|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dan ask August not to reveal to the others in early Act 1?
(a) That Jean is sick.
(b) That he has married Jean.
(c) That Jean is pregnant.
(d) That he is leaving.
2. Jean suggests to Delia in Act 1 Part 5 that what is different about the excavation this year versus the previous one?
(a) The atmosphere.
(c) The townspeople.
3. How many houses does Cynthia surmise there might have been in the village?
4. Whom does August say Cynthia believes herself to be when speaking to the recorder in Act 1 Part 2?
(a) Ansel Adams.
(b) Ginger Rogers.
(c) Diane Arbus.
(d) An excellent mother.
5. What is the term that defines Landford Wilson's use of a projector in The Mound Builders?
(a) Projectionist Theater.
(b) Performance Art.
(c) Multimedia Theater.
(d) Visual Effect.
6. What does Chad have a model of in Act 1?
(a) The lake.
(b) The university.
(c) The archeological dig.
(d) The Jasker Development site.
7. What does Dan say the sign read when he woke up drunk in New York?
(a) "Fire alert."
(b) "Dial 911."
(c) "You must answer to get help."
8. Who comes to comfort Kirsten at the end of Act 1 Part 2?
9. Jean says that in one village six men were laid out ceremonially with what cut off?
(a) Their heads.
(b) Their legs.
(c) Their right hands.
(d) Their genitalia.
10. Who is revealed to be having an affair with Cynthia near the end of Act 1?
11. What did Delia's ex-husband's sell?
(a) Dental equipment.
(b) Men's ties.
(c) Drilling equipment.
12. What does Chad offer to give Jean in Act 1?
(a) The house.
(b) A dog.
(c) The model.
(d) His share of the lease.
13. Which character won a national spelling bee as a kid?
14. How old is Professor August Howe?
15. What is the name of Delia's second book?
(b) The Last Days.
(c) The Doctor.
(d) Seven Nights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, in Act 1, "We'd be working somewhere else if our work here wasn't important?"
2. Where is the dig site located?
3. Which character says, "Jesus, dear God, but it's bleak here."
4. Who tells Delia that the book is a success and "she was a failure?"
5. Where on the set do the projections appear, according to the stage directions?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)