|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ezra call out for as he is dying?
2. Who is drunk in the third act of the first play?
3. What is Orin's military rank?
4. What does Captain Brant call all Mannons?
5. What is the setting of the first act of the second play?
(a) The wharf.
(b) Ezra's study.
(c) The Mannon sitting room.
(d) The exterior of the Mannon house at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ezra beg Christine to give him as he is dying?
2. Who does Seth want to tell Lavinia about when he sees her in the first scene of Homecoming?
3. Ezra is a highly regarded ___________ of the town.
4. What is the name of the main character speaking in the first scene of Homecoming?
5. What is the name of Captain Brant's ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Adam Brant tell Lavinia he wants to kill Ezra?
2. Who is Lavinia Mannon?
3. How does Lavinia react when Seth tells her that Adam Brant might be a Mannon?
4. Describe Ezra's death scene.
5. Why does Captain Brant tell Lavinia about the islands he goes to?
6. Who is David Mannon?
7. What is Christine's reaction when Lavinia tells her the war is over soon?
8. Why does Christine compare the Mannon house to Abe Mannon?
9. Why is Christine able to bond with Orin and not Lavinia?
10. What does Orin tell Lavinia he dreams about during the war?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)