|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dan suggest Delia write a book and title it?
(a) The Last of the Mound Builders.
(b) The Jaskerville Extinction.
(c) The Dying of Blue Shoals.
(d) The Last of the Mohicans.
2. What is the top caste that Dan and August speak of for the ancient people?
(a) The Honored Men.
(b) The Suns.
(c) The Nobles.
(d) The Chiefs.
3. What does Delia compare the novel she wrote to in Act 2?
(a) A riddle.
(b) A Russian doll.
(c) All of the answers are true.
(d) A Chinese puzzle box.
4. What does Delia do to calm down the hysterical Jean in Act 2?
(a) She calls for Cynthia.
(b) She makes her a drink.
(c) She takes her outside.
(d) She slaps her.
5. What does August say to the recorder in Act 2 Part 3 is "becoming an enemy to thought?"
6. Why do Dan and August leave to go back to the dig site at the end of Act 2 Part 1?
(a) To cover it with tarps from the rain.
(b) To look for more artifacts.
(c) To protect it from looters.
(d) To hide their findings.
7. Why is Delia wearing "real clothes" the morning of Act 2 Part 5?
(a) She is well.
(b) She plans on leaving today.
(c) She is going to visit the dig site.
(d) She is having a party.
8. What is being examined at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A shovel.
(b) The lake.
(c) A slide.
(d) A polaroid.
9. What does Dan put on that makes Jean upset in Act 2?
(a) The copper beads.
(b) The death mask.
(c) A feather headdress.
(d) A silver ring.
10. What is the mask that's been discovered made of?
11. Why is it suggested that Jean call the Sheriff in Act 2 Part 5?
(a) Dan is missing.
(b) The dig is destroyed.
(c) Chad is missing.
(d) The artifacts are stolen.
12. Which character says, "I wouldn't be a man. Not and carry all the dumbfounding load they've saddled themselves with?"
13. What does the Chinese proverb say that Jean quotes?
(a) A drop of water shall be returned with a burst of spring.
(b) If you save a man from drowning, you're responsible for him the rest of his life.
(c) A person is blessed once, but his troubles never come alone.
(d) You never step into the same river twice.
14. Dan says that in 1500 a tribe ended up in Mississippi. What were they called?
(a) The Mohicans.
(b) The Natchez.
(c) The Cherokee.
(d) The Chantawks.
15. What is Dan painting the copper beads with to preserve them in Act 2 Part 4?
(d) Nail polish.
Short Answer Questions
1. August states in Act 2 Part 3 to the recorder that at one time he had a doctorate in one hand and what in the other?
2. What does Jean claim the head of the department calls Dan to his face?
3. Who reveals that the interstate won't be built to Chad?
4. When does August say Delia left the house she grew up in?
5. What does August say to Delia at the end of Act 2 Part 4, as a means of lashing out at her?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)