|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. August encounters a slide of himself in Act 2 Part 3. Where is he in the photograph?
(a) His college graduation.
(b) A funeral.
(c) The excavation site.
(d) His wedding.
2. The grave of the god-king represents what to August?
(a) The end of the lake construction.
(b) The beginning of a new life.
(c) His greatest disappointment.
(d) The most important find in 40-years' work.
3. What is the last image we see in the play?
(a) The lake.
(b) A slide of Dan.
(c) The view of the house.
(d) August standing alone.
4. What class, or caste of people could marry anyone within the ancient caste system?
(a) The Chiefs.
(b) The Suns.
(c) The Honored Men.
(d) The Stinkards.
5. Who is the professor who taught Delia's book in Dan's college class?
(a) Dr. Levins.
(b) Dr. Smith.
(c) Dr. Landau.
(d) Dr. Howe.
6. What does August say to Delia at the end of Act 2 Part 4, as a means of lashing out at her?
(a) That he always hated her.
(b) That their father never cared about her writing.
(c) That he wished she were dead.
(d) That she was adopted.
7. What does August say was found in the lake in Act 2 Part 5?
(a) Chad's body.
(b) An oar from Chad's boat.
(c) The god-king mask.
(d) Dan's body.
8. Whom does Delia refer to as a hustler in Act 2?
9. What does the Chinese proverb say that Jean quotes?
(a) A person is blessed once, but his troubles never come alone.
(b) If you save a man from drowning, you're responsible for him the rest of his life.
(c) You never step into the same river twice.
(d) A drop of water shall be returned with a burst of spring.
10. When Dan and Chad arrive drunk in Act 1 Part 7, who is silently sitting in the room?
11. Where does Dan take the archeology students in Act 2?
(a) To a motel.
(b) To his boat.
(c) To a cave.
(d) To the dig site.
12. Who is August with in Act 2 Part 3?
(a) No one.
13. Which character says, "I owe him my life, he's not got anything on me?"
14. What is the top caste that Dan and August speak of for the ancient people?
(a) The Nobles.
(b) The Honored Men.
(c) The Chiefs.
(d) The Suns.
15. Who suggests Jean call the County Sheriff in Act 2 Part 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is mentioned by Cynthia is planning on driving down in the morning after the discovery?
2. What literary term defines August's statement of blindness to the passing moon?
3. In Act 1 Part 7, August shows a slide photo of a man and says he's "the wise old bird who owns the place." Who is it?
4. What does August accuse Chad of after the discovery at the dig?
5. Who is present at the opening of Act 2?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)