|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings Hazel a note from Christine, asking her to come to the Mannon house?
2. What does Seth bet Abner to stay the night in the Mannon house?
(a) A million dollars.
(b) Ten dollars and a jug of liquor.
(c) The town.
(d) A jug of rum.
3. Where does Christine kill herself?
(a) The wharf.
(b) The Mannon garden.
(c) The Mannon sitting room.
(d) Ezra's study.
4. What does Orin tell Lavinia killing in the war is like?
(a) Making love.
(b) Finding freedom.
(c) Killing the same man twice.
(d) Killing his soul.
5. How long is it before Brant's ship is due to sail from Boston again?
(a) Six months.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) Two days.
6. Lavinia threatens to do what if Orin doesn't listen to what she has to say about Christine and their father's death?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Kill Christine.
(c) Go to Brant.
(d) Go to the police.
7. Who is Orin speaking to in the beginning of Play Three, Act Two?
(c) Christine's ghost.
(d) Ezra's portrait.
8. Who does Christine tell Orin that she is jealous of?
9. How long does Abner Small have to stay in the Mannon house to win the bet?
(a) Until midnight.
(b) Until noon.
(c) Until moonrise.
(d) Until sunrise.
10. Seth tells Hazel he lets Abner Small in the house to stop the __________.
11. What does Lavinia place over the heart of her father's dead body in Act Three of the second play?
(a) Ezra's gun.
(b) Christine's pillbox.
(c) A lock of her hair.
(d) A vial of her blood.
12. How much time passes by the beginning of the third play?
(a) Three days.
(b) One month.
(c) Two days.
(d) One year.
13. What does Lavinia have to promise to do in order for Orin not to confess all they do?
(a) To leave the house.
(b) Anything he wants.
(c) To bless his marriage to Hazel.
(d) To marry Peter.
14. What is Orin and Christine's secret password from Orin's childhood?
(a) Baby boy.
(c) No Mannon's Allowed.
(d) No Lavinia's Allowed.
15. Hazel and Peter get a telegram from Lavinia and Orin, sent from where?
(c) New York.
(d) The islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Seth tells Peter and Hazel that the Mannon house is built with what?
2. How many letters does Orin receive from Christine in the last six months of the war?
3. What does Brant give up to runaway with Christine?
4. Lavinia tells Orin that their mother's suicide is an act of what?
5. What song is the chantyman singing at the beginning of Play Two, Act Four?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)