|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Captain Brant says Lavinia looks exactly like who?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) His mother.
2. Who is Everett Hills?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The carpenter.
(d) The minister.
3. Who is drunk in the third act of the first play?
4. Who does Ezra point an accusing finger at as he is dying?
5. What does the Mannon house remind Orin of when he sees it for the first time after the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to the train station with Lavinia to meet Orin?
2. What is the setting of Play One, Act Four?
3. Who does David Mannon marry?
4. Lavinia tells Seth in the first scene that Captain Brant is coming to the house that night to ___________.
5. What does Christine hide behind her back as Ezra is dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Mrs. Borden, how is Lavinia handling her father's death?
2. What does Orin tell Hazel to do with the envelope he gives her in Play Three, Act Three?
3. What is Christine's reaction when Lavinia tells her the war is over soon?
4. Who is Lavinia Mannon?
5. How does Lavinia react when Seth tells her that Adam Brant might be a Mannon?
6. What is Ezra's appearance like on the night he returns from the war?
7. Who is Josiah Borden?
8. Why is Orin surprised by Christine's obvious grief over Brant's death?
9. What do Seth and the other men dare Abner Small to do at the beginning of the third play?
10. How do Orin and Lavinia come to be just like their parents?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)