|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity is Jean doing in Act 1 Part 4?
(c) Jumping rope.
2. Jean asks Chad if he will move the house when the lake comes in. What is his response?
(b) It isn't worth the cost.
(c) They will build a new one.
(d) He has already sold it.
3. Who quotes Aztec poetry in Act 1?
4. Jean says the women in her family have a history of what?
5. What does Dan say his roommate studied in college?
(a) Medieval History.
(b) Computer science.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delia claim they were doing to her at the hospital?
2. What do Jean and Dan argue over in Act 1?
3. Who does Kirsten ask Delia about in Act 1 Part 4?
4. Which character says in Act 1, "The truth is in dreams and nightmares, but you haven't succeeded in getting that down?"
5. How do we know when August is alone in his study?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Delia lock herself in her apartment after completing her book? Who found her?
2. What has been discovered in Act 2 Part 1? Who tells about this discovery? What is the reaction?
3. Explain the relationship of Dan and Jean. How are they related and how long have they known each other?
4. Who wrote the poem that Dan recites in Act 1? What significance is the poem to the play?
5. What does the discovery in Act 2 Part 1 lead Dan to theorize about this ancient culture?
6. What is the overall theme of The Mound Builders? How is this theme portrayed?
7. Where is Chad at the end of the play?
8. Describe the character of Cynthia. Who is she in relation to the main character? How old is she? What is her profession?
9. What is the climax of the play? Where does this occur?
10. Which character was created by Lanford Wilson for the actor Tanya Berezin? Why?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)