|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Orin speaking to in the beginning of Play Three, Act Two?
(c) Ezra's portrait.
(d) Christine's ghost.
2. What is Orin carrying, when he and Lavinia return to the house in Act Five of the second play?
(a) A gun.
(b) A letter.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A rose.
3. Where do Brant and Christine plan to sail to on the ship Atlantis?
(b) South Seas.
4. Orin says killing Brant is almost like ___________.
(a) Killing his father.
(b) Making love.
(c) Committing suicide.
(d) Finding freedom.
5. How many letters does Orin receive from Christine in the last six months of the war?
6. How long is it before Brant's ship is due to sail from Boston again?
(a) Two days.
(b) One month.
(c) Six months.
(d) One week.
7. What does Lavinia force Orin to say doesn't exist at the beginning of the third play?
8. Christine tells Orin that Lavinia becomes _________ since he is gone.
9. The stage directions describe Ezra's dead face as looking like __________.
(b) A monster.
(c) A statue.
10. What does Orin tell Lavinia killing in the war is like?
(a) Making love.
(b) Killing the same man twice.
(c) Finding freedom.
(d) Killing his soul.
11. What does Christine tell Orin that Captain Brant is after?
(b) Ezra's money.
(c) Christine's heart.
(d) Lavinia's heart.
12. Orin tells Christine about a book he reads during the war that tells him all about what?
(a) The islands.
13. Who does Orin think is waiting for him in the study, when he returns from his long trip with Lavinia?
14. Lavinia tells Orin that Ezra says Orin does one of the _________ things he sees in the war.
15. What does Orin muse helps women to understand the brutality of war?
(a) Listening to men's war stories.
(b) Trading places with the men on the front for a month.
(c) Being nurses.
(d) Taking a trip to the deserted battlefields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orin tells a shocked Lavinia that she must learn to _________ death.
2. What does Brant learn from the drunk shantyman on the wharf?
3. Lavinia tells the portraits in the sitting room, in the last play, that she does her ______ to them.
4. What does Orin give to Hazel for safe keeping?
5. Where does Christine tell Brant it looks like she goes if they sail away together?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)