|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is present at the opening of Act 2?
(a) Everyone except Kirsten.
(b) Dan, Chad and Kirsten.
(c) Cynthia, Jean and Dan.
(d) August and Delia.
2. What is the life expectancy of the villagers where the dig is taking place?
3. What does Delia ask Jean to do at the very end of Act 1?
(a) To leave her alone.
(b) To make her a drink.
(c) To turn off the lights.
(d) To close the door.
4. In Act 1 Part 7, August shows a slide photo of a man and says he's "the wise old bird who owns the place." Who is it?
(a) Mr. Mills.
(b) Chad Jasker.
(c) Mr. Shoals.
(d) Old Man Jasker.
5. Who enters to get a glass of milk at the end of Act 1?
6. Where does Dan take the archeology students in Act 2?
(a) To a cave.
(b) To a motel.
(c) To the dig site.
(d) To his boat.
7. What does Dan suggest Delia write a book and title it?
(a) The Last of the Mohicans.
(b) The Dying of Blue Shoals.
(c) The Jaskerville Extinction.
(d) The Last of the Mound Builders.
8. How many mounds does August claim have been opened in North American discovery?
9. August refers to the dig as what in Act 2 Part 3?
(a) The greatest acheivement of his life.
(b) A salvage operation in which we salvaged nothing.
(c) A miserable failure.
(d) The curse that cost him his marriage.
10. What does Delia compare the novel she wrote to in Act 2?
(a) A riddle.
(b) A Russian doll.
(c) All of the answers are true.
(d) A Chinese puzzle box.
11. Which character says, "I wouldn't be a man. Not and carry all the dumbfounding load they've saddled themselves with?"
12. What kind of seeds does Kirsten find in the sifter in Act 2?
13. What does August say to Delia at the end of Act 2 Part 4, as a means of lashing out at her?
(a) That she was adopted.
(b) That their father never cared about her writing.
(c) That he wished she were dead.
(d) That he always hated her.
14. What does August say has never been discovered from Mississippian Culture?
(a) Indications of cannibalism.
(b) The grave of a god-king.
(c) An altar.
(d) Signs of poetry and literature.
15. What is the mask that's been discovered made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chad take by the neck, claiming you can kill someone, by twisting it "in the right place?"
2. What class, or caste of people could marry anyone within the ancient caste system?
3. What is the last image we see in the play?
4. What does Dan say the God-King dressed in?
5. Who is the professor who taught Delia's book in Dan's college class?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)