|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brant want to kill Ezra?
(a) In battle.
2. Who does Mrs. Borden say she can't abide?
3. Ezra tells Christine there is always ___________ between them.
(a) An agreement.
(b) A daughter.
(c) A great love.
(d) A wall.
4. What does Christine tell Brant he does with her share of the Mannon estate?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Buy a ship.
(c) Become mayor.
(d) Buy an island.
5. Ezra tells Christine he can't talk to her with her ______________.
(a) Eyes closed.
(b) Clothes off.
(c) Clothes on.
(d) Eyes open.
6. Where is the Mannon house located?
(a) New England.
(b) New York.
(c) North Carolina.
(d) New Jersey.
7. Captain Brant tells Lavinia that the color of her hair reminds him of whom?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His father.
(c) Her father.
(d) His mother.
8. What does Lavinia tell Peter she hates in the first scene of the play?
9. What does Christine hide behind her back as Ezra is dying?
(a) A knife.
(b) A pillbox.
(c) A gun.
(d) A letter.
10. What song is being sung as the play opens?
(c) Swing low.
(d) Amazing Grace.
11. What does Captain Brant call all Mannons?
12. What is Orin wearing on his head when he returns from war?
(a) A crown.
(b) A bandage.
(c) A flower from the islands.
(d) A hat with a feather.
13. Who does Ezra call out for as he is dying?
14. How many days is it since Ezra's death at the beginning of the second play?
15. What is the name of Captain Brant's ship?
(a) Flying Trades.
(b) Paradise Found.
(c) Trade Winds.
(d) Garden of Paradise.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Seth, who throws David Mannon out of the house?
2. Christine and Brant plot to make Ezra's death look like a ___________.
3. Who does Seth want to tell Lavinia about when he sees her in the first scene of Homecoming?
4. Who does Ezra point an accusing finger at as he is dying?
5. Who does Orin resemble as he walks up the driveway as he returns from the war?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)