|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Christine and Brant talking while Lavinia and Orin listen in?
(a) The deck.
(b) The wharf.
(c) Brant's cabin.
(d) The warehouse.
2. Who is Orin speaking to in the beginning of Play Three, Act Two?
(a) Christine's ghost.
(d) Ezra's portrait.
3. Where do Orin and Lavinia go instead of visiting their cousins?
(b) The islands.
(d) New York.
4. What is the name of the cousins Lavinia and Orin are supposed to be visiting?
5. What does Orin tell his mother that Brant does to her to get her to murder Ezra?
6. How does Orin kill himself?
(c) Ezra's gun.
7. Who does Lavinia tell Orin forgets them at the end of the first scene in Play Three, Act One?
(a) The dead.
(b) Hazel and Peter.
(c) Brant and Christine.
8. What is Orin and Christine's secret password from Orin's childhood?
(a) No Mannon's Allowed.
(b) No Lavinia's Allowed.
(c) Baby boy.
9. What does Orin say, in the last play, that Lavinia steals from their mother?
(a) Her colors.
(d) Her beauty.
10. What does Orin muse helps women to understand the brutality of war?
(a) Trading places with the men on the front for a month.
(b) Listening to men's war stories.
(c) Taking a trip to the deserted battlefields.
(d) Being nurses.
11. What color dress is Lavinia wearing in the first act of Play Three?
12. Orin says killing Brant is almost like ___________.
(a) Committing suicide.
(b) Killing his father.
(c) Finding freedom.
(d) Making love.
13. Where does Christine tell Brant it looks like she goes if they sail away together?
(a) A voyage of grief.
(b) Visiting friends.
(d) New York.
14. What does Brant give up to runaway with Christine?
(a) His ship.
(b) His family.
(c) His dignity.
(d) His fortune.
15. Seth tells Hazel he lets Abner Small in the house to stop the __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brant have a pistol out as he tells the drunk shantyman on the wharf to show himself?
2. Lavinia tells Orin that their mother's suicide is an act of what?
3. What does Lavinia force Orin to say doesn't exist at the beginning of the third play?
4. What is the name of the ship officer that Orin accuses Lavinia of wanting on their trip East?
5. Orin tells Christine at the end of the Play Two, Act Three that she is his what?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)