Play 1, Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1
* Mourning Becomes Electra is a intricate three-part play.
* The Homecoming is the first play in the trilogy.
* Seth and a group of townspeople discuss the strangeness of the Mannon family.
* The townspeople discuss how Christine Mannon, wife of General Mannon, is beautiful but unlikable.
* There is hints at secrets in the Mannon family.
* Lavinia Mannon comes out of the house and looks remarkably like her mother, Christine.
Play 1, Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2
* Lavinia confesses to Seth that she goes to New York.
* Their conversation is interrupted by the appearance of Peter and Hazel.
* Lavinia invites the brother and sister to sit with her and the three of them discuss the war.
* Hazel excuses herself so that Peter can propose to Lavinia.
* Lavinia refuses his hand in marriage for the second time.
* Peter leaves as Christine enters the scene.
* Lavinia and Christine have a tense conversation...
This section contains 1,450 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)