|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christine go into her room to get when Ezra becomes ill?
(a) Her robe.
(b) A candle.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A pill box.
2. Who is waiting with Christine to see Orin return from the train station?
3. Who does Orin resemble as he walks up the driveway as he returns from the war?
4. How old is Captain Brant?
5. Who is Everett Hills?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The minister.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Seth want to tell Lavinia about when he sees her in the first scene of Homecoming?
2. What does the old gardener call Lavinia?
3. Which of the following Greek dramas is NOT source material for Mourning Becomes Electra?
4. What is Orin wearing on his head when he returns from war?
5. Who does Lavinia say that Captain Brant is using for revenge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Lavinia to think Christine has something to do with Ezra's death?
2. What does Seth tell Lavinia about the French-Canadian nurse that he believes is Brant's mother?
3. How does Christine plan to kill Ezra with the help of Captain Brant?
4. What is Christine's reaction when Lavinia tells her the war is over soon?
5. Why does Captain Brant tell Lavinia about the islands he goes to?
6. What is Lavinia's fate?
7. What condition is Orin in at the beginning of the third play?
8. What is significant about Play One, Act Two taking place under the watchful eye of Ezra's portrait?
9. Describe the Mannon mansion in the opening scene of the play.
10. What does Christine tell Lavinia is the reason they never get along?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)