|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dan suggest Delia write a book and title it?
(a) The Last of the Mound Builders.
(b) The Last of the Mohicans.
(c) The Dying of Blue Shoals.
(d) The Jaskerville Extinction.
2. What class, or caste of people could marry anyone within the ancient caste system?
(a) The Stinkards.
(b) The Honored Men.
(c) The Suns.
(d) The Chiefs.
3. What does Jean claim the head of the department calls Dan to his face?
(b) A child.
(c) Danny Two Shoes.
4. When does August say Delia left the house she grew up in?
(a) When she was 17.
(b) When she was 12.
(c) When she was 9.
(d) When she was 7.
5. What has happened to Chad's Oldsmobile in Act 2 Part 4?
(a) He wrecked it.
(b) It was stolen.
(c) He painted it.
(d) He sold it.
6. Who takes all of the artifacts at the end of the play?
(c) No one.
7. Why is Delia wearing "real clothes" the morning of Act 2 Part 5?
(a) She is going to visit the dig site.
(b) She is well.
(c) She is having a party.
(d) She plans on leaving today.
8. Who reveals that the interstate won't be built to Chad?
9. What is Dan painting the copper beads with to preserve them in Act 2 Part 4?
(b) Nail polish.
10. Who does Chad take by the neck, claiming you can kill someone, by twisting it "in the right place?"
11. What had Dan mentioned celebrating the discovery of the god-king to Jean with?
(a) A mescaline trip.
(b) A fishing trip.
(c) A party.
(d) A case of beer.
12. What literary term defines August's statement of blindness to the passing moon?
(d) Poetic metaphor.
13. Who is the professor who taught Delia's book in Dan's college class?
(a) Dr. Landau.
(b) Dr. Howe.
(c) Dr. Levins.
(d) Dr. Smith.
14. What does Dan put on that makes Jean upset in Act 2?
(a) A silver ring.
(b) The copper beads.
(c) A feather headdress.
(d) The death mask.
15. What do Chad and Dan argue over the risk of in Act 1 Part 7?
(a) Mixing beer and whiskey.
(b) Mixing beer and milk.
(c) Mixing whiskey with wine.
(d) Mixing beer with marijuana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is found in the dark wearing the god-king mask in Act 2 Part 5?
2. What does August accuse Chad of after the discovery at the dig?
3. What have August and Dan discovered at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What does Dan rush in exclaiming to Jean in Act 2 Part 4?
5. Who gives an angry speech about Mr. Cochise, who was the creator of the awl-bone tool found at the site?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)