die?
3. According to Mrs. Borden, how is Lavinia handling her father's death?
4. How does the war change Ezra's view about death?
5. What is significant about Play One, Act Two taking place under the watchful eye of Ezra's portrait?
6. What does Orin say about the war that shocks Christine, Hazel and Peter?
7. What is Lavinia's fate?
8. How does Orin tell Lavinia he is actually wounded in the war?
9. How does Lavinia react when Seth tells her that Adam Brant might be a Mannon?
10. Why is Christine able to bond with Orin and not Lavinia?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)