|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship officer that Orin accuses Lavinia of wanting on their trip East?
2. What is the name of the man that Christine convinces Orin she meets in New York, rather than Brant?
(a) Mr. Long.
(b) Mr. Hamel.
(c) Mr. Jones.
(d) Mr. Lamar.
3. What color dress is Lavinia wearing in the first act of Play Three?
4. Lavinia tells Orin that Ezra says Orin does one of the _________ things he sees in the war.
5. Seth tells Hazel he lets Abner Small in the house to stop the __________.
6. Christine tells Hazel that she no longer believes in what?
7. What does Brant give up to runaway with Christine?
(a) His fortune.
(b) His family.
(c) His ship.
(d) His dignity.
8. What does Orin muse helps women to understand the brutality of war?
(a) Trading places with the men on the front for a month.
(b) Taking a trip to the deserted battlefields.
(c) Listening to men's war stories.
(d) Being nurses.
9. What is the name of the cousins Lavinia and Orin are supposed to be visiting?
10. Where do Orin and Lavinia go instead of visiting their cousins?
(a) New York.
(b) The islands.
11. Where does Christine tell Brant it looks like she goes if they sail away together?
(a) Visiting friends.
(c) New York.
(d) A voyage of grief.
12. What does Lavinia have to promise to do in order for Orin not to confess all they do?
(a) To bless his marriage to Hazel.
(b) To marry Peter.
(c) To leave the house.
(d) Anything he wants.
13. Orin tells Lavinia in the third act of Play Two that he never forgets what?
(a) The war.
(b) Christine's hair.
(c) Hazel's love.
(d) The past.
14. Who does Lavinia tell Orin forgets them at the end of the first scene in Play Three, Act One?
(a) Hazel and Peter.
(b) The dead.
(c) Brant and Christine.
15. Who is Orin speaking to in the beginning of Play Three, Act Two?
(a) Christine's ghost.
(b) Ezra's portrait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orin call Lavinia in Act Two of Play Three?
2. Who does Orin think is waiting for him in the study, when he returns from his long trip with Lavinia?
3. What is the name of the islander that Orin taunts Christine about?
4. Who does Abner Small say haunts the Mannon house?
5. What is Orin carrying, when he and Lavinia return to the house in Act Five of the second play?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)