|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. August encounters a slide of himself in Act 2 Part 3. Where is he in the photograph?
(a) A funeral.
(b) His wedding.
(c) The excavation site.
(d) His college graduation.
2. Who reveals that the interstate won't be built to Chad?
3. Where does Dan take the archeology students in Act 2?
(a) To the dig site.
(b) To a motel.
(c) To his boat.
(d) To a cave.
4. How does Dan almost drown the previous summer?
(a) A fish pulled him under.
(b) He was knocked out by an oar.
(c) Chad pushed him off the pier.
(d) He fell out of the boat drunk.
5. How many mounds does August claim have been opened in North American discovery?
6. What does August say about the lake in the beginning of Act 2 Part 2?
(a) It kept rising every day.
(b) It was a curse.
(c) It would not be built.
(d) It had flooded the dig site.
7. What is being examined at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A slide.
(c) The lake.
(d) A polaroid.
8. What does Dan put on that makes Jean upset in Act 2?
(a) A silver ring.
(b) The copper beads.
(c) The death mask.
(d) A feather headdress.
9. What was the bone awl that August displays made from?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A turkey.
(d) A coyote.
10. When Dan and Chad arrive drunk in Act 1 Part 7, who is silently sitting in the room?
11. What does August say to the recorder in Act 2 Part 3 is "becoming an enemy to thought?"
12. What does Delia ask Jean to do at the very end of Act 1?
(a) To close the door.
(b) To leave her alone.
(c) To turn off the lights.
(d) To make her a drink.
13. Who suggests Jean call the County Sheriff in Act 2 Part 5?
14. What does Delia consider her most serious "sin" to be?
(d) Humiliating herself.
15. Who is mentioned by Cynthia is planning on driving down in the morning after the discovery?
(a) Dr. Lefitt.
(d) John Wilmore.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1 Part 7, August shows a slide photo of a man and says he's "the wise old bird who owns the place." Who is it?
2. Who is August with in Act 2 Part 3?
3. What is the life expectancy of the villagers where the dig is taking place?
4. What does August say to Delia at the end of Act 2 Part 4, as a means of lashing out at her?
5. Who enters to get a glass of milk at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)