|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it suggested that Jean call the Sheriff in Act 2 Part 5?
(a) The artifacts are stolen.
(b) The dig is destroyed.
(c) Chad is missing.
(d) Dan is missing.
2. What does August say has never been discovered from Mississippian Culture?
(a) An altar.
(b) Indications of cannibalism.
(c) The grave of a god-king.
(d) Signs of poetry and literature.
3. August states in Act 2 Part 3 to the recorder that at one time he had a doctorate in one hand and what in the other?
(a) A book.
(b) A trowel.
(d) A wedding ring.
4. August encounters a slide of himself in Act 2 Part 3. Where is he in the photograph?
(a) A funeral.
(b) The excavation site.
(c) His wedding.
(d) His college graduation.
5. What does August accuse Chad of after the discovery at the dig?
(a) Cheating with his wife.
(b) Being only concerned with making a profit.
(c) Being a fool.
(d) Cheating him of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. August refers to the dig as what in Act 2 Part 3?
2. What word does August repeat several times at the end of Act 2 Part 3?
3. What literary term defines August's statement of blindness to the passing moon?
4. When does August say Delia left the house she grew up in?
5. Which character says, "I owe him my life, he's not got anything on me?"
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)