|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Borden say she can't abide?
2. Captain Brant says Lavinia looks exactly like who?
(a) Her mother.
(b) His mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandfather.
3. Captain Brant tells Lavinia that the color of her hair reminds him of whom?
(a) Her father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandmother.
4. How long are Ezra and Christine married?
(a) 27 years.
(b) 23 years.
(c) 16 years.
(d) 30 years.
5. What does Lavinia tell Peter she hates in the first scene of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ezra tell Christine that house and his bed are waiting for?
2. Christine tells Brant that she loves him because he resembles to who?
3. Lavinia writes her father a letter about whom?
4. Lavinia thinks of Peter as a _________.
5. What is the name of Captain Brant's ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter react to seeing Lavinia when she returns from her trip to the East?
2. What does Orin tell Lavinia he dreams about during the war?
3. What is Ezra's appearance like on the night he returns from the war?
4. How does the war change Ezra's view about death?
5. What do Seth and the other men dare Abner Small to do at the beginning of the third play?
6. What does Christine tell Lavinia is the reason they never get along?
7. How does Ezra tell Christine he is feeling the morning after he returns from the war?
8. What do Seth and the townspeople discuss as the first scene of the play opens?
9. What is significant about Play One, Act Two taking place under the watchful eye of Ezra's portrait?
10. How does O'Neill show a clear contrast between Christine and Hazel in Play Two, Act Five?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)