|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says in Act 1, "The truth is in dreams and nightmares, but you haven't succeeded in getting that down?"
2. Jean asks Delia in Act 1 Part 5 if she happens to have what?
(a) A tarot deck.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A globe.
3. Why does Dan rattle on during his conversation with Delia in the middle of the night in Act 1 Part 6?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is stoned.
(d) He is distracted by his wife's affair.
4. Who is the author of the Aztec poem that is recited in Act 1?
(a) It is unknown.
(b) The shaman it was buried by.
(c) A God-King.
5. Jean says the women in her family have a history of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to comfort Kirsten at the end of Act 1 Part 2?
2. Who comes in with a flashlight and discovers Delia in the living room in Act 1 Part 6?
3. In Act 1, what does Chad say almost prevented the house from being livable?
4. Where does Dan attend college?
5. Who develops a theory on musical organs having personalities as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Professor August Howe? How old is he? What is his profession?
2. Who references a Chinese puzzle box in the play? What does this metaphor relate to?
3. Which character says, "Great blinders is believing in and she's a great believer in blinders?" What does this mean?
4. Who arrives drunk after fishing near the end of Act 1? What is the relationship of these two characters?
5. Where is Dan at the end of The Mound Builders? What is the reaction of the others to this?
6. Who do we discover is having an affair in Act 1? Who else knows about the affair?
7. What is the outcome of "Legacy" to August at the end of the play? How does this make him a Tragic Hero?
8. What is a God-king?
9. What takes place in the falling action of The Mound Builders?
10. What is the climax of the play? Where does this occur?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)