|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Chad's Oldsmobile in Act 2 Part 4?
(a) He sold it.
(b) He wrecked it.
(c) It was stolen.
(d) He painted it.
2. What time is it when Dan and Chad awaken Jean in the end of Act 1?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 2:00 a.m.
(c) 1:30 a.m.
(d) 2:30 a.m.
3. What have August and Dan discovered at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A mask.
(b) A burial site.
(c) A child's skeleton.
(d) A gold sceptor.
4. What does the Chinese proverb say that Jean quotes?
(a) You never step into the same river twice.
(b) If you save a man from drowning, you're responsible for him the rest of his life.
(c) A drop of water shall be returned with a burst of spring.
(d) A person is blessed once, but his troubles never come alone.
5. What is the life expectancy of the villagers where the dig is taking place?
6. Who reveals that the interstate won't be built to Chad?
7. Who gives an angry speech about Mr. Cochise, who was the creator of the awl-bone tool found at the site?
8. What do Chad and Dan argue over the risk of in Act 1 Part 7?
(a) Mixing beer and whiskey.
(b) Mixing beer with marijuana.
(c) Mixing beer and milk.
(d) Mixing whiskey with wine.
9. What word does August repeat several times at the end of Act 2 Part 3?
10. Who suggests the tribal people might have been cannibals?
11. What does Dan rush in exclaiming to Jean in Act 2 Part 4?
(a) They have lost everything.
(b) They've discovered the great temple.
(c) The dam has flooded.
(d) They've found the grave of a god-king.
12. What does August say about the lake in the beginning of Act 2 Part 2?
(a) It kept rising every day.
(b) It was a curse.
(c) It had flooded the dig site.
(d) It would not be built.
13. Dan says that in 1500 a tribe ended up in Mississippi. What were they called?
(a) The Natchez.
(b) The Chantawks.
(c) The Mohicans.
(d) The Cherokee.
14. What does August accuse Chad of after the discovery at the dig?
(a) Being only concerned with making a profit.
(b) Cheating him of money.
(c) Being a fool.
(d) Cheating with his wife.
15. What does August say has never been discovered from Mississippian Culture?
(a) An altar.
(b) Signs of poetry and literature.
(c) The grave of a god-king.
(d) Indications of cannibalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2 Part 3, what does August claim is taken up "to blind him to the passing moon?"
2. What is being examined at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What does Delia do to calm down the hysterical Jean in Act 2?
4. How big does Dan say the bass they caught is?
5. Who suggests Jean call the County Sheriff in Act 2 Part 5?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)