|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the professor who taught Delia's book in Dan's college class?
(a) Dr. Levins.
(b) Dr. Smith.
(c) Dr. Landau.
(d) Dr. Howe.
2. What does Delia say was in the "last box" of her novel?
(a) A lie.
(b) Her father.
(c) Another book.
(d) The truth.
3. Dan says that in 1500 a tribe ended up in Mississippi. What were they called?
(a) The Chantawks.
(b) The Cherokee.
(c) The Mohicans.
(d) The Natchez.
4. Who comes to the house looking for Dan in Act 3 Part 5?
(b) The archeology students.
5. Where does Dan take the archeology students in Act 2?
(a) To a motel.
(b) To a cave.
(c) To his boat.
(d) To the dig site.
6. What does August say has never been discovered from Mississippian Culture?
(a) Signs of poetry and literature.
(b) Indications of cannibalism.
(c) An altar.
(d) The grave of a god-king.
7. Which character says, "I wouldn't be a man. Not and carry all the dumbfounding load they've saddled themselves with?"
8. What does Chad learn about Jean in Act 2 Part 4?
(a) That she's married.
(b) That she's in love with him.
(c) That she has written a book.
(d) That she's pregnant.
9. What does Jean claim the head of the department calls Dan to his face?
(a) Danny Two Shoes.
(b) A child.
10. What do Chad and Dan argue over the risk of in Act 1 Part 7?
(a) Mixing whiskey with wine.
(b) Mixing beer with marijuana.
(c) Mixing beer and milk.
(d) Mixing beer and whiskey.
11. In Act 1 Part 7, August shows a slide photo of a man and says he's "the wise old bird who owns the place." Who is it?
(a) Mr. Mills.
(b) Old Man Jasker.
(c) Mr. Shoals.
(d) Chad Jasker.
12. What does August accuse Chad of after the discovery at the dig?
(a) Cheating with his wife.
(b) Cheating him of money.
(c) Being only concerned with making a profit.
(d) Being a fool.
13. What word does August repeat several times at the end of Act 2 Part 3?
14. What does Dan say the God-King dressed in?
(a) Eagles feathers.
(b) Golden jewelry.
(c) Swan feathers.
(d) Animal hides.
15. The grave of the god-king represents what to August?
(a) His greatest disappointment.
(b) The end of the lake construction.
(c) The most important find in 40-years' work.
(d) The beginning of a new life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Delia wearing "real clothes" the morning of Act 2 Part 5?
2. What does August say about the lake in the beginning of Act 2 Part 2?
3. What literary term defines August's statement of blindness to the passing moon?
4. What does the Chinese proverb say that Jean quotes?
5. What is the life expectancy of the villagers where the dig is taking place?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)