|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christine tells Hazel that she no longer believes in what?
2. What does Lavinia force Orin to say doesn't exist at the beginning of the third play?
3. Orin tells his dead father that now that Ezra is gone, they can be what?
4. What is the name of the ship officer that Orin accuses Lavinia of wanting on their trip East?
5. How many letters does Orin receive from Christine in the last six months of the war?
6. Orin says killing Brant is almost like ___________.
(a) Making love.
(b) Finding freedom.
(c) Committing suicide.
(d) Killing his father.
7. What does Orin tell Lavinia he is doing, locked in the dark study by himself in the third play?
(a) Reading law books.
(b) Writing a confession.
(c) Writing her a love poem.
(d) Communing with ghosts.
8. What does Lavinia place over the heart of her father's dead body in Act Three of the second play?
(a) Christine's pillbox.
(b) A vial of her blood.
(c) Ezra's gun.
(d) A lock of her hair.
9. Lavinia tells Christine that killing Brant is what?
10. Brant says the sea hates what?
(a) A lover.
(b) A liar.
(c) A coward.
(d) A murderer.
11. What does Christine tell Orin that Captain Brant is after?
(a) Christine's heart.
(b) Lavinia's heart.
(c) Ezra's money.
12. What does Orin give to Hazel for safe keeping?
(a) Ezra's medals.
(b) His watch.
(c) Christine's ring.
(d) His manuscript.
13. Who does Christine call out to protect Adam Brant at the end of Play Two, Act Three?
14. Orin tells a shocked Lavinia that she must learn to _________ death.
15. Orin angrily tells Lavinia, in the last play, that they have no right to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Looking down on the action of Play Two, Act Two is a portrait of a soldier from ____________ army.
2. Who does Lavinia send to get Doctor Blake, after Christine kills herself?
3. Who is Lavinia calling away to help in Play Three, Act Three?
4. How does Christine kill herself?
5. Lavinia tells the portraits in the sitting room, in the last play, that she does her ______ to them.
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)