|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Borden say she can't abide?
2. Who does David Mannon marry?
(a) A French Canadian.
(b) An English heiress.
(c) A French maid.
(d) A New Yorker.
3. What does the old gardener call Lavinia?
(a) The princess.
4. Orin tells Lavinia that Ezra and the war teaches him what?
(a) To ignore death.
(b) To love Christine.
(c) To runaway.
(d) To be brave.
5. What does the doctor call Ezra's heart condition?
(b) Bad luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ezra tells Lavinia she always is what?
2. What does Lavinia tell Peter she hates in the first scene of the play?
3. Who does Peter hear rumors about Lavinia falling in love with?
4. What is Orin's military rank?
5. According to Seth, who throws David Mannon out of the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Christine die?
2. What condition is Orin in at the beginning of the third play?
3. What does Orin tell Lavinia he dreams about during the war?
4. What do Seth and the townspeople discuss as the first scene of the play opens?
5. What news does Peter share with Lavinia in Act One, Scene One of Homecoming?
6. How does Orin tell Lavinia he is actually wounded in the war?
7. What does Orin say about the war that shocks Christine, Hazel and Peter?
8. Who is eavesdropping on Christine and Brant's conversation on his ship?
9. What is Orin writing down in Play Three, Act Two?
10. Who is Lavinia Mannon?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)