|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dan claim is another name for the Temple Mound People?
(a) The Aztecs.
(b) The Adena.
(c) The Early Mississippian Culture.
(d) The Jasker Tribe.
2. What do the lights begin to reveal at the end of Act 1 Part 1?
(a) The house in Blue Shoals.
(b) The dig site.
(c) The University.
(d) The lake.
3. Where on the set do the projections appear, according to the stage directions?
(a) On a curtain.
(b) On the desk.
(c) On a screen at the front of the stage.
(d) On the back wall.
4. How does Delia describe the temporary secretary she hired to transcribe her book?
(a) Demure and prudish.
(b) Haughty and proud.
(c) Very neat, sweet, meek.
(d) An idiot.
5. Jean suggests to Delia in Act 1 Part 5 that what is different about the excavation this year versus the previous one?
(a) The atmosphere.
(c) The townspeople.
6. Where does August say that his sister was "scraped off the street?"
(d) Eastern Asia.
7. What does Delia say she did after finishing her book?
(a) Made a fortune.
(b) Went to a party.
(c) Got drunk for three days.
(d) Hid it under her bed.
8. At the beginning of Act 1 Part 6, there is a slide of a fire. What does August say this is?
(a) The house burning.
(b) A sacrifice ritual.
(c) A weenie roast.
(d) The tribal villagers.
9. Jean says to Delia that the Temple Mound People were likely runaways from whom?
(a) The Toltecs.
(b) The Aztecs.
(c) The Incas.
(d) The Cherokee.
10. In Act 1, what does Chad say almost prevented the house from being livable?
(b) A fire.
(d) The dam.
11. What does Dan say his roommate studied in college?
(a) Medieval History.
(d) Computer science.
12. What do Jean and Dan argue over in Act 1?
(a) His neglect of her.
(b) Her refusing a glass of wine.
(c) Her refusing to smoke the joint.
(d) Her decision to leave work.
13. Who is camping near the house?
(b) A group of archeology students.
(c) A family from the town.
(d) A group of hunters.
14. In Act 1, Dan says "A person isn't happy unless ________."
(a) They're married.
(b) They're building something.
(c) They have died.
(d) They have a legacy.
15. Who tells Delia that the book is a success and "she was a failure?"
(a) Her father.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her publisher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does the play begin?
2. Delia admits to Jean in Act 1 that she is what?
3. What is the name that August refers to the site as?
4. What does August state on the recorder that he intends to do at the beginning of Act 1?
5. What did Delia's ex-husband's sell?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)