|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dan and Chad arrive drunk in Act 1 Part 7, who is silently sitting in the room?
2. The grave of the god-king represents what to August?
(a) The end of the lake construction.
(b) His greatest disappointment.
(c) The most important find in 40-years' work.
(d) The beginning of a new life.
3. What does Delia ask Jean to do at the very end of Act 1?
(a) To turn off the lights.
(b) To close the door.
(c) To leave her alone.
(d) To make her a drink.
4. What does Cynthia do with the film of photographs of the artifacts in Act 2?
(a) She gives it to August.
(b) She unravels it.
(c) She gives it to Chad.
(d) She throws it into the lake.
5. What does Chad learn about Jean in Act 2 Part 4?
(a) That she has written a book.
(b) That she's married.
(c) That she's in love with him.
(d) That she's pregnant.
6. Which character says, "I wouldn't be a man. Not and carry all the dumbfounding load they've saddled themselves with?"
7. What does Delia do to calm down the hysterical Jean in Act 2?
(a) She calls for Cynthia.
(b) She makes her a drink.
(c) She slaps her.
(d) She takes her outside.
8. In Act 1 Part 7, August shows a slide photo of a man and says he's "the wise old bird who owns the place." Who is it?
(a) Chad Jasker.
(b) Mr. Mills.
(c) Old Man Jasker.
(d) Mr. Shoals.
9. What does August say was found in the lake in Act 2 Part 5?
(a) An oar from Chad's boat.
(b) Dan's body.
(c) The god-king mask.
(d) Chad's body.
10. What kind of seeds does Kirsten find in the sifter in Act 2?
11. Why is Delia wearing "real clothes" the morning of Act 2 Part 5?
(a) She plans on leaving today.
(b) She is well.
(c) She is having a party.
(d) She is going to visit the dig site.
12. How does Dan almost drown the previous summer?
(a) He was knocked out by an oar.
(b) He fell out of the boat drunk.
(c) A fish pulled him under.
(d) Chad pushed him off the pier.
13. Who is the professor who taught Delia's book in Dan's college class?
(a) Dr. Howe.
(b) Dr. Smith.
(c) Dr. Landau.
(d) Dr. Levins.
14. What does August say to Delia at the end of Act 2 Part 4, as a means of lashing out at her?
(a) That he wished she were dead.
(b) That he always hated her.
(c) That she was adopted.
(d) That their father never cared about her writing.
15. How many mounds does August claim have been opened in North American discovery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary term defines August's statement of blindness to the passing moon?
2. What does August say to the recorder in Act 2 Part 3 is "becoming an enemy to thought?"
3. What word does August repeat several times at the end of Act 2 Part 3?
4. Who enters to get a glass of milk at the end of Act 1?
5. What had Dan mentioned celebrating the discovery of the god-king to Jean with?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)