|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes in with a flashlight and discovers Delia in the living room in Act 1 Part 6?
2. Which character says, "I have an intense desire to turn to the end of the chapter and see how it all comes out?"
3. Which character says in Act 1, "The truth is in dreams and nightmares, but you haven't succeeded in getting that down?"
4. Who comes to comfort Kirsten at the end of Act 1 Part 2?
5. Whom does August say Cynthia believes herself to be when speaking to the recorder in Act 1 Part 2?
(a) Ginger Rogers.
(b) Diane Arbus.
(c) An excellent mother.
(d) Ansel Adams.
6. What does August say his father did to Delia?
(a) Worshiped her.
(b) Laughed at her.
(c) Abandoned her.
(d) Abused her.
7. Why does August have to go to the airport in Act 1?
(a) To pick up his brother.
(b) To fly to the university.
(c) To get his sister.
(d) To pick up Jean and Dan.
8. What is Dr. Jean Loggins' profession?
9. What does August say that they were racing against early in Act 1?
(a) The construction of a dam.
(b) An interstate being built.
(c) Being shut down by preservationists.
(d) The lease ending.
10. Where on the set do the projections appear, according to the stage directions?
(a) On a screen at the front of the stage.
(b) On the back wall.
(c) On a curtain.
(d) On the desk.
11. How old is Professor August Howe?
12. Jean asks Delia in Act 1 Part 5 if she happens to have what?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A globe.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A tarot deck.
13. Who tells Delia that the book is a success and "she was a failure?"
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her publisher.
(d) Her father.
14. Who does Kirsten ask Delia about in Act 1 Part 4?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her female lover.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her boyfriend.
15. What is shown on the slide that August states is out of place in Act 1 Part 4?
(a) A pot from a previous excavation.
(b) A gold mask.
(c) A photograph of his wife.
(d) The tomb of the god-king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cynthia say the posts were used for in Act 1?
2. How many students are there to assist on the dig?
3. Where is the dig site located?
4. How does Dan say is the only way to feel completely safe on the sidewalks of New York?
5. Who is camping near the house?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)