|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Delia that the book is a success and "she was a failure?"
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her publisher.
2. What does Dan say his roommate studied in college?
(c) Medieval History.
(d) Computer science.
3. How many students are there to assist on the dig?
4. What does Dan proceed to do after Delia's arrival in Act 1?
(a) Pass around a joint.
(b) Pour wine for everyone.
(c) Dance with his wife.
(d) Leave for the dig site.
5. Who is left alone in the dark at the end of Act 1 Part 6?
6. What do Jean and Dan argue over in Act 1?
(a) Her decision to leave work.
(b) Her refusing a glass of wine.
(c) Her refusing to smoke the joint.
(d) His neglect of her.
7. Who is the author of the Aztec poem that is recited in Act 1?
(a) It is unknown.
(c) The shaman it was buried by.
(d) A God-King.
8. What is the name of Delia's second book?
(a) The Doctor.
(b) The Last Days.
(c) Seven Nights.
9. Who does Kirsten ask Delia about in Act 1 Part 4?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her female lover.
10. Who quotes Aztec poetry in Act 1?
11. Where does Dan attend college?
12. Why does Dan rattle on during his conversation with Delia in the middle of the night in Act 1 Part 6?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is stoned.
(c) He is distracted by his wife's affair.
(d) He is nervous.
13. In Act 1, what does Chad say almost prevented the house from being livable?
(c) A fire.
(d) The dam.
14. What does Delia say in Act 1 that she is frantically beating the bushes for?
(b) Something to believe in.
(c) Her sight.
(d) The truth.
15. Jean says to Delia that the Temple Mound People were likely runaways from whom?
(a) The Incas.
(b) The Cherokee.
(c) The Aztecs.
(d) The Toltecs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jean say the people on the dig want to fit into a particular pattern, although they know nothing about?
2. Who discovers the evidence of the village site?
3. What does August say that they were racing against early in Act 1?
4. Who arrives drunk at the door in the middle of the night in Act 1 Part 6?
5. What does August state on the recorder that he intends to do at the beginning of Act 1?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)