|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1 Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does August say Cynthia believes herself to be when speaking to the recorder in Act 1 Part 2?
(a) Diane Arbus.
(b) Ginger Rogers.
(c) An excellent mother.
(d) Ansel Adams.
2. What does August state on the recorder that he intends to do at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Illustrate the current expedition.
(b) Re-sort his life.
(c) Go through what is left of the wreckage of the expedition.
(d) Write a letter to his wife.
3. What does Delia say in Act 1 that she is frantically beating the bushes for?
(a) Something to believe in.
(b) The truth.
(c) Her sight.
4. What does Delia believe about the human eye from looking at charts as a child?
(a) That it could see through things.
(b) That it emitted rays of light.
(c) That it absorbed rays of light.
(d) That it could tell the future.
5. Which character says, in Act 1, "We'd be working somewhere else if our work here wasn't important?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who develops a theory on musical organs having personalities as a child?
2. What does Delia claim was the model for Camus' The Plague?
3. Where is the dig site located?
4. How old is Dr. Jean Loggins?
5. What is the setting at the very beginning of Act 1?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)