|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Captain Brant speaks to Lavinia at some length about his love of _______.
(a) New England.
2. What does the Mannon house remind Orin of when he sees it for the first time after the war?
3. Where is the Mannon house located?
(a) New England.
(b) North Carolina.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
4. Ezra tells Lavinia she always is what?
(a) His joy.
(b) His little girl.
(c) His burden.
(d) His duty.
5. What happens to Christine at the end of Play One, Act Four?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She faints.
(c) She is triumphant.
(d) She dies.
6. As he is dying, Christine tells Lavinia that Ezra is ____________.
7. What does Christine go into her room to get when Ezra becomes ill?
(a) A candle.
(b) A pill box.
(c) Her robe.
(d) A Bible.
8. What does Christine tell Brant he does with her share of the Mannon estate?
(a) Become mayor.
(b) Buy a ship.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Buy an island.
9. Who goes to the train station with Lavinia to meet Orin?
10. What is Orin wearing on his head when he returns from war?
(a) A flower from the islands.
(b) A crown.
(c) A hat with a feather.
(d) A bandage.
11. Who does Lavinia vow to punish at the end of the first play?
12. How many years is Seth with the Mannon family?
13. Where does Ezra die?
(a) His study.
(b) The front porch.
(c) His bed.
(d) Christine's arms.
14. Who is waiting with Christine to see Orin return from the train station?
15. Who are the members of the "chorus" in the first scene of the play?
(b) Greek goddesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter thinks Captain Brant looks more like a ___________ than a ship captain.
2. Christine tells Brant that she loves him because he resembles to who?
3. What does Christine accuse Lavinia of at the end of the first act of the second play?
4. What does Captain Brant tell Lavinia happens to his father?
5. Christine tells Lavinia she believes the war is over when she hears what?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)