|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Dan's notes state the two mounds in a village were for?
(a) The Shaman and the Villagers.
(b) The Temple and the Graveyard.
(c) The God-King and the Temple.
(d) The God-King and the Shaman.
2. Jean says the women in her family have a history of what?
3. What does Delia claim they were doing to her at the hospital?
(a) Locking her away.
(b) Making her well.
(c) Trying to kill her.
(d) Stealing her things.
4. Where does August say that his sister was "scraped off the street?"
(d) Eastern Asia.
5. What upsets Delia after the completion of her novel?
(a) She thought the transcriber hadn't liked it.
(b) She thought it was awful.
(c) She believed her publisher wouldn't buy it.
(d) She had lied while writing it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "I have an intense desire to turn to the end of the chapter and see how it all comes out?"
2. What does Chad offer to give Jean in Act 1?
3. Who does Jean say the people on the dig want to fit into a particular pattern, although they know nothing about?
4. What does Delia say in Act 1 that she is frantically beating the bushes for?
5. What does Delia claim was the model for Camus' The Plague?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chad react to the news of Jean's pregnancy? Why?
2. Is the mask that was discovered made of gold? Why does August state that it is?
3. How did Jean's experience as a spelling bee champion lead to her current career path? Was this a direct or indirect route?
4. What is the climax of the play? Where does this occur?
5. What has been discovered in Act 2 Part 1? Who tells about this discovery? What is the reaction?
6. Explain the relationship of Dan and Jean. How are they related and how long have they known each other?
7. Which character has a history of miscarriages in his/her family? How has that affected this character?
8. How does Delia describe her ex-husband? How old was she when she married him? What was his profession?
9. Which character was created by Lanford Wilson for the actor Tanya Berezin? Why?
10. Which character wishes he/she could see the future? How is this revealed in the play?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)