|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is left alone in the dark at the end of Act 1 Part 6?
2. Where does Dan attend college?
3. What does Dan say his roommate studied in college?
(b) Medieval History.
(c) Computer science.
4. Who calls Dan a Howdy-Dowdy, hale-fellow, nice guy in Act 1?
5. Who tells Delia that the book is a success and "she was a failure?"
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her publisher.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes in with a flashlight and discovers Delia in the living room in Act 1 Part 6?
2. Where does August say that his sister was "scraped off the street?"
3. What does Cynthia say the posts were used for in Act 1?
4. What does August say his father did to Delia?
5. How many summers did August say that they had previously spent excavating at the site in Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the outcome of "Legacy" to August at the end of the play? How does this make him a Tragic Hero?
2. What is implied by August's description of Cynthia as "an ex-relation by marriage?" What literary term would this comment be considered?
3. What does the discovery in Act 2 Part 1 lead Dan to theorize about this ancient culture?
4. Which character says, "Great blinders is believing in and she's a great believer in blinders?" What does this mean?
5. Who is the character named Chad? How does he relate to the other characters in the play? What is his position in relation to the house and the excavation site?
6. What does Delia feel is the greatest sin? Why?
7. Which character wishes he/she could see the future? How is this revealed in the play?
8. How does Chad react to the news of Jean's pregnancy? Why?
9. What does August say blinds a man "to the passing moon?" What does he mean?
10. What is the climax of the play? Where does this occur?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)