|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does August say Cynthia believes herself to be when speaking to the recorder in Act 1 Part 2?
(a) Ansel Adams.
(b) Diane Arbus.
(c) Ginger Rogers.
(d) An excellent mother.
2. From where does Delia ship a trunk to August and Cynthia?
3. What is Dr. Jean Loggins' profession?
4. What is Delia's profession?
5. Why does August have to go to the airport in Act 1?
(a) To get his sister.
(b) To pick up his brother.
(c) To fly to the university.
(d) To pick up Jean and Dan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dan say build burial mounds?
2. What does Cynthia say the posts were used for in Act 1?
3. Who discovers the evidence of the village site?
4. Where does Jean develop an interest in medicine?
5. How old is Dr. Jean Loggins?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jean feel about Chad's advances in Act 2? What does August say regarding Chad?
2. How does Delia describe her ex-husband? How old was she when she married him? What was his profession?
3. What is the climax of the play? Where does this occur?
4. Is the mask that was discovered made of gold? Why does August state that it is?
5. Early in Act 1, Kirsten hears a noise in the night. What does she hear and who comes to comfort her?
6. What does August suggest to Cynthia regarding Delia in Act 1? Who else has dealt with Delia in this way?
7. Describe Lanford Wilson's use of narrative in The Mound Builders. In what ways does he choose to reveal the exposition of the play?
8. Which character wishes he/she could see the future? How is this revealed in the play?
9. What is the name of the ancient civilization that is being excavated in the play? What are some of the key characteristics of that society that are mentioned in the play?
10. What takes place in the falling action of The Mound Builders?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)