|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jean taking time away from work?
(a) To be with Dan on the dig.
(b) To have a baby.
(c) To get married.
(d) To return to school.
2. What did Delia's ex-husband's sell?
(a) Dental equipment.
(c) Men's ties.
(d) Drilling equipment.
3. Who enters from upstairs in Act 1 Part 1 as the lights change to transition into the next scene?
(a) Delia and Chad.
(b) Cynthia and Kirsten.
(c) Kirsten and Delia.
(d) Chad and Jean.
4. What is Dr. Jean Loggins' profession?
5. Who is revealed to be having an affair with Cynthia near the end of Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does August say that they were racing against early in Act 1?
2. Who calls Dan a Howdy-Dowdy, hale-fellow, nice guy in Act 1?
3. What does Delia claim they were doing to her at the hospital?
4. Where is the airport August is going to in Act 1?
5. Where is the dig site located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arrives drunk after fishing near the end of Act 1? What is the relationship of these two characters?
2. What is revealed to Dan in Act 2 Part 4 regarding the building of the highway? Who is responsible for this?
3. What does Delia feel is the greatest sin? Why?
4. What is a God-king?
5. What does Delia compare her book to? Why?
6. Describe the character of Cynthia. Who is she in relation to the main character? How old is she? What is her profession?
7. What elements of Delia's character are revealed before she appears in the play? What literary term is defined by its use to provide background and inform the readers about the plot, character, setting, and theme of the essay/story?
8. Describe the term which refers to the use of projections in the play. What effect does this theatrical device serve?
9. Early in Act 1, Kirsten hears a noise in the night. What does she hear and who comes to comfort her?
10. What takes place in the falling action of The Mound Builders?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)