|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is camping near the house?
(a) A group of archeology students.
(b) A group of hunters.
(c) A family from the town.
2. Who calls Dan a Howdy-Dowdy, hale-fellow, nice guy in Act 1?
3. What is Delia's father's profession?
4. Who is left alone in the dark at the end of Act 1 Part 6?
5. What does Dan say his roommate studied in college?
(a) Computer science.
(c) Medieval History.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 1 Part 6, there is a slide of a fire. What does August say this is?
2. Whom does August say Cynthia believes herself to be when speaking to the recorder in Act 1 Part 2?
3. Who enters from upstairs in Act 1 Part 1 as the lights change to transition into the next scene?
4. What are the directions that August gives Dianne regarding his recording?
5. How many times does Cynthia say Delia has contacted them in the past 10 years?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Dan at the end of The Mound Builders? What is the reaction of the others to this?
2. How does Chad react to the news of Jean's pregnancy? Why?
3. What is implied by August's description of Cynthia as "an ex-relation by marriage?" What literary term would this comment be considered?
4. Which character wishes he/she could see the future? How is this revealed in the play?
5. Who is Professor August Howe? How old is he? What is his profession?
6. Describe Lanford Wilson's use of narrative in The Mound Builders. In what ways does he choose to reveal the exposition of the play?
7. Describe the relationship between Jean and Chad. Why does he show her the model in Act 1?
8. Compare the characters of Jean and Delia. How do they relate to each other? How are they similar? How are they different?
9. Early in Act 1, Kirsten hears a noise in the night. What does she hear and who comes to comfort her?
10. Who's character studied books written by Delia in college? How did he/she feel about those books?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)