|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the life expectancy of the villagers where the dig is taking place?
2. August refers to the dig as what in Act 2 Part 3?
(a) A salvage operation in which we salvaged nothing.
(b) The greatest acheivement of his life.
(c) The curse that cost him his marriage.
(d) A miserable failure.
3. What does Delia compare the novel she wrote to in Act 2?
(a) All of the answers are true.
(b) A riddle.
(c) A Chinese puzzle box.
(d) A Russian doll.
4. What does August say to the recorder in Act 2 Part 3 is "becoming an enemy to thought?"
5. Who does August speak to in Act 2 Part 3?
6. Who is August with in Act 2 Part 3?
(c) No one.
7. Who is found in the dark wearing the god-king mask in Act 2 Part 5?
8. Who comes to the house looking for Dan in Act 3 Part 5?
(a) The archeology students.
9. Who enters to get a glass of milk at the end of Act 1?
10. What do Chad and Dan argue over the risk of in Act 1 Part 7?
(a) Mixing beer with marijuana.
(b) Mixing whiskey with wine.
(c) Mixing beer and whiskey.
(d) Mixing beer and milk.
11. What does Chad learn about Jean in Act 2 Part 4?
(a) That she's pregnant.
(b) That she's in love with him.
(c) That she has written a book.
(d) That she's married.
12. Which character says, "I owe him my life, he's not got anything on me?"
13. What is the last image we see in the play?
(a) A slide of Dan.
(b) The view of the house.
(c) August standing alone.
(d) The lake.
14. Dan states that there's a law - "since 1954 - in this state - against" what?
(a) Abandoning a wrecked vehicle.
(b) Public-funded transportation defacing Indian monuments.
(c) Disturbing Tribal burial grounds.
(d) Threatening a man's wife.
15. What does August say has never been discovered from Mississippian Culture?
(a) The grave of a god-king.
(b) Indications of cannibalism.
(c) Signs of poetry and literature.
(d) An altar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests Jean call the County Sheriff in Act 2 Part 5?
2. August states in Act 2 Part 3 to the recorder that at one time he had a doctorate in one hand and what in the other?
3. What does Delia consider her most serious "sin" to be?
4. What is the mask that's been discovered made of?
5. Why does Dan say he jumped into the water in the end of Act 1?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)