|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christine tells Hazel that life twists people's feeling for each other until they do what to each other?
2. What does Christine accuse Lavinia of at the end of the first act of the second play?
(a) Gossiping about her.
(b) Following her everywhere.
3. Orin tells Lavinia that Ezra and the war teaches him what?
(a) To be brave.
(b) To runaway.
(c) To love Christine.
(d) To ignore death.
4. Who does Seth want to tell Lavinia about when he sees her in the first scene of Homecoming?
(b) Captain Brant.
5. Where is Orin wounded in the war?
(a) His head.
(b) His chest.
(c) His arm.
(d) His leg.
6. What is Amos Ames' trade?
7. What does Christine call Orin when she first sees him on the day he returns from the war?
(a) Her man.
(d) My baby.
8. What is Orin's military rank?
9. Ezra tells Christine there is always ___________ between them.
(a) A great love.
(b) An agreement.
(c) A daughter.
(d) A wall.
10. Christine convinces Brant to get a drug to help kill Ezra from where?
(a) New York.
11. What song is being sung as the play opens?
(a) Swing low.
(b) Amazing Grace.
12. Who does Mrs. Borden say she can't abide?
13. What is Brant's mother's position in the Mannon household?
14. Ezra Mannon is dressed like a __________ in the portrait that hangs in his study.
(a) A sailor.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A Greek god.
(d) A judge.
15. What does the old gardener call Lavinia?
(c) The princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain Brant speaks to Lavinia at some length about his love of _______.
2. How old is Captain Brant?
3. What is the name of the main character speaking in the first scene of Homecoming?
4. How does Brant want to kill Ezra?
5. What does Ezra tell Christine that house and his bed are waiting for?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)