|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dan put on that makes Jean upset in Act 2?
(a) The copper beads.
(b) The death mask.
(c) A silver ring.
(d) A feather headdress.
2. August states in Act 2 Part 3 to the recorder that at one time he had a doctorate in one hand and what in the other?
(a) A wedding ring.
(c) A book.
(d) A trowel.
3. What does August say to Delia at the end of Act 2 Part 4, as a means of lashing out at her?
(a) That their father never cared about her writing.
(b) That he wished she were dead.
(c) That he always hated her.
(d) That she was adopted.
4. What does Delia do to calm down the hysterical Jean in Act 2?
(a) She calls for Cynthia.
(b) She slaps her.
(c) She makes her a drink.
(d) She takes her outside.
5. Why do Dan and August leave to go back to the dig site at the end of Act 2 Part 1?
(a) To protect it from looters.
(b) To hide their findings.
(c) To look for more artifacts.
(d) To cover it with tarps from the rain.
6. Which character says, "I wouldn't be a man. Not and carry all the dumbfounding load they've saddled themselves with?"
7. What is the life expectancy of the villagers where the dig is taking place?
8. Why is Delia wearing "real clothes" the morning of Act 2 Part 5?
(a) She plans on leaving today.
(b) She is well.
(c) She is going to visit the dig site.
(d) She is having a party.
9. What time is it when Dan and Chad awaken Jean in the end of Act 1?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 2:30 a.m.
(c) 2:00 a.m.
(d) 1:30 a.m.
10. Who is August with in Act 2 Part 3?
(d) No one.
11. When does August say Delia left the house she grew up in?
(a) When she was 9.
(b) When she was 12.
(c) When she was 17.
(d) When she was 7.
12. What does Jean claim the head of the department calls Dan to his face?
(b) A child.
(c) Danny Two Shoes.
13. When does August say to the recorder that they left the house for the last time?
(a) October 12.
(b) September 1.
(c) July 7.
(d) August 8.
14. What does Dan say the God-King dressed in?
(a) Swan feathers.
(b) Golden jewelry.
(c) Eagles feathers.
(d) Animal hides.
15. What does August say has never been discovered from Mississippian Culture?
(a) The grave of a god-king.
(b) An altar.
(c) Signs of poetry and literature.
(d) Indications of cannibalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delia compare the novel she wrote to in Act 2?
2. What does August say was found in the lake in Act 2 Part 5?
3. What has happened to Chad's Oldsmobile in Act 2 Part 4?
4. What was the bone awl that August displays made from?
5. Who comes to the house looking for Dan in Act 3 Part 5?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)