|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peter have to go in the third act of Play Three?
(b) Doctor's office.
(d) Council meeting.
2. What does Lavinia show Orin as proof that Christine is a murderer?
(a) A love letter from Brant.
(b) Christine's signed confession.
(c) The gun.
(d) The pillbox.
3. Where are Christine and Brant talking while Lavinia and Orin listen in?
(a) Brant's cabin.
(b) The deck.
(c) The warehouse.
(d) The wharf.
4. Brant says the sea hates what?
(a) A lover.
(b) A coward.
(c) A murderer.
(d) A liar.
5. Who does Lavinia tell Orin forgets them at the end of the first scene in Play Three, Act One?
(a) The dead.
(c) Brant and Christine.
(d) Hazel and Peter.
6. Hazel and Peter get a telegram from Lavinia and Orin, sent from where?
(a) New York.
(c) The islands.
7. Seth tells Peter and Hazel he doesn't stay the night in the Mannon house if they give him what?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(b) The town.
(c) The house.
(d) A million dollars.
8. How does Orin kill himself?
(b) Ezra's gun.
9. Looking down on the action of Play Two, Act Two is a portrait of a soldier from ____________ army.
(c) King George's.
10. What does Orin tell his mother that Brant does to her to get her to murder Ezra?
11. Orin says killing Brant is almost like ___________.
(a) Finding freedom.
(b) Killing his father.
(c) Making love.
(d) Committing suicide.
12. Who does Christine tell Orin that she is jealous of?
13. How long is it before Brant's ship is due to sail from Boston again?
(a) One month.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two days.
(d) One week.
14. Where does Orin kill Brant?
(a) The warehouse.
(b) The wharf.
(c) In Brant's cabin.
(d) On the deck of the ship.
15. Where does Christine tell Brant it looks like she goes if they sail away together?
(a) New York.
(c) A voyage of grief.
(d) Visiting friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lavinia tells Orin that Ezra says Orin does one of the _________ things he sees in the war.
2. Why does Brant have a pistol out as he tells the drunk shantyman on the wharf to show himself?
3. What does Hazel give to Orin to help make him comfortable, as he settles into being back home?
4. Where does Orin tell Christine they can go now that Brant is dead?
5. What is the name of the ship officer that Orin accuses Lavinia of wanting on their trip East?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)