|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Orin wounded in the war?
(a) His arm.
(b) His leg.
(c) His chest.
(d) His head.
2. What does Lavinia accuse Christine of stealing from her?
3. What happens to Christine at the end of Play One, Act Four?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She faints.
(c) She is triumphant.
(d) She dies.
4. Who does Mrs. Borden say she can't abide?
5. How does Orin learn about Captain Brant?
(a) Christine's letters.
(b) Meeting him New York.
(c) Lavinia's letters.
(d) His grandfather.
6. Ezra tells Christine that the war makes him look at ________ differently.
7. Captain Brant speaks to Lavinia at some length about his love of _______.
(a) New England.
8. Lavinia tells Seth in the first scene that Captain Brant is coming to the house that night to ___________.
(a) Court her.
(b) Drink with Seth.
(c) Meet her mother.
(d) Borrow her father's maps.
9. Ezra Mannon is dressed like a __________ in the portrait that hangs in his study.
(a) A judge.
(b) A sailor.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A Greek god.
10. Who does Seth think is David Mannon's son?
(a) Peter Niles.
(b) Orin Mannon.
(c) Amos Ames.
(d) Adam Brant.
11. What year is Mourning Becomes Electra taking place?
12. Who does Seth want to tell Lavinia about when he sees her in the first scene of Homecoming?
(b) Captain Brant.
13. Who does Orin equate the war to?
14. Who jokes that Ezra probably dies from making love to Christine?
(a) Dr. Blake.
(b) Emma Borden.
(c) Josiah Borden.
(d) Everett Hills.
15. Who goes to the train station with Lavinia to meet Orin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine go into her room to get when Ezra becomes ill?
2. What is the title of the second play?
3. Where does Ezra die?
4. Ezra tells Christine he can't talk to her with her ______________.
5. Christine and Brant plot to make Ezra's death look like a ___________.
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)