|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being examined at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The lake.
(b) A slide.
(c) A polaroid.
(d) A shovel.
2. Why is Delia wearing "real clothes" the morning of Act 2 Part 5?
(a) She is well.
(b) She is going to visit the dig site.
(c) She plans on leaving today.
(d) She is having a party.
3. How big does Dan say the bass they caught is?
(a) Twelve pounds.
(b) Six pounds.
(c) Nine pounds.
(d) Seven pounds.
4. What does Dan rush in exclaiming to Jean in Act 2 Part 4?
(a) They have lost everything.
(b) They've discovered the great temple.
(c) They've found the grave of a god-king.
(d) The dam has flooded.
5. Who is the professor who taught Delia's book in Dan's college class?
(a) Dr. Howe.
(b) Dr. Levins.
(c) Dr. Smith.
(d) Dr. Landau.
6. Who suggests Jean call the County Sheriff in Act 2 Part 5?
7. In Act 2 Part 3, what does August claim is taken up "to blind him to the passing moon?"
(c) A man's life work.
(d) A wife.
8. Who gives an angry speech about Mr. Cochise, who was the creator of the awl-bone tool found at the site?
9. Who is August with in Act 2 Part 3?
(d) No one.
10. Who is mentioned by Cynthia is planning on driving down in the morning after the discovery?
(b) Dr. Lefitt.
(d) John Wilmore.
11. How many mounds does August claim have been opened in North American discovery?
12. What does August say was found in the lake in Act 2 Part 5?
(a) An oar from Chad's boat.
(b) Chad's body.
(c) The god-king mask.
(d) Dan's body.
13. August states in Act 2 Part 3 to the recorder that at one time he had a doctorate in one hand and what in the other?
(a) A book.
(c) A trowel.
(d) A wedding ring.
14. What is the life expectancy of the villagers where the dig is taking place?
15. What does August say has never been discovered from Mississippian Culture?
(a) The grave of a god-king.
(b) Indications of cannibalism.
(c) An altar.
(d) Signs of poetry and literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is present at the opening of Act 2?
2. What have August and Dan discovered at the beginning of Act 2?
3. The grave of the god-king represents what to August?
4. What time is it when Dan and Chad awaken Jean in the end of Act 1?
5. What has happened to Chad's Oldsmobile in Act 2 Part 4?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)