|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the lights begin to reveal at the end of Act 1 Part 1?
(a) The dig site.
(b) The University.
(c) The lake.
(d) The house in Blue Shoals.
2. What does Delia claim they were doing to her at the hospital?
(a) Locking her away.
(b) Stealing her things.
(c) Trying to kill her.
(d) Making her well.
3. What does Chad have a model of in Act 1?
(a) The archeological dig.
(b) The university.
(c) The lake.
(d) The Jasker Development site.
4. What does Delia claim was the model for Camus' The Plague?
(b) New Zealand.
(c) New York.
5. How many villagers does Dan say supposedly were in Cahokia?
(a) Sixty thousand.
(b) Three hundred.
(c) Forty to fifty thousand.
(d) Ten thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dan complain about at the dig site in Act 1?
2. Which character says, in Act 1, "We'd be working somewhere else if our work here wasn't important?"
3. Jean asks Delia in Act 1 Part 5 if she happens to have what?
4. Where does Jean develop an interest in medicine?
5. In what month does the play begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Delia's perception of the human eye as a child relates to her perceptions about the world today.
2. How does Jean feel about Chad's advances in Act 2? What does August say regarding Chad?
3. In the opening of the play, August speaks into a tape recorder. To whom is he speaking and why?
4. Who arrives drunk after fishing near the end of Act 1? What is the relationship of these two characters?
5. What does the discovery of the God-king mean to August? Why?
6. 'If you save a man from drowning, you're responsible for him the rest of his life.' Who quotes this proverb in the play? In regards to whom?
7. What is the climax of the play? Where does this occur?
8. What topic do the characters Delia and Dan bond over late in Act 1? How do their stories connect?
9. What is revealed to Dan in Act 2 Part 4 regarding the building of the highway? Who is responsible for this?
10. What elements of Delia's character are revealed before she appears in the play? What literary term is defined by its use to provide background and inform the readers about the plot, character, setting, and theme of the essay/story?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)