|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Captain Brant tells Lavinia that the color of her hair reminds him of whom?
(a) His mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His father.
2. Where does Ezra die?
(a) The front porch.
(b) Christine's arms.
(c) His study.
(d) His bed.
3. What is Brant's mother's position in the Mannon household?
4. Who does Lavinia vow to punish at the end of the first play?
5. Who goes to the train station with Lavinia to meet Orin?
6. Christine and Brant plot to make Ezra's death look like a ___________.
(c) Heart attack.
7. What is the name of Louisa Ames' cousin?
8. What is the setting of Play One, Act Four?
(a) Outside the Mannon house.
(b) Ezra's study.
(c) The Mannon sitting room.
(d) Ezra's bedroom.
9. Who are the members of the "chorus" in the first scene of the play?
(d) Greek goddesses.
10. Christine tells Hazel that life twists people's feeling for each other until they do what to each other?
11. What year is the first production of Mourning Becomes Electra?
12. Who does David Mannon marry?
(a) A New Yorker.
(b) An English heiress.
(c) A French maid.
(d) A French Canadian.
13. Who does Seth want to tell Lavinia about when he sees her in the first scene of Homecoming?
(a) Captain Brant.
14. Lavinia thinks of Peter as a _________.
15. Lavinia always reminds her mother of what?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her lost youth.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her honeymoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ezra tell Christine that house and his bed are waiting for?
2. What does Mrs. Hills say kills Ezra?
3. Christine convinces Brant to get a drug to help kill Ezra from where?
4. What is Orin's military rank?
5. Lavinia tells Peter she can't marry him because _________ needs her.
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)