|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years is Seth with the Mannon family?
2. Christine tells Lavinia she believes the war is over when she hears what?
(a) Lincoln's address.
(b) Her husband's voice.
(c) Gun salute from the fort.
(d) News from the corner.
3. Ezra tells Christine there is always ___________ between them.
(a) A great love.
(b) A daughter.
(c) A wall.
(d) An agreement.
4. Lavinia tells Peter she can't marry him because _________ needs her.
5. What do Christine and Brant hear at the end of Act Two of Homecoming?
(a) Ezra's voice.
(c) The cannon at the fort.
(d) Lavinia's voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain Brant says Lavinia looks exactly like who?
2. What is the name of Captain Brant's mother?
3. Ezra is a highly regarded ___________ of the town.
4. As he is dying, Christine tells Lavinia that Ezra is ____________.
5. What color dress is Lavinia wearing the night her father returns?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lavinia begin to change Orin's mind about their mother's innocence?
2. Describe Christine and Orin's reunion.
3. What does Mrs. Hills attribute Ezra's sudden death to?
4. How do Orin and Lavinia come to be just like their parents?
5. What causes Ezra to have a heart attack the morning after he returns from the war?
6. How does Captain Brant die?
7. How does Lavinia react when Seth tells her that Adam Brant might be a Mannon?
8. How does Christine plan to kill Ezra with the help of Captain Brant?
9. What about Christine surprises Mrs. Borden and Mrs. Hills?
10. Who is eavesdropping on Christine and Brant's conversation on his ship?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)