|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers the evidence of the village site?
(b) The archeology team.
(c) Engineers preparing the lake bed.
(d) The archeology students.
2. What does Delia say in Act 1 that she is frantically beating the bushes for?
(b) The truth.
(c) Something to believe in.
(d) Her sight.
3. At the beginning of Act 1 Part 6, there is a slide of a fire. What does August say this is?
(a) The tribal villagers.
(b) A weenie roast.
(c) A sacrifice ritual.
(d) The house burning.
4. How many villagers does Dan say supposedly were in Cahokia?
(a) Sixty thousand.
(b) Ten thousand.
(c) Forty to fifty thousand.
(d) Three hundred.
5. Which character says, in Act 1, "We'd be working somewhere else if our work here wasn't important?"
6. Who does Jean say the people on the dig want to fit into a particular pattern, although they know nothing about?
(a) The university heads.
(b) The townspeople.
(c) The people of the village they're unearthing.
(d) The writers.
7. Jean asks Delia in Act 1 Part 5 if she happens to have what?
(a) A tarot deck.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A globe.
(d) A mirror.
8. What does August say that they were racing against early in Act 1?
(a) An interstate being built.
(b) The construction of a dam.
(c) Being shut down by preservationists.
(d) The lease ending.
9. Jean says that in one village six men were laid out ceremonially with what cut off?
(a) Their right hands.
(b) Their heads.
(c) Their genitalia.
(d) Their legs.
10. What does Cynthia say the posts were used for in Act 1?
11. Who arrives drunk at the door in the middle of the night in Act 1 Part 6?
12. What do Dan's notes state the two mounds in a village were for?
(a) The God-King and the Temple.
(b) The God-King and the Shaman.
(c) The Temple and the Graveyard.
(d) The Shaman and the Villagers.
13. What does August say his father did to Delia?
(a) Laughed at her.
(b) Abandoned her.
(c) Worshiped her.
(d) Abused her.
14. Who calls Dan a Howdy-Dowdy, hale-fellow, nice guy in Act 1?
15. Jean says to Delia that the Temple Mound People were likely runaways from whom?
(a) The Cherokee.
(b) The Incas.
(c) The Toltecs.
(d) The Aztecs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does August refer to Cynthia as when her photograph appears on a slide in Act 1?
2. From where are the students selected to assist the dig?
3. In Act 1, Dan says "A person isn't happy unless ________."
4. How old is Kirsten?
5. Which character says, "I have an intense desire to turn to the end of the chapter and see how it all comes out?"
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)