|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orin give to Hazel for safe keeping?
(a) His watch.
(b) Christine's ring.
(c) His manuscript.
(d) Ezra's medals.
2. What does Orin tell Lavinia killing in the war is like?
(a) Killing his soul.
(b) Killing the same man twice.
(c) Finding freedom.
(d) Making love.
3. What is the name of the islander that Orin taunts Christine about?
4. Orin tells Lavinia, in the last play, that he is drawn to Hazel's what?
5. Lavinia tells Christine that killing Brant is what?
6. Orin says killing Brant is almost like ___________.
(a) Committing suicide.
(b) Making love.
(c) Finding freedom.
(d) Killing his father.
7. What does Orin call Lavinia in Act Two of Play Three?
8. Who does Abner Small say haunts the Mannon house?
9. Orin tells his dead father that now that Ezra is gone, they can be what?
10. Where do Orin and Lavinia go instead of visiting their cousins?
(b) New York.
(d) The islands.
11. Christine tells Hazel that she no longer believes in what?
12. How does Christine kill herself?
(c) Ezra's pistol.
(d) Brant's pistol.
13. Christine tells Orin that Lavinia becomes _________ since he is gone.
14. Lavinia threatens to do what if Orin doesn't listen to what she has to say about Christine and their father's death?
(a) Kill Christine.
(b) Go to the police.
(c) Go to Brant.
(d) Kill herself.
15. Who brings Hazel a note from Christine, asking her to come to the Mannon house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Christine call out to protect Adam Brant at the end of Play Two, Act Three?
2. What is Orin carrying, when he and Lavinia return to the house in Act Five of the second play?
3. What does Lavinia wish Orin has the courage to do at the beginning of Play Three, Act Three?
4. How long does Abner Small have to stay in the Mannon house to win the bet?
5. Where are Christine and Brant talking while Lavinia and Orin listen in?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)