|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Delia wearing "real clothes" the morning of Act 2 Part 5?
(a) She is well.
(b) She is having a party.
(c) She is going to visit the dig site.
(d) She plans on leaving today.
2. What kind of seeds does Kirsten find in the sifter in Act 2?
3. What was the bone awl that August displays made from?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A turkey.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A rabbit.
4. What is being examined at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A slide.
(b) A polaroid.
(c) A shovel.
(d) The lake.
5. Who enters to get a glass of milk at the end of Act 1?
6. Dan says that in 1500 a tribe ended up in Mississippi. What were they called?
(a) The Chantawks.
(b) The Cherokee.
(c) The Mohicans.
(d) The Natchez.
7. What is the top caste that Dan and August speak of for the ancient people?
(a) The Honored Men.
(b) The Suns.
(c) The Nobles.
(d) The Chiefs.
8. August states in Act 2 Part 3 to the recorder that at one time he had a doctorate in one hand and what in the other?
(a) A trowel.
(c) A wedding ring.
(d) A book.
9. What does August accuse Chad of after the discovery at the dig?
(a) Being a fool.
(b) Cheating with his wife.
(c) Cheating him of money.
(d) Being only concerned with making a profit.
10. What have August and Dan discovered at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A gold sceptor.
(b) A child's skeleton.
(c) A burial site.
(d) A mask.
11. How many mounds does August claim have been opened in North American discovery?
12. Who suggests the tribal people might have been cannibals?
13. Which character says, "I owe him my life, he's not got anything on me?"
14. Which character says, "I wouldn't be a man. Not and carry all the dumbfounding load they've saddled themselves with?"
15. Dan states that there's a law - "since 1954 - in this state - against" what?
(a) Threatening a man's wife.
(b) Abandoning a wrecked vehicle.
(c) Disturbing Tribal burial grounds.
(d) Public-funded transportation defacing Indian monuments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is found in the dark wearing the god-king mask in Act 2 Part 5?
2. Who reveals that the interstate won't be built to Chad?
3. What literary term defines August's statement of blindness to the passing moon?
4. What does August say has never been discovered from Mississippian Culture?
5. Why does Dan say he jumped into the water in the end of Act 1?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)