|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does August accuse Chad of after the discovery at the dig?
(a) Cheating with his wife.
(b) Being only concerned with making a profit.
(c) Being a fool.
(d) Cheating him of money.
2. What kind of seeds does Kirsten find in the sifter in Act 2?
3. Whom does Delia refer to as a hustler in Act 2?
4. Who gives an angry speech about Mr. Cochise, who was the creator of the awl-bone tool found at the site?
5. When does August say Delia left the house she grew up in?
(a) When she was 17.
(b) When she was 7.
(c) When she was 9.
(d) When she was 12.
6. What is the top caste that Dan and August speak of for the ancient people?
(a) The Honored Men.
(b) The Chiefs.
(c) The Suns.
(d) The Nobles.
7. Who is found in the dark wearing the god-king mask in Act 2 Part 5?
8. What does Dan rush in exclaiming to Jean in Act 2 Part 4?
(a) They have lost everything.
(b) They've discovered the great temple.
(c) They've found the grave of a god-king.
(d) The dam has flooded.
9. What literary term defines August's statement of blindness to the passing moon?
(b) Poetic metaphor.
10. Who does Chad take by the neck, claiming you can kill someone, by twisting it "in the right place?"
11. Who suggests the tribal people might have been cannibals?
12. Who is present at the opening of Act 2?
(a) Dan, Chad and Kirsten.
(b) Cynthia, Jean and Dan.
(c) August and Delia.
(d) Everyone except Kirsten.
13. What is the mask that's been discovered made of?
14. How does Dan almost drown the previous summer?
(a) He was knocked out by an oar.
(b) A fish pulled him under.
(c) Chad pushed him off the pier.
(d) He fell out of the boat drunk.
15. What does August say about the lake in the beginning of Act 2 Part 2?
(a) It kept rising every day.
(b) It had flooded the dig site.
(c) It was a curse.
(d) It would not be built.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delia do to calm down the hysterical Jean in Act 2?
2. August states in Act 2 Part 3 to the recorder that at one time he had a doctorate in one hand and what in the other?
3. In Act 1 Part 7, August shows a slide photo of a man and says he's "the wise old bird who owns the place." Who is it?
4. Why is it suggested that Jean call the Sheriff in Act 2 Part 5?
5. What does August say was found in the lake in Act 2 Part 5?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)