|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Delia claim they were doing to her at the hospital?
(a) Locking her away.
(b) Stealing her things.
(c) Making her well.
(d) Trying to kill her.
2. Which character is raised and taught by his/her grandmother?
3. Who carries Delia into the house in Act 1?
(c) No one.
4. In Act 1, what does Chad say almost prevented the house from being livable?
(b) The dam.
(c) A fire.
5. How long is Jean taking off work?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
6. What is Delia's last name?
7. Who does Dan say build burial mounds?
(a) The Aztecs.
(b) Hunters and gatherers.
8. How many houses does Cynthia surmise there might have been in the village?
9. Jean says to Delia that the Temple Mound People were likely runaways from whom?
(a) The Cherokee.
(b) The Toltecs.
(c) The Aztecs.
(d) The Incas.
10. Which character says, "The natives get restless at night. The dogs raid the hen houses?"
11. Who is the author of the Aztec poem that is recited in Act 1?
(a) The shaman it was buried by.
(c) A God-King.
(d) It is unknown.
12. Jean asks Delia in Act 1 Part 5 if she happens to have what?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A globe.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A tarot deck.
13. Which character won a national spelling bee as a kid?
14. At the beginning of Act 1 Part 6, there is a slide of a fire. What does August say this is?
(a) The tribal villagers.
(b) The house burning.
(c) A sacrifice ritual.
(d) A weenie roast.
15. Who calls Dan a Howdy-Dowdy, hale-fellow, nice guy in Act 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dan complain about at the dig site in Act 1?
2. Who does Jean say the people on the dig want to fit into a particular pattern, although they know nothing about?
3. What is shown on the slide that August states is out of place in Act 1 Part 4?
4. Who enters the darkness with a flashlight in the end of Act 1 Part 2?
5. What did Delia's ex-husband's sell?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)