|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the members of the "chorus" in the first scene of the play?
(a) Greek goddesses.
2. Who is Everett Hills?
(a) The carpenter.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The minister.
3. Ezra tells Christine he can't talk to her with her ______________.
(a) Eyes open.
(b) Clothes on.
(c) Eyes closed.
(d) Clothes off.
4. According to Seth, who throws David Mannon out of the house?
5. Who is drunk in the third act of the first play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who jokes that Ezra probably dies from making love to Christine?
2. What does Ezra beg Christine to give him as he is dying?
3. What does Captain Brant call all Mannons?
4. What year is Mourning Becomes Electra taking place?
5. Ezra tells Christine that the war makes him look at ________ differently.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Orin mean when he tells her that he can forgive her for anything, except being with Brant?
2. How do Orin and Lavinia come to be just like their parents?
3. Why does Christine compare the Mannon house to Abe Mannon?
4. What does Hazel say about the Mannon house as she and Peter prepare it for Lavinia and Orin's return from the islands?
5. How does Christine plan to kill Ezra with the help of Captain Brant?
6. What does Orin tell Lavinia he dreams about during the war?
7. What is remarkable about Lavinia's appearance in the third play?
8. How does Orin describe his and Lavinia's experience on the Island?
9. How does O'Neill show a clear contrast between Christine and Hazel in Play Two, Act Five?
10. Who is David Mannon?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)