|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does August say to the recorder that they left the house for the last time?
(a) August 8.
(b) September 1.
(c) July 7.
(d) October 12.
2. What word does August repeat several times at the end of Act 2 Part 3?
3. What literary term defines August's statement of blindness to the passing moon?
(b) Poetic metaphor.
4. Dan states that there's a law - "since 1954 - in this state - against" what?
(a) Disturbing Tribal burial grounds.
(b) Abandoning a wrecked vehicle.
(c) Threatening a man's wife.
(d) Public-funded transportation defacing Indian monuments.
5. What have August and Dan discovered at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A gold sceptor.
(b) A mask.
(c) A burial site.
(d) A child's skeleton.
6. Who enters to get a glass of milk at the end of Act 1?
7. In Act 1 Part 7, August shows a slide photo of a man and says he's "the wise old bird who owns the place." Who is it?
(a) Mr. Shoals.
(b) Mr. Mills.
(c) Old Man Jasker.
(d) Chad Jasker.
8. In Act 2 Part 3, what does August claim is taken up "to blind him to the passing moon?"
(c) A wife.
(d) A man's life work.
9. Who is the professor who taught Delia's book in Dan's college class?
(a) Dr. Landau.
(b) Dr. Smith.
(c) Dr. Howe.
(d) Dr. Levins.
10. What does Dan suggest Delia write a book and title it?
(a) The Dying of Blue Shoals.
(b) The Last of the Mound Builders.
(c) The Last of the Mohicans.
(d) The Jaskerville Extinction.
11. What does August say to Delia at the end of Act 2 Part 4, as a means of lashing out at her?
(a) That he wished she were dead.
(b) That he always hated her.
(c) That their father never cared about her writing.
(d) That she was adopted.
12. Who suggests Jean call the County Sheriff in Act 2 Part 5?
13. What is the life expectancy of the villagers where the dig is taking place?
14. What does Cynthia do with the film of photographs of the artifacts in Act 2?
(a) She gives it to Chad.
(b) She gives it to August.
(c) She unravels it.
(d) She throws it into the lake.
15. Who is mentioned by Cynthia is planning on driving down in the morning after the discovery?
(a) John Wilmore.
(b) Dr. Lefitt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes all of the artifacts at the end of the play?
2. What does August say to the recorder in Act 2 Part 3 is "becoming an enemy to thought?"
3. What do Chad and Dan argue over the risk of in Act 1 Part 7?
4. When Dan and Chad arrive drunk in Act 1 Part 7, who is silently sitting in the room?
5. Why is it suggested that Jean call the Sheriff in Act 2 Part 5?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)