|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Act 4,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The stage directions describe Ezra's dead face as looking like __________.
(a) A statue.
(c) A monster.
2. What is the name of Captain Brant's mother?
(a) Maria Brantoine.
(b) Marie Brantome.
(c) Marie Barcelona.
(d) Maria Brantrome.
3. Orin teases Lavinia when he returns from the war that she is still _____________.
4. Where do Brant and Christine plan to sail to on the ship Atlantis?
(a) South Seas.
5. What does Orin tell Lavinia he is doing, locked in the dark study by himself in the third play?
(a) Communing with ghosts.
(b) Writing a confession.
(c) Writing her a love poem.
(d) Reading law books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ezra tell Christine that house and his bed are waiting for?
2. Ezra Mannon is dressed like a __________ in the portrait that hangs in his study.
3. What is Lavinia doing at the beginning of the last act of the play?
4. Why does Brant have a pistol out as he tells the drunk shantyman on the wharf to show himself?
5. What does Ezra beg Christine to give him as he is dying?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)