|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the islander that Orin taunts Christine about?
2. Who is Lavinia calling away to help in Play Three, Act Three?
(c) The doctor.
(d) The cook.
3. Who does Lavinia tell Orin forgets them at the end of the first scene in Play Three, Act One?
(a) Brant and Christine.
(b) Hazel and Peter.
(d) The dead.
4. Orin tells Christine at the end of the Play Two, Act Three that she is his what?
(a) Blessed island.
(b) Lost island.
5. Orin tells Lavinia, in the last play, that he is drawn to Hazel's what?
6. Where are Christine and Brant talking while Lavinia and Orin listen in?
(a) Brant's cabin.
(b) The wharf.
(c) The deck.
(d) The warehouse.
7. Orin tells a shocked Lavinia that she must learn to _________ death.
8. Why does Brant have a pistol out as he tells the drunk shantyman on the wharf to show himself?
(a) He is afraid of Orin.
(b) There are robberies in port.
(c) There are mutiny on his ship.
(d) He thinks it's a ghost.
9. How many letters does Orin receive from Christine in the last six months of the war?
10. What does Orin tell his mother that Brant does to her to get her to murder Ezra?
11. Where does Orin tell Christine they can go now that Brant is dead?
(a) Blessed islands.
(d) South Seas.
12. Who is Orin speaking to in the beginning of Play Three, Act Two?
(c) Ezra's portrait.
(d) Christine's ghost.
13. What does Hazel give to Orin to help make him comfortable, as he settles into being back home?
(a) A pillow for his back.
(c) Sleeping pills.
(d) A clean bandage for his head.
14. What do Lavinia and Orin do after Brant is shot?
(a) Throw his body in the sea.
(b) Make it look like a robbery.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Frame the shantyman.
15. How much time passes by the beginning of the third play?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christine kill herself?
2. Seth tells Peter and Hazel that the Mannon house is built with what?
3. Orin tells his mother that he feels the presence of __________ in the house.
4. What color dress is Lavinia wearing in the first act of Play Three?
5. Who does Christine tell Orin that she is jealous of?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)