|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor call Ezra's heart condition?
(c) Bad luck.
2. Lavinia tells Peter she can't marry him because _________ needs her.
3. Where is the Mannon house located?
(a) New York.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New England.
(d) North Carolina.
4. What does Christine go into her room to get when Ezra becomes ill?
(a) Her robe.
(b) A candle.
(c) A pill box.
(d) A Bible.
5. What is the name of the main character speaking in the first scene of Homecoming?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Captain Brant leaves for his ship, Christine promises him that she soon is what?
2. What does Captain Brant call all Mannons?
3. Lavinia tells Seth in the first scene that Captain Brant is coming to the house that night to ___________.
4. What does the Mannon house remind Orin of when he sees it for the first time after the war?
5. What does Christine call Orin when she first sees him on the day he returns from the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Seth tell Lavinia about the French-Canadian nurse that he believes is Brant's mother?
2. What causes Lavinia to think Christine has something to do with Ezra's death?
3. What causes Ezra to have a heart attack the morning after he returns from the war?
4. How does Christine die?
5. Why does Christine compare the Mannon house to Abe Mannon?
6. How does the war change Ezra's view about death?
7. What does Orin tell Lavinia he dreams about during the war?
8. How does Captain Brant die?
9. How does Lavinia react when Seth tells her that Adam Brant might be a Mannon?
10. How does Christine treat Hazel in the second play?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)