|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orin tells Christine about a book he reads during the war that tells him all about what?
(b) The islands.
2. Orin tells a shocked Lavinia that she must learn to _________ death.
3. What does Orin tell Lavinia he is doing, locked in the dark study by himself in the third play?
(a) Reading law books.
(b) Writing a confession.
(c) Writing her a love poem.
(d) Communing with ghosts.
4. Where does Orin tell Christine they can go now that Brant is dead?
(b) Blessed islands.
(c) South Seas.
5. What is Orin and Christine's secret password from Orin's childhood?
(a) No Mannon's Allowed.
(b) Baby boy.
(d) No Lavinia's Allowed.
6. What is the last word that Christine says before killing herself?
7. Who does Lavinia tell Orin forgets them at the end of the first scene in Play Three, Act One?
(a) The dead.
(b) Hazel and Peter.
(c) Brant and Christine.
8. What is the setting of the second act of Play Two?
(a) The front of the Mannon house.
(b) The wharf.
(c) Ezra's study.
(d) The Mannon sitting-room.
9. Where does Peter have to go in the third act of Play Three?
(a) Doctor's office.
(d) Council meeting.
10. What does Lavinia show Orin as proof that Christine is a murderer?
(a) The gun.
(b) A love letter from Brant.
(c) The pillbox.
(d) Christine's signed confession.
11. What does Lavinia place over the heart of her father's dead body in Act Three of the second play?
(a) A lock of her hair.
(b) A vial of her blood.
(c) Ezra's gun.
(d) Christine's pillbox.
12. Why does Brant have a pistol out as he tells the drunk shantyman on the wharf to show himself?
(a) There are mutiny on his ship.
(b) There are robberies in port.
(c) He is afraid of Orin.
(d) He thinks it's a ghost.
13. Who is Orin speaking to in the beginning of Play Three, Act Two?
(c) Ezra's portrait.
(d) Christine's ghost.
14. Lavinia tells Orin that Ezra says Orin does one of the _________ things he sees in the war.
15. Who does Orin think is waiting for him in the study, when he returns from his long trip with Lavinia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Orin carrying, when he and Lavinia return to the house in Act Five of the second play?
2. What does Seth bet Abner to stay the night in the Mannon house?
3. Where do Brant and Christine plan to sail to on the ship Atlantis?
4. What is the name of the man that Christine convinces Orin she meets in New York, rather than Brant?
5. How does Orin kill himself?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)