|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christine and Brant plot to make Ezra's death look like a ___________.
(a) Heart attack.
2. Who does Lavinia vow to punish at the end of the first play?
3. Who jokes that Ezra probably dies from making love to Christine?
(a) Dr. Blake.
(b) Everett Hills.
(c) Josiah Borden.
(d) Emma Borden.
4. Ezra is a highly regarded ___________ of the town.
5. Who is drunk in the third act of the first play?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Seth, who throws David Mannon out of the house?
2. How many days is it since Ezra's death at the beginning of the second play?
3. What is the name of the main character speaking in the first scene of Homecoming?
4. What does Captain Brant tell Lavinia happens to his father?
5. Lavinia tells Seth in the first scene that Captain Brant is coming to the house that night to ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Christine tell Lavinia is the reason they never get along?
2. How does Lavinia begin to change Orin's mind about their mother's innocence?
3. What does Hazel say about the Mannon house as she and Peter prepare it for Lavinia and Orin's return from the islands?
4. What does Christine say when Orin confronts her about Captain Brant, the day he returns from the war?
5. How does Christine die?
6. How does Christine treat Hazel in the second play?
7. How does Orin die?
8. What significant information does Captain Brant learn from the drunken sailor near his ship?
9. What is Christine's reaction when Lavinia tells her the war is over soon?
10. What causes Ezra to have a heart attack the morning after he returns from the war?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)