|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lavinia thinks of Peter as a _________.
2. What does the old gardener call Lavinia?
(d) The princess.
3. Ezra tells Christine that the war makes him look at ________ differently.
4. What is the name of Captain Brant's ship?
(a) Paradise Found.
(b) Trade Winds.
(c) Flying Trades.
(d) Garden of Paradise.
5. What is Amos Ames' trade?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Christine say she is visiting on her trips to New York?
2. Peter thinks Captain Brant looks more like a ___________ than a ship captain.
3. According to Seth, who throws David Mannon out of the house?
4. What is the name of Captain Brant's mother?
5. What color dress is Lavinia wearing the night her father returns?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Seth and the other men dare Abner Small to do at the beginning of the third play?
2. Why is Orin suspicious of his mother's fondness for Hazel?
3. How does Ezra describe Orin's condition to Christine when he returns from the war?
4. How does Ezra tell Christine he is feeling the morning after he returns from the war?
5. What about Christine surprises Mrs. Borden and Mrs. Hills?
6. What does Orin say about the war that shocks Christine, Hazel and Peter?
7. Why does Captain Brant tell Lavinia about the islands he goes to?
8. What news does Peter share with Lavinia in Act One, Scene One of Homecoming?
9. What does Hazel say about the Mannon house as she and Peter prepare it for Lavinia and Orin's return from the islands?
10. Why does Christine compare the Mannon house to Abe Mannon?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)