|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does August speak to in Act 2 Part 3?
2. What is Dan painting the copper beads with to preserve them in Act 2 Part 4?
(c) Nail polish.
3. August encounters a slide of himself in Act 2 Part 3. Where is he in the photograph?
(a) His college graduation.
(b) The excavation site.
(c) His wedding.
(d) A funeral.
4. What is the last image we see in the play?
(a) The lake.
(b) A slide of Dan.
(c) The view of the house.
(d) August standing alone.
5. Dan says that in 1500 a tribe ended up in Mississippi. What were they called?
(a) The Chantawks.
(b) The Cherokee.
(c) The Mohicans.
(d) The Natchez.
6. Who takes all of the artifacts at the end of the play?
(d) No one.
7. Who is August with in Act 2 Part 3?
(c) No one.
8. What does Delia do to calm down the hysterical Jean in Act 2?
(a) She takes her outside.
(b) She calls for Cynthia.
(c) She makes her a drink.
(d) She slaps her.
9. What does August say has never been discovered from Mississippian Culture?
(a) The grave of a god-king.
(b) Indications of cannibalism.
(c) Signs of poetry and literature.
(d) An altar.
10. What does the Chinese proverb say that Jean quotes?
(a) A drop of water shall be returned with a burst of spring.
(b) A person is blessed once, but his troubles never come alone.
(c) If you save a man from drowning, you're responsible for him the rest of his life.
(d) You never step into the same river twice.
11. Who is found in the dark wearing the god-king mask in Act 2 Part 5?
12. What has happened to Chad's Oldsmobile in Act 2 Part 4?
(a) He sold it.
(b) He painted it.
(c) He wrecked it.
(d) It was stolen.
13. What is the mask that's been discovered made of?
14. Who persistently chases after Jean in Act 2, despite her protestations?
15. How big does Dan say the bass they caught is?
(a) Seven pounds.
(b) Six pounds.
(c) Nine pounds.
(d) Twelve pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does August accuse Chad of after the discovery at the dig?
2. Who does Chad take by the neck, claiming you can kill someone, by twisting it "in the right place?"
3. What do Chad and Dan argue over the risk of in Act 1 Part 7?
4. Who is mentioned by Cynthia is planning on driving down in the morning after the discovery?
5. In Act 1 Part 7, August shows a slide photo of a man and says he's "the wise old bird who owns the place." Who is it?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)