|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is shown on the slide that August states is out of place in Act 1 Part 4?
(a) A photograph of his wife.
(b) The tomb of the god-king.
(c) A pot from a previous excavation.
(d) A gold mask.
2. Jean asks Chad if he will move the house when the lake comes in. What is his response?
(b) They will build a new one.
(c) It isn't worth the cost.
(d) He has already sold it.
3. Where does August say that his sister was "scraped off the street?"
(c) Eastern Asia.
4. Who calls Dan a Howdy-Dowdy, hale-fellow, nice guy in Act 1?
5. How does Dan say is the only way to feel completely safe on the sidewalks of New York?
(a) Completely drunk.
(b) In daylight.
(c) With a weapon.
6. Jean asks Delia, "Where does it hurt, D.K.?" What is Delia's reply?
(a) It doesn't.
(b) It hurts everywhere.
(c) Doctor, it's a pain in the ass.
(d) My liver.
7. How long is Jean taking off work?
(a) One year.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Eighteen months.
8. Who is the author of the Aztec poem that is recited in Act 1?
(a) A God-King.
(b) It is unknown.
(d) The shaman it was buried by.
9. Where on the set do the projections appear, according to the stage directions?
(a) On a screen at the front of the stage.
(b) On a curtain.
(c) On the back wall.
(d) On the desk.
10. Why is Jean taking time away from work?
(a) To return to school.
(b) To get married.
(c) To have a baby.
(d) To be with Dan on the dig.
11. Which character says, "I have an intense desire to turn to the end of the chapter and see how it all comes out?"
12. How many houses does Cynthia surmise there might have been in the village?
13. What does August state on the recorder that he intends to do at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Go through what is left of the wreckage of the expedition.
(b) Write a letter to his wife.
(c) Re-sort his life.
(d) Illustrate the current expedition.
14. How old is Dr. Jean Loggins?
15. How many times does Cynthia say Delia has contacted them in the past 10 years?
(b) Once a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Delia's last name?
2. Where does August say that the remains of an extensive village were discovered?
3. Delia talks of a soothsayer in Dombey and Son. Who changed the future in the book?
4. Who enters the darkness with a flashlight in the end of Act 1 Part 2?
5. Who does Kirsten ask Delia about in Act 1 Part 4?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)