|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lavinia tell Peter she hates in the first scene of the play?
2. What is the name of the main character speaking in the first scene of Homecoming?
3. What is Orin wearing on his head when he returns from war?
(a) A hat with a feather.
(b) A flower from the islands.
(c) A bandage.
(d) A crown.
4. Who does Orin resemble as he walks up the driveway as he returns from the war?
5. How many years is Seth with the Mannon family?
6. How long are Ezra and Christine married?
(a) 27 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 23 years.
(d) 30 years.
7. What happens to Christine at the end of Play One, Act Four?
(a) She dies.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She is triumphant.
(d) She faints.
8. What is the name of Captain Brant's mother?
(a) Marie Barcelona.
(b) Marie Brantome.
(c) Maria Brantrome.
(d) Maria Brantoine.
9. Orin tells Lavinia that Ezra and the war teaches him what?
(a) To be brave.
(b) To ignore death.
(c) To love Christine.
(d) To runaway.
10. Christine convinces Brant to get a drug to help kill Ezra from where?
(a) New York.
11. What does the doctor call Ezra's heart condition?
(c) Bad luck.
12. Who is the lover that Christine says Lavinia is waiting for in Play One, Act Three?
13. Who is waiting with Christine to see Orin return from the train station?
14. Ezra is a highly regarded ___________ of the town.
15. Who does Christine say she is visiting on her trips to New York?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Captain Brant.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following Greek dramas is NOT source material for Mourning Becomes Electra?
2. Who does Orin equate the war to?
3. How many days is it since Ezra's death at the beginning of the second play?
4. What does Ezra tell Christine that house and his bed are waiting for?
5. According to Seth, who throws David Mannon out of the house?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)