|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brant learn from the drunk shantyman on the wharf?
(a) Ezra is dead.
(b) Christine is coming.
(c) Orin is home from war.
(d) The Mannons are broke.
2. What does Orin say, in the last play, that Lavinia steals from their mother?
(b) Her colors.
(c) Her beauty.
3. What does Lavinia force Orin to say doesn't exist at the beginning of the third play?
4. What is the name of the cousins Lavinia and Orin are supposed to be visiting?
5. Seth tells Peter and Hazel that the Mannon house is built with what?
6. Lavinia tells Orin that their mother's suicide is an act of what?
7. What is Orin and Christine's secret password from Orin's childhood?
(a) No Mannon's Allowed.
(b) No Lavinia's Allowed.
(c) Baby boy.
8. What is the name of the man that Christine convinces Orin she meets in New York, rather than Brant?
(a) Mr. Hamel.
(b) Mr. Long.
(c) Mr. Lamar.
(d) Mr. Jones.
9. What does Orin tell Lavinia killing in the war is like?
(a) Making love.
(b) Killing the same man twice.
(c) Finding freedom.
(d) Killing his soul.
10. Where does Christine kill herself?
(a) The Mannon garden.
(b) The Mannon sitting room.
(c) The wharf.
(d) Ezra's study.
11. Who does Lavinia tell Orin forgets them at the end of the first scene in Play Three, Act One?
(a) The dead.
(c) Hazel and Peter.
(d) Brant and Christine.
12. Orin tells Lavinia, in the last play, that he is drawn to Hazel's what?
13. Christine tells Hazel that she no longer believes in what?
14. Whose house does Ira Mackel say is haunted?
(a) Amos Ames.
(b) Abner Small.
(c) Asa Nims.
(d) Everett Hills.
15. Who does Abner Small say haunts the Mannon house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Looking down on the action of Play Two, Act Two is a portrait of a soldier from ____________ army.
2. Lavinia threatens to do what if Orin doesn't listen to what she has to say about Christine and their father's death?
3. Who does Christine call out to protect Adam Brant at the end of Play Two, Act Three?
4. What do Lavinia and Orin do after Brant is shot?
5. What is the last word that Christine says before killing herself?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)