|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Delia claim was the model for Camus' The Plague?
(a) New Zealand.
(c) New York.
2. Who tells Delia that the book is a success and "she was a failure?"
(a) Her publisher.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her husband.
3. How old is the character Chad Jasker?
4. Which character does August say is coming to stay with them unexpectedly?
5. What does Cynthia say the posts were used for in Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the term that defines Landford Wilson's use of a projector in The Mound Builders?
2. What does August say that they were racing against early in Act 1?
3. Delia admits to Jean in Act 1 that she is what?
4. Jean asks Delia in Act 1 Part 5 if she happens to have what?
5. What do the lights begin to reveal at the end of Act 1 Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does August feel about "aesthetics?" Why?
2. How does Chad react to the news of Jean's pregnancy? Why?
3. What is the primary motif used in the play? How does this motif symbolize the main character, and how does it relate to the theme?
4. What is the outcome of "Legacy" to August at the end of the play? How does this make him a Tragic Hero?
5. What is implied by August's description of Cynthia as "an ex-relation by marriage?" What literary term would this comment be considered?
6. Who references a Chinese puzzle box in the play? What does this metaphor relate to?
7. What does the discovery of the God-king mean to August? Why?
8. Explain the relationship of Dan and Jean. How are they related and how long have they known each other?
9. Who do we discover is having an affair in Act 1? Who else knows about the affair?
10. What does August say blinds a man "to the passing moon?" What does he mean?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)