|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jean says to Delia that the Temple Mound People were likely runaways from whom?
(a) The Toltecs.
(b) The Incas.
(c) The Cherokee.
(d) The Aztecs.
2. Whom does August say Cynthia believes herself to be when speaking to the recorder in Act 1 Part 2?
(a) Ginger Rogers.
(b) An excellent mother.
(c) Diane Arbus.
(d) Ansel Adams.
3. What does August say that they were racing against early in Act 1?
(a) The lease ending.
(b) Being shut down by preservationists.
(c) The construction of a dam.
(d) An interstate being built.
4. What does Dan complain about at the dig site in Act 1?
(a) The lack of assistance.
(b) His wife getting in the way.
(c) Townspeople crowding around.
(d) The ignorance of August.
5. Who is revealed to be having an affair with Cynthia near the end of Act 1?
6. What does Chad have a model of in Act 1?
(a) The university.
(b) The Jasker Development site.
(c) The archeological dig.
(d) The lake.
7. What does Dan say he fell asleep wrapped around in New York?
(a) A mailbox.
(b) A fire-alarm box.
(c) A stop sign.
(d) A street post.
8. Which character says, "Jesus, dear God, but it's bleak here."
9. Which character is raised and taught by his/her grandmother?
10. What does August refer to Cynthia as when her photograph appears on a slide in Act 1?
(a) His wife.
(b) A photographer.
(c) Ex-relation by marriage.
(d) His daughter.
11. What does Delia claim they were doing to her at the hospital?
(a) Trying to kill her.
(b) Stealing her things.
(c) Locking her away.
(d) Making her well.
12. In Act 1, Dan says "A person isn't happy unless ________."
(a) They have a legacy.
(b) They have died.
(c) They're building something.
(d) They're married.
13. What is Dr. Jean Loggins' profession?
14. Which character says, in Act 1, "We'd be working somewhere else if our work here wasn't important?"
15. What does Delia say in Act 1 that she is frantically beating the bushes for?
(b) Her sight.
(c) Something to believe in.
(d) The truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Dr. Jean Loggins?
2. How many students are there to assist on the dig?
3. What is the name of the person to whom August speaks in the tape recorder?
4. What does Delia claim was the model for Camus' The Plague?
5. What is shown on the slide that August states is out of place in Act 1 Part 4?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)