|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years is Seth with the Mannon family?
2. Who does Ezra call out for as he is dying?
3. Who does Mrs. Borden say she can't abide?
4. Ezra tells Orin that his heart condition is what?
(a) Not serious.
5. Christine tells Lavinia she believes the war is over when she hears what?
(a) Gun salute from the fort.
(b) Her husband's voice.
(c) Lincoln's address.
(d) News from the corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ezra tells Christine that the war makes him look at ________ differently.
2. What does Christine accuse Lavinia of at the end of the first act of the second play?
3. Orin tells Lavinia that Ezra and the war teaches him what?
4. What does Ezra tell Christine that house and his bed are waiting for?
5. How does Brant want to kill Ezra?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Mrs. Borden, how is Lavinia handling her father's death?
2. Who is Josiah Borden?
3. What do Seth and the other men dare Abner Small to do at the beginning of the third play?
4. What does Christine say when Orin confronts her about Captain Brant, the day he returns from the war?
5. What does Seth tell Lavinia about the French-Canadian nurse that he believes is Brant's mother?
6. What is significant about Play One, Act Two taking place under the watchful eye of Ezra's portrait?
7. What do Seth and the townspeople discuss as the first scene of the play opens?
8. What is Orin writing down in Play Three, Act Two?
9. What causes Lavinia to think Christine has something to do with Ezra's death?
10. Describe the Mannon mansion in the opening scene of the play.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)