|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Play 3, Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Captain Brant tell Lavinia happens to his father?
(a) Dies in a duel.
(b) Dies of a broken heart.
(c) Commits suicide.
(d) Dies in battle.
2. Ezra Mannon is dressed like a __________ in the portrait that hangs in his study.
(a) A judge.
(b) A Greek god.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A sailor.
3. Where does Orin kill Brant?
(a) The wharf.
(b) In Brant's cabin.
(c) On the deck of the ship.
(d) The warehouse.
4. What is Orin wearing on his head when he returns from war?
(a) A bandage.
(b) A flower from the islands.
(c) A hat with a feather.
(d) A crown.
5. Where does Lavinia tell Seth she is at the beginning of Part Two in the first scene of Homecoming?
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orin teases Lavinia when he returns from the war that she is still _____________.
2. Christine tells Hazel that life twists people's feeling for each other until they do what to each other?
3. What is the setting of the first act of the second play?
4. What does Brant give up to runaway with Christine?
5. The stage directions describe Ezra's dead face as looking like __________.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)