Act 1 Part 1
1. What is the name of the person to whom August speaks in the tape recorder?
2. What is the setting at the very beginning of Act 1?
(a) The kitchen of August's home.
(b) August's study.
(c) The site of the dig.
(d) The university.
3. In what month does the play begin?
4. What is the term that defines Landford Wilson's use of a projector in The Mound Builders?
(a) Visual Effect.
(b) Multimedia Theater.
(c) Performance Art.
(d) Projectionist Theater.
5. How old is Professor August Howe?
6. How do we know when August is alone in his study?
(a) The lighting confines to this area only.
(b) There is a full set change.
(c) The desk rises from beneath the stage.
(d) It is projected on the screen.
7. Where on the set do the projections appear, according to the stage directions?
(a) On the desk.
(b) On a curtain.
(c) On the back wall.
(d) On a screen at the front of the stage.
This section contains 3,965 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)