|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Orin kill Brant?
(a) On the deck of the ship.
(b) The wharf.
(c) The warehouse.
(d) In Brant's cabin.
2. Where does Peter have to go in the third act of Play Three?
(b) Doctor's office.
(d) Council meeting.
3. How long does Abner Small have to stay in the Mannon house to win the bet?
(a) Until noon.
(b) Until moonrise.
(c) Until midnight.
(d) Until sunrise.
4. What is the name of the man that Christine convinces Orin she meets in New York, rather than Brant?
(a) Mr. Long.
(b) Mr. Hamel.
(c) Mr. Lamar.
(d) Mr. Jones.
5. What does Lavinia wish Orin has the courage to do at the beginning of Play Three, Act Three?
(a) Forget Christine.
(b) Leave the house.
(c) Marry Hazel.
(d) Kill himself.
6. Seth tells Hazel he lets Abner Small in the house to stop the __________.
7. Orin tells his mother that he feels the presence of __________ in the house.
8. What does Orin tell Christine is the difference in her appearance when he returns home?
(b) More beautiful.
(c) Gray hair.
(d) Older looking.
9. How much time passes between Acts One and Two of Play Three?
(a) Two days.
(b) One year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
10. Lavinia tells Orin that Ezra says Orin does one of the _________ things he sees in the war.
11. What does Orin muse helps women to understand the brutality of war?
(a) Taking a trip to the deserted battlefields.
(b) Trading places with the men on the front for a month.
(c) Listening to men's war stories.
(d) Being nurses.
12. Why does Brant have a pistol out as he tells the drunk shantyman on the wharf to show himself?
(a) There are mutiny on his ship.
(b) There are robberies in port.
(c) He is afraid of Orin.
(d) He thinks it's a ghost.
13. What is the name of the cousins Lavinia and Orin are supposed to be visiting?
14. What do Lavinia and Orin do after Brant is shot?
(a) Throw his body in the sea.
(b) Make it look like a robbery.
(c) Frame the shantyman.
(d) Call the police.
15. What does Lavinia force Orin to say doesn't exist at the beginning of the third play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is the chantyman singing at the beginning of Play Two, Act Four?
2. Looking down on the action of Play Two, Act Two is a portrait of a soldier from ____________ army.
3. What does Christine tell Orin that Captain Brant is after?
4. How does Orin kill himself?
5. How much time passes by the beginning of the third play?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)