|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Delia do to calm down the hysterical Jean in Act 2?
(a) She takes her outside.
(b) She calls for Cynthia.
(c) She makes her a drink.
(d) She slaps her.
2. Why is it suggested that Jean call the Sheriff in Act 2 Part 5?
(a) Dan is missing.
(b) The dig is destroyed.
(c) The artifacts are stolen.
(d) Chad is missing.
3. What does the Chinese proverb say that Jean quotes?
(a) A person is blessed once, but his troubles never come alone.
(b) A drop of water shall be returned with a burst of spring.
(c) If you save a man from drowning, you're responsible for him the rest of his life.
(d) You never step into the same river twice.
4. August refers to the dig as what in Act 2 Part 3?
(a) The greatest acheivement of his life.
(b) A miserable failure.
(c) The curse that cost him his marriage.
(d) A salvage operation in which we salvaged nothing.
5. Dan says that in 1500 a tribe ended up in Mississippi. What were they called?
(a) The Mohicans.
(b) The Natchez.
(c) The Chantawks.
(d) The Cherokee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delia say was in the "last box" of her novel?
2. What is Dan painting the copper beads with to preserve them in Act 2 Part 4?
3. In Act 1 Part 7, August shows a slide photo of a man and says he's "the wise old bird who owns the place." Who is it?
4. Who does Chad take by the neck, claiming you can kill someone, by twisting it "in the right place?"
5. What does August say to Delia at the end of Act 2 Part 4, as a means of lashing out at her?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)