|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Cynthia say Delia has contacted them in the past 10 years?
(d) Once a year.
2. What is the name that August refers to the site as?
(a) Blue Shoals Village site.
(b) God-King Village site.
(c) Mountain Springs Village site.
(d) Jasker Village site.
3. What do Dan's notes state the two mounds in a village were for?
(a) The God-King and the Temple.
(b) The Shaman and the Villagers.
(c) The God-King and the Shaman.
(d) The Temple and the Graveyard.
4. What is the name of the person to whom August speaks in the tape recorder?
5. What do the lights begin to reveal at the end of Act 1 Part 1?
(a) The lake.
(b) The University.
(c) The house in Blue Shoals.
(d) The dig site.
6. Who enters from upstairs in Act 1 Part 1 as the lights change to transition into the next scene?
(a) Cynthia and Kirsten.
(b) Kirsten and Delia.
(c) Delia and Chad.
(d) Chad and Jean.
7. Who develops a theory on musical organs having personalities as a child?
8. Who is revealed to be having an affair with Cynthia near the end of Act 1?
9. What does Dan say the sign read when he woke up drunk in New York?
(b) "Dial 911."
(c) "You must answer to get help."
(d) "Fire alert."
10. Which character says, "I have an intense desire to turn to the end of the chapter and see how it all comes out?"
11. What does August say his father did to Delia?
(a) Abused her.
(b) Abandoned her.
(c) Worshiped her.
(d) Laughed at her.
12. Delia admits to Jean in Act 1 that she is what?
(a) A liar.
(d) A hypochondriac.
13. What is Jean called as a child?
(c) Mary Jean.
14. Who is camping near the house?
(a) A group of hunters.
(c) A family from the town.
(d) A group of archeology students.
15. Who quotes Aztec poetry in Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does August say is coming to stay with them unexpectedly?
2. What does Chad have a model of in Act 1?
3. Jean asks Delia in Act 1 Part 5 if she happens to have what?
4. What does Dan say he fell asleep wrapped around in New York?
5. What upsets Delia after the completion of her novel?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)