|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does August have to go to the airport in Act 1?
(a) To get his sister.
(b) To pick up his brother.
(c) To pick up Jean and Dan.
(d) To fly to the university.
2. What is the name of the person to whom August speaks in the tape recorder?
3. In Act 1, what does Chad say almost prevented the house from being livable?
(a) The dam.
(b) A fire.
4. At the beginning of Act 1 Part 6, there is a slide of a fire. What does August say this is?
(a) A weenie roast.
(b) The tribal villagers.
(c) A sacrifice ritual.
(d) The house burning.
5. How many summers did August say that they had previously spent excavating at the site in Act 1?
6. What do Jean and Dan argue over in Act 1?
(a) Her refusing a glass of wine.
(b) His neglect of her.
(c) Her decision to leave work.
(d) Her refusing to smoke the joint.
7. Who is mentioned by Delia that wrote a book about the eye and vision?
(a) August's ex-wife.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her father.
8. Who tells Delia that the book is a success and "she was a failure?"
(b) Her publisher.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her father.
9. Where is the airport August is going to in Act 1?
(a) Blue Shoals.
(d) Mountain Springs.
10. What is the term that defines Landford Wilson's use of a projector in The Mound Builders?
(a) Multimedia Theater.
(b) Visual Effect.
(c) Projectionist Theater.
(d) Performance Art.
11. Who enters the darkness with a flashlight in the end of Act 1 Part 2?
12. Who appears with Jean in front of the slide of the lake in Act 1?
13. Jean says to Delia that the Temple Mound People were likely runaways from whom?
(a) The Incas.
(b) The Cherokee.
(c) The Aztecs.
(d) The Toltecs.
14. Who quotes Aztec poetry in Act 1?
15. Which character won a national spelling bee as a kid?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jean suggests to Delia in Act 1 Part 5 that what is different about the excavation this year versus the previous one?
2. Jean asks Delia, "Where does it hurt, D.K.?" What is Delia's reply?
3. What does Cynthia say the posts were used for in Act 1?
4. In what month does the play begin?
5. How many students are there to assist on the dig?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)