|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives an angry speech about Mr. Cochise, who was the creator of the awl-bone tool found at the site?
2. Who is present at the opening of Act 2?
(a) August and Delia.
(b) Everyone except Kirsten.
(c) Cynthia, Jean and Dan.
(d) Dan, Chad and Kirsten.
3. Why does Dan say he jumped into the water in the end of Act 1?
(a) For fun.
(b) To see if Chad would save him.
(c) To catch the fish.
(d) To test his life jacket.
4. What does Dan say the God-King dressed in?
(a) Eagles feathers.
(b) Animal hides.
(c) Golden jewelry.
(d) Swan feathers.
5. What was the bone awl that August displays made from?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A turkey.
(d) A rabbit.
6. What does Delia do to calm down the hysterical Jean in Act 2?
(a) She slaps her.
(b) She makes her a drink.
(c) She calls for Cynthia.
(d) She takes her outside.
7. In Act 2 Part 3, what does August claim is taken up "to blind him to the passing moon?"
(a) A man's life work.
(b) A wife.
8. When Dan and Chad arrive drunk in Act 1 Part 7, who is silently sitting in the room?
9. How big does Dan say the bass they caught is?
(a) Twelve pounds.
(b) Six pounds.
(c) Seven pounds.
(d) Nine pounds.
10. Who enters to get a glass of milk at the end of Act 1?
11. Who reveals that the interstate won't be built to Chad?
12. Who is mentioned by Cynthia is planning on driving down in the morning after the discovery?
(c) Dr. Lefitt.
(d) John Wilmore.
13. What does Delia consider her most serious "sin" to be?
(c) Humiliating herself.
14. When does August say to the recorder that they left the house for the last time?
(a) September 1.
(b) August 8.
(c) July 7.
(d) October 12.
15. What is the top caste that Dan and August speak of for the ancient people?
(a) The Nobles.
(b) The Suns.
(c) The Honored Men.
(d) The Chiefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary term defines August's statement of blindness to the passing moon?
2. What is the mask that's been discovered made of?
3. Which character says, "I wouldn't be a man. Not and carry all the dumbfounding load they've saddled themselves with?"
4. What does Jean claim the head of the department calls Dan to his face?
5. What does August say about the lake in the beginning of Act 2 Part 2?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)