|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jean and Dan argue over in Act 1?
(a) His neglect of her.
(b) Her refusing to smoke the joint.
(c) Her refusing a glass of wine.
(d) Her decision to leave work.
2. How is Kirsten related to Cynthia?
(a) She is her adopted daughter.
(b) She is her daughter.
(c) She is her sister.
(d) She is her neice.
3. How old is the character Chad Jasker?
4. What does Dan say he fell asleep wrapped around in New York?
(a) A mailbox.
(b) A fire-alarm box.
(c) A stop sign.
(d) A street post.
5. Who carries Delia into the house in Act 1?
(b) No one.
6. Who arrives drunk at the door in the middle of the night in Act 1 Part 6?
7. What is the name of Delia's second book?
(a) The Doctor.
(b) Seven Nights.
(d) The Last Days.
8. Who appears with Jean in front of the slide of the lake in Act 1?
9. What does Dan claim is another name for the Temple Mound People?
(a) The Jasker Tribe.
(b) The Adena.
(c) The Early Mississippian Culture.
(d) The Aztecs.
10. Who enters the darkness with a flashlight in the end of Act 1 Part 2?
11. Why does Dan rattle on during his conversation with Delia in the middle of the night in Act 1 Part 6?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is distracted by his wife's affair.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is stoned.
12. How old is Dr. Jean Loggins?
13. Whom does August say Cynthia believes herself to be when speaking to the recorder in Act 1 Part 2?
(a) Diane Arbus.
(b) An excellent mother.
(c) Ansel Adams.
(d) Ginger Rogers.
14. What does Dan complain about at the dig site in Act 1?
(a) The ignorance of August.
(b) The lack of assistance.
(c) Townspeople crowding around.
(d) His wife getting in the way.
15. Who is left alone in the dark at the end of Act 1 Part 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person to whom August speaks in the tape recorder?
2. Which character is raised and taught by his/her grandmother?
3. Jean says the women in her family have a history of what?
4. Who comes in with a flashlight and discovers Delia in the living room in Act 1 Part 6?
5. What is the name that August refers to the site as?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)