|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Delia claims in Act 1 to have a terror of what?
(b) Gathering moss.
2. Where does Jean develop an interest in medicine?
(a) From her grandmother.
(b) A mental institution.
(c) At a camp.
(d) In school.
3. Jean says to Delia that the Temple Mound People were likely runaways from whom?
(a) The Toltecs.
(b) The Cherokee.
(c) The Incas.
(d) The Aztecs.
4. What does August state on the recorder that he intends to do at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Re-sort his life.
(b) Go through what is left of the wreckage of the expedition.
(c) Illustrate the current expedition.
(d) Write a letter to his wife.
5. How does Dan say is the only way to feel completely safe on the sidewalks of New York?
(a) In daylight.
(c) Completely drunk.
(d) With a weapon.
6. Who comes to comfort Kirsten at the end of Act 1 Part 2?
7. Who is left alone in the dark at the end of Act 1 Part 6?
8. Who does Kirsten ask Delia about in Act 1 Part 4?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her female lover.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her boyfriend.
9. How old is the character Chad Jasker?
10. Delia talks of a soothsayer in Dombey and Son. Who changed the future in the book?
(a) The girl.
(b) The soothsayer.
(c) The villain.
(d) The hero.
11. Why does Dan rattle on during his conversation with Delia in the middle of the night in Act 1 Part 6?
(a) He is distracted by his wife's affair.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is stoned.
(d) He is nervous.
12. What activity is Jean doing in Act 1 Part 4?
(d) Jumping rope.
13. What does Delia say she did after finishing her book?
(a) Made a fortune.
(b) Got drunk for three days.
(c) Hid it under her bed.
(d) Went to a party.
14. Jean says the women in her family have a history of what?
15. What is Delia's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is revealed to be having an affair with Cynthia near the end of Act 1?
2. What is Dr. Jean Loggins' profession?
3. How do we know when August is alone in his study?
4. Which character says in Act 1, "The truth is in dreams and nightmares, but you haven't succeeded in getting that down?"
5. What is the term that defines Landford Wilson's use of a projector in The Mound Builders?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)