|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lavinia show Orin as proof that Christine is a murderer?
(a) The pillbox.
(b) The gun.
(c) Christine's signed confession.
(d) A love letter from Brant.
2. What is the name of the ship officer that Orin accuses Lavinia of wanting on their trip East?
3. What is the name of the cousins Lavinia and Orin are supposed to be visiting?
4. How does Orin kill himself?
(c) Ezra's gun.
5. What does Lavinia have to promise to do in order for Orin not to confess all they do?
(a) To leave the house.
(b) To marry Peter.
(c) To bless his marriage to Hazel.
(d) Anything he wants.
6. Lavinia tells Orin that their mother's suicide is an act of what?
7. What does Lavinia place over the heart of her father's dead body in Act Three of the second play?
(a) A vial of her blood.
(b) Christine's pillbox.
(c) Ezra's gun.
(d) A lock of her hair.
8. Who does Christine call out to protect Adam Brant at the end of Play Two, Act Three?
9. What is the name of the islander that Orin taunts Christine about?
10. Who does Abner Small say haunts the Mannon house?
11. How long is it before Brant's ship is due to sail from Boston again?
(a) Two days.
(b) One month.
(c) Six months.
(d) One week.
12. Christine tells Hazel that she no longer believes in what?
13. Orin tells Christine about a book he reads during the war that tells him all about what?
(b) The islands.
14. Hazel and Peter get a telegram from Lavinia and Orin, sent from where?
(a) The islands.
(d) New York.
15. What does Orin tell Christine is the difference in her appearance when he returns home?
(a) Gray hair.
(b) More beautiful.
(c) Older looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Seth tells Hazel he lets Abner Small in the house to stop the __________.
2. What does Orin tell Lavinia killing in the war is like?
3. Where does Orin tell Christine they can go now that Brant is dead?
4. Where do Brant and Christine plan to sail to on the ship Atlantis?
5. Orin tells Lavinia, in the last play, that he is drawn to Hazel's what?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)