|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Delia refer to as a hustler in Act 2?
2. What time is it when Dan and Chad awaken Jean in the end of Act 1?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 2:00 a.m.
(c) 1:30 a.m.
(d) 2:30 a.m.
3. Who suggests Jean call the County Sheriff in Act 2 Part 5?
4. What does Dan put on that makes Jean upset in Act 2?
(a) The death mask.
(b) The copper beads.
(c) A feather headdress.
(d) A silver ring.
5. In Act 1 Part 7, August shows a slide photo of a man and says he's "the wise old bird who owns the place." Who is it?
(a) Old Man Jasker.
(b) Chad Jasker.
(c) Mr. Mills.
(d) Mr. Shoals.
6. What does Dan say the God-King dressed in?
(a) Swan feathers.
(b) Golden jewelry.
(c) Eagles feathers.
(d) Animal hides.
7. What is being examined at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A polaroid.
(c) A slide.
(d) The lake.
8. What does August say has never been discovered from Mississippian Culture?
(a) An altar.
(b) Indications of cannibalism.
(c) Signs of poetry and literature.
(d) The grave of a god-king.
9. August refers to the dig as what in Act 2 Part 3?
(a) A salvage operation in which we salvaged nothing.
(b) A miserable failure.
(c) The greatest acheivement of his life.
(d) The curse that cost him his marriage.
10. Who comes to the house looking for Dan in Act 3 Part 5?
(a) The archeology students.
11. What is the mask that's been discovered made of?
12. Who persistently chases after Jean in Act 2, despite her protestations?
13. Where does Dan take the archeology students in Act 2?
(a) To his boat.
(b) To a cave.
(c) To a motel.
(d) To the dig site.
14. Which character says, "I owe him my life, he's not got anything on me?"
15. What has happened to Chad's Oldsmobile in Act 2 Part 4?
(a) He wrecked it.
(b) He painted it.
(c) He sold it.
(d) It was stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does August say Delia left the house she grew up in?
2. Who suggests the tribal people might have been cannibals?
3. What word does August repeat several times at the end of Act 2 Part 3?
4. Which character says, "I wouldn't be a man. Not and carry all the dumbfounding load they've saddled themselves with?"
5. What have August and Dan discovered at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)