|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Orin kill Brant?
(a) The wharf.
(b) In Brant's cabin.
(c) On the deck of the ship.
(d) The warehouse.
2. Who is Lavinia calling away to help in Play Three, Act Three?
(a) The doctor.
(c) The cook.
3. Orin says killing Brant is almost like ___________.
(a) Finding freedom.
(b) Making love.
(c) Killing his father.
(d) Committing suicide.
4. Seth tells Peter and Hazel he doesn't stay the night in the Mannon house if they give him what?
(a) The house.
(b) A million dollars.
(c) A beautiful woman.
(d) The town.
5. Orin tells his mother that he feels the presence of __________ in the house.
6. What is the setting of the second act of Play Two?
(a) The wharf.
(b) The Mannon sitting-room.
(c) Ezra's study.
(d) The front of the Mannon house.
7. What is the name of the cousins Lavinia and Orin are supposed to be visiting?
8. How many letters does Orin receive from Christine in the last six months of the war?
9. Who does Abner Small say haunts the Mannon house?
10. Why does Brant have a pistol out as he tells the drunk shantyman on the wharf to show himself?
(a) There are mutiny on his ship.
(b) He thinks it's a ghost.
(c) There are robberies in port.
(d) He is afraid of Orin.
11. Where does Peter have to go in the third act of Play Three?
(b) Doctor's office.
(d) Council meeting.
12. Lavinia tells Christine that killing Brant is what?
13. What is Orin and Christine's secret password from Orin's childhood?
(a) No Lavinia's Allowed.
(b) Baby boy.
(c) No Mannon's Allowed.
14. What does Brant give up to runaway with Christine?
(a) His dignity.
(b) His family.
(c) His ship.
(d) His fortune.
15. Hazel and Peter get a telegram from Lavinia and Orin, sent from where?
(a) The islands.
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lavinia tell Orin forgets them at the end of the first scene in Play Three, Act One?
2. What does Brant learn from the drunk shantyman on the wharf?
3. Orin angrily tells Lavinia, in the last play, that they have no right to what?
4. Christine tells Hazel that she no longer believes in what?
5. What is the name of the man that Christine convinces Orin she meets in New York, rather than Brant?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)