|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many students are there to assist on the dig?
2. How many summers did August say that they had previously spent excavating at the site in Act 1?
3. What activity is Jean doing in Act 1 Part 4?
(d) Jumping rope.
4. What does Dan complain about at the dig site in Act 1?
(a) His wife getting in the way.
(b) Townspeople crowding around.
(c) The lack of assistance.
(d) The ignorance of August.
5. Why does Dan rattle on during his conversation with Delia in the middle of the night in Act 1 Part 6?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is stoned.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is distracted by his wife's affair.
6. What did Delia's ex-husband's sell?
(a) Men's ties.
(c) Dental equipment.
(d) Drilling equipment.
7. Who is camping near the house?
(a) A group of hunters.
(b) A family from the town.
(d) A group of archeology students.
8. How do we know when August is alone in his study?
(a) It is projected on the screen.
(b) The lighting confines to this area only.
(c) The desk rises from beneath the stage.
(d) There is a full set change.
9. What is the name of Delia's second book?
(b) The Last Days.
(c) The Doctor.
(d) Seven Nights.
10. What does Delia claim they were doing to her at the hospital?
(a) Stealing her things.
(b) Trying to kill her.
(c) Locking her away.
(d) Making her well.
11. How old is the character Chad Jasker?
12. What does Cynthia say the posts were used for in Act 1?
13. What is the name that August refers to the site as?
(a) Mountain Springs Village site.
(b) Blue Shoals Village site.
(c) Jasker Village site.
(d) God-King Village site.
14. What does August say his father did to Delia?
(a) Laughed at her.
(b) Abused her.
(c) Worshiped her.
(d) Abandoned her.
15. What does August refer to Cynthia as when her photograph appears on a slide in Act 1?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) Ex-relation by marriage.
(d) A photographer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to comfort Kirsten at the end of Act 1 Part 2?
2. What does August say that they were racing against early in Act 1?
3. Delia talks of a soothsayer in Dombey and Son. Who changed the future in the book?
4. How long is Jean taking off work?
5. Which character is raised and taught by his/her grandmother?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)