|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the darkness with a flashlight in the end of Act 1 Part 2?
2. Who is revealed to be having an affair with Cynthia near the end of Act 1?
3. Which character says, "Jesus, dear God, but it's bleak here."
4. Who does Dan say build burial mounds?
(b) The Aztecs.
(d) Hunters and gatherers.
5. Delia talks of a soothsayer in Dombey and Son. Who changed the future in the book?
(a) The hero.
(b) The soothsayer.
(c) The villain.
(d) The girl.
6. What does August say his father did to Delia?
(a) Worshiped her.
(b) Abused her.
(c) Abandoned her.
(d) Laughed at her.
7. Who calls Dan a Howdy-Dowdy, hale-fellow, nice guy in Act 1?
8. What is Delia's father's profession?
9. Who is left alone in the dark at the end of Act 1 Part 6?
10. How many times does Cynthia say Delia has contacted them in the past 10 years?
(d) Once a year.
11. What does August refer to Cynthia as when her photograph appears on a slide in Act 1?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) Ex-relation by marriage.
(d) A photographer.
12. How many students are there to assist on the dig?
13. Who comes in with a flashlight and discovers Delia in the living room in Act 1 Part 6?
14. What is the setting at the very beginning of Act 1?
(a) The kitchen of August's home.
(b) The site of the dig.
(c) August's study.
(d) The university.
15. What upsets Delia after the completion of her novel?
(a) She thought it was awful.
(b) She believed her publisher wouldn't buy it.
(c) She thought the transcriber hadn't liked it.
(d) She had lied while writing it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delia claim was the model for Camus' The Plague?
2. Jean suggests to Delia in Act 1 Part 5 that what is different about the excavation this year versus the previous one?
3. What did Delia's ex-husband's sell?
4. Who does Kirsten ask Delia about in Act 1 Part 4?
5. Where does Jean develop an interest in medicine?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)