|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lavinia force Orin to say doesn't exist at the beginning of the third play?
2. What does Orin tell his mother that Brant does to her to get her to murder Ezra?
3. What does Orin tell Lavinia he is doing, locked in the dark study by himself in the third play?
(a) Reading law books.
(b) Writing her a love poem.
(c) Communing with ghosts.
(d) Writing a confession.
4. What does Lavinia have to promise to do in order for Orin not to confess all they do?
(a) To marry Peter.
(b) Anything he wants.
(c) To bless his marriage to Hazel.
(d) To leave the house.
5. Who does Christine call out to protect Adam Brant at the end of Play Two, Act Three?
6. How many letters does Orin receive from Christine in the last six months of the war?
7. Christine tells Orin that Lavinia becomes _________ since he is gone.
8. What song is the chantyman singing at the beginning of Play Two, Act Four?
(b) Swing Low.
(c) Amazing Grace.
(d) Moon River.
9. Who does Abner Small say haunts the Mannon house?
10. Lavinia tells the portraits in the sitting room, in the last play, that she does her ______ to them.
11. What does Lavinia wish Orin has the courage to do at the beginning of Play Three, Act Three?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Forget Christine.
(c) Marry Hazel.
(d) Leave the house.
12. Lavinia tells Christine that killing Brant is what?
13. Where are Christine and Brant talking while Lavinia and Orin listen in?
(a) The wharf.
(b) The deck.
(c) The warehouse.
(d) Brant's cabin.
14. Who does Lavinia tell Orin forgets them at the end of the first scene in Play Three, Act One?
(b) Brant and Christine.
(c) The dead.
(d) Hazel and Peter.
15. Where do Orin and Lavinia go instead of visiting their cousins?
(c) New York.
(d) The islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orin says killing Brant is almost like ___________.
2. Who brings Hazel a note from Christine, asking her to come to the Mannon house?
3. Whose house does Ira Mackel say is haunted?
4. Seth tells Peter and Hazel that the Mannon house is built with what?
5. What is the name of the ship officer that Orin accuses Lavinia of wanting on their trip East?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)