|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orin call Lavinia in Act Two of Play Three?
2. Orin says killing Brant is almost like ___________.
(a) Killing his father.
(b) Making love.
(c) Committing suicide.
(d) Finding freedom.
3. What do Lavinia and Orin do after Brant is shot?
(a) Make it look like a robbery.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Frame the shantyman.
(d) Throw his body in the sea.
4. What does Orin tell Christine is the difference in her appearance when he returns home?
(b) More beautiful.
(c) Gray hair.
(d) Older looking.
5. What is the name of the cousins Lavinia and Orin are supposed to be visiting?
6. Seth tells Peter and Hazel he doesn't stay the night in the Mannon house if they give him what?
(a) The house.
(b) The town.
(c) A million dollars.
(d) A beautiful woman.
7. What does Orin muse helps women to understand the brutality of war?
(a) Being nurses.
(b) Trading places with the men on the front for a month.
(c) Listening to men's war stories.
(d) Taking a trip to the deserted battlefields.
8. Hazel and Peter get a telegram from Lavinia and Orin, sent from where?
(b) The islands.
(d) New York.
9. Where does Orin kill Brant?
(a) In Brant's cabin.
(b) The warehouse.
(c) The wharf.
(d) On the deck of the ship.
10. Who is Lavinia calling away to help in Play Three, Act Three?
(b) The cook.
(c) The doctor.
11. How long is it before Brant's ship is due to sail from Boston again?
(a) One month.
(b) Two days.
(c) Six months.
(d) One week.
12. What does Brant give up to runaway with Christine?
(a) His ship.
(b) His fortune.
(c) His dignity.
(d) His family.
13. What does Orin tell Lavinia he is doing, locked in the dark study by himself in the third play?
(a) Writing a confession.
(b) Writing her a love poem.
(c) Communing with ghosts.
(d) Reading law books.
14. What does Orin tell Lavinia killing in the war is like?
(a) Making love.
(b) Killing his soul.
(c) Killing the same man twice.
(d) Finding freedom.
15. What is the name of the islander that Orin taunts Christine about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Christine tell Brant it looks like she goes if they sail away together?
2. Orin tells Lavinia in the third act of Play Two that he never forgets what?
3. Orin tells Christine at the end of the Play Two, Act Three that she is his what?
4. Who does Christine call out to protect Adam Brant at the end of Play Two, Act Three?
5. What is the setting of the second act of Play Two?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)