|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the islander that Orin taunts Christine about?
2. Orin tells his mother that he feels the presence of __________ in the house.
3. What does Brant learn from the drunk shantyman on the wharf?
(a) Orin is home from war.
(b) The Mannons are broke.
(c) Ezra is dead.
(d) Christine is coming.
4. Hazel and Peter get a telegram from Lavinia and Orin, sent from where?
(a) The islands.
(c) New York.
5. How long is it before Brant's ship is due to sail from Boston again?
(a) One month.
(b) Two days.
(c) Six months.
(d) One week.
6. What does Orin tell Lavinia he is doing, locked in the dark study by himself in the third play?
(a) Reading law books.
(b) Writing her a love poem.
(c) Communing with ghosts.
(d) Writing a confession.
7. Brant says the sea hates what?
(a) A coward.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A liar.
(d) A lover.
8. Who does Christine tell Orin that she is jealous of?
9. What is the name of the cousins Lavinia and Orin are supposed to be visiting?
10. Seth tells Peter and Hazel that the Mannon house is built with what?
11. Lavinia tells Orin that their mother's suicide is an act of what?
12. What does Lavinia have to promise to do in order for Orin not to confess all they do?
(a) To bless his marriage to Hazel.
(b) To leave the house.
(c) To marry Peter.
(d) Anything he wants.
13. What does Orin muse helps women to understand the brutality of war?
(a) Being nurses.
(b) Trading places with the men on the front for a month.
(c) Taking a trip to the deserted battlefields.
(d) Listening to men's war stories.
14. What is the name of the ship officer that Orin accuses Lavinia of wanting on their trip East?
15. Why does Brant have a pistol out as he tells the drunk shantyman on the wharf to show himself?
(a) He thinks it's a ghost.
(b) There are mutiny on his ship.
(c) There are robberies in port.
(d) He is afraid of Orin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hazel give to Orin to help make him comfortable, as he settles into being back home?
2. What is Orin and Christine's secret password from Orin's childhood?
3. Christine tells Orin that Lavinia becomes _________ since he is gone.
4. How much time passes between Acts One and Two of Play Three?
5. The stage directions describe Ezra's dead face as looking like __________.
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)