|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following Greek dramas is NOT source material for Mourning Becomes Electra?
(a) The Orestia.
(b) Electra by Euripides.
(c) Electra by Sophocles.
(d) Oedipus the King.
2. What does Captain Brant call all Mannons?
3. Where is Orin wounded in the war?
(a) His head.
(b) His leg.
(c) His chest.
(d) His arm.
4. Ezra tells Orin that his heart condition is what?
(d) Not serious.
5. How many days is it since Ezra's death at the beginning of the second play?
6. What does Christine go into her room to get when Ezra becomes ill?
(a) A candle.
(b) Her robe.
(c) A pill box.
(d) A Bible.
7. What does Lavinia accuse Christine of stealing from her?
8. Who is Everett Hills?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The minister.
(d) The carpenter.
9. Who is waiting with Christine to see Orin return from the train station?
10. What does the doctor call Ezra's heart condition?
(b) Bad luck.
11. How does Orin learn about Captain Brant?
(a) Lavinia's letters.
(b) Meeting him New York.
(c) Christine's letters.
(d) His grandfather.
12. What does Christine hide behind her back as Ezra is dying?
(a) A pillbox.
(b) A letter.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
13. Ezra is a highly regarded ___________ of the town.
14. Where is Christine originally from?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
15. Captain Brant speaks to Lavinia at some length about his love of _______.
(d) New England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is the first production of Mourning Becomes Electra?
2. Lavinia writes her father a letter about whom?
3. According to Seth, who throws David Mannon out of the house?
4. How old is Captain Brant?
5. Where is the Mannon house located?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)