|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Jean taking off work?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) One year.
2. Which character says, in Act 1, "We'd be working somewhere else if our work here wasn't important?"
3. What does Dan claim is another name for the Temple Mound People?
(a) The Adena.
(b) The Aztecs.
(c) The Early Mississippian Culture.
(d) The Jasker Tribe.
4. What activity is Jean doing in Act 1 Part 4?
(d) Jumping rope.
5. In Act 1, what does Chad say almost prevented the house from being livable?
(a) A fire.
(b) The dam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears with Jean in front of the slide of the lake in Act 1?
2. Jean says the women in her family have a history of what?
3. How does Delia describe her father's office?
4. Who tells Delia that the book is a success and "she was a failure?"
5. What do Dan's notes state the two mounds in a village were for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which character has a history of miscarriages in his/her family? How has that affected this character?
2. What does August suggest to Cynthia regarding Delia in Act 1? Who else has dealt with Delia in this way?
3. Where does the character Delia arrive from? Where have her travels taken her? What is her reaction to her new surroundings?
4. What does the discovery in Act 2 Part 1 lead Dan to theorize about this ancient culture?
5. What does August say blinds a man "to the passing moon?" What does he mean?
6. Describe the set of The Mound Builders. What furniture is used? How are the two locations in the play differentiated through the set design?
7. What does the discovery of the God-king mean to August? Why?
8. Who references a Chinese puzzle box in the play? What does this metaphor relate to?
9. What elements of Delia's character are revealed before she appears in the play? What literary term is defined by its use to provide background and inform the readers about the plot, character, setting, and theme of the essay/story?
10. Describe the relationship between Jean and Chad. Why does he show her the model in Act 1?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)