|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lavinia say that Captain Brant is using for revenge?
(a) Her mother.
2. What do Christine and Brant hear at the end of Act Two of Homecoming?
(a) The cannon at the fort.
(c) Ezra's voice.
(d) Lavinia's voice.
3. What does Lavinia tell Peter she hates in the first scene of the play?
4. What does Christine hide behind her back as Ezra is dying?
(a) A knife.
(b) A pillbox.
(c) A gun.
(d) A letter.
5. Ezra tells Orin that his heart condition is what?
(b) Not serious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lavinia vow to punish at the end of the first play?
2. Who does Christine compare the Mannon house to?
3. What color dress is Lavinia wearing the night her father returns?
4. What does the doctor call Ezra's heart condition?
5. Where does Lavinia tell Seth she is at the beginning of Part Two in the first scene of Homecoming?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the conversation between Seth and the townspeople in the first scene of the play hint at secrets in the Mannon family?
2. What do Seth and the other men dare Abner Small to do at the beginning of the third play?
3. What does Orin say about the war that shocks Christine, Hazel and Peter?
4. What plans do Christine and Brant make when she comes to see him on his ship?
5. What does Hazel tell Lavinia in the last act of the play?
6. What about Christine surprises Mrs. Borden and Mrs. Hills?
7. What does Orin mean when he tells her that he can forgive her for anything, except being with Brant?
8. What does Christine say when Orin confronts her about Captain Brant, the day he returns from the war?
9. What does Orin say about the Mannon house when he first sees it, after returning from the war?
10. How does O'Neill show a clear contrast between Christine and Hazel in Play Two, Act Five?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)