|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does August say was found in the lake in Act 2 Part 5?
(a) Dan's body.
(b) Chad's body.
(c) The god-king mask.
(d) An oar from Chad's boat.
2. What does Dan say the God-King dressed in?
(a) Golden jewelry.
(b) Eagles feathers.
(c) Animal hides.
(d) Swan feathers.
3. What is the life expectancy of the villagers where the dig is taking place?
4. Who is the professor who taught Delia's book in Dan's college class?
(a) Dr. Smith.
(b) Dr. Levins.
(c) Dr. Howe.
(d) Dr. Landau.
5. Who reveals that the interstate won't be built to Chad?
6. What does Dan suggest Delia write a book and title it?
(a) The Last of the Mohicans.
(b) The Jaskerville Extinction.
(c) The Last of the Mound Builders.
(d) The Dying of Blue Shoals.
7. What does Dan rush in exclaiming to Jean in Act 2 Part 4?
(a) The dam has flooded.
(b) They've discovered the great temple.
(c) They have lost everything.
(d) They've found the grave of a god-king.
8. Who suggests the tribal people might have been cannibals?
9. What does August say to Delia at the end of Act 2 Part 4, as a means of lashing out at her?
(a) That she was adopted.
(b) That he always hated her.
(c) That he wished she were dead.
(d) That their father never cared about her writing.
10. What kind of seeds does Kirsten find in the sifter in Act 2?
11. What literary term defines August's statement of blindness to the passing moon?
(b) Poetic metaphor.
12. What is Dan painting the copper beads with to preserve them in Act 2 Part 4?
(b) Nail polish.
13. What does Delia consider her most serious "sin" to be?
(a) Humiliating herself.
14. When does August say Delia left the house she grew up in?
(a) When she was 9.
(b) When she was 17.
(c) When she was 7.
(d) When she was 12.
15. In Act 1 Part 7, August shows a slide photo of a man and says he's "the wise old bird who owns the place." Who is it?
(a) Old Man Jasker.
(b) Chad Jasker.
(c) Mr. Mills.
(d) Mr. Shoals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters to get a glass of milk at the end of Act 1?
2. Why is Delia wearing "real clothes" the morning of Act 2 Part 5?
3. What do Chad and Dan argue over the risk of in Act 1 Part 7?
4. What was the bone awl that August displays made from?
5. Who is August with in Act 2 Part 3?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)