|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dan complain about at the dig site in Act 1?
(a) His wife getting in the way.
(b) The lack of assistance.
(c) Townspeople crowding around.
(d) The ignorance of August.
2. Who is mentioned by Delia that wrote a book about the eye and vision?
(a) Her husband.
(c) Her father.
(d) August's ex-wife.
3. Why does August have to go to the airport in Act 1?
(a) To pick up his brother.
(b) To get his sister.
(c) To fly to the university.
(d) To pick up Jean and Dan.
4. What are the directions that August gives Dianne regarding his recording?
(a) To type them up.
(b) To match them with the corresponding slides.
(c) To mail them to the university.
(d) To listen to them.
5. What does Dan proceed to do after Delia's arrival in Act 1?
(a) Dance with his wife.
(b) Pour wine for everyone.
(c) Leave for the dig site.
(d) Pass around a joint.
6. What do Dan's notes state the two mounds in a village were for?
(a) The Temple and the Graveyard.
(b) The God-King and the Shaman.
(c) The Shaman and the Villagers.
(d) The God-King and the Temple.
7. In Act 1, what does Chad say almost prevented the house from being livable?
(a) A fire.
(c) The dam.
8. How many houses does Cynthia surmise there might have been in the village?
9. What does Dan say the sign read when he woke up drunk in New York?
(a) "You must answer to get help."
(c) "Fire alert."
(d) "Dial 911."
10. What is the setting at the very beginning of Act 1?
(a) The university.
(b) August's study.
(c) The site of the dig.
(d) The kitchen of August's home.
11. How do we know when August is alone in his study?
(a) The desk rises from beneath the stage.
(b) There is a full set change.
(c) It is projected on the screen.
(d) The lighting confines to this area only.
12. Why is Jean taking time away from work?
(a) To get married.
(b) To be with Dan on the dig.
(c) To return to school.
(d) To have a baby.
13. What does August say that they were racing against early in Act 1?
(a) The lease ending.
(b) Being shut down by preservationists.
(c) The construction of a dam.
(d) An interstate being built.
14. How old is Kirsten?
15. Jean suggests to Delia in Act 1 Part 5 that what is different about the excavation this year versus the previous one?
(c) The townspeople.
(d) The atmosphere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What house is shown in the first slides in Act 1?
2. Delia admits to Jean in Act 1 that she is what?
3. Who quotes Aztec poetry in Act 1?
4. Where does August say that the remains of an extensive village were discovered?
5. Which character says, "I have an intense desire to turn to the end of the chapter and see how it all comes out?"
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)