|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lavinia vow to punish at the end of the first play?
2. Where does Ezra die?
(a) His study.
(b) His bed.
(c) The front porch.
(d) Christine's arms.
3. What does Ezra tell Christine that house and his bed are waiting for?
(a) His death.
(b) Her love.
4. How does Orin learn about Captain Brant?
(a) Christine's letters.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) Lavinia's letters.
(d) Meeting him New York.
5. Who does David Mannon marry?
(a) A French maid.
(b) A New Yorker.
(c) A French Canadian.
(d) An English heiress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who jokes that Ezra probably dies from making love to Christine?
2. Where is Christine originally from?
3. What is the setting of the first act of the second play?
4. Where is Christine when she comes upon Peter and Lavinia in the first scene of the play?
5. How long are Ezra and Christine married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Orin writing down in Play Three, Act Two?
2. Who is eavesdropping on Christine and Brant's conversation on his ship?
3. What plans do Christine and Brant make when she comes to see him on his ship?
4. Why is Christine able to bond with Orin and not Lavinia?
5. What does Hazel say about the Mannon house as she and Peter prepare it for Lavinia and Orin's return from the islands?
6. Who is Lavinia Mannon?
7. How does Christine plan to kill Ezra with the help of Captain Brant?
8. What is remarkable about Lavinia's appearance in the third play?
9. How does the conversation between Seth and the townspeople in the first scene of the play hint at secrets in the Mannon family?
10. Who is David Mannon?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)