|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does August accuse Chad of after the discovery at the dig?
(a) Cheating him of money.
(b) Cheating with his wife.
(c) Being only concerned with making a profit.
(d) Being a fool.
2. Why does Dan say he jumped into the water in the end of Act 1?
(a) To catch the fish.
(b) To test his life jacket.
(c) To see if Chad would save him.
(d) For fun.
3. What does Cynthia do with the film of photographs of the artifacts in Act 2?
(a) She gives it to August.
(b) She gives it to Chad.
(c) She throws it into the lake.
(d) She unravels it.
4. What does Chad learn about Jean in Act 2 Part 4?
(a) That she's married.
(b) That she has written a book.
(c) That she's in love with him.
(d) That she's pregnant.
5. In Act 1 Part 7, August shows a slide photo of a man and says he's "the wise old bird who owns the place." Who is it?
(a) Mr. Mills.
(b) Chad Jasker.
(c) Old Man Jasker.
(d) Mr. Shoals.
6. Why is it suggested that Jean call the Sheriff in Act 2 Part 5?
(a) Chad is missing.
(b) The dig is destroyed.
(c) The artifacts are stolen.
(d) Dan is missing.
7. Who enters to get a glass of milk at the end of Act 1?
8. What kind of seeds does Kirsten find in the sifter in Act 2?
9. Who is August with in Act 2 Part 3?
(d) No one.
10. How many mounds does August claim have been opened in North American discovery?
11. What is Dan painting the copper beads with to preserve them in Act 2 Part 4?
(b) Nail polish.
12. What does Dan say the God-King dressed in?
(a) Eagles feathers.
(b) Animal hides.
(c) Golden jewelry.
(d) Swan feathers.
13. Who is mentioned by Cynthia is planning on driving down in the morning after the discovery?
(b) Dr. Lefitt.
(c) John Wilmore.
14. What is the life expectancy of the villagers where the dig is taking place?
15. August encounters a slide of himself in Act 2 Part 3. Where is he in the photograph?
(a) The excavation site.
(b) His wedding.
(c) A funeral.
(d) His college graduation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dan take the archeology students in Act 2?
2. Why is Delia wearing "real clothes" the morning of Act 2 Part 5?
3. August states in Act 2 Part 3 to the recorder that at one time he had a doctorate in one hand and what in the other?
4. What does Delia consider her most serious "sin" to be?
5. Which character says, "I owe him my life, he's not got anything on me?"
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)