|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house does Ira Mackel say is haunted?
(a) Asa Nims.
(b) Abner Small.
(c) Amos Ames.
(d) Everett Hills.
2. Who is Orin speaking to in the beginning of Play Three, Act Two?
(a) Ezra's portrait.
(c) Christine's ghost.
3. Who does Lavinia send to get Doctor Blake, after Christine kills herself?
4. Orin tells Christine at the end of the Play Two, Act Three that she is his what?
(a) Lost island.
(b) Blessed island.
5. What is the name of the cousins Lavinia and Orin are supposed to be visiting?
6. Seth tells Peter and Hazel that the Mannon house is built with what?
7. What is the last word that Christine says before killing herself?
8. Hazel and Peter get a telegram from Lavinia and Orin, sent from where?
(a) New York.
(d) The islands.
9. How long is it before Brant's ship is due to sail from Boston again?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Two days.
(d) Six months.
10. Christine tells Hazel that she no longer believes in what?
11. How much time passes by the beginning of the third play?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two days.
12. Lavinia tells Christine that killing Brant is what?
13. What does Orin tell his mother that Brant does to her to get her to murder Ezra?
14. What does Orin tell Lavinia killing in the war is like?
(a) Killing the same man twice.
(b) Finding freedom.
(c) Making love.
(d) Killing his soul.
15. What is Orin and Christine's secret password from Orin's childhood?
(a) Baby boy.
(b) No Mannon's Allowed.
(d) No Lavinia's Allowed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hazel give to Orin to help make him comfortable, as he settles into being back home?
2. What does Seth bet Abner to stay the night in the Mannon house?
3. Who does Orin think is waiting for him in the study, when he returns from his long trip with Lavinia?
4. Who does Christine tell Orin that she is jealous of?
5. Where does Christine tell Brant it looks like she goes if they sail away together?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)