|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lavinia tells the portraits in the sitting room, in the last play, that she does her ______ to them.
2. What does Orin call Lavinia in Act Two of Play Three?
3. Lavinia tells Christine that killing Brant is what?
4. What does Orin tell Christine is the difference in her appearance when he returns home?
(a) Older looking.
(b) More beautiful.
(c) Gray hair.
5. What does Lavinia force Orin to say doesn't exist at the beginning of the third play?
6. What is the setting of the second act of Play Two?
(a) Ezra's study.
(b) The wharf.
(c) The Mannon sitting-room.
(d) The front of the Mannon house.
7. How long does Abner Small have to stay in the Mannon house to win the bet?
(a) Until noon.
(b) Until sunrise.
(c) Until midnight.
(d) Until moonrise.
8. Where do Brant and Christine plan to sail to on the ship Atlantis?
(c) South Seas.
9. What does Seth bet Abner to stay the night in the Mannon house?
(a) The town.
(b) A jug of rum.
(c) A million dollars.
(d) Ten dollars and a jug of liquor.
10. Christine tells Hazel that she no longer believes in what?
11. Who is Lavinia calling away to help in Play Three, Act Three?
(a) The doctor.
(d) The cook.
12. What is the name of the man that Christine convinces Orin she meets in New York, rather than Brant?
(a) Mr. Hamel.
(b) Mr. Long.
(c) Mr. Lamar.
(d) Mr. Jones.
13. Orin tells Christine about a book he reads during the war that tells him all about what?
(c) The islands.
14. How many letters does Orin receive from Christine in the last six months of the war?
15. Lavinia threatens to do what if Orin doesn't listen to what she has to say about Christine and their father's death?
(a) Go to the police.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Kill Christine.
(d) Go to Brant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hazel give to Orin to help make him comfortable, as he settles into being back home?
2. How much time passes by the beginning of the third play?
3. What color dress is Lavinia wearing in the first act of Play Three?
4. What song is the chantyman singing at the beginning of Play Two, Act Four?
5. Looking down on the action of Play Two, Act Two is a portrait of a soldier from ____________ army.
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)