|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Captain Brant tell Lavinia happens to his father?
(a) Dies of a broken heart.
(b) Commits suicide.
(c) Dies in battle.
(d) Dies in a duel.
2. What does the doctor call Ezra's heart condition?
(c) Bad luck.
3. Christine tells Lavinia she believes the war is over when she hears what?
(a) Her husband's voice.
(b) Lincoln's address.
(c) News from the corner.
(d) Gun salute from the fort.
4. Captain Brant tells Lavinia that the color of her hair reminds him of whom?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Her father.
(d) His grandmother.
5. What color dress is Christine wearing in Act Three of the first play?
6. How long are Ezra and Christine married?
(a) 23 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 16 years.
(d) 27 years.
7. What does the old gardener call Lavinia?
(b) The princess.
8. What does Lavinia tell Peter she hates in the first scene of the play?
9. Christine tells Hazel that life twists people's feeling for each other until they do what to each other?
10. What is the name of Louisa Ames' cousin?
11. What happens to Christine at the end of Play One, Act Four?
(a) She faints.
(b) She dies.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She is triumphant.
12. What does Lavinia accuse Christine of stealing from her?
13. Lavinia always reminds her mother of what?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her lost youth.
(d) Her honeymoon.
14. Lavinia writes her father a letter about whom?
15. Who is drunk in the third act of the first play?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Seth, who throws David Mannon out of the house?
2. How does Orin learn about Captain Brant?
3. Ezra tells Christine he can't talk to her with her ______________.
4. What is the setting of the Act Three of Homecoming?
5. Who does Christine compare the Mannon house to?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)