|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does August say about the lake in the beginning of Act 2 Part 2?
(a) It would not be built.
(b) It kept rising every day.
(c) It had flooded the dig site.
(d) It was a curse.
2. Dan says that in 1500 a tribe ended up in Mississippi. What were they called?
(a) The Natchez.
(b) The Cherokee.
(c) The Chantawks.
(d) The Mohicans.
3. Why is Delia wearing "real clothes" the morning of Act 2 Part 5?
(a) She plans on leaving today.
(b) She is going to visit the dig site.
(c) She is well.
(d) She is having a party.
4. Who does Chad take by the neck, claiming you can kill someone, by twisting it "in the right place?"
5. What does August say was found in the lake in Act 2 Part 5?
(a) Dan's body.
(b) The god-king mask.
(c) Chad's body.
(d) An oar from Chad's boat.
6. What does Dan say the God-King dressed in?
(a) Eagles feathers.
(b) Animal hides.
(c) Golden jewelry.
(d) Swan feathers.
7. Who is the professor who taught Delia's book in Dan's college class?
(a) Dr. Smith.
(b) Dr. Levins.
(c) Dr. Landau.
(d) Dr. Howe.
8. What does August say to Delia at the end of Act 2 Part 4, as a means of lashing out at her?
(a) That he wished she were dead.
(b) That he always hated her.
(c) That she was adopted.
(d) That their father never cared about her writing.
9. What does Delia do to calm down the hysterical Jean in Act 2?
(a) She takes her outside.
(b) She slaps her.
(c) She makes her a drink.
(d) She calls for Cynthia.
10. August encounters a slide of himself in Act 2 Part 3. Where is he in the photograph?
(a) The excavation site.
(b) A funeral.
(c) His college graduation.
(d) His wedding.
11. Who gives an angry speech about Mr. Cochise, who was the creator of the awl-bone tool found at the site?
12. What class, or caste of people could marry anyone within the ancient caste system?
(a) The Stinkards.
(b) The Honored Men.
(c) The Chiefs.
(d) The Suns.
13. Which character says, "I wouldn't be a man. Not and carry all the dumbfounding load they've saddled themselves with?"
14. What does Chad learn about Jean in Act 2 Part 4?
(a) That she has written a book.
(b) That she's in love with him.
(c) That she's pregnant.
(d) That she's married.
15. Who suggests Jean call the County Sheriff in Act 2 Part 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "I owe him my life, he's not got anything on me?"
2. What had Dan mentioned celebrating the discovery of the god-king to Jean with?
3. August refers to the dig as what in Act 2 Part 3?
4. Who is present at the opening of Act 2?
5. What does Cynthia do with the film of photographs of the artifacts in Act 2?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)