|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christine and Brant plot to make Ezra's death look like a ___________.
(d) Heart attack.
2. Who does Christine compare the Mannon house to?
(b) Abe Mannon.
(c) Ezra Mannon.
3. Ezra accuses Christine of lying to him __________.
(a) With her words.
(b) About Lavinia.
(c) About Brant.
(d) With her body.
4. Who does David Mannon marry?
(a) A French Canadian.
(b) A French maid.
(c) An English heiress.
(d) A New Yorker.
5. What is the title of the second play?
(a) The House.
(b) The Homecoming.
(c) The Hunted.
(d) The Haunted.
6. Where is Christine when she comes upon Peter and Lavinia in the first scene of the play?
(c) Her lover's.
7. What does Captain Brant call all Mannons?
8. Lavinia writes her father a letter about whom?
9. What happens to Christine at the end of Play One, Act Four?
(a) She dies.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She faints.
(d) She is triumphant.
10. What does Christine accuse Lavinia of at the end of the first act of the second play?
(b) Gossiping about her.
(d) Following her everywhere.
11. Peter thinks Captain Brant looks more like a ___________ than a ship captain.
12. Who is drunk in the third act of the first play?
13. What is the name of Louisa Ames' cousin?
14. What is the setting of the first act of the second play?
(a) The Mannon sitting room.
(b) Ezra's study.
(c) The exterior of the Mannon house at night.
(d) The wharf.
15. Where is Orin wounded in the war?
(a) His head.
(b) His arm.
(c) His leg.
(d) His chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Mannon house located?
2. What is Amos Ames' trade?
3. Captain Brant speaks to Lavinia at some length about his love of _______.
4. Christine tells Hazel that life twists people's feeling for each other until they do what to each other?
5. Ezra Mannon is dressed like a __________ in the portrait that hangs in his study.
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)