|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christine call Orin when she first sees him on the day he returns from the war?
(a) Her man.
(d) My baby.
2. Lavinia thinks of Peter as a _________.
3. What color dress is Christine wearing in Act Three of the first play?
4. Where does Ezra die?
(a) The front porch.
(b) Christine's arms.
(c) His bed.
(d) His study.
5. Lavinia tells Seth in the first scene that Captain Brant is coming to the house that night to ___________.
(a) Meet her mother.
(b) Court her.
(c) Borrow her father's maps.
(d) Drink with Seth.
6. What is the setting of the Act Three of Homecoming?
(a) The Mannon sitting room.
(b) The harbor.
(c) Ezra's study.
(d) Outside the Mannon house.
7. Peter thinks Captain Brant looks more like a ___________ than a ship captain.
8. Who is Everett Hills?
(a) The minister.
(b) The carpenter.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The doctor.
9. What does Ezra tell Christine that house and his bed are waiting for?
(a) His death.
(b) Her love.
10. Where is Orin wounded in the war?
(a) His leg.
(b) His head.
(c) His chest.
(d) His arm.
11. Christine tells Lavinia she believes the war is over when she hears what?
(a) Gun salute from the fort.
(b) Lincoln's address.
(c) Her husband's voice.
(d) News from the corner.
12. Who does Lavinia say that Captain Brant is using for revenge?
(c) Her mother.
13. Who does Orin resemble as he walks up the driveway as he returns from the war?
14. What does Captain Brant call all Mannons?
15. Who is drunk in the third act of the first play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine tell Brant he does with her share of the Mannon estate?
2. What does Christine go into her room to get when Ezra becomes ill?
3. Where does Lavinia tell Seth she is at the beginning of Part Two in the first scene of Homecoming?
4. How does Brant want to kill Ezra?
5. How long are Ezra and Christine married?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)