|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dan say the sign read when he woke up drunk in New York?
(b) "You must answer to get help."
(c) "Fire alert."
(d) "Dial 911."
2. Delia claims in Act 1 to have a terror of what?
(b) Gathering moss.
3. Jean suggests to Delia in Act 1 Part 5 that what is different about the excavation this year versus the previous one?
(a) The atmosphere.
(d) The townspeople.
4. Which character does August say is coming to stay with them unexpectedly?
5. What is Delia's father's profession?
6. What is the setting at the very beginning of Act 1?
(a) The site of the dig.
(b) August's study.
(c) The kitchen of August's home.
(d) The university.
7. What does Chad have a model of in Act 1?
(a) The university.
(b) The archeological dig.
(c) The Jasker Development site.
(d) The lake.
8. What does Dan say his roommate studied in college?
(a) Medieval History.
(b) Computer science.
9. Jean asks Delia, "Where does it hurt, D.K.?" What is Delia's reply?
(a) My liver.
(b) It hurts everywhere.
(c) Doctor, it's a pain in the ass.
(d) It doesn't.
10. How old is Kirsten?
11. Why is Jean taking time away from work?
(a) To have a baby.
(b) To be with Dan on the dig.
(c) To return to school.
(d) To get married.
12. Which character is raised and taught by his/her grandmother?
13. Jean says the women in her family have a history of what?
14. Who quotes Aztec poetry in Act 1?
15. How does Dan say is the only way to feel completely safe on the sidewalks of New York?
(a) With a weapon.
(b) In daylight.
(d) Completely drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dan say he fell asleep wrapped around in New York?
2. Who comes to comfort Kirsten at the end of Act 1 Part 2?
3. Where does August say that his sister was "scraped off the street?"
4. Which character says, "I have an intense desire to turn to the end of the chapter and see how it all comes out?"
5. How does Delia describe the temporary secretary she hired to transcribe her book?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)