|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christine and Brant plot to make Ezra's death look like a ___________.
(b) Heart attack.
2. Captain Brant tells Lavinia that the color of her hair reminds him of whom?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) Her father.
(d) His father.
3. What does Christine call Orin when she first sees him on the day he returns from the war?
(c) My baby.
(d) Her man.
4. Who does David Mannon marry?
(a) A French maid.
(b) A French Canadian.
(c) An English heiress.
(d) A New Yorker.
5. What does the doctor call Ezra's heart condition?
(c) Bad luck.
6. Captain Brant speaks to Lavinia at some length about his love of _______.
(a) New England.
7. Where is Orin wounded in the war?
(a) His chest.
(b) His head.
(c) His leg.
(d) His arm.
8. What does Christine go into her room to get when Ezra becomes ill?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A candle.
(c) Her robe.
(d) A pill box.
9. What year is the first production of Mourning Becomes Electra?
10. Ezra accuses Christine of lying to him __________.
(a) About Brant.
(b) With her body.
(c) With her words.
(d) About Lavinia.
11. Who is the lover that Christine says Lavinia is waiting for in Play One, Act Three?
12. How old is Captain Brant?
13. Who does Ezra point an accusing finger at as he is dying?
14. What does Lavinia accuse Christine of stealing from her?
15. What color dress is Lavinia wearing the night her father returns?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Orin wearing on his head when he returns from war?
2. What does the Mannon house remind Orin of when he sees it for the first time after the war?
3. What song is being sung as the play opens?
4. Who does Orin resemble as he walks up the driveway as he returns from the war?
5. Who is Hazel hoping Lavinia hears from in the first act of the play?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)