|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orin teases Lavinia when he returns from the war that she is still _____________.
2. What does Lavinia tell Peter she hates in the first scene of the play?
3. Who does Lavinia say that Captain Brant is using for revenge?
(a) Her mother.
4. Who does Peter hear rumors about Lavinia falling in love with?
(c) Captain Brant.
(d) Captain Brandon,
5. Who is drunk in the third act of the first play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orin equate the war to?
2. Captain Brant says Lavinia looks exactly like who?
3. What is the setting of the first act of the second play?
4. What song is being sung as the play opens?
5. How does Orin learn about Captain Brant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Play One, Act Two taking place under the watchful eye of Ezra's portrait?
2. Who is David Mannon?
3. What does Hazel say about the Mannon house as she and Peter prepare it for Lavinia and Orin's return from the islands?
4. According to Mrs. Borden, how is Lavinia handling her father's death?
5. How does Orin die?
6. What plans do Christine and Brant make when she comes to see him on his ship?
7. What condition is Orin in at the beginning of the third play?
8. What is Orin writing down in Play Three, Act Two?
9. What does Orin mean when he tells her that he can forgive her for anything, except being with Brant?
10. What is Christine's reaction when Lavinia tells her the war is over soon?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)