|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jean says that in one village six men were laid out ceremonially with what cut off?
(a) Their legs.
(b) Their genitalia.
(c) Their heads.
(d) Their right hands.
2. What is Delia's father's profession?
3. From where does Delia ship a trunk to August and Cynthia?
4. Who quotes Aztec poetry in Act 1?
5. Which character does August say is coming to stay with them unexpectedly?
6. What does Delia say she did after finishing her book?
(a) Hid it under her bed.
(b) Went to a party.
(c) Got drunk for three days.
(d) Made a fortune.
7. What upsets Delia after the completion of her novel?
(a) She had lied while writing it.
(b) She thought it was awful.
(c) She believed her publisher wouldn't buy it.
(d) She thought the transcriber hadn't liked it.
8. Who does Kirsten ask Delia about in Act 1 Part 4?
(a) Her female lover.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her daughter.
9. How many villagers does Dan say supposedly were in Cahokia?
(a) Sixty thousand.
(b) Forty to fifty thousand.
(c) Ten thousand.
(d) Three hundred.
10. How many summers did August say that they had previously spent excavating at the site in Act 1?
11. Where does Dan attend college?
12. Which character is raised and taught by his/her grandmother?
13. How does Delia describe her father's office?
14. What does Dan complain about at the dig site in Act 1?
(a) The ignorance of August.
(b) His wife getting in the way.
(c) The lack of assistance.
(d) Townspeople crowding around.
15. What does August say that they were racing against early in Act 1?
(a) The lease ending.
(b) An interstate being built.
(c) The construction of a dam.
(d) Being shut down by preservationists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is mentioned by Delia that wrote a book about the eye and vision?
2. Who is revealed to be having an affair with Cynthia near the end of Act 1?
3. How old is Professor August Howe?
4. Jean suggests to Delia in Act 1 Part 5 that what is different about the excavation this year versus the previous one?
5. What is the setting at the very beginning of Act 1?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)