|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ezra accuses Christine of lying to him __________.
(a) With her body.
(b) About Lavinia.
(c) With her words.
(d) About Brant.
2. How long are Ezra and Christine married?
(a) 16 years.
(b) 27 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 23 years.
3. As Captain Brant leaves for his ship, Christine promises him that she soon is what?
(a) On an island with him.
(c) His wife.
(d) In Ezra's bed.
4. What does Christine go into her room to get when Ezra becomes ill?
(a) A candle.
(b) Her robe.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A pill box.
5. Christine tells Lavinia she believes the war is over when she hears what?
(a) Lincoln's address.
(b) Gun salute from the fort.
(c) News from the corner.
(d) Her husband's voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christine tells Brant that she loves him because he resembles to who?
2. Who are the members of the "chorus" in the first scene of the play?
3. What does Christine tell Brant he does with her share of the Mannon estate?
4. According to Seth, who throws David Mannon out of the house?
5. Christine and Brant plot to make Ezra's death look like a ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Christine and Orin's reunion.
2. Describe Ezra's death scene.
3. What do Seth and the other men dare Abner Small to do at the beginning of the third play?
4. Why does Adam Brant tell Lavinia he wants to kill Ezra?
5. What news does Peter share with Lavinia in Act One, Scene One of Homecoming?
6. What does Orin tell Hazel to do with the envelope he gives her in Play Three, Act Three?
7. How does Ezra describe Orin's condition to Christine when he returns from the war?
8. What causes Ezra to have a heart attack the morning after he returns from the war?
9. How does Orin die?
10. What does Christine say when Orin confronts her about Captain Brant, the day he returns from the war?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)