|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following Greek dramas is NOT source material for Mourning Becomes Electra?
(a) Electra by Euripides.
(b) Oedipus the King.
(c) Electra by Sophocles.
(d) The Orestia.
2. Ezra tells Orin that his heart condition is what?
(b) Not serious.
3. Peter thinks Captain Brant looks more like a ___________ than a ship captain.
4. What does the old gardener call Lavinia?
(a) The princess.
5. Who is Everett Hills?
(a) The minister.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The carpenter.
6. What color dress is Christine wearing in Act Three of the first play?
7. Where does Lavinia tell Seth she is at the beginning of Part Two in the first scene of Homecoming?
(b) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
8. Lavinia tells Peter she can't marry him because _________ needs her.
9. What year is the first production of Mourning Becomes Electra?
10. Captain Brant speaks to Lavinia at some length about his love of _______.
(b) New England.
11. Lavinia always reminds her mother of what?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her honeymoon.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her lost youth.
12. Who is drunk in the third act of the first play?
13. Who does Seth want to tell Lavinia about when he sees her in the first scene of Homecoming?
(c) Captain Brant.
14. What does Christine tell Brant he does with her share of the Mannon estate?
(a) Buy a ship.
(b) Become mayor.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Buy an island.
15. What is Amos Ames' trade?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Borden say she can't abide?
2. Who does Ezra call out for as he is dying?
3. Who jokes that Ezra probably dies from making love to Christine?
4. Who is Hazel hoping Lavinia hears from in the first act of the play?
5. What does Christine go into her room to get when Ezra becomes ill?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)