|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lavinia tells Seth in the first scene that Captain Brant is coming to the house that night to ___________.
(a) Borrow her father's maps.
(b) Court her.
(c) Meet her mother.
(d) Drink with Seth.
2. What does Christine call Orin when she first sees him on the day he returns from the war?
(c) Her man.
(d) My baby.
3. Where does Lavinia tell Seth she is at the beginning of Part Two in the first scene of Homecoming?
(c) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
4. What year is the first production of Mourning Becomes Electra?
5. Christine tells Brant that she loves him because he resembles to who?
6. What is the setting of Play One, Act Four?
(a) Ezra's study.
(b) Outside the Mannon house.
(c) Ezra's bedroom.
(d) The Mannon sitting room.
7. Who is Hazel hoping Lavinia hears from in the first act of the play?
(c) Captain Niles.
(d) Captain Brant.
8. Ezra tells Christine that the war makes him look at ________ differently.
9. Who does Orin resemble as he walks up the driveway as he returns from the war?
10. Who does Lavinia say that Captain Brant is using for revenge?
(b) Her mother.
11. Who does David Mannon marry?
(a) A New Yorker.
(b) An English heiress.
(c) A French maid.
(d) A French Canadian.
12. Ezra tells Orin that his heart condition is what?
(a) Not serious.
13. What does the old gardener call Lavinia?
(b) The princess.
14. Christine tells Hazel that life twists people's feeling for each other until they do what to each other?
15. Peter thinks Captain Brant looks more like a ___________ than a ship captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years is Seth with the Mannon family?
2. Orin teases Lavinia when he returns from the war that she is still _____________.
3. As Captain Brant leaves for his ship, Christine promises him that she soon is what?
4. What does Christine hide behind her back as Ezra is dying?
5. Who does Peter hear rumors about Lavinia falling in love with?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)