|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to the train station with Lavinia to meet Orin?
2. What color dress is Lavinia wearing the night her father returns?
3. What happens to Christine at the end of Play One, Act Four?
(a) She is triumphant.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She faints.
(d) She dies.
4. Ezra tells Christine that the war makes him look at ________ differently.
5. How old is Captain Brant?
6. What year is the first production of Mourning Becomes Electra?
7. Who does Mrs. Borden say she can't abide?
8. Lavinia tells Seth in the first scene that Captain Brant is coming to the house that night to ___________.
(a) Court her.
(b) Drink with Seth.
(c) Borrow her father's maps.
(d) Meet her mother.
9. What year is Mourning Becomes Electra taking place?
10. Where is the Mannon house located?
(a) New York.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) North Carolina.
(d) New England.
11. What does Captain Brant tell Lavinia happens to his father?
(a) Commits suicide.
(b) Dies of a broken heart.
(c) Dies in a duel.
(d) Dies in battle.
12. Ezra Mannon is dressed like a __________ in the portrait that hangs in his study.
(a) A Greek god.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A judge.
(d) A sailor.
13. What does Mrs. Hills say kills Ezra?
14. What does Lavinia tell Peter she hates in the first scene of the play?
15. What do Christine and Brant hear at the end of Act Two of Homecoming?
(a) Lavinia's voice.
(b) The cannon at the fort.
(c) Ezra's voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Play One, Act Four?
2. Who does Orin equate the war to?
3. What does Lavinia accuse Christine of stealing from her?
4. How many days is it since Ezra's death at the beginning of the second play?
5. According to Seth, who throws David Mannon out of the house?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)