|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How big does Dan say the bass they caught is?
(a) Twelve pounds.
(b) Nine pounds.
(c) Six pounds.
(d) Seven pounds.
2. Who enters to get a glass of milk at the end of Act 1?
3. What does August say was found in the lake in Act 2 Part 5?
(a) The god-king mask.
(b) Dan's body.
(c) Chad's body.
(d) An oar from Chad's boat.
4. When does August say Delia left the house she grew up in?
(a) When she was 12.
(b) When she was 17.
(c) When she was 9.
(d) When she was 7.
5. Who does Chad take by the neck, claiming you can kill someone, by twisting it "in the right place?"
6. What word does August repeat several times at the end of Act 2 Part 3?
7. How does Dan almost drown the previous summer?
(a) A fish pulled him under.
(b) He was knocked out by an oar.
(c) Chad pushed him off the pier.
(d) He fell out of the boat drunk.
8. Who is present at the opening of Act 2?
(a) Dan, Chad and Kirsten.
(b) August and Delia.
(c) Everyone except Kirsten.
(d) Cynthia, Jean and Dan.
9. What does Delia say was in the "last box" of her novel?
(a) The truth.
(b) Another book.
(c) A lie.
(d) Her father.
10. Where does Dan take the archeology students in Act 2?
(a) To the dig site.
(b) To his boat.
(c) To a cave.
(d) To a motel.
11. What does Delia ask Jean to do at the very end of Act 1?
(a) To turn off the lights.
(b) To make her a drink.
(c) To leave her alone.
(d) To close the door.
12. What does August say to Delia at the end of Act 2 Part 4, as a means of lashing out at her?
(a) That he wished she were dead.
(b) That she was adopted.
(c) That their father never cared about her writing.
(d) That he always hated her.
13. What had Dan mentioned celebrating the discovery of the god-king to Jean with?
(a) A mescaline trip.
(b) A case of beer.
(c) A fishing trip.
(d) A party.
14. Which character says, "I wouldn't be a man. Not and carry all the dumbfounding load they've saddled themselves with?"
15. What do Chad and Dan argue over the risk of in Act 1 Part 7?
(a) Mixing whiskey with wine.
(b) Mixing beer with marijuana.
(c) Mixing beer and whiskey.
(d) Mixing beer and milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes all of the artifacts at the end of the play?
2. In Act 2 Part 3, what does August claim is taken up "to blind him to the passing moon?"
3. Who is August with in Act 2 Part 3?
4. Who does August speak to in Act 2 Part 3?
5. What does Cynthia do with the film of photographs of the artifacts in Act 2?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)