|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters from upstairs in Act 1 Part 1 as the lights change to transition into the next scene?
(a) Chad and Jean.
(b) Kirsten and Delia.
(c) Cynthia and Kirsten.
(d) Delia and Chad.
2. How old is the character Chad Jasker?
3. What does Dan claim is another name for the Temple Mound People?
(a) The Early Mississippian Culture.
(b) The Aztecs.
(c) The Adena.
(d) The Jasker Tribe.
4. Jean suggests to Delia in Act 1 Part 5 that what is different about the excavation this year versus the previous one?
(a) The atmosphere.
(d) The townspeople.
5. What does Delia claim was the model for Camus' The Plague?
(a) New York.
(d) New Zealand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jean asks Delia, "Where does it hurt, D.K.?" What is Delia's reply?
2. Who quotes Aztec poetry in Act 1?
3. What does Dan say he fell asleep wrapped around in New York?
4. Who arrives drunk at the door in the middle of the night in Act 1 Part 6?
5. Jean says that in one village six men were laid out ceremonially with what cut off?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jean feel about Chad's advances in Act 2? What does August say regarding Chad?
2. What does August suggest to Cynthia regarding Delia in Act 1? Who else has dealt with Delia in this way?
3. Where is Dan at the end of The Mound Builders? What is the reaction of the others to this?
4. How does Delia describe her ex-husband? How old was she when she married him? What was his profession?
5. Explain the relationship of Dan and Jean. How are they related and how long have they known each other?
6. What does the rain represent in Act 2?
7. Which character has a history of miscarriages in his/her family? How has that affected this character?
8. Who is the character named Chad? How does he relate to the other characters in the play? What is his position in relation to the house and the excavation site?
9. What fact about Jean's character does Dan ask that August not reveal to the others early in the play? Why?
10. Describe the character of Cynthia. Who is she in relation to the main character? How old is she? What is her profession?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)