|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Orin equate the war to?
2. What year is Mourning Becomes Electra taking place?
3. Where is Orin wounded in the war?
(a) His chest.
(b) His leg.
(c) His arm.
(d) His head.
4. Who does Lavinia vow to punish at the end of the first play?
5. What is Orin wearing on his head when he returns from war?
(a) A crown.
(b) A flower from the islands.
(c) A bandage.
(d) A hat with a feather.
6. Where does Lavinia tell Seth she is at the beginning of Part Two in the first scene of Homecoming?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New York.
7. What does Christine hide behind her back as Ezra is dying?
(a) A pillbox.
(b) A letter.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
8. Who does Christine say she is visiting on her trips to New York?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Captain Brant.
(d) Her father.
9. Who is drunk in the third act of the first play?
10. Lavinia tells Peter she can't marry him because _________ needs her.
11. What does Captain Brant call all Mannons?
12. What color dress is Christine wearing in Act Three of the first play?
13. What does Christine tell Brant he does with her share of the Mannon estate?
(a) Become mayor.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Buy a ship.
(d) Buy an island.
14. According to Seth, who throws David Mannon out of the house?
15. What is the name of Louisa Ames' cousin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brant's mother's position in the Mannon household?
2. What does the old gardener call Lavinia?
3. Ezra tells Christine that the war makes him look at ________ differently.
4. How long are Ezra and Christine married?
5. Orin tells Lavinia that Ezra and the war teaches him what?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)