|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lavinia have to promise to do in order for Orin not to confess all they do?
(a) To marry Peter.
(b) To leave the house.
(c) Anything he wants.
(d) To bless his marriage to Hazel.
2. What is the setting of the second act of Play Two?
(a) The wharf.
(b) The front of the Mannon house.
(c) Ezra's study.
(d) The Mannon sitting-room.
3. What is Orin carrying, when he and Lavinia return to the house in Act Five of the second play?
(a) A rose.
(b) A gun.
(c) A letter.
(d) A newspaper.
4. Lavinia tells Orin that their mother's suicide is an act of what?
5. What is the name of the ship officer that Orin accuses Lavinia of wanting on their trip East?
6. Lavinia tells Orin that Ezra says Orin does one of the _________ things he sees in the war.
7. What does Seth bet Abner to stay the night in the Mannon house?
(a) Ten dollars and a jug of liquor.
(b) A million dollars.
(c) The town.
(d) A jug of rum.
8. Orin tells a shocked Lavinia that she must learn to _________ death.
9. Where do Orin and Lavinia go instead of visiting their cousins?
(b) New York.
(d) The islands.
10. What does Hazel give to Orin to help make him comfortable, as he settles into being back home?
(b) Sleeping pills.
(c) A clean bandage for his head.
(d) A pillow for his back.
11. What is the name of the man that Christine convinces Orin she meets in New York, rather than Brant?
(a) Mr. Lamar.
(b) Mr. Long.
(c) Mr. Hamel.
(d) Mr. Jones.
12. What does Brant give up to runaway with Christine?
(a) His dignity.
(b) His fortune.
(c) His family.
(d) His ship.
13. How does Christine kill herself?
(a) Ezra's pistol.
(b) Brant's pistol.
14. Hazel and Peter get a telegram from Lavinia and Orin, sent from where?
(a) The islands.
(d) New York.
15. What is Orin and Christine's secret password from Orin's childhood?
(a) Baby boy.
(c) No Lavinia's Allowed.
(d) No Mannon's Allowed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orin tells Christine at the end of the Play Two, Act Three that she is his what?
2. What song is the chantyman singing at the beginning of Play Two, Act Four?
3. Seth tells Peter and Hazel that the Mannon house is built with what?
4. Orin tells Lavinia in the third act of Play Two that he never forgets what?
5. Orin tells Lavinia, in the last play, that he is drawn to Hazel's what?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)