|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of the first act of the second play?
(a) The wharf.
(b) Ezra's study.
(c) The exterior of the Mannon house at night.
(d) The Mannon sitting room.
2. How long are Ezra and Christine married?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 27 years.
(c) 16 years.
(d) 23 years.
3. Where is Christine originally from?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
4. What does Christine tell Brant he does with her share of the Mannon estate?
(a) Buy an island.
(b) Become mayor.
(c) Buy a ship.
(d) Marry her.
5. What color dress is Lavinia wearing the night her father returns?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ezra tells Christine he can't talk to her with her ______________.
2. Who is Hazel hoping Lavinia hears from in the first act of the play?
3. Ezra tells Orin that his heart condition is what?
4. What is the title of the second play?
5. Where is Orin wounded in the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the conversation between Seth and the townspeople in the first scene of the play hint at secrets in the Mannon family?
2. Why is Orin suspicious of his mother's fondness for Hazel?
3. What condition is Orin in at the beginning of the third play?
4. What is Christine's reaction when Lavinia tells her the war is over soon?
5. Who is eavesdropping on Christine and Brant's conversation on his ship?
6. What is Orin's tone as he talks to his dead father in Play Two, Act Three?
7. How does Lavinia react when Seth tells her that Adam Brant might be a Mannon?
8. How does Christine plan to kill Ezra with the help of Captain Brant?
9. What news does Peter share with Lavinia in Act One, Scene One of Homecoming?
10. What does Christine accuse Lavinia of at the end of the first act of the second play?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)