|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests Jean call the County Sheriff in Act 2 Part 5?
2. Who comes to the house looking for Dan in Act 3 Part 5?
(c) The archeology students.
3. Who suggests the tribal people might have been cannibals?
4. What does the Chinese proverb say that Jean quotes?
(a) If you save a man from drowning, you're responsible for him the rest of his life.
(b) You never step into the same river twice.
(c) A person is blessed once, but his troubles never come alone.
(d) A drop of water shall be returned with a burst of spring.
5. What is the mask that's been discovered made of?
6. Who is mentioned by Cynthia is planning on driving down in the morning after the discovery?
(a) John Wilmore.
(b) Dr. Lefitt.
7. What does Delia ask Jean to do at the very end of Act 1?
(a) To make her a drink.
(b) To turn off the lights.
(c) To leave her alone.
(d) To close the door.
8. August encounters a slide of himself in Act 2 Part 3. Where is he in the photograph?
(a) A funeral.
(b) His wedding.
(c) The excavation site.
(d) His college graduation.
9. Who gives an angry speech about Mr. Cochise, who was the creator of the awl-bone tool found at the site?
10. Which character says, "I owe him my life, he's not got anything on me?"
11. What does Dan suggest Delia write a book and title it?
(a) The Jaskerville Extinction.
(b) The Last of the Mound Builders.
(c) The Dying of Blue Shoals.
(d) The Last of the Mohicans.
12. Which character says, "I wouldn't be a man. Not and carry all the dumbfounding load they've saddled themselves with?"
13. What does August accuse Chad of after the discovery at the dig?
(a) Cheating with his wife.
(b) Being a fool.
(c) Being only concerned with making a profit.
(d) Cheating him of money.
14. Who persistently chases after Jean in Act 2, despite her protestations?
15. What does Jean claim the head of the department calls Dan to his face?
(a) A child.
(d) Danny Two Shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2 Part 3, what does August claim is taken up "to blind him to the passing moon?"
2. What literary term defines August's statement of blindness to the passing moon?
3. How big does Dan say the bass they caught is?
4. Dan states that there's a law - "since 1954 - in this state - against" what?
5. What does August say to Delia at the end of Act 2 Part 4, as a means of lashing out at her?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)