|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does August say Cynthia believes herself to be when speaking to the recorder in Act 1 Part 2?
(a) Ansel Adams.
(b) Diane Arbus.
(c) Ginger Rogers.
(d) An excellent mother.
2. What does August say his father did to Delia?
(a) Worshiped her.
(b) Abused her.
(c) Laughed at her.
(d) Abandoned her.
3. Who is the author of the Aztec poem that is recited in Act 1?
(b) A God-King.
(c) It is unknown.
(d) The shaman it was buried by.
4. What is the top caste that Dan and August speak of for the ancient people?
(a) The Honored Men.
(b) The Nobles.
(c) The Chiefs.
(d) The Suns.
5. What does the Chinese proverb say that Jean quotes?
(a) A drop of water shall be returned with a burst of spring.
(b) A person is blessed once, but his troubles never come alone.
(c) If you save a man from drowning, you're responsible for him the rest of his life.
(d) You never step into the same river twice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is left alone in the dark at the end of Act 1 Part 6?
2. What does Chad have a model of in Act 1?
3. How do we know when August is alone in his study?
4. What does Dan say the sign read when he woke up drunk in New York?
5. How does Dan say is the only way to feel completely safe on the sidewalks of New York?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)