|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ezra accuses Christine of lying to him __________.
(a) With her words.
(b) About Lavinia.
(c) About Brant.
(d) With her body.
2. Lavinia always reminds her mother of what?
(a) Her lost youth.
(b) Her honeymoon.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
3. What does the Mannon house remind Orin of when he sees it for the first time after the war?
4. How old is Captain Brant?
5. What does the old gardener call Lavinia?
(b) The princess.
6. Lavinia tells Peter she can't marry him because _________ needs her.
7. How many days is it since Ezra's death at the beginning of the second play?
8. Who does Lavinia vow to punish at the end of the first play?
9. Who jokes that Ezra probably dies from making love to Christine?
(a) Dr. Blake.
(b) Emma Borden.
(c) Josiah Borden.
(d) Everett Hills.
10. What is Orin wearing on his head when he returns from war?
(a) A crown.
(b) A hat with a feather.
(c) A bandage.
(d) A flower from the islands.
11. Captain Brant says Lavinia looks exactly like who?
(a) His mother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandfather.
12. What does Christine hide behind her back as Ezra is dying?
(a) A knife.
(b) A pillbox.
(c) A gun.
(d) A letter.
13. Who does Lavinia say that Captain Brant is using for revenge?
(b) Her mother.
14. What does Ezra beg Christine to give him as he is dying?
(a) Her forgiveness.
(b) His medicine.
(c) Her love.
(d) Pen and paper.
15. What is the setting of the first act of the second play?
(a) Ezra's study.
(b) The wharf.
(c) The exterior of the Mannon house at night.
(d) The Mannon sitting room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the Act Three of Homecoming?
2. Christine tells Brant that she loves him because he resembles to who?
3. Captain Brant speaks to Lavinia at some length about his love of _______.
4. Who is drunk in the third act of the first play?
5. How many years is Seth with the Mannon family?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)