|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ezra die?
(a) The front porch.
(b) His bed.
(c) Christine's arms.
(d) His study.
2. How many days is it since Ezra's death at the beginning of the second play?
3. Who does Orin resemble as he walks up the driveway as he returns from the war?
4. Who are the members of the "chorus" in the first scene of the play?
(c) Greek goddesses.
5. Lavinia tells Peter she can't marry him because _________ needs her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the second play?
2. Where is Christine originally from?
3. Christine convinces Brant to get a drug to help kill Ezra from where?
4. Who is waiting with Christine to see Orin return from the train station?
5. What does the doctor call Ezra's heart condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about Christine surprises Mrs. Borden and Mrs. Hills?
2. How does the conversation between Seth and the townspeople in the first scene of the play hint at secrets in the Mannon family?
3. What does Orin tell Hazel to do with the envelope he gives her in Play Three, Act Three?
4. How does Christine plan to kill Ezra with the help of Captain Brant?
5. How does Peter react to seeing Lavinia when she returns from her trip to the East?
6. What news does Peter share with Lavinia in Act One, Scene One of Homecoming?
7. Who is David Mannon?
8. What plans do Christine and Brant make when she comes to see him on his ship?
9. What is Orin's tone as he talks to his dead father in Play Two, Act Three?
10. Why does Lavinia refuse Peter's marriage proposal in the first act of the play?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)