|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Christine tell Brant it looks like she goes if they sail away together?
(a) Visiting friends.
(c) A voyage of grief.
(d) New York.
2. Brant says the sea hates what?
(a) A lover.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A liar.
(d) A coward.
3. Orin tells Christine about a book he reads during the war that tells him all about what?
(a) The islands.
4. What does Orin tell Lavinia killing in the war is like?
(a) Making love.
(b) Killing the same man twice.
(c) Finding freedom.
(d) Killing his soul.
5. What does Orin call Lavinia in Act Two of Play Three?
6. What is the name of the man that Christine convinces Orin she meets in New York, rather than Brant?
(a) Mr. Hamel.
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Mr. Lamar.
(d) Mr. Long.
7. What is the name of the islander that Orin taunts Christine about?
8. Orin tells Lavinia, in the last play, that he is drawn to Hazel's what?
9. Hazel and Peter get a telegram from Lavinia and Orin, sent from where?
(a) New York.
(c) The islands.
10. Where do Orin and Lavinia go instead of visiting their cousins?
(c) New York.
(d) The islands.
11. Where do Brant and Christine plan to sail to on the ship Atlantis?
(a) South Seas.
12. What is the name of the cousins Lavinia and Orin are supposed to be visiting?
13. Looking down on the action of Play Two, Act Two is a portrait of a soldier from ____________ army.
(a) King George's.
14. Why does Brant have a pistol out as he tells the drunk shantyman on the wharf to show himself?
(a) He is afraid of Orin.
(b) There are mutiny on his ship.
(c) There are robberies in port.
(d) He thinks it's a ghost.
15. How many letters does Orin receive from Christine in the last six months of the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Orin tells his dead father that now that Ezra is gone, they can be what?
2. What is Orin carrying, when he and Lavinia return to the house in Act Five of the second play?
3. What does Orin tell Christine is the difference in her appearance when he returns home?
4. Orin tells Christine at the end of the Play Two, Act Three that she is his what?
5. Lavinia tells Orin that Ezra says Orin does one of the _________ things he sees in the war.
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)