|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of the first act of the second play?
(a) The exterior of the Mannon house at night.
(b) The Mannon sitting room.
(c) The wharf.
(d) Ezra's study.
2. What does Christine call Orin when she first sees him on the day he returns from the war?
(b) Her man.
(d) My baby.
3. As he is dying, Christine tells Lavinia that Ezra is ____________.
4. Who does Ezra point an accusing finger at as he is dying?
5. Captain Brant speaks to Lavinia at some length about his love of _______.
(c) New England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are both Christine and Lavinia wearing in the first scene of Homecoming?
2. What is the name of Louisa Ames' cousin?
3. Captain Brant says Lavinia looks exactly like who?
4. What is the setting of the Act Three of Homecoming?
5. What year is Mourning Becomes Electra taking place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Seth tell Lavinia about the French-Canadian nurse that he believes is Brant's mother?
2. What is Orin writing down in Play Three, Act Two?
3. What is Ezra's appearance like on the night he returns from the war?
4. What does Hazel say about the Mannon house as she and Peter prepare it for Lavinia and Orin's return from the islands?
5. What causes Lavinia to think Christine has something to do with Ezra's death?
6. Why does Lavinia refuse Peter's marriage proposal in the first act of the play?
7. How does Orin die?
8. What does Orin tell Lavinia he dreams about during the war?
9. How does Ezra describe Orin's condition to Christine when he returns from the war?
10. What does Christine say when Orin confronts her about Captain Brant, the day he returns from the war?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)