|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man that Christine convinces Orin she meets in New York, rather than Brant?
(a) Mr. Long.
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Mr. Hamel.
(d) Mr. Lamar.
2. Where does Orin kill Brant?
(a) In Brant's cabin.
(b) The wharf.
(c) The warehouse.
(d) On the deck of the ship.
3. Where does Christine kill herself?
(a) Ezra's study.
(b) The Mannon garden.
(c) The wharf.
(d) The Mannon sitting room.
4. Orin tells Christine at the end of the Play Two, Act Three that she is his what?
(b) Lost island.
(c) Blessed island.
5. Hazel and Peter get a telegram from Lavinia and Orin, sent from where?
(a) New York.
(b) The islands.
6. What is the last word that Christine says before killing herself?
7. What does Orin tell his mother that Brant does to her to get her to murder Ezra?
8. Who is Lavinia calling away to help in Play Three, Act Three?
(b) The cook.
(c) The doctor.
9. Brant says the sea hates what?
(a) A coward.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A lover.
(d) A liar.
10. Seth tells Peter and Hazel that the Mannon house is built with what?
11. What does Lavinia show Orin as proof that Christine is a murderer?
(a) The pillbox.
(b) Christine's signed confession.
(c) The gun.
(d) A love letter from Brant.
12. What does Lavinia place over the heart of her father's dead body in Act Three of the second play?
(a) Ezra's gun.
(b) Christine's pillbox.
(c) A vial of her blood.
(d) A lock of her hair.
13. How much time passes between Acts One and Two of Play Three?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
14. How does Orin kill himself?
(d) Ezra's gun.
15. What is the name of the ship officer that Orin accuses Lavinia of wanting on their trip East?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine tell Orin that Captain Brant is after?
2. Orin tells his mother that he feels the presence of __________ in the house.
3. Orin tells his dead father that now that Ezra is gone, they can be what?
4. Who is Orin speaking to in the beginning of Play Three, Act Two?
5. What does Lavinia force Orin to say doesn't exist at the beginning of the third play?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)