|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Captain Brant speaks to Lavinia at some length about his love of _______.
(d) New England.
2. What is Amos Ames' trade?
3. Who does Orin equate the war to?
4. What is the name of Captain Brant's ship?
(a) Flying Trades.
(b) Paradise Found.
(c) Garden of Paradise.
(d) Trade Winds.
5. What is Brant's mother's position in the Mannon household?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ezra tells Christine he can't talk to her with her ______________.
2. Lavinia thinks of Peter as a _________.
3. What does Mrs. Hills say kills Ezra?
4. How does Orin learn about Captain Brant?
5. What does Captain Brant tell Lavinia happens to his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hazel tell Lavinia in the last act of the play?
2. Why does Adam Brant tell Lavinia he wants to kill Ezra?
3. How does Captain Brant die?
4. What does Christine accuse Lavinia of at the end of the first act of the second play?
5. According to Mrs. Borden, how is Lavinia handling her father's death?
6. Describe Christine and Orin's reunion.
7. How do Orin and Lavinia come to be just like their parents?
8. How does Orin describe his and Lavinia's experience on the Island?
9. What causes Ezra to have a heart attack the morning after he returns from the war?
10. How does Orin tell Lavinia he is actually wounded in the war?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)