Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Captain Brant says Lavinia looks exactly like who?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) His mother.
2. Who is Everett Hills?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The carpenter.
(d) The minister.
3. Who is drunk in the third act of the first play?
4. Who does Ezra point an accusing finger at as he is dying?
5. What does the Mannon house remind Orin of when he sees it for the first time after the war?
6. Who goes to the train station with Lavinia to meet Orin?
7. What is the setting of Play One, Act Four?
(a) Ezra's bedroom.
(b) Ezra's study.
(c) Outside the Mannon house.
(d) The Mannon sitting room.
8. Who does David Mannon marry?
(a) An English heiress.
(b) A French maid.
(c) A French Canadian.
(d) A New Yorker.
9. Lavinia tells Seth in the first scene that Captain Brant is coming to the house that night to ___________.
(a) Meet her mother.
(b) Drink with Seth.
(c) Court her.
(d) Borrow her father's maps.
10. What does Christine hide behind her back as Ezra is dying?
(a) A letter.
(b) A pillbox.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
11. Orin teases Lavinia when he returns from the war that she is still _____________.
12. Who jokes that Ezra probably dies from making love to Christine?
(a) Everett Hills.
(b) Emma Borden.
(c) Dr. Blake.
(d) Josiah Borden.
13. What does Captain Brant tell Lavinia happens to his father?
(a) Dies of a broken heart.
(b) Dies in battle.
(c) Dies in a duel.
(d) Commits suicide.
14. Where is the Mannon house located?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) New England.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
15. What is the name of Captain Brant's mother?
(a) Marie Barcelona.
(b) Marie Brantome.
(c) Maria Brantoine.
(d) Maria Brantrome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor call Ezra's heart condition?
2. Peter thinks Captain Brant looks more like a ___________ than a ship captain.
3. What does Captain Brant call all Mannons?
4. Orin tells Lavinia that Ezra and the war teaches him what?
5. Who does Lavinia say that Captain Brant is using for revenge?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)