|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christine accuse Lavinia of at the end of the first act of the second play?
(a) Gossiping about her.
(d) Following her everywhere.
2. What does Ezra beg Christine to give him as he is dying?
(a) Pen and paper.
(b) Her forgiveness.
(c) Her love.
(d) His medicine.
3. Who does Lavinia vow to punish at the end of the first play?
4. Where is Orin wounded in the war?
(a) His chest.
(b) His head.
(c) His leg.
(d) His arm.
5. What is the setting of Play One, Act Four?
(a) The Mannon sitting room.
(b) Outside the Mannon house.
(c) Ezra's study.
(d) Ezra's bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Christine originally from?
2. How many years is Seth with the Mannon family?
3. Who does Seth want to tell Lavinia about when he sees her in the first scene of Homecoming?
4. Who is drunk in the third act of the first play?
5. Ezra tells Christine he can't talk to her with her ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lavinia begin to change Orin's mind about their mother's innocence?
2. How does the conversation between Seth and the townspeople in the first scene of the play hint at secrets in the Mannon family?
3. How does Christine die?
4. What do Seth and the other men dare Abner Small to do at the beginning of the third play?
5. Why does Lavinia refuse Peter's marriage proposal in the first act of the play?
6. What is Orin's tone as he talks to his dead father in Play Two, Act Three?
7. Why does Christine compare the Mannon house to Abe Mannon?
8. Why is Orin suspicious of his mother's fondness for Hazel?
9. Who is Lavinia Mannon?
10. Why does Adam Brant tell Lavinia he wants to kill Ezra?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)