|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old gardener call Lavinia?
(c) The princess.
2. Ezra Mannon is dressed like a __________ in the portrait that hangs in his study.
(a) A sailor.
(b) A judge.
(c) A Greek god.
(d) A soldier.
3. Who does Peter hear rumors about Lavinia falling in love with?
(b) Captain Brant.
(d) Captain Brandon,
4. Who does Orin resemble as he walks up the driveway as he returns from the war?
5. Who is Everett Hills?
(a) The carpenter.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ezra tells Christine that the war makes him look at ________ differently.
2. What does Captain Brant tell Lavinia happens to his father?
3. Who are the members of the "chorus" in the first scene of the play?
4. What does Christine call Orin when she first sees him on the day he returns from the war?
5. Lavinia thinks of Peter as a _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ezra tell Christine he is feeling the morning after he returns from the war?
2. How does Christine learn of Brant's murder?
3. What does Christine tell Lavinia is the reason they never get along?
4. What significant information does Captain Brant learn from the drunken sailor near his ship?
5. What is remarkable about Lavinia's appearance in the third play?
6. How does Lavinia begin to change Orin's mind about their mother's innocence?
7. How does Christine treat Hazel in the second play?
8. What is Orin writing down in Play Three, Act Two?
9. What does Mrs. Hills attribute Ezra's sudden death to?
10. How does O'Neill show a clear contrast between Christine and Hazel in Play Two, Act Five?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)