|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lavinia writes her father a letter about whom?
2. What is Amos Ames' trade?
3. Captain Brant speaks to Lavinia at some length about his love of _______.
(d) New England.
4. As he is dying, Christine tells Lavinia that Ezra is ____________.
5. Who jokes that Ezra probably dies from making love to Christine?
(a) Emma Borden.
(b) Everett Hills.
(c) Josiah Borden.
(d) Dr. Blake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mannon house remind Orin of when he sees it for the first time after the war?
2. Ezra tells Christine that the war makes him look at ________ differently.
3. How many days is it since Ezra's death at the beginning of the second play?
4. What song is being sung as the play opens?
5. Lavinia always reminds her mother of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lavinia refuse Peter's marriage proposal in the first act of the play?
2. What does Christine accuse Lavinia of at the end of the first act of the second play?
3. According to Mrs. Borden, how is Lavinia handling her father's death?
4. What is Ezra's appearance like on the night he returns from the war?
5. How does the war change Ezra's view about death?
6. What causes Lavinia to think Christine has something to do with Ezra's death?
7. Who is Josiah Borden?
8. Why is Orin suspicious of his mother's fondness for Hazel?
9. What does Mrs. Hills attribute Ezra's sudden death to?
10. Why is Orin surprised by Christine's obvious grief over Brant's death?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)