|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orin give to Hazel for safe keeping?
(a) Ezra's medals.
(b) His manuscript.
(c) His watch.
(d) Christine's ring.
2. What is the name of the man that Christine convinces Orin she meets in New York, rather than Brant?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Mr. Long.
(c) Mr. Lamar.
(d) Mr. Hamel.
3. Lavinia threatens to do what if Orin doesn't listen to what she has to say about Christine and their father's death?
(a) Go to Brant.
(b) Go to the police.
(c) Kill Christine.
(d) Kill herself.
4. What is the name of the islander that Orin taunts Christine about?
5. Who does Lavinia send to get Doctor Blake, after Christine kills herself?
6. What song is the chantyman singing at the beginning of Play Two, Act Four?
(a) Amazing Grace.
(b) Moon River.
(c) Swing Low.
7. Where does Christine tell Brant it looks like she goes if they sail away together?
(b) Visiting friends.
(c) A voyage of grief.
(d) New York.
8. Lavinia tells Orin that Ezra says Orin does one of the _________ things he sees in the war.
9. Orin says killing Brant is almost like ___________.
(a) Making love.
(b) Killing his father.
(c) Committing suicide.
(d) Finding freedom.
10. What does Brant learn from the drunk shantyman on the wharf?
(a) Orin is home from war.
(b) Christine is coming.
(c) Ezra is dead.
(d) The Mannons are broke.
11. Orin tells Lavinia, in the last play, that he is drawn to Hazel's what?
12. Where do Orin and Lavinia go instead of visiting their cousins?
(a) New York.
(b) The islands.
13. Christine tells Hazel that she no longer believes in what?
14. How much time passes between Acts One and Two of Play Three?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
15. Who is Lavinia calling away to help in Play Three, Act Three?
(b) The cook.
(d) The doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Orin speaking to in the beginning of Play Three, Act Two?
2. Orin tells his mother that he feels the presence of __________ in the house.
3. Orin angrily tells Lavinia, in the last play, that they have no right to what?
4. Orin tells Christine about a book he reads during the war that tells him all about what?
5. What do Lavinia and Orin do after Brant is shot?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)