|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Borden say she can't abide?
2. What color dress is Lavinia wearing the night her father returns?
3. What does the Mannon house remind Orin of when he sees it for the first time after the war?
4. What is the setting of Play One, Act Four?
(a) Ezra's study.
(b) Ezra's bedroom.
(c) The Mannon sitting room.
(d) Outside the Mannon house.
5. What does the doctor call Ezra's heart condition?
(c) Bad luck.
6. Who is waiting with Christine to see Orin return from the train station?
7. How many days is it since Ezra's death at the beginning of the second play?
8. Who does Ezra call out for as he is dying?
9. What is the name of the main character speaking in the first scene of Homecoming?
10. Captain Brant tells Lavinia that the color of her hair reminds him of whom?
(a) Her father.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
11. Ezra tells Christine there is always ___________ between them.
(a) A daughter.
(b) An agreement.
(c) A wall.
(d) A great love.
12. Who does Lavinia say that Captain Brant is using for revenge?
(c) Her mother.
13. What color dress is Christine wearing in Act Three of the first play?
14. Which of the following Greek dramas is NOT source material for Mourning Becomes Electra?
(a) The Orestia.
(b) Oedipus the King.
(c) Electra by Euripides.
(d) Electra by Sophocles.
15. What does Lavinia accuse Christine of stealing from her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Christine convinces Brant to get a drug to help kill Ezra from where?
2. What does Captain Brant tell Lavinia happens to his father?
3. What is Orin wearing on his head when he returns from war?
4. What does Mrs. Hills say kills Ezra?
5. Who does Christine say she is visiting on her trips to New York?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)