|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jean suggests to Delia in Act 1 Part 5 that what is different about the excavation this year versus the previous one?
(c) The townspeople.
(d) The atmosphere.
2. Jean says to Delia that the Temple Mound People were likely runaways from whom?
(a) The Toltecs.
(b) The Incas.
(c) The Aztecs.
(d) The Cherokee.
3. What is the name of Delia's second book?
(a) The Last Days.
(b) Seven Nights.
(c) The Doctor.
4. What does Dan ask August not to reveal to the others in early Act 1?
(a) That Jean is sick.
(b) That he has married Jean.
(c) That he is leaving.
(d) That Jean is pregnant.
5. Delia admits to Jean in Act 1 that she is what?
(b) A liar.
(c) A hypochondriac.
6. What does Dan say the sign read when he woke up drunk in New York?
(a) "Fire alert."
(c) "Dial 911."
(d) "You must answer to get help."
7. What does Delia claim was the model for Camus' The Plague?
(a) New York.
(c) New Zealand.
8. What is Delia's father's profession?
9. What does Dan say he fell asleep wrapped around in New York?
(a) A stop sign.
(b) A street post.
(c) A fire-alarm box.
(d) A mailbox.
10. What is shown on the slide that August states is out of place in Act 1 Part 4?
(a) A gold mask.
(b) A photograph of his wife.
(c) A pot from a previous excavation.
(d) The tomb of the god-king.
11. What does Dan complain about at the dig site in Act 1?
(a) The lack of assistance.
(b) Townspeople crowding around.
(c) The ignorance of August.
(d) His wife getting in the way.
12. How many houses does Cynthia surmise there might have been in the village?
13. Who comes in with a flashlight and discovers Delia in the living room in Act 1 Part 6?
14. What is the name of the person to whom August speaks in the tape recorder?
15. Where does Jean develop an interest in medicine?
(a) From her grandmother.
(b) In school.
(c) A mental institution.
(d) At a camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "The natives get restless at night. The dogs raid the hen houses?"
2. What is Dr. Jean Loggins' profession?
3. What did Delia's ex-husband's sell?
4. Who is left alone in the dark at the end of Act 1 Part 6?
5. Which character says, "I have an intense desire to turn to the end of the chapter and see how it all comes out?"
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)