|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last image we see in the play?
(a) A slide of Dan.
(b) The lake.
(c) The view of the house.
(d) August standing alone.
2. What does Jean claim the head of the department calls Dan to his face?
(b) A child.
(d) Danny Two Shoes.
3. Who suggests the tribal people might have been cannibals?
4. Who is found in the dark wearing the god-king mask in Act 2 Part 5?
5. Who is mentioned by Cynthia is planning on driving down in the morning after the discovery?
(c) Dr. Lefitt.
(d) John Wilmore.
6. What do Chad and Dan argue over the risk of in Act 1 Part 7?
(a) Mixing beer and milk.
(b) Mixing beer with marijuana.
(c) Mixing whiskey with wine.
(d) Mixing beer and whiskey.
7. Who gives an angry speech about Mr. Cochise, who was the creator of the awl-bone tool found at the site?
8. In Act 1 Part 7, August shows a slide photo of a man and says he's "the wise old bird who owns the place." Who is it?
(a) Mr. Mills.
(b) Old Man Jasker.
(c) Chad Jasker.
(d) Mr. Shoals.
9. Why is it suggested that Jean call the Sheriff in Act 2 Part 5?
(a) Dan is missing.
(b) The artifacts are stolen.
(c) Chad is missing.
(d) The dig is destroyed.
10. Why do Dan and August leave to go back to the dig site at the end of Act 2 Part 1?
(a) To cover it with tarps from the rain.
(b) To look for more artifacts.
(c) To hide their findings.
(d) To protect it from looters.
11. Why is Delia wearing "real clothes" the morning of Act 2 Part 5?
(a) She is going to visit the dig site.
(b) She plans on leaving today.
(c) She is having a party.
(d) She is well.
12. In Act 2 Part 3, what does August claim is taken up "to blind him to the passing moon?"
(c) A man's life work.
(d) A wife.
13. Who does August speak to in Act 2 Part 3?
14. What time is it when Dan and Chad awaken Jean in the end of Act 1?
(a) 2:30 a.m.
(b) 1:30 a.m.
(c) 3:00 a.m.
(d) 2:00 a.m.
15. The grave of the god-king represents what to August?
(a) The beginning of a new life.
(b) His greatest disappointment.
(c) The end of the lake construction.
(d) The most important find in 40-years' work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does August accuse Chad of after the discovery at the dig?
2. What does August say has never been discovered from Mississippian Culture?
3. What was the bone awl that August displays made from?
4. Who enters to get a glass of milk at the end of Act 1?
5. What does Dan say the God-King dressed in?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)