|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to the train station with Lavinia to meet Orin?
2. What does Christine tell Brant he does with her share of the Mannon estate?
(a) Buy a ship.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Buy an island.
(d) Become mayor.
3. Who jokes that Ezra probably dies from making love to Christine?
(a) Josiah Borden.
(b) Dr. Blake.
(c) Everett Hills.
(d) Emma Borden.
4. What does Christine hide behind her back as Ezra is dying?
(a) A gun.
(b) A letter.
(c) A knife.
(d) A pillbox.
5. How old is Captain Brant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Seth think is David Mannon's son?
2. What does Lavinia accuse Christine of stealing from her?
3. Where is Christine when she comes upon Peter and Lavinia in the first scene of the play?
4. Christine tells Hazel that life twists people's feeling for each other until they do what to each other?
5. Ezra tells Christine that the war makes him look at ________ differently.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Mannon mansion in the opening scene of the play.
2. What is Christine's reaction when Lavinia tells her the war is over soon?
3. How does the conversation between Seth and the townspeople in the first scene of the play hint at secrets in the Mannon family?
4. What is Orin writing down in Play Three, Act Two?
5. What does Orin mean when he tells her that he can forgive her for anything, except being with Brant?
6. Why does Christine compare the Mannon house to Abe Mannon?
7. How do Orin and Lavinia come to be just like their parents?
8. What causes Ezra to have a heart attack the morning after he returns from the war?
9. How does Ezra describe Orin's condition to Christine when he returns from the war?
10. How does Orin tell Lavinia he is actually wounded in the war?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)