|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Delia say was in the "last box" of her novel?
(a) A lie.
(b) Another book.
(c) The truth.
(d) Her father.
2. Who suggests the tribal people might have been cannibals?
3. August states in Act 2 Part 3 to the recorder that at one time he had a doctorate in one hand and what in the other?
(a) A trowel.
(c) A book.
(d) A wedding ring.
4. What has happened to Chad's Oldsmobile in Act 2 Part 4?
(a) He sold it.
(b) It was stolen.
(c) He wrecked it.
(d) He painted it.
5. What does Dan put on that makes Jean upset in Act 2?
(a) A feather headdress.
(b) The copper beads.
(c) A silver ring.
(d) The death mask.
6. Dan says that in 1500 a tribe ended up in Mississippi. What were they called?
(a) The Mohicans.
(b) The Chantawks.
(c) The Cherokee.
(d) The Natchez.
7. When Dan and Chad arrive drunk in Act 1 Part 7, who is silently sitting in the room?
8. Who does August speak to in Act 2 Part 3?
9. What do Chad and Dan argue over the risk of in Act 1 Part 7?
(a) Mixing whiskey with wine.
(b) Mixing beer and whiskey.
(c) Mixing beer with marijuana.
(d) Mixing beer and milk.
10. What was the bone awl that August displays made from?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A turkey.
(d) A rabbit.
11. Who comes to the house looking for Dan in Act 3 Part 5?
(a) The archeology students.
12. August encounters a slide of himself in Act 2 Part 3. Where is he in the photograph?
(a) The excavation site.
(b) His wedding.
(c) A funeral.
(d) His college graduation.
13. Dan states that there's a law - "since 1954 - in this state - against" what?
(a) Public-funded transportation defacing Indian monuments.
(b) Disturbing Tribal burial grounds.
(c) Abandoning a wrecked vehicle.
(d) Threatening a man's wife.
14. What is the last image we see in the play?
(a) August standing alone.
(b) A slide of Dan.
(c) The lake.
(d) The view of the house.
15. Why does Dan say he jumped into the water in the end of Act 1?
(a) To see if Chad would save him.
(b) To test his life jacket.
(c) For fun.
(d) To catch the fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the professor who taught Delia's book in Dan's college class?
2. What does Delia consider her most serious "sin" to be?
3. How many mounds does August claim have been opened in North American discovery?
4. Which character says, "I wouldn't be a man. Not and carry all the dumbfounding load they've saddled themselves with?"
5. In Act 1 Part 7, August shows a slide photo of a man and says he's "the wise old bird who owns the place." Who is it?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)