|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Christine call out to protect Adam Brant at the end of Play Two, Act Three?
2. Who does Abner Small say haunts the Mannon house?
3. Seth tells Hazel he lets Abner Small in the house to stop the __________.
4. What song is the chantyman singing at the beginning of Play Two, Act Four?
(a) Amazing Grace.
(b) Swing Low.
(c) Moon River.
5. What does Brant give up to runaway with Christine?
(a) His ship.
(b) His family.
(c) His fortune.
(d) His dignity.
6. What is the last word that Christine says before killing herself?
7. What is the name of the cousins Lavinia and Orin are supposed to be visiting?
8. Hazel and Peter get a telegram from Lavinia and Orin, sent from where?
(c) New York.
(d) The islands.
9. What does Brant learn from the drunk shantyman on the wharf?
(a) The Mannons are broke.
(b) Ezra is dead.
(c) Orin is home from war.
(d) Christine is coming.
10. What color dress is Lavinia wearing in the first act of Play Three?
11. Who does Lavinia tell Orin forgets them at the end of the first scene in Play Three, Act One?
(a) The dead.
(b) Hazel and Peter.
(c) Brant and Christine.
12. How many letters does Orin receive from Christine in the last six months of the war?
13. Where does Christine tell Brant it looks like she goes if they sail away together?
(b) New York.
(c) A voyage of grief.
(d) Visiting friends.
14. Christine tells Orin that Lavinia becomes _________ since he is gone.
15. Brant says the sea hates what?
(a) A coward.
(b) A liar.
(c) A lover.
(d) A murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orin angrily tells Lavinia, in the last play, that they have no right to what?
2. What is the name of the man that Christine convinces Orin she meets in New York, rather than Brant?
3. Who does Christine tell Orin that she is jealous of?
4. Orin tells his dead father that now that Ezra is gone, they can be what?
5. Where does Peter have to go in the third act of Play Three?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)