|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the airport August is going to in Act 1?
(a) Blue Shoals.
(c) Mountain Springs.
2. Who is the author of the Aztec poem that is recited in Act 1?
(a) The shaman it was buried by.
(b) A God-King.
(c) It is unknown.
3. In Act 1, Dan says "A person isn't happy unless ________."
(a) They have a legacy.
(b) They have died.
(c) They're married.
(d) They're building something.
4. Who appears with Jean in front of the slide of the lake in Act 1?
5. What did Delia's ex-husband's sell?
(b) Men's ties.
(c) Drilling equipment.
(d) Dental equipment.
6. Which character is raised and taught by his/her grandmother?
7. What does Dan say the sign read when he woke up drunk in New York?
(a) "Dial 911."
(b) "Fire alert."
(c) "You must answer to get help."
8. Who comes to comfort Kirsten at the end of Act 1 Part 2?
9. How does Dan say is the only way to feel completely safe on the sidewalks of New York?
(a) In daylight.
(b) With a weapon.
(c) Completely drunk.
10. What does August state on the recorder that he intends to do at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Illustrate the current expedition.
(b) Re-sort his life.
(c) Write a letter to his wife.
(d) Go through what is left of the wreckage of the expedition.
11. How long is Jean taking off work?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Nine months.
12. What is the term that defines Landford Wilson's use of a projector in The Mound Builders?
(a) Projectionist Theater.
(b) Visual Effect.
(c) Performance Art.
(d) Multimedia Theater.
13. What is the setting at the very beginning of Act 1?
(a) The site of the dig.
(b) The university.
(c) The kitchen of August's home.
(d) August's study.
14. What are the directions that August gives Dianne regarding his recording?
(a) To match them with the corresponding slides.
(b) To listen to them.
(c) To type them up.
(d) To mail them to the university.
15. Who calls Dan a Howdy-Dowdy, hale-fellow, nice guy in Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "Jesus, dear God, but it's bleak here."
2. Where does August say that his sister was "scraped off the street?"
3. Who enters from upstairs in Act 1 Part 1 as the lights change to transition into the next scene?
4. Jean says to Delia that the Temple Mound People were likely runaways from whom?
5. What does Delia say she did after finishing her book?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)