|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1 Part 7, August shows a slide photo of a man and says he's "the wise old bird who owns the place." Who is it?
(a) Chad Jasker.
(b) Old Man Jasker.
(c) Mr. Mills.
(d) Mr. Shoals.
2. What does Delia say was in the "last box" of her novel?
(a) Her father.
(b) A lie.
(c) The truth.
(d) Another book.
3. Who is found in the dark wearing the god-king mask in Act 2 Part 5?
4. What is the life expectancy of the villagers where the dig is taking place?
5. When does August say to the recorder that they left the house for the last time?
(a) September 1.
(b) August 8.
(c) July 7.
(d) October 12.
6. Who is August with in Act 2 Part 3?
(d) No one.
7. Who is the professor who taught Delia's book in Dan's college class?
(a) Dr. Levins.
(b) Dr. Smith.
(c) Dr. Howe.
(d) Dr. Landau.
8. What does Dan suggest Delia write a book and title it?
(a) The Last of the Mohicans.
(b) The Jaskerville Extinction.
(c) The Dying of Blue Shoals.
(d) The Last of the Mound Builders.
9. August encounters a slide of himself in Act 2 Part 3. Where is he in the photograph?
(a) A funeral.
(b) His college graduation.
(c) The excavation site.
(d) His wedding.
10. Why is it suggested that Jean call the Sheriff in Act 2 Part 5?
(a) Chad is missing.
(b) The artifacts are stolen.
(c) The dig is destroyed.
(d) Dan is missing.
11. August states in Act 2 Part 3 to the recorder that at one time he had a doctorate in one hand and what in the other?
(a) A wedding ring.
(c) A book.
(d) A trowel.
12. What does Jean claim the head of the department calls Dan to his face?
(b) Danny Two Shoes.
(d) A child.
13. What does August say was found in the lake in Act 2 Part 5?
(a) An oar from Chad's boat.
(b) Chad's body.
(c) Dan's body.
(d) The god-king mask.
14. What does Delia ask Jean to do at the very end of Act 1?
(a) To close the door.
(b) To make her a drink.
(c) To leave her alone.
(d) To turn off the lights.
15. Who suggests the tribal people might have been cannibals?
Short Answer Questions
1. The grave of the god-king represents what to August?
2. How big does Dan say the bass they caught is?
3. Who takes all of the artifacts at the end of the play?
4. When does August say Delia left the house she grew up in?
5. What does Delia do to calm down the hysterical Jean in Act 2?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)