|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is the first production of Mourning Becomes Electra?
2. Peter thinks Captain Brant looks more like a ___________ than a ship captain.
3. What does Captain Brant tell Lavinia happens to his father?
(a) Dies of a broken heart.
(b) Dies in a duel.
(c) Commits suicide.
(d) Dies in battle.
4. What does Christine tell Brant he does with her share of the Mannon estate?
(a) Become mayor.
(b) Buy an island.
(c) Buy a ship.
(d) Marry her.
5. Ezra Mannon is dressed like a __________ in the portrait that hangs in his study.
(a) A sailor.
(b) A judge.
(c) A Greek god.
(d) A soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lavinia writes her father a letter about whom?
2. Who does David Mannon marry?
3. Who is Hazel hoping Lavinia hears from in the first act of the play?
4. Who does Orin resemble as he walks up the driveway as he returns from the war?
5. According to Seth, who throws David Mannon out of the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ezra's appearance like on the night he returns from the war?
2. What does Christine say when Orin confronts her about Captain Brant, the day he returns from the war?
3. Why does Captain Brant tell Lavinia about the islands he goes to?
4. What does Hazel tell Lavinia in the last act of the play?
5. Describe the Mannon mansion in the opening scene of the play.
6. Who is Josiah Borden?
7. What does Orin mean when he tells her that he can forgive her for anything, except being with Brant?
8. According to Mrs. Borden, how is Lavinia handling her father's death?
9. What about Christine surprises Mrs. Borden and Mrs. Hills?
10. What do Seth and the townspeople discuss as the first scene of the play opens?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)