|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peter have to go in the third act of Play Three?
(c) Council meeting.
(d) Doctor's office.
2. Where does Orin tell Christine they can go now that Brant is dead?
(a) Blessed islands.
(d) South Seas.
3. What does Lavinia have to promise to do in order for Orin not to confess all they do?
(a) Anything he wants.
(b) To leave the house.
(c) To marry Peter.
(d) To bless his marriage to Hazel.
4. Orin says killing Brant is almost like ___________.
(a) Committing suicide.
(b) Killing his father.
(c) Making love.
(d) Finding freedom.
5. What does Seth bet Abner to stay the night in the Mannon house?
(a) Ten dollars and a jug of liquor.
(b) A jug of rum.
(c) A million dollars.
(d) The town.
6. Orin tells Lavinia, in the last play, that he is drawn to Hazel's what?
7. What does Brant learn from the drunk shantyman on the wharf?
(a) The Mannons are broke.
(b) Ezra is dead.
(c) Orin is home from war.
(d) Christine is coming.
8. What song is the chantyman singing at the beginning of Play Two, Act Four?
(b) Moon River.
(c) Amazing Grace.
(d) Swing Low.
9. The stage directions describe Ezra's dead face as looking like __________.
(b) A monster.
(c) A statue.
10. What does Lavinia show Orin as proof that Christine is a murderer?
(a) The gun.
(b) The pillbox.
(c) A love letter from Brant.
(d) Christine's signed confession.
11. How many letters does Orin receive from Christine in the last six months of the war?
12. Seth tells Hazel he lets Abner Small in the house to stop the __________.
13. Orin angrily tells Lavinia, in the last play, that they have no right to what?
14. Lavinia tells Christine that killing Brant is what?
15. What is the setting of the second act of Play Two?
(a) The Mannon sitting-room.
(b) The front of the Mannon house.
(c) The wharf.
(d) Ezra's study.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lavinia send to get Doctor Blake, after Christine kills herself?
2. Orin tells Lavinia in the third act of Play Two that he never forgets what?
3. What does Orin tell his mother that Brant does to her to get her to murder Ezra?
4. How long is it before Brant's ship is due to sail from Boston again?
5. What does Orin say, in the last play, that Lavinia steals from their mother?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)