|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. August states in Act 2 Part 3 to the recorder that at one time he had a doctorate in one hand and what in the other?
(a) A book.
(b) A trowel.
(d) A wedding ring.
2. Who suggests the tribal people might have been cannibals?
3. Who persistently chases after Jean in Act 2, despite her protestations?
4. What does Delia compare the novel she wrote to in Act 2?
(a) A Chinese puzzle box.
(b) A riddle.
(c) A Russian doll.
(d) All of the answers are true.
5. What do Chad and Dan argue over the risk of in Act 1 Part 7?
(a) Mixing beer and whiskey.
(b) Mixing whiskey with wine.
(c) Mixing beer and milk.
(d) Mixing beer with marijuana.
6. What has happened to Chad's Oldsmobile in Act 2 Part 4?
(a) He painted it.
(b) He wrecked it.
(c) He sold it.
(d) It was stolen.
7. What does Jean claim the head of the department calls Dan to his face?
(a) Danny Two Shoes.
(c) A child.
8. What is the life expectancy of the villagers where the dig is taking place?
9. Why is Delia wearing "real clothes" the morning of Act 2 Part 5?
(a) She plans on leaving today.
(b) She is well.
(c) She is having a party.
(d) She is going to visit the dig site.
10. Who is August with in Act 2 Part 3?
(c) No one.
11. What is the last image we see in the play?
(a) A slide of Dan.
(b) The view of the house.
(c) August standing alone.
(d) The lake.
12. What is being examined at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A shovel.
(b) The lake.
(c) A slide.
(d) A polaroid.
13. What is the mask that's been discovered made of?
14. Who reveals that the interstate won't be built to Chad?
15. What does Dan say the God-King dressed in?
(a) Eagles feathers.
(b) Swan feathers.
(c) Animal hides.
(d) Golden jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delia consider her most serious "sin" to be?
2. What time is it when Dan and Chad awaken Jean in the end of Act 1?
3. What had Dan mentioned celebrating the discovery of the god-king to Jean with?
4. Who is present at the opening of Act 2?
5. What does Chad learn about Jean in Act 2 Part 4?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)