|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Christine tell Orin that she is jealous of?
2. How long is it before Brant's ship is due to sail from Boston again?
(a) Six months.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) Two days.
3. Orin tells Lavinia in the third act of Play Two that he never forgets what?
(a) Hazel's love.
(b) The war.
(c) The past.
(d) Christine's hair.
4. Lavinia tells Orin that Ezra says Orin does one of the _________ things he sees in the war.
5. What does Christine tell Orin that Captain Brant is after?
(a) Ezra's money.
(b) Christine's heart.
(d) Lavinia's heart.
6. How long does Abner Small have to stay in the Mannon house to win the bet?
(a) Until midnight.
(b) Until noon.
(c) Until sunrise.
(d) Until moonrise.
7. Christine tells Orin that Lavinia becomes _________ since he is gone.
8. What does Lavinia place over the heart of her father's dead body in Act Three of the second play?
(a) A vial of her blood.
(b) Christine's pillbox.
(c) A lock of her hair.
(d) Ezra's gun.
9. Who does Lavinia send to get Doctor Blake, after Christine kills herself?
10. Orin angrily tells Lavinia, in the last play, that they have no right to what?
11. What is the name of the man that Christine convinces Orin she meets in New York, rather than Brant?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Mr. Hamel.
(c) Mr. Long.
(d) Mr. Lamar.
12. What song is the chantyman singing at the beginning of Play Two, Act Four?
(a) Moon River.
(b) Amazing Grace.
(c) Swing Low.
13. What does Orin give to Hazel for safe keeping?
(a) His manuscript.
(b) Christine's ring.
(c) Ezra's medals.
(d) His watch.
14. What does Lavinia wish Orin has the courage to do at the beginning of Play Three, Act Three?
(a) Leave the house.
(b) Marry Hazel.
(c) Forget Christine.
(d) Kill himself.
15. How many letters does Orin receive from Christine in the last six months of the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes by the beginning of the third play?
2. Where are Christine and Brant talking while Lavinia and Orin listen in?
3. Where do Brant and Christine plan to sail to on the ship Atlantis?
4. Who is Lavinia calling away to help in Play Three, Act Three?
5. What does Lavinia force Orin to say doesn't exist at the beginning of the third play?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)