|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who develops a theory on musical organs having personalities as a child?
2. Which character says, in Act 1, "We'd be working somewhere else if our work here wasn't important?"
3. Who discovers the evidence of the village site?
(a) The archeology students.
(c) The archeology team.
(d) Engineers preparing the lake bed.
4. Which character says, "Jesus, dear God, but it's bleak here."
5. What does Dan say his roommate studied in college?
(c) Computer science.
(d) Medieval History.
6. Who is left alone in the dark at the end of Act 1 Part 6?
7. How many students are there to assist on the dig?
8. What does Delia claim was the model for Camus' The Plague?
(a) New Zealand.
(c) New York.
9. What is the setting at the very beginning of Act 1?
(a) The kitchen of August's home.
(b) The site of the dig.
(c) The university.
(d) August's study.
10. Who is the author of the Aztec poem that is recited in Act 1?
(a) It is unknown.
(b) A God-King.
(d) The shaman it was buried by.
11. What does Chad have a model of in Act 1?
(a) The university.
(b) The archeological dig.
(c) The lake.
(d) The Jasker Development site.
12. How does Delia describe the temporary secretary she hired to transcribe her book?
(a) Very neat, sweet, meek.
(b) An idiot.
(c) Haughty and proud.
(d) Demure and prudish.
13. Where does Jean develop an interest in medicine?
(a) At a camp.
(b) In school.
(c) A mental institution.
(d) From her grandmother.
14. What is the name of the person to whom August speaks in the tape recorder?
15. What does Delia claim they were doing to her at the hospital?
(a) Trying to kill her.
(b) Making her well.
(c) Stealing her things.
(d) Locking her away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the airport August is going to in Act 1?
2. Why is Jean taking time away from work?
3. What does Dan say the sign read when he woke up drunk in New York?
4. Jean says the women in her family have a history of what?
5. Who does Kirsten ask Delia about in Act 1 Part 4?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)