|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dan ask August not to reveal to the others in early Act 1?
(a) That Jean is pregnant.
(b) That he has married Jean.
(c) That he is leaving.
(d) That Jean is sick.
2. Who is mentioned by Delia that wrote a book about the eye and vision?
(a) August's ex-wife.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her husband.
3. Who enters the darkness with a flashlight in the end of Act 1 Part 2?
4. How is Kirsten related to Cynthia?
(a) She is her adopted daughter.
(b) She is her sister.
(c) She is her daughter.
(d) She is her neice.
5. What does Chad offer to give Jean in Act 1?
(a) The house.
(b) The model.
(c) A dog.
(d) His share of the lease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jean called as a child?
2. Which character says, "I have an intense desire to turn to the end of the chapter and see how it all comes out?"
3. Who carries Delia into the house in Act 1?
4. Who does Dan say build burial mounds?
5. What does August say his father did to Delia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is suspiciously holding the flashlight in the blackout at the end of Act 1? Why?
2. How does August feel about "aesthetics?" Why?
3. Is the mask that was discovered made of gold? Why does August state that it is?
4. How does Delia describe her ex-husband? How old was she when she married him? What was his profession?
5. What does August suggest to Cynthia regarding Delia in Act 1? Who else has dealt with Delia in this way?
6. Which character wishes he/she could see the future? How is this revealed in the play?
7. The Mound Builders is unique in its depiction of time. Explain the two different periods of time which are illustrated in the play and how this differentiation is made clear to the audience (and reader).
8. Where does the character Delia arrive from? Where have her travels taken her? What is her reaction to her new surroundings?
9. What does Delia compare her book to? Why?
10. Who arrives drunk after fishing near the end of Act 1? What is the relationship of these two characters?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)