|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Dan mentioned celebrating the discovery of the god-king to Jean with?
(a) A fishing trip.
(b) A mescaline trip.
(c) A party.
(d) A case of beer.
2. What does Delia do to calm down the hysterical Jean in Act 2?
(a) She slaps her.
(b) She makes her a drink.
(c) She takes her outside.
(d) She calls for Cynthia.
3. Who is August with in Act 2 Part 3?
(d) No one.
4. What is being examined at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A slide.
(b) A polaroid.
(c) A shovel.
(d) The lake.
5. What does August say was found in the lake in Act 2 Part 5?
(a) Chad's body.
(b) The god-king mask.
(c) An oar from Chad's boat.
(d) Dan's body.
6. Who reveals that the interstate won't be built to Chad?
7. What does Dan put on that makes Jean upset in Act 2?
(a) The copper beads.
(b) The death mask.
(c) A feather headdress.
(d) A silver ring.
8. Who takes all of the artifacts at the end of the play?
(b) No one.
9. When does August say Delia left the house she grew up in?
(a) When she was 17.
(b) When she was 12.
(c) When she was 7.
(d) When she was 9.
10. What does the Chinese proverb say that Jean quotes?
(a) A drop of water shall be returned with a burst of spring.
(b) A person is blessed once, but his troubles never come alone.
(c) If you save a man from drowning, you're responsible for him the rest of his life.
(d) You never step into the same river twice.
11. What is the last image we see in the play?
(a) The lake.
(b) A slide of Dan.
(c) August standing alone.
(d) The view of the house.
12. Who comes to the house looking for Dan in Act 3 Part 5?
(c) The archeology students.
13. Whom does Delia refer to as a hustler in Act 2?
14. August refers to the dig as what in Act 2 Part 3?
(a) The greatest acheivement of his life.
(b) The curse that cost him his marriage.
(c) A miserable failure.
(d) A salvage operation in which we salvaged nothing.
15. What does Delia say was in the "last box" of her novel?
(a) Another book.
(b) A lie.
(c) Her father.
(d) The truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have August and Dan discovered at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does Cynthia do with the film of photographs of the artifacts in Act 2?
3. What does Delia compare the novel she wrote to in Act 2?
4. What is Dan painting the copper beads with to preserve them in Act 2 Part 4?
5. Who is mentioned by Cynthia is planning on driving down in the morning after the discovery?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)