|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years is Seth with the Mannon family?
2. Captain Brant tells Lavinia that the color of her hair reminds him of whom?
(a) His father.
(b) Her father.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
3. Lavinia thinks of Peter as a _________.
4. Christine tells Hazel that life twists people's feeling for each other until they do what to each other?
5. Where does Ezra die?
(a) The front porch.
(b) His study.
(c) His bed.
(d) Christine's arms.
6. What color dress is Christine wearing in Act Three of the first play?
7. Ezra tells Christine that the war makes him look at ________ differently.
8. What does the Mannon house remind Orin of when he sees it for the first time after the war?
9. Ezra is a highly regarded ___________ of the town.
10. How does Orin learn about Captain Brant?
(a) Lavinia's letters.
(b) Meeting him New York.
(c) Christine's letters.
(d) His grandfather.
11. Who does Lavinia say that Captain Brant is using for revenge?
(c) Her mother.
12. Lavinia tells Peter she can't marry him because _________ needs her.
13. What does Lavinia accuse Christine of stealing from her?
14. What happens to Christine at the end of Play One, Act Four?
(a) She dies.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She is triumphant.
(d) She faints.
15. Which of the following Greek dramas is NOT source material for Mourning Becomes Electra?
(a) The Orestia.
(b) Electra by Euripides.
(c) Oedipus the King.
(d) Electra by Sophocles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christine tells Lavinia she believes the war is over when she hears what?
2. Ezra tells Orin that his heart condition is what?
3. How old is Captain Brant?
4. What is Brant's mother's position in the Mannon household?
5. What does Christine tell Brant he does with her share of the Mannon estate?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)