|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orin tells Lavinia, in the last play, that he is drawn to Hazel's what?
2. Orin angrily tells Lavinia, in the last play, that they have no right to what?
3. What does Orin tell Christine is the difference in her appearance when he returns home?
(a) Older looking.
(b) Gray hair.
(c) More beautiful.
4. How many letters does Orin receive from Christine in the last six months of the war?
5. What does Orin muse helps women to understand the brutality of war?
(a) Taking a trip to the deserted battlefields.
(b) Being nurses.
(c) Listening to men's war stories.
(d) Trading places with the men on the front for a month.
6. What is Orin and Christine's secret password from Orin's childhood?
(a) Baby boy.
(c) No Mannon's Allowed.
(d) No Lavinia's Allowed.
7. What do Lavinia and Orin do after Brant is shot?
(a) Make it look like a robbery.
(b) Frame the shantyman.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Throw his body in the sea.
8. Where does Christine tell Brant it looks like she goes if they sail away together?
(a) New York.
(b) A voyage of grief.
(d) Visiting friends.
9. Why does Brant have a pistol out as he tells the drunk shantyman on the wharf to show himself?
(a) There are mutiny on his ship.
(b) He is afraid of Orin.
(c) He thinks it's a ghost.
(d) There are robberies in port.
10. Brant says the sea hates what?
(a) A liar.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A coward.
(d) A lover.
11. Where do Brant and Christine plan to sail to on the ship Atlantis?
(c) South Seas.
12. What is the name of the islander that Orin taunts Christine about?
13. What does Lavinia show Orin as proof that Christine is a murderer?
(a) The pillbox.
(b) The gun.
(c) Christine's signed confession.
(d) A love letter from Brant.
14. Lavinia threatens to do what if Orin doesn't listen to what she has to say about Christine and their father's death?
(a) Go to Brant.
(b) Go to the police.
(c) Kill Christine.
(d) Kill herself.
15. What does Orin tell his mother that Brant does to her to get her to murder Ezra?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lavinia wish Orin has the courage to do at the beginning of Play Three, Act Three?
2. What does Hazel give to Orin to help make him comfortable, as he settles into being back home?
3. How does Christine kill herself?
4. Seth tells Hazel he lets Abner Small in the house to stop the __________.
5. Orin tells Christine at the end of the Play Two, Act Three that she is his what?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)