|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Orin resemble as he walks up the driveway as he returns from the war?
2. Ezra accuses Christine of lying to him __________.
(a) About Brant.
(b) About Lavinia.
(c) With her body.
(d) With her words.
3. What is the name of the main character speaking in the first scene of Homecoming?
4. Who are the members of the "chorus" in the first scene of the play?
(d) Greek goddesses.
5. What does the old gardener call Lavinia?
(a) The princess.
6. Lavinia thinks of Peter as a _________.
7. Ezra Mannon is dressed like a __________ in the portrait that hangs in his study.
(a) A soldier.
(b) A Greek god.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A judge.
8. What does Lavinia tell Peter she hates in the first scene of the play?
9. Where is Christine when she comes upon Peter and Lavinia in the first scene of the play?
(a) Her lover's.
10. Ezra tells Christine there is always ___________ between them.
(a) A great love.
(b) An agreement.
(c) A daughter.
(d) A wall.
11. What do Christine and Brant hear at the end of Act Two of Homecoming?
(a) Ezra's voice.
(b) The cannon at the fort.
(d) Lavinia's voice.
12. Who does Peter hear rumors about Lavinia falling in love with?
(b) Captain Brandon,
(c) Captain Brant.
13. What is the setting of Play One, Act Four?
(a) Outside the Mannon house.
(b) Ezra's study.
(c) Ezra's bedroom.
(d) The Mannon sitting room.
14. Who does Christine say she is visiting on her trips to New York?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her father.
(d) Captain Brant.
15. Ezra tells Christine he can't talk to her with her ______________.
(a) Clothes on.
(b) Eyes closed.
(c) Eyes open.
(d) Clothes off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the first act of the second play?
2. What is the name of Louisa Ames' cousin?
3. What does the doctor call Ezra's heart condition?
4. As Captain Brant leaves for his ship, Christine promises him that she soon is what?
5. Ezra tells Lavinia she always is what?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)