|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Dan and August leave to go back to the dig site at the end of Act 2 Part 1?
(a) To protect it from looters.
(b) To look for more artifacts.
(c) To hide their findings.
(d) To cover it with tarps from the rain.
2. Why is Delia wearing "real clothes" the morning of Act 2 Part 5?
(a) She plans on leaving today.
(b) She is well.
(c) She is having a party.
(d) She is going to visit the dig site.
3. What does Delia say was in the "last box" of her novel?
(a) Another book.
(b) A lie.
(c) Her father.
(d) The truth.
4. August encounters a slide of himself in Act 2 Part 3. Where is he in the photograph?
(a) His college graduation.
(b) His wedding.
(c) The excavation site.
(d) A funeral.
5. How big does Dan say the bass they caught is?
(a) Nine pounds.
(b) Twelve pounds.
(c) Seven pounds.
(d) Six pounds.
6. What was the bone awl that August displays made from?
(a) A turkey.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A wolf.
7. Who enters to get a glass of milk at the end of Act 1?
8. Whom does Delia refer to as a hustler in Act 2?
9. What does August say was found in the lake in Act 2 Part 5?
(a) Dan's body.
(b) An oar from Chad's boat.
(c) The god-king mask.
(d) Chad's body.
10. Which character says, "I owe him my life, he's not got anything on me?"
11. What does Delia consider her most serious "sin" to be?
(b) Humiliating herself.
12. How does Dan almost drown the previous summer?
(a) He was knocked out by an oar.
(b) A fish pulled him under.
(c) He fell out of the boat drunk.
(d) Chad pushed him off the pier.
13. Who does August speak to in Act 2 Part 3?
14. What do Chad and Dan argue over the risk of in Act 1 Part 7?
(a) Mixing beer and milk.
(b) Mixing whiskey with wine.
(c) Mixing beer and whiskey.
(d) Mixing beer with marijuana.
15. Who is the professor who taught Delia's book in Dan's college class?
(a) Dr. Levins.
(b) Dr. Howe.
(c) Dr. Smith.
(d) Dr. Landau.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dan put on that makes Jean upset in Act 2?
2. Who does Chad take by the neck, claiming you can kill someone, by twisting it "in the right place?"
3. What is the life expectancy of the villagers where the dig is taking place?
4. When does August say to the recorder that they left the house for the last time?
5. Why is it suggested that Jean call the Sheriff in Act 2 Part 5?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)